The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
I wasn’t being dramatic at all, I just said I had them all for completion sake. Chill. :P
Alright then. Good for you. :)

By the way, it's only now that I remembered that not all standard cars can be gotten via generated tickets from the GE. Has anyone learned of this? I was looking for a specific car but unfortunately, couldn't find its name there.

By the way, it's only now that I remembered that not all standard cars can be gotten via generated tickets from the GE. Has anyone learned of this? I was looking for a specific car but unfortunately, couldn't find its name there.
What specific car is the exception? I don't remember any of the Standard cars being missing from the list.

The two standard cars i’m Missing are the Audi TT 3.2 ‘04 & the BMW Z4 ‘03. I’ve never seen them before in standard form on GT5. Can you even port them over to arcade mode from the PSP?

GE is missing two GTPSP standards, I noticed this a long time ago and I think the ones GTPVenomZombie mentioned are it. I was told how to get them years ago via rewriting ticket ID’s like I did with the color sample cars, but I sadly don’t remember what their id’s are and what cars you needed to rewrite them.

The IDs for those two Standard cars are "z4_30i_03_std" and "tt_coupe_32_03_std" if looking at the car thumbnail assets serves me correctly. Funnily enough, I had to update the page on The Cutting Room Floor after finding out about this since I used the GT5 Garage Editor as my reference when I initially created the page over two years ago.

Got an answer for ya to try simple using GE...

For the Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) ‘83:
As with my other body code threads follow the same instructions first. Then get in GE the “rally version” and change the body code to 000002C9. If it’s on the disk it should work.

For the BMW Z4 ‘03 Get in GE BMW donor car. Change body code to 00000638.

Note: I haven’t had time to try these out yet but a highly believe they will work. Anyone who gives this a try let us know !

Edit added-Also as mentioned the Audi TT ‘03 body code can be used which is 000003BF.

Last edited:
Would it ever be possible to get the 2009 Nascar's? The ones with the spoilers? I know they’re kinda pointless because we have 2010 & 2011, but just out of interest because I could of sworn they where in the GT5 trailers.

Would it ever be possible to get the 2009 Nascar's? The ones with the spoilers? I know they’re kinda pointless because we have 2010 & 2011, but just out of interest because I could of sworn they where in the GT5 trailers.
No luck there since they are 2009 assets from a demo I believe, the GT5 Demo 2010 probably doesn't include them either.

The IDs for those two Standard cars are "z4_30i_03_std" and "tt_coupe_32_03_std" if looking at the car thumbnail assets serves me correctly.
That seems about right. I do remember "std" being in the name. I don't remember what cars I added that had the same amount of characters as those, but I know some cars can be rewritten to these without issue.
They were featured in the trailer, but I am quite certain they're not in the game, otherwise someone would have found them by now.
Got an answer for ya to try simple using GE...

For the Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) ‘83:
As with my other body code threads follow the same instructions first. Then get in GE the “rally version” and change the body code to 000002C9. If it’s on the disk it should work.

For the BMW Z4 ‘03 Get in GE BMW donor car. Change body code to 00000638.

Note: I haven’t had time to try these out yet but a highly believe they will work. Anyone who gives this a try let us know !

Edit added-Also as mentioned the Audi TT ‘03 body code can be used which is 000003BF.
But it'll still be in the premium tab even though it's a standard after the body change. You're really and truly better off just adding some donor tickets and rewriting them instead.

If you use a donor “standard Nissan” for example and change the body code as mentioned then go to b setting and copy over to a setting it will show as a standard...

Not entirely sure what you mean, but what I meant is if you take a premium version and put the standard body code on it, it'll still be in the premium tab even though it has a standard body.

That is what I’m saying ... simply use for example “ANY standard” Nissan donor car. Change the body code as mentioned. When complete if you simple go to the new cars B setting and copy it over to A and C setting the standard donor car will end up with the correct specs and also end up in the standard car garage... I’ve done it no problem...

On the Nascars try the body codes from the body code thread some time ago posted. If there on the disk they will show up and use the same procedures as I mentioned...

Another thing I meant to mention is when you change the body, all it really is is just the donor car with a body swap and not the real deal. That's why I pretty much detest these tutorials telling you swap parts to get certain cars. That was why I created my own tutorial on how to get those color sample cars since those part swapping tutorials were the only ones out there previously.

Though I am speaking on behalf of 2.11. I think on 2.14 and above, if you change the body code to a car, it will change all of its parts and even it's internal ID to whatever car body you used upon viewing the car in the garage. I ain't tried it in years though.

Sony... I once thought that too, but if you go to the B SETTING it will be the exact specs just as the real deal. Just copy it over to A Setting... no need to change anything or parts etc other than the body... B setting automatically for some reason converts to the actual... try it out... that’s why the DLC replacements lost comes out just fine for example ...

Edit added... oh... just make sure you use a like kind manufacturer car ie Nissan to Nissan and same with standard or premium as donor.

I've never heard tell of the cars other parts changing after a body swap on 2.11. Last I recall, when you change the body, it doesn't alter anything else. (on 2.11 at least) Then again, I never did body swaps much outside of getting dirt and snow tires because I had little reason to.

Yep B setting for some reason when copied over to A corrects to the actual specs... for example go the the DLC replacement thread and do the Jag chrome line per the thread in A setting only... when done update the thumbnail... then look at the changes in A setting versus B... check the specs to the actual and you will see the B setting is corrected to actual... don’t ask me how just happens. The body code somehow converts B setting to actual when the body code is changed in A ... as I said check it out. To see some big changes do the Jag XJR-9 premium as outlined in the DLC replacement thread. When B copies over to A many part codes change but match the actual...

Last edited:
Yep B setting for some reason when copied over to A corrects to the actual specs....
The same also applies for Gran Turismo 6. If you were to apply the body code of, say, the Lunar Roving Vehicle LRV-001 '71 to any of your cars in your Garage, copy the settings to sheet B or C, then go to sheet B or C, copy the specs back from sheet B or C to sheet A, then go to sheet A again, the specs will indeed be the same as the original vehicle, in this case the lunar rover. Since GT5 V2.00+ the game retrieves the specs from the car's body code, since the body code is tied to the actual car code in the database. This is why it works this way; it works in GT5 V2.00+, and directly carries over to GT6.

Since GT5 V2.00+ the game retrieves the specs from the car's body code, since the body code is tied to the actual car code in the database.
Out of curiosity, if I was swap the body to a car on a version below 2.00, would it trick the game into thinking it's that car allowing you to buy whatever parts it has?

In other words, if I swap the X2010's body with the Subaru 360 and get in, would it say I'm a Subaru 360 and allow me to buy dirt and snow tires?

Out of curiosity, if I was swap the body to a car on a version below 2.00, would it trick the game into thinking it's that car allowing you to buy whatever parts it has?

In other words, if I swap the X2010's body with the Subaru 360 and get in, would it say I'm a Subaru 360 and allow me to buy dirt and snow tires?
I don't think tires are a part of the data check. If the car has proper tires, then it will equip them as necessary. Regardless, since V2.00+ however, there are flags that will determine if a car is eligible for participation on courses that require dirt/snow tires. I actually think this started to take effect in V2.12 and later versions; they later refined the code as the versions increased. So even though you've equipped the proper tires on a car, such as dirt or snow tires (even if you can't buy them and install them in-game), the game won't let you use that car on dirt or snow courses because the flag is inactive.

Car data is read differently on game versions. For example, if you were to tune a Lotus Elise 111R on V2.00+, then go back to a prior version below V2.00, the exhaust sound disappears because the database from prior versions of the game doesn't contain the value that V2.00 has the car's exhaust data registered as. You could buy tires on a prior version as you described, then update to V2.00+, but the game still won't let you on dirt and snow courses simply because of the whole car code/body code/off-road flag check. The same applies for GT6 as well.

You lost me with those first two sentences.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you’re saying now.
So even though you've equipped the proper tires on a car, such as dirt or snow tires (even if you can't buy them and install them in-game), the game won't let you use that car on dirt or snow courses because the flag is inactive.
You could buy tires on a prior version as you described, then update to V2.00+, but the game still won't let you on dirt and snow courses simply because of the whole car code/body code/off-road flag check. The same applies for GT6 as well.
Well, on 2.11 I did equip dirt and snow tires on MANY cars that couldn't normally use them and when I updated to 2.17 it still let me race on dirt or snow without issue. I think when you go to select a dirt or snow track, it only checks if you have the tires needed for the course.

Though the racing karts are a slightly different story for some reason. You might remember me saying this on Discord, but if you're in a kart and try to go on a dirt or snow track in practice mode, it won't let you in even if you have the tires. It will everywhere else in the game though. Only when I disabled the flag that prevented me from using karts on tracks with weather change did it finally let me.

Last edited:
...if I'm being honest I can't exactly remember all of GT5's specifics. I'm more knowledgeable on GT6 than I am with GT5. Lots of things got simplified in GT6 in terms of engine specifics and game mechanics. The more I know, I guess. :D

Last time I tried applying dirt/snow tires to a car it didn't work as intended. I think there's another GT5 garage editor, simply titled GT5 Editor, that has a button which unlocks all tires for your current car you're using. That's how I used to get whatever car I wanted to have dirt/snow tires off-road...at least, that's how I did it many years ago.

Yes, someone named LucaTirelli on NGU made that tool called GT5 Editor and it had a function called "Enable All Tires" and while it does give you all of them, including dirt and snow tires and even the unused tires, you still cannot race on dirt or snow tracks even though it may say you have them. Doesn't matter if the car originally supported them or not, it won't let you race there no matter what. :indiff:

Oddly it's not just Luca's editor that is like this, I discovered just recently that GE for whatever reason will equip your car with all tires just by clicking on the tune sheet. Doesn't matter if you do anything there or not, you open it, then close it and it will do this. The result is exactly the same as what I said above.

Pretty much, if you want to race on dirt or snow with cars that normally can't, the best thing you can do is swap the body, buy the tires and switch it back. Don't use the "Enable All Tires" function or click the tune sheet on GE until you've bought them. I still am not really sure why it doesn't let you after using that "Enable All Tires" feature, I never could figure that out. I'm not sure why GE gives you all the tires simply by viewing the tune sheet either.

Last edited:
Back