The GT5/FM3 thread of GTP livery experiment!

• Thread starter alba
  • 183 comments
After alot of tweaks and adjustments, here it is:

Stunning! So is it up on the Storefront? If so which COT mfr did you use and any keywords to make searching easier?

Edit...
Sorry just noticed you don't have a live account.

Last edited:
Darn it RACECAR, I thought you meant you had Forza. :lol: But that's outstanding. Awesome shading on the racing numbers and gtplanet text. 👍

Darn it, and I think I need to fix my SONY logo too. Yours is perfect.

Well, I'm in the middle of fussing with getting the 360 "Leet" to scroll through the pic library. I swear, that thing must have a file system right out of the 80s... it's CRAWLING! Since it's taking forever to do anything, I thought I'd get in on the teaser bandwagon for my latest.

350ztease01a.jpg

By stryker99

350ztease02a.jpg

By stryker99

Darn it RACECAR, I thought you meant you had Forza. :lol: But that's outstanding. Awesome shading on the racing numbers and gtplanet text. 👍

Well, I'm in the middle of fussing with getting the 360 "Leet" to scroll through the pic library. I swear, that thing must have a file system right out of the 80s... it's CRAWLING! Since it's taking forever to do anything, I thought I'd get in on the teaser bandwagon for my latest.

350ztease01a.jpg

By stryker99

What's happening with the section in-between the spoke and lip of the rim? Looks like it's rusting...are the photos really compressed that much?

As Mr. Numbers (:D) above me has said, way too much teasing there.

Oh, if the game is taking forever to scroll through the pictures you've taken, try waiting a bit too long for your saved vinyls to come up and then take ages to scroll through them all. I swear, whomever programmed the game to that extent has never in his or her life ever heard of the word cache, and if they have, they need to up the allocation size. :ill:

Stunning! So is it up on the Storefront? If so which COT mfr did you use and any keywords to make searching easier?

Edit...
Sorry just noticed you don't have a live account.

Yeah, sorry about that. I only have a PSN account, no live account here.

Hahahaha, I've said I don't have Forza but I guess you didn't see the post. I only have Nascar 09 so thats the only way I can do the livery. I plan on redoing that in a a different colors and see how that works.

It's cool, and make as many variations as you like, they rock pretty hard.

What's happening with the section in-between the spoke and lip of the rim? Looks like it's rusting...are the photos really compressed that much?
That surprised me for a moment too, but it was in the middle of a race in Sedona, so it's undoubtedly heat searing discoloration. I'm assuming all these rims are new anyhow... ;)

In any case, after a freaking HOUR struggling through my photo folder, here are some pics.

350Z07a.jpg

350Z08a.jpg

350Z48a.jpg

350Z54a.jpg

350Z57a.jpg

I'm afraid I'm going off on my own little tangent and making every car into a race car, but hopefully you guys are enjoying them. Someday, I have to paint a car white, slap on some GT Planet decals, and tie one hand behind my back to keep from going so crazy. I added a "visor" stripe after I took a break from fighting with my sluggish 360 hard drive. By the way, the Polyphony decals are mine, so they can safely be shared.

Man, and is the 360 being a pain! If you want very many decals, and if you want to make liveries, you will, or if you like taking pics of your cars, and most likely you will, the 360 will get loaded in no time at all and crawl like a dead rat! I swear, if Microsoft ever gets a stranglehold on high def gaming, it's so going to blow. And I mean blow hard with a vengeance.

Edit: here's one more showing its little silvery lip.

350Z13a.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa! Nice livery, and I enjoyed the Die Hard reference (hopefully it was a DH reference :lol:)

I'm working on the R10 now but I can't stand how long these load times are! They're just vinyls for freaks sake - you would think the photos, replay ghosts, vinyls, designs and so on...are all cached to the same place. You know what, they probably are....

🤬 idiots.

When I click my photos it literally takes a minute to bring them up now (used to be 40 seconds) and then you have to wait five seconds for each thumbnail to scroll. I posted the fault on fm.net with a video. Another guy had the same problem with his livery stuff.

I deleted some pics and got the amount down to around 120 and it started to load and work fast but I took more and when up to about 130 it started to crawl again. Che replied and said they're looking into it. I normally click my photo and go off to make a drink or something.

Uncharted 2, Wipeout HD I can save as many uncompressed photos as I want to my USB. Its so odd how this is accepted and 10-15 million people pay for Live. MS take billions of dollars.

When I click my photos it literally takes a minute to bring them up now (used to be 40 seconds) and then you have to wait five seconds for each thumbnail to scroll. I posted the fault on fm.net with a video. Another guy had the same problem with his livery stuff.

I deleted some pics and got the amount down to around 120 and it started to load and work fast but I took more and when up to about 130 it started to crawl again. Che replied and said they're looking into it. I normally click my photo and go off to make a drink or something.

Uncharted 2, Wipeout HD I can save as many uncompressed photos as I want to my USB. Its so odd how this is accepted and 10-15 million people pay for Live. MS take billions of dollars.

Well, Live is worth the cost in the long run but some (almost most) of it is downright ridiculous - why in the hell should I have to waste MS Points on clothing for a 🤬 WeeMee, er, Avatar? What's stupid and other such expressions I can't express because of the goshdamn swear filter is bundling a 2GB USB drive when you can't do anything game-related with it.

Thanks Terronium. At first, I wasn't sure if I really liked it or not, but it grew on me pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I got as little heavy handed with the saturation on the pics, and now when I look at them, instead of looking color enhanced, they look color-ized. But darn it, the Forza site drains out half the color for some stupid reason. For a fairly old software company, MS really is quite sucky at almost everything.

Yep, Die Hard. ;)

And here we go with the 360 issues with a Forza game again. Last time, it was shifting liveries, a garage which could crash your 360, and an Auction House that could get you banned from Live if you happen to loose your connection while in it. I really dig Forza, and I wouldn't sell my 360 even though I couldn't care less about the 360 library otherwise, but this rushed, buggy stuff from T10 is getting a little old. Maybe "definitive" covers game issues too, because these are definitively lame. My various folders are about 90 seconds to load now. :P

It does seem that it scrolls a little faster by about a second if you push through one at a time and let them load, rather than holding the pad down. I hope they get something resolved, because I'm just getting started, and I intend to have a ton of decals, liveries, replays, photos, cars... everything.

Oh, and about the USB stuff. They blame it on security issues, not being able to plug USB drives or other things in, but it seems they don't want a repeat of what happened with the XBox. People found out you could crack it easily, and tens of thousands of them got purchased to use as cheap servers and other computing tasks. MS just about had kittens when they found out, because they make their money with game and peripheral sales, and Live. And they're determined the same thing won't happen with the 360. So far so good, but we, the honest consumer, are screwed because of it.

Last edited:
Good stuff man! Keep it up. I have yet to finish mien really no time for it, boo :'(

Hey guys, I got the Evo X on the Turn 10 Picks yesterday I was told by some people on forzacentral and also the PT Cruiser drag taxi today. I'm super happy with that! Bit of free advertising for GTP too ;)

Excellent Livery Tenacious D your PS vinyls are great 👍 Good news on the top 10 pick Rue, I had doubts whether anything with GT on it would get picked nice to see that it does

Rue
Hey guys, I got the Evo X on the Turn 10 Picks yesterday I was told by some people on forzacentral and also the PT Cruiser drag taxi today. I'm super happy with that! Bit of free advertising for GTP too ;)

Yeah I noticed yesterday that the taxi was picked but I didn't see the Evo. Forgot to mention it but it was cool to see. Congrats!

That would be cool, wouldn't it! :lol: Does anyone know Jordan's last name, or is it "X"...?

Good job on getting noticed, Rue. I saw both your designs on the Top 10 lists yesterday.

And thanks for the good words on my livery. I have to say I'm getting VERY irritated with the way the 360 bogs with a few dozen decals or pics. But if you're gonna make up race cars... whatcha gonna do.

Besides pray for a soon and completely maxed out GT5...

Oh well, back at it. I have a nice variation coming up. I really should do a Forza livery sometime before I get lynched... ;)

NOW, put Kazunori Yamauchi's name above the windows.:sly:

Or Jordan's...;)

Awesome idea:lol: If its not a government top secret, would be nice to know his last name.

Also if anyone would like to add their own numbers, I'll put up the original base with the paint scheme ready made. It'll be available in both PDN and PSD formats.

Rue
Congrats, Rue, that is very cool! I have been contacted by the guys at Turn 10 before and I think they are actually quite interested in the site, so I appreciate the recognition (and your work certainly gave them an excellent reason to provide it). :D

Wow... well, Jordan, would you mind being a co-driver on some designs? :D
Of course not! :)

Heres an attempt, but im not that great, but my designs sell OK.
I need alba to give me some of the logos unlocked so i can be a bit more creative. Here we go!

1zwkx7r.jpg

*Notice the Metallica logo on the side

Wow... well, Jordan, would you mind being a co-driver on some designs? :D
Of course not! :)
Stupendous! I'll have to stencil you in on some of these paint jobs. 👍

And that's really nice, tomo. Hit me up if you don't see alba online. I have the decals too. I'm going to make a gtplanet.net version that doesn't use stenciling when I get on.

Apparently he's kind of busy these says, which is a shame because his designs are stellar. I caught a glimpse of a DTM Audi he had started and now I have to wait on it. Oh, and my nick is Nigel (space) Fox.

Yep, been all kind of busy the last couple of days, I'll be racing you online soon man! :D I'll try to send you the vinyl group soon :)

Awesome alba, looking forward to it. 👍

For those of you interested in playing the GTPlanet livery game, I created a batch of unstenciled decals, so you can use them on any color car without having to worry about stray colors intruding. Will share.

Awesome alba, looking forward to it. 👍

For those of you interested in playing the GTPlanet livery game, I created a batch of unstenciled decals, so you can use them on any color car without having to worry about stray colors intruding. Will share.

Count me in 👍

I forgot to post this before :dunce:

forza3d.jpg

I haven't touched it since, been trying to finish season 5 and its long

Move the Roof decals (globe and gtplanet) down to the hood, center the GT stripes on the roof and it's the nicest GTplanet liv to my eyes.

Move the Roof decals (globe and gtplanet) down to the hood
Well, duplicate them on the hood, I'd say. But yes, very nice.

Since I went through conniptions slogging through my decal list for... I think it was tomo yesterday, I had a brain shower and will be making a decal "sheet" so they're all together. When you guys get it, be sure and "supersize" them large in the livery creator grid to make sure nothing slipped, because it seems that the livery editor's math isn't perfect. On occasion when I've made a decal and made it huge to fix little flaws, it seems things didn't resize to the same proportions. Then again, I go to extremes and use little patch shapes to make sure that there are no holes and curves are mostly right, so that might be a part of it.

Also might not be around for several hours this afternoon (Central US) as I have to do mundane life stuff to prepare for the week. Life... meh. :P

Edit: well, it took an hour, but I have alba's and my decals saved to one file, and each are grouped individually so you can sort and save them to separare files, or load all at once on a car and sort in the livery editor.

Last edited:
I got bored of looking at the white Koenigsegg so did a quick livery its quite simple and I used alba's vinys again. Apologies for the strange colours on the pictures I was playing with the settings 👍

ccgt.jpg

forza4c.jpg

I haven't gone back to the EvoX thanks for the comments chepe and Tenacious I'll play around with it some day :lol:

Back