The GT6 Save Editor Thread

Maybe? Tell you the truth I don’t even know about the trophies simply because I never paid much attention to them. You shouldn’t have to enter in the races, just opening the page for it should suffice.
Ok thanks for the reply. So my stats say I have all the stars, however the tropheys for the 200 and 300 stars haven’t been awarded, weird right? Everything else is awarded or achieved by me. So any thoughts on unlocking those final two trophies would be very helpful please? As I don’t know how the game would recognise them with apparently all stars achieved. Thanks.

I never paid much attention to trophies nor do I play GT6 much, so I can't say I have an answer for that. 🤷
Ok well thanks for your comments and help aside from that, really appreciate all the help in past posts. If you do happen to to find out, please do pass on the info. Cheers.

hello, i have a problem with this editor. every time im trying to open my save game i got this error. pls help me
I apologize for the delay, but I spoke with the creator and he's saying you're missing a dll file, namely netstandard.dll. This is a new problem and one I have never encountered so I don't know how much help I can be here, but I imagine that installing .NET Framework 4.7.2 might fix it. I would try that.

Thank you for providing details on the error though, this really helps!

Last edited:
i try the save editor but failed ingame says save data corrupt i'm just changing money only i use PS3 CFW, btw game version 1.22 i already backup original save game

RKK
i try the save editor but failed ingame says save data corrupt i'm just changing money only i use PS3 CFW, btw game version 1.22 i already backup original save game
Hello , What is your GT6 version ? from the comparing, you can see the version in my PS3 is more files there.
gt6-Capture.PNG

If that is the case, you may upgrade your GT6 by patching and try again.

Update: add spoiler.

Last edited:
RKK
Sorry to hear that and sorry for the delay. I’m glad you made a back up though. Can you upload the save before and after it was corrupted?

The creator has told me in the past it’s what he needs to identify the problem. Hopefully this can finally get sorted.
Hello , What is your GT6 version ?
He already said it in the post.
RKK
btw game version 1.22

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that and sorry for the delay. I’m glad you made a back up though. Can you upload the save before and after it was corrupted?

The creator has told me in the past it’s what he needs to identify the problem. Hopefully this can finally get sorted.
He already said it in the post.
its ok, i only have current save game which i use now that i progress and already delete the corrupt save game, first try edit the save game was corrupted outside the game so the console says that save game is corrupted second attempt is readable by console display normally but when load ingame inside it says couldnt load save game corrupt

RKK
its ok, i only have current save game which i use now that i progress and already delete the corrupt save game, first try edit the save game was corrupted outside the game so the console says that save game is corrupted second attempt is readable by console display normally but when load ingame inside it says couldnt load save game corrupt
I'm sorry, could you explain it a little bit more? I am not sure I understand what you're saying.

I'm sorry, could you explain it a little bit more? I am not sure I understand what you're saying.
so heres the explanation my first attempt to edit the save game it doesnt work save game corrupted says console and second attempt to edit save game it did recognise and copying it without any problem it shows last credit and what car i use last time, but inside the game it says save game corrupt so i decide to delete the corrupt one and just carry on with the original save game, maybe i may do it again as for you just said upload my corrupt save game here for searching whats the problem

sorry my english is bad

Last edited:
RKK
so heres the explanation my first attempt to edit the save game it doesnt work save game corrupted says console and second attempt to edit save game it did recognise and copying it without any problem it shows last credit and what car i use last time, but inside the game it says save game corrupt so i decide to delete the corrupt one and just carry on with the original save game,
Okay, I see what you mean now.
RKK
maybe i may do it again as for you just said upload my corrupt save game here for searching whats the problem
Please do. Seeing how you and Doomotron had this issue, I imagine other people will as well, but hopefully, now it can be figured out. In order for this to happen though, I'll need both the save from before and after it's corrupted in order for it to be figured out.
RKK
sorry my english is bad
It's okay, I understand.

Last edited:
Okay, I see what you mean now.

Please do. Seeing how you and Doomotron had this issue, I imagine other people will as well, but hopefully, now it can be figured out. In order for this to happen though, I'll need both the save from before and after it's corrupted in order for it to be figured out.

It's okay, I understand.
ohh dude it just work right now i just do the same thing and it work

ouh and btw whats the max amount of money is it 50 mil?

Last edited:
RKK
ohh dude it just work right now i just do the same thing and it work
Interesting. If you can, try to get it to corrupt your save again by doing the same thing and then upload it here along with the backup. And Doomotron, I recall you also had an issue with the editor corrupting your saves. Can you also try to upload a save from before and after it was corrupted?

The editor seems to be very hit or miss on when it works and that's an issue I hope can be resolved.
RKK
ouh and btw whats the max amount of money is it 50 mil?
Honestly, I don't know.

Last edited:
Okay, I edited my save. Here are the changes I tried to make:
  • Golding all Red Bull, Ayrton Senna, Moon, Sierra and Goodwood missions.
  • Setting money to 45,070,921Cr
  • Changed first name to my real first name
  • Added cars:
  • Lunar Rover
  • All 15th Anniversary cars
  • BMW M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic
  • VW Scirocco GT24 Base Model
When looking at the car list in the app after adding all of the cars there are empty spots but not details given. I am not sure if this is intentional behaviour. On another note, how can I set licenses to gold? I couldn't find the option.

I am on Windows 11 and I am running the app in administrator mode. I was fully expecting to sit here and explain why I think it may have corrupted, but amazingly it actually worked! There were some issues though:
  • The 15th Anniversary cars appeared in my garage but had a DLC flag icon. This is the first time I've ever seen this and may be worth putting on the GT Wiki or TCRF page for GT6 because it may well have only been made possible with the save editor. Anyway, the 15th Anniversary Cars need the DLC and as I didn't have it the game threw an error at me when selecting them. The GT5 Garage Editor of the old days didn't show cars you didn't have DLC rights for and that might be useful here, or alternatively it would be nice if someone could figure out how to break through the barrier like in GT5. Annoyingly the 15th Anniversary cars couldn't be selected at all so I couldn't delete them, only moving them to the stockyard (one of GT6's weirder features) using the check box tool. However, they are now out of mind and I can get them back easily once the DLC has been figured out.
  • The other cars I got worked fine, even the weird ones like the M4 and LRV. I did not check the GT Academy cars but I expect they'd work too. However, the cars didn't come with thumbnails. This isn't a complaint though as GT6 stores the thumbnails in the game data and as the save editor can't access that it couldn't add them. Of course, it was easy to just regenerate them in-game, so no worries.
  • The Goodwood and Sierra car unlocks worked fine. The ones for the Ayrton Senna events did not and I don't know why, so I had to buy my kart and 97T using the completely legitimate 45 million I had lying around. Additionally the trophies didn't seem to work for the Senna events but that may be because of the PS3 not synchronising automatically (I'm looking on the app).
  • The game doesn't give money for golded events.
  • I did not check the first name change.
  • I could not repaint the LRV-001 into Midnight Purple III. :grumpy:

When looking at the car list in the app after adding all of the cars there are empty spots but not details given.
I am not sure I understand, can you post a screenshot?
On another note, how can I set licenses to gold? I couldn't find the option.
I can't recall if that's an option or not.
I am on Windows 11 and I am running the app in administrator mode. I was fully expecting to sit here and explain why I think it may have corrupted, but amazingly it actually worked!
That's good to hear, however like I said earlier, it seems to be hit or miss on when it corrupts saves and I am really hoping you can trigger the corruption you had earlier again so it could be analyzed.
The 15th Anniversary cars appeared in my garage but had a DLC flag icon. This is the first time I've ever seen this and may be worth putting on the GT Wiki or TCRF page for GT6 because it may well have only been made possible with the save editor. Anyway, the 15th Anniversary Cars need the DLC and as I didn't have it the game threw an error at me when selecting them.
Yea the DLC cars don't currently work, but I have raised this with the creator and I hope one day it will be possible to enable them via save editing.
The GT5 Garage Editor of the old days didn't show cars you didn't have DLC rights for and that might be useful here
If you're referring to GE 1.3.1, it doesn't have any DLC in it because the creators chose to deliberately leave it out of the editor. I've talked with one of them quite a few times and I was told they didn't want to make getting the DLC cars easy, that's why none of them are available.

And yes I know you can view them in the editor if they're in you're garage, but that's just because it's made to read existing data in the save like this. This is also why even the Polyphony Digital X1 (fan) is viewable here despite not existing in the game previously.
However, the cars didn't come with thumbnails.
That's pretty normal, but as you said, they can be regenerated.
The Goodwood and Sierra car unlocks worked fine. The ones for the Ayrton Senna events did not and I don't know why
What do you mean?
I did not check the first name change.
What do you mean on this too?
I could not repaint the LRV-001 into Midnight Purple III. :grumpy:
That's likely an issue with the model, not all cars are paintable via save editing.

I don't have a photo of the empty list, but effectively the way it appeared were the numbers 100-115 (for example) where are car in the garage would be, but no information was given. As this only happens to cars I added in the editor and not the cars I already had, this will likely not be an issue if I look at the save again after saving in-game and therefore rewriting the data.

I'll try and get a corrupt save but no guarantees. It could have something to do with admin permissions but I can't remember if I was in admin mode last time.

With the Ayrton Senna events they give a car for getting silver or better in each event in a chapter. Setting it to gold, I got no cars, either by going into the menu or into the event itself.

I changed my in-game name. I did not check if it worked.

And as for the LRV, it was a joke. :lol:

Interesting. If you can, try to get it to corrupt your save again by doing the same thing and then upload it here along with the backup. And Doomotron, I recall you also had an issue with the editor corrupting your saves. Can you also try to upload a save from before and after it was corrupted?

The editor seems to be very hit or miss on when it works and that's an issue I hope can be resolved.

Honestly, I don't know.
so what did was i have to progress through game a bit after the corrupted attempt using backup save game and do the edit again and done

RKK
so what did was i have to progress through game a bit after the corrupted attempt using backup save game and do the edit again and done
Are you saying that's what you did to corrupt your save again or to get it working as it should? :confused:

Hi for all GT6 users!
First I would like to thanks for this tool! Today I just made a try with this save game editor, and for me it's working in a half.
Money is appears in my account, but any car modifications are not. Paint colors are useable, anniversary cars can not.
So what is the rule for saving the game file after modded it. Or just save and exit... I don't know what I did wrong.
Thanks, and cheers!

Last edited:
Hi for all GT6 users!
First I would like to thanks for this tool! Today I just made a try with this save game editor, and for me it's working in a half.
Money is appears in my account, but any car modifications are not. Paint colors are useable, anniversary cars can not.
So what is the rule for saving the game file after modded it. Or just save and exit... I don't know what I did wrong.
Thanks, and cheers!
Glad it's working for you! Regarding modding cars, you did nothing wrong, assuming you're on the later updates, they released a patch to prevent these kinds of car modifications from being made, though I don't know what update it was they did this.

Last edited:
Quick question regarding paint chips; I want to add all of the Gran Turismo paint colours to my collection since the seasonal events have been shut down, but how do I do this? I know it is possible to repaint cars into any colour using the save editor (does this work for all cars, such as race cars?) but is there a way to just add the paint chip to my inventory?

Glad it's working for you! Regarding modding cars, you did nothing wrong, assuming you're on the later updates, they released a patch to prevent these kinds of car modifications from being made, though I don't know what update it was they
Quick question regarding paint chips; I want to add all of the Gran Turismo paint colours to my collection since the seasonal events have been shut down, but how do I do this? I know it is possible to repaint cars into any colour using the save editor (does this work for all cars, such as race cars?) but is there a way to just add the paint chip to my inventory?

Attachments

• 20221104_195652.jpg
    20221104_195652.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 72
Not sure what you're getting at with that picture, but if you're looking to paint unpaintable cars (which is what it seems like to me) I am pretty sure you can by changing the cars paint code in the editor, which was never patched to my knowledge.
I can't remember, I haven't used this editor in a while and never used it much in general.

Regarding cars being paintable, all cars can be painted via the editor, but not all actually show up as such.

Last edited:
but not all actually show up as such.
Do you mean that the colour will be changed but the colour the car actually is in-game doesn't? If so that could be full-body decals but I might do some experimentation to see what happens with different cars.

Do you mean that the colour will be changed but the colour the car actually is in-game doesn't?
Pretty much. I haven’t done this much at all in GT6, but if it’s like GT5, it’s hit or miss as to what unpaintable cars actually show up as painted.

Only one I can recall in GT6 at the moment is the FGT, but I am sure theirs more.

Last edited:
Wow, that's odd.

Not yet. The ability to add the tickets is there, but it requires activation. I have talked to the creator about this though and he might be able to include DLC activation as he did with his GT5 editor, but I cannot guarantee it will happen.

Pretty sure it can, I think I did it years ago without issue.

So that’s why I get the exclamation mark in the orange circle by the car name or the car name that’s just numbers with no graphics?… lol A work-in-progress… lol

Back