The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #35 (Sponsored by Fiction) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 83 comments
Just prepping my livery for this, but wanted to check if parody brands are a valid fictional sponsor... like Dead Bull instead of Red Bull, etc.

And can the number board be a genuine real world example. such as FIA WEC or Fanatec GTWS one with relevant class notations??

Parody brands are okay but as mentioned before, if all you are effectively doing is changing a word on a real-world livery it doesn't really fit the 'original' concept of the theme.

As for number boards, I think world ones are fine - it's the sponsors of the car that are fictional, not the series it races in.

After some reflexion I decided to keep my GTA themed first idea for later.

I was about to start something on the Alpine VGT when the new online time trial started last Thursday and it became very clear : I had to buy the Lambo V12 VGT and put some Wipeout vibes on it!

As I already did Feisar, Icaras and Qirex liveries on different models before I decided to go for Auricom this time.

The car isn't an easy one to draw something on it but I'm pretty happy with it and I think I found a way to respect the sort of asymmetrical design of the Auricom livery we can find in Wipeout HD Fury for example.

Hope you like it as I do, and I'm going for some other teams in the next days, if anyone has a request, I'd be happy to do it. :)

Good luck everyone! ✌️

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytrace

Made a livery for the mystical Italian Unicorno. Had a ton of made up sponsors but maybe all were not so good to have a spot on the car. Had the 76th year theme as the main sponsor. There were also not champion but 2nd, olio, bimbo brakes, stallion exhaust, presa tires, falco alloy wheels. For some reason the livery made the game crash in the end, so i was not able to make it any better but i like it as is.

Amazed to see the livery comp continues!! It's been so long since i've been around and nice to see the standard is still high
@D-Max I would love to see you entering once again. You were one if the "VIPs" when the livery comps started in 2018.
My entry (and maybe some other) is still under construction. Actually it takes a while to research and create sponsor decals the world never has seen before in this connection. A stunning theme, indeed.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
House Martell Bugatti VGT

- PS4 Base-

Fictional sponsors I found while researching TV series such as Game of Thrones.
Since everyone should have heard about House Stark or Lannister, I found the Martells more exciting:
House Nymeros Martell of Sunspear, usually simply called House Martell, is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms and the ruling house of Dorne.

My design has the “Sunspear Emblem” as main sponsor, accompanied by several character names, all members of the Martells.
I chose the Bugatti VGT Gr.1 as a canvas for my design because of it’s martial and exotic approach.

edit:
Incidentally there is actually a real-world brand "Martell". However it is a Cognac distillery and the logo is completely different. Hopefully this doesn't influence my entry.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

When I failed to read the rules at the start :dunce:, Karova was the first fictional brand that popped into my head, so I thought 'why not?' I'd half thought of doing a pink pig style Moloko livery with milk drips as the cut lines, with maybe a bit of hippy livery crossover, then tried to echo itasha but replacing anime with the iconic bouffant topped Moloko dispensers from the film.

The 330 seemed to resemble the car I remembered from the film

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed to find out it's a Probe. It's eye-catching I suppose, I can see a certain appeal to owning something that's so unashamedly 'drawn by my 12 year old'

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 FRAMERATE
Spacestation gaming livery from rocket league. Made to look like the dingo
Cool livery, welcome, but please have a read through the instructions in the first post as to how to insert photos in the correct format, attaching files to a comment don't display well in a poll or do justice to your livery. It's part of the rules too.

I upload photos to the media section, then just click the camera icon when posting.

Cool livery, welcome, but please have a read through the instructions in the first post as to how to insert photos in the correct format, attaching files to a comment don't display well in a poll or do justice to your livery. It's part of the rules too.

I upload photos to the media section, then just click the camera icon when posting.
Sorry. Is it better now. I'm new and I'm not 100% sure how these things work. Thanks for informing me

Last edited:
Sorry. Is it better now. I'm new and I'm not 100% sure how these things work. Thanks for informing me
Don't worry, as for many things, the first time is not perfect, but we improve after all 🤪
As I'm not an english native, I got totally lost about the instructions for the pics, took me maybe 3 or 4 rounds not to be bad 😅

In a first time, I published the pictures in GT7, but now I only upload them on a usb key...

You're welcome, I hope it is good now but I'd be a bit concerned by the size. The pollmaster has the lurgy at the moment (get well soon @Nuschel01), and I don't know if it requires fixing, but he has provided guidance. There's a lot of different options but from the various available methods this one is the one I use cos it's easy:
  1. Go to the media section of the forum and upload your photos by clicking "Add Media" in the top right corner.
  2. Gallery Method 1 - Step 1

Gallery Method 1 - Step 1

Step 1: Click the little camera icon.

3. Gallery Method 1 - Step 2

Gallery Method 1 - Step 2

Step 2: Select the photos you want to attach to your post and confirm below.

1. As you can see I'm no expert (can't stop the numbered bullet points now :indiff:) but the photos show the posting process which is to click the little camera. If you do so, you'll see the galleries in the media section which are available to you.
  2. If you then go to the media section, click 'add media' and choose one of those galleries, or create your own, you can upload files or photos. They will show up the next time you click the camera in a post.

Damn, looks like I've missed this one (was out last night!) and I had an entry ready.

homer simpson doh GIF

FINAL ENTRY

Voyage Honda NSX Gr.3

PS4 Standard
A fictional entry for the Fanatec GT World Series, in the form of a Voyage-sponsored Honda NSX. Using only the fantasy sponsors from the built-in decals over a base design of red blotches over black.

Many thanks to @Nuschel01 for keeping this running long enough for me to get my entry posted! Much appreciated!!!

Latest Posts

Back