The GT5 Matrix - Complete Guide with Credits/XP Spec 2 ver 3.5

• Thread starter garbuckle
  • 467 comments
Lexus is an anomaly. I don't know what PD was thinking with that brand. They should just make it one origin and be done with it. I'll change it for next time, but I'm sure by then they'll be deemed Jamaican or some such thing :D lol

If they can do this split nationality thing with Lexus, I wish they'd do it with Mini - there's just something fundamentally wrong with not being able to race the '98 Mini (at least) in the events for British cars! (The current Mini's I can grudgingly understand being registered as German.)

Hey Garbuckle!

Would it be possible to update the Google Docs version of the Matrix?

I can't get the latest one :P

Thanks, and keep it up! I simply LOVE this Matrix!

If they can do this split nationality thing with Lexus, I wish they'd do it with Mini - there's just something fundamentally wrong with not being able to race the '98 Mini (at least) in the events for British cars! (The current Mini's I can grudgingly understand being registered as German.)

Just imagine Rolls-Royce was in GT5! :)

Sharing is caring.
This is SO awesome.
So many answers you don't have to put on the forums, just 2 mins with the Matrix and you are done.

Sharing is caring.
This is SO awesome.
So many answers you don't have to put on the forums, just 2 mins with the Matrix and you are done.

Yuuup! But so many people don't even take a look at this fantastic project!

I simply love it!

A simple way to keep track of your garage, museum cards, paints, horns, etc.

Also, like you said, it answers LOTS of question that aren't thread worthy. (a.k.a. A-Spec XP Grinding...)

I can't wait for the next update (new season XP/min + new cars :D)

Keep up the godd work Garbuckle! 👍

yeah, yeah...

We'll see how far I can get. My racing controller broke, and so I went out in the pouring rain to get a new one, only to be confronted by moron employees at EB Games, who a) didn't know a thing about what they sell, and b) who were too lazy to check to see what I wanted was in stock (of course, the online site said they had them in stock). Sometime you just can't reason with stupidity.

Sorry... rant over.

Suffice it to say, I am stuck working with a 3rd party wireless controller until I can get a new one.

Oh... looks like there's some new content... downloading a 225MB update now.

Maybe I will have more than just seasonals to update

Edit: 6 new DLC cars and some new seasonals is all she wrote

Last edited:
This is just weird... for some reason, PD has made a premium version of the Jaguar XJR-LM Race Car '88, and included it in the DLC pack. Now there are two versions...

Thanks for the hard work

You may want to incorporate sortable tables. Would make things much easier to work with for those who have Excel 2007 or newer.

Thanks for the hard work

You may want to incorporate sortable tables. Would make things much easier to work with for those who have Excel 2007 or newer.

I don't use Excel 2007 or newer, and my car list is sortable (click on the "cars" name to select the list, then you can sort by any heading)

Thanks for the hard work

I'm using Excel 2010, and it's pretty easy to use with this file. I don't know what you are talking about, seriously...

And yes, it's all sortable, of course.

I'm using Excel 2010, and it's pretty easy to use with this file. I don't know what you are talking about, seriously...

And yes, it's all sortable, of course.

I think he meant Pivot Tables. Instead of sorting an entire column, you can sort and show just the Fords, for example, and it hides the rest of the list. I agree that it's not mandatory, but I've always found Pivot Tables helpful as well. 👍

The bummer part is that garbuckle just finishes making a nice new update and they go and close the B-Spec Money Machine at 10PM last night. :(

Thanks for all of your hard work, garbuckle! This is a very handy Matrix and I refer to it often. 👍

Yeah, I won't be adding pivot tables. I think it's more complication/effort than it's worth.

I'm sure there will be another good money machine shortly. They're bound to make another B-spec seasonal.

I don't use Excel 2007 or newer, and my car list is sortable (click on the "cars" name to select the list, then you can sort by any heading)
Fair enough. I realize it's sortable, I worded my original post terribly. What I meant was sortable with custom filters. For example, filtering so it only shows cars from 451-500 pp, then sort by horsepower, which would be useful for tracks with long straights. The way it currently is, on my computer using Excel 2010 at least, is you can filter by a single value, which works fine for country, but not so much on the number-oriented columns.

I was using it primarily for the Credit/Minute column and I don't have the necessary levels for some events, so I wanted to filter out races that required levels I didn't have, then sort by Credit/Min. I did it myself (highlighted row 2, column A to row 189, column W, selected create tables, checked table uses headers, and then it was simply a matter of using ctrl+d to duplicate data into the empty cells for series, level, event name, and opponent hp and fixing the column headings.), but I figured others may not know how to do something like that themselves, so I simply wished to make a suggestion that I felt may benefit others.

It just offers more flexibility for the user, but obviously, if you don't have Excel 2007 or newer, it's not going to happen (from what I remember at least, it's been 5 years since I used Office XP :P). No worries.

Last edited:
Hi Garbuckle...

Thx for the continued updating of this work.. Really appreciated!!

Am just updating my car-inventory, but stumbles upon car-ID 545.. (Mercedes-Benz CLK.. Race Car '98)
You have it listed as 'CLK-GTR' with stock HP at 610. But ingame it is named 'CLK-LM' with 785 HP.
It IS the same car, right? Car-description make a note of CLK-LM as an evolvement of the CLK-GTR...

Hi Garbuckle...

Thx for the continued updating of this work.. Really appreciated!!

Am just updating my car-inventory, but stumbles upon car-ID 545.. (Mercedes-Benz CLK.. Race Car '98)
You have it listed as 'CLK-GTR' with stock HP at 610. But ingame it is named 'CLK-LM' with 785 HP.
It IS the same car, right? Car-description make a note of CLK-LM as an evolvement of the CLK-GTR...

Yeah, I think that car name is screwed up by PD... it has 2 different names depending where you look at it. It is the same car. I can't remember where I got the stock HP. You have 785, but mygranturismo has 824. I suppose I'll change it to match MGT...

Back