The GT5 Garage Editor Thread.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 676 comments
That's the plan.
Though that would be awesome, I am not sure how or if that could be done.
No need. If you're referring to the hidden LAN mode, I already know about it, in fact I have even done a few myself with a fellow GTP member.
It's kind of a long process that would require a fair bit of explaining. However, the guy making this new save editor is looking to include the ability the edit the cars you have saved in the secret menu, making it far easier and quicker than using Bruteforce.
that would be awesome without any doubt, in the meanwhile i think i'll install hfw 4.86 on ps3 and then try to mod some cars in gt6 swapping with vgt sounds

Is it possible to increase individual driver levels for you B-spec Bobs using Garage Editor? Also, is it possible to boost the Air of Experience trophy (max career stat for one Bob)?

If I recall correctly in "arcade" mode only if you use and have in your "favorites" the Jaguar XJR-9 LM )and maybe some others) with "GE" equipped dirt tires it is able to do the dirt tracks. If someone checks it out please report back to us as I am not totally sure on this recall ?
is there ge for mac aswell? i really want to race on route x

Just seeking clarification, and please excuse my ignorance, but if I’m only interested in adding credits and cars I’m fine using update 2.17 with GE 1.3.1, correct?

I’ve read just about this whole thread and I think my assumption is correct, but the more I read, the more confused I get.
“I’m not a smart man, Jennay.”
Apologies and thanks.

Correct on the GE version, but if you intend to use GE then GT5 2.17 would be a “wrong” choice, so you only want to load GT5 to the 2.11 version for best results. Especially if you intend to hybrid or use the DLC replacement thread I authored.

Last edited:
Correct on the GE version, but if you intend to use GE then GT6 2.17 would be a “wrong” choice, so you only want to load GT6 to the 2.11 version for best results. Especially if you intend to hybrid or use the DLC replacement thread I authored.
You mean GT5 v. 2.11, right?
I do NOT intend to hybrid. I just want to add credits to my bankroll and give myself cars via tickets. You’re saying I’ll run into issues doing just those two things if I use GT5 v. 2.17 (the final version?)
Thanks for responding. I really appreciate your help.

Guess I’ve been playing to much GT6 lately ... yes GT5 and I edit corrected. Anyway, again use GT5 version 2.11 to avoid problems and issues when using GE.

I don’t recall having any issues adding cars and credits on 2.17, but others have reported it won’t even load a save from 2.17. I would test it, but I’m not anywhere near my console right now.

Actually, and just a guess I my part, that you already loaded to 2.17 and want me to acknowledge that it is a good to go combo with GE... no can do, so if that is the case, simply save your current game, delete GT5, then reload GT5 through 2.11. Your game save progress should not be affected or lost.

Actually, and just a guess I my part, that you already loaded to 2.17 and want me to acknowledge that it is a good to go combo with GE... no can do,
I wasn’t asking you to do anything. :odd: Rather I was acknowledging that some have had issues before, others have not and that I haven’t double checked yet.

Thank you both for your replies.

Sony, I think 2_FAST was replying to my response to his reply to me and not being snarky toward you.

I think I’ll give it a whirl on v. 2.17 and see how it shakes out (with backup copies in reserve, of course, in case it doesn’t go according to plan.)
If it doesn’t work out, then I’ll revert back to 2.11.

Thanks, guys! 👍

Jamcg-You are 100 percent correct ! I did NOT reply or remotely direct my post toward Sonygamer455. Oh well...

Last edited:
Just seeking clarification, and please excuse my ignorance, but if I’m only interested in adding credits and cars I’m fine using update 2.17 with GE 1.3.1, correct?

I’ve read just about this whole thread and I think my assumption is correct, but the more I read, the more confused I get.
“I’m not a smart man, Jennay.”
Apologies and thanks.
Being on 2.17 is fine if you are only interested in adding credits and cars with GE 1.3.1 👍.

So I am attempting to do the DLC replacement thing, just reinstalled my game an all that, fresh save on V 2.11 wondering if anyone can talk me through this, I got garage editor here but its not super straight forward

So I am attempting to do the DLC replacement thing, just reinstalled my game an all that, fresh save on V 2.11 wondering if anyone can talk me through this, I got garage editor here but its not super straight forward
I personally wouldn't follow that tutorial anymore. Theirs actually a new means of obtaining the DLC I learned of just today and it's way faster and easier than what's currently on GTP. I will have a new tutorial up pretty soon showing how to do this. I recommend waiting until then, trust me, it's worth it.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't follow that tutorial anymore. Theirs actually a new means of obtaining the DLC I learned of just today and it's way faster and easier than what's currently on GTP. I will have a new tutorial up pretty soon showing how to do this. I recommend waiting until then, trust me, it's worth it.
Try and shoot me a PM if you think of it :)

Try and shoot me a PM if you think of it :)
No need, now that I am a little less busy and got some kinks fixed, I'll have the tutorial up for this pretty soon for everyone to see. Let's just say installing the DLC has never been easier!

No need, now that I am a little less busy and got some kinks fixed, I'll have the tutorial up for this pretty soon for everyone to see. Let's just say installing the DLC has never been easier!
I just mean when you got the thread up so I know to check lol, Will it work on CFW? thats my issue I think im on CFW and I am sketched tf out connecting the system to the internet and yeah that "login" part was a roadblock for me.

Will it work on CFW?
It will work on both CFW and OFW. For the record, I am on CFW and it's worked just fine for me.
thats my issue I think im on CFW and I am sketched tf out connecting the system to the internet and yeah that "login" part was a roadblock for me.
Trust me, I know how you feel. As someone who has been on CFW for years now, that's a lingering fear I have as well and I wouldn't touch PSN with a 50ft pole if you paid me.

Fortunately, with this method you don't have to connect to PSN to install them at all. It's literally just a matter of loading your save into the editor, clicking a few things, saving and then copying it back to your PS3. It's that easy, no joke!

Last edited:
thats my issue I think im on CFW and I am sketched tf out connecting the system to the internet
I didn’t think to mention this until after I posted, but being connected to the internet with a CFW console won’t get you banned from PSN, logging into PSN with it without any protection on the other hand can certainly get you banned though. Granted even with protection it can still happen.

Also, my tutorial is up by the way. ;)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...et-all-the-dlc-in-gt5-new-method-2020.395417/

I didn’t think to mention this until after I posted, but being connected to the internet with a CFW console won’t get you banned from PSN, logging into PSN with it without any protection on the other hand can certainly get you banned though. Granted even with protection it can still happen.

PSN ID ban, or a full-on console ban?

Also, my tutorial is up by the way. ;)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...et-all-the-dlc-in-gt5-new-method-2020.395417/
I should have said PSN lol, it is connected to the internet for FTP and game updates but yeah thats it, I dont even have the system remember my login details, but thanks I will give it a look tomorrow!

VBR
:ill: *thinks twice*

Doesn't CFW spoof PSN so that you can connect without being detected? I've not used it before...
While I haven't had mine on PSN other then to briefly verify my system for PSN games since I did things backwards. I can tell you based on my reading the conscientious is that a ban isnt a matter of "if" but "when" it happens to you if you connect to PSN.

Back