The GT6 Colour Matching Thread

• Thread starter Bo
  • 1,233 comments
faf8d66e-a188-4028-96de-0ffadb243c88_zpscc5f14aa.jpg
Can anyone match Spirit Blue on the current Ford Fiesta ST, above on the left ;) please? i own this model and colour in real life and want to use it in game. Unfortunately the game doesn't have the car (yet). It looks blue sometimes and then has a subtle tinge of purple from some angles or in differing light (see below).
maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a tough one, I can't think of it off the top of my head. I think a color similar to that is in GT6.

The only one I can think of is that is a close match a Ferrari color, I'll get back to you on that one.

Actually own a Fiesta ST? I love that little car, I want one! :)👍

EDIT: @JohnScoonsBeard I think I found a decent match, Blue Pearlescent, from a TVR Tamora. If not, I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
It's not that I hesitate on buying the pricier cars, I just think that buying a car of that price just to harvest a color is a little redundant. Especially if you are someone who is just starting out (I'm not, but thats my point).
Believe me I understand completely. I'll get on again later and see if I can find another one near that but from a much less expensive car.

@JohnScoonsBeard I'm colourblind, so this one comes without any guarantees: there are some indigo paint chips, one of those might work? One indigo can be obtained from Jaguar, but I also saw another one the other day although I can't remember where...

I know I have a bunch of whites at the top of my Metallics list, I'll have to check for names when I get back on.

The Toyota Aqua S color to match that Lamborghini is Cool Soda Metallic but if youd like a fun car along with the paint you should try a Pathfinder Blue TVR. The last paint option for the Jaguar XKR-S is Crystal Blue and is far too muted and pearlescent to match.
I was mistaken when I said I had numerous metallic whites (confused pearl for metallic). The only one I have is Suzukagrau Metallic whose name implies a gray while it's definitely white, but it comes from the 1,650,000 Audi R8 LMS '09. The chip isn't gifted with an R8 road car.
Sepang Bronze, suggested for the wheels of that sexy 911 GT3 RS, comes from the Z4 M but is much darker. Try Olivin Metallic from the Z4 roadster or Oro from the Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Coupe.
Best of luck with your matches.

Thats a tough one, I can't think of it off the top of my head. I think a color similar to that is in GT6.

The only one I can think of is that is a close match a Ferrari color, I'll get back to you on that one.

Actually own a Fiesta ST? I love that little car, I want one! :)👍

EDIT: @JohnScoonsBeard I think I found a decent match, Blue Pearlescent, from a TVR Tamora. If not, I'll keep looking.

@JohnScoonsBeard I'm colourblind, so this one comes without any guarantees: there are some indigo paint chips, one of those might work? One indigo can be obtained from Jaguar, but I also saw another one the other day although I can't remember where...

Thanks both of you
I found a Pacific blue in the Jaguar dealership and the TVR Blue Pearlescent. They are both shown below on a Focus ST. TVR Blue Pearlescent on left, Jag pacific blue on right. Both very good. However when it is overcast (25% weather and 50% weather shots at bottom) in GT6 the colours are far too dark. It shows that the in game light and colour rendering is wrong in overcast conditions.

Photo

faf8d66e-a188-4028-96de-0ffadb243c88_zpscc5f14aa.jpg

Gt6
12588647014_8fdc6a2521.jpg

Photo
maxresdefault.jpg

GT6
12588647034_74bf64f365.jpg

Overcast
12588647534_59e72c185f.jpg

12588647514_ba43ee631a.jpg

Thanks again.

For golds, try Volvo 240 "Beige", Ferrari 512BB "Gold Poly", Corvette Stingray Convertible '69 "Riverside Gold", Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z '79 "Gold Metallic", and Mercedes C63 AMG "Sanidinbeige Metallic". I'm sure there's lots more out there, but of course I haven't tried everything.

Lexus LFA has a lot of nice pastel colors. None are quite the same as the GT PASTELONE shades, but there's some good ones. "Celeste" from the Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 is my favourite pastel blue.
The beige color from the Bellet GT-R Isuzu works as well.

for me, trying to make my car how I want it in real life
anyone know a good 'matte metallic blue'? would it need to be something that's won? I have a matt blue but its more of a navy blue, and I want it more
10047978455_c9c09a3817.jpg

like this
The 15th anniversary paint chips have one called 'GT6 Matte 009', and it looks identical to that.

Sepang Bronze from the aforementioned Z4 M Coupe immediately comes to mind. Though now that you've removed the image of the first [metallic] car, your only option may be Marrone Apus in only certain light conditions as I don't know of any other matte browns and the Aventador color is very dark.

Last edited:
how abouts the "Vapor Silver" on a 2008 Ford Fusion?

Note: the car had a somewhat tan/gold undertone in direct sunlight, very faint.

Also another request, "Calypso Coral" 1970 Mustang:

Also if anyone is interested, the "sonic blue" for the 2003 Lightning is way off. The "Blue Pearlescent" from TVR is a pretty good match:

GT6:

Real:

Note: the purplish tone.

For the Vapor Silver try Symphonic Silver Metallic from Mitsubishi, found on FTO and GTO models where Hamilton Silver isn't an option. Sunlight Silver Metallic from the Miata (NC) could work too.

I look for a wheel paint which looks like the nismo wheels from the nismo r34 r-tune and a colour which looks similar to the calsonic blue

I look for a wheel paint which looks like the nismo wheels from the nismo r34 r-tune and a colour which looks similar to the calsonic blue
Cinnamon Frost from the only car in the Mercury dealership is the best I can find for the Nismo wheels. The Calsonic blue is an issue because the only two cars with the Calsonic nomenclature that share a blue are the R89C and R92CP race cars, but a medium blue from a '90s-'00s Nissan is probably a good bet...or win the Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 if you haven't already and choose Rising Blue Metallic.

Cinnamon Frost from the only car in the Mercury dealership is the best I can find for the Nismo wheels. The Calsonic blue is an issue because the only two cars with the Calsonic nomenclature that share a blue are the R89C and R92CP race cars, but a medium blue from a '90s-'00s Nissan is probably a good bet...or win the Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 if you haven't already and choose Rising Blue Metallic.

For the Calsonic blue you could get the R33 GTR LM edition, that's surely close? No idea if it gives you the chip. That's of course if it's meant to be like the R32 Calsonic GTR also available in the dealership, rather than the slightly darker blues used on those cars you mentioned.

Rising Blue is metallic, whereas the Calsonic blue is solid, also.

Thanks for the tip on Cinnamon Frost; that'll be my third Cougar bought just for the colour. :D

R33 LM's Champion Blue? is a very good shout for Calsonic Griff, does give you chip also.

Thanks, but having looked again, I think it's too pale and slightly too far towards green (in terms of hue). It's a nice colour in itself, though, and now I have the chip. :)

EDIT: Monaco Blue from a Wagon R RR is close, and it's solid - almost exactly like the '08 IMPUL GTR (all the Calsonic cars are slightly different colours).
The base colour of Toyota's Blue Mica Metallic (regular Blue Mica is too dark), found on Supras, Soarers and Celicas, is also close, but the pearl is inaccurate...
Morning Blue on the Oullim Spirra is close to the R92CP etc.
Mariner Blue from the Premium NA MX5 is close to the R32.

S'probably enough to go on.

Last edited:
For the Vapor Silver try Symphonic Silver Metallic from Mitsubishi, found on FTO and GTO models where Hamilton Silver isn't an option. Sunlight Silver Metallic from the Miata (NC) could work too.
Symphonic Silver did it. Thanks!

Blue Mica Metallic is awful flashy.

It's OK if it's overcast (in the game) :sly:

But that's what I meant about the pearl part being inaccurate. There are lots of colours to go at, I barely scratched the surface before getting bored. And I only did it out of a sense of service for having dissed Rising Blue. :P

EDIT:
Also, Cinnamon Frost is so very close in hue, but really too bright for those NISMO wheels. Any other suggestions? I'll keep looking myself, because my R32 needs it...

Back