The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #38 (Your Racing Stable - 80s' Edition) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 89 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Its a Sony/Suntec 10TNTHS Ford RS500 SECA Spa 24 Hours 1988 #118

LINK

PS4 Base
Always been a fan of Group A ,and especially the Spa 24 from that era. Welp, time for my team to shine! A fictional SONY VHS-Sponsored Ford entry for 10TNTHS, and driven by BTCC driver of the era Graham Scarborough, and JTCC drivers Kyoshi Misaki and Jeff Krosnoff (who was racing in Japanese F3000 and where the Suntec sponsor comes from!). With the Le Soir banners on the windows, above the sunstrip and SECA-100 Octane, the main sponsor of the race at the time.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
full

full

PS4 Base

The Corvette Challenge was a racing series in '88 and '89, an interesting read if you are interested is linked below. As for the adidas sponsorship... was there anything bigger in the 80's? Seriously, RUN DMC turned them into a movement. If you are too young to know what I'm talking about then just google "My Adidas". Anyways, I tried to stay true to the 80's simplicity, special thanks to @Gingerale for the Techline decal!

Corvette Challenge article

Last edited:
The Corvette Challenge was a racing series in '88 and '89, an interesting read if you are interested is linked below. As for the adidas sponsorship... was there anything bigger in the 80's? Seriously, RUN DMC turned them into a movement. If you are too young to know what I'm talking about then just google "My Adidas". Anyways, I tried to stay true to the 80's simplicity, special thanks to @Gingerale for the Techline decal!

Corvette Challenge article
Almost changed my car to a Corvette Challenge car last night because most my liveries are IMSA cars. Adidas were big but Vans were my thing as a skater kid of the 80's.

Last edited:
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
This is a Renault 5 Turbo for the R5 Turbo European Cup which was held between 1981-1985.

Already its predecessor, the R5 European Cup, wich was held with stock R5s, was a legendary racing series, that brought mostly true amateur racers to the biggest racing tracks at the time(as side events for Formula 1 and 2 races), where they provided chaos, mayhem and loads of pure racing action for big audiences.
After the first race in Hockenheim in 1976(where a lot of the drivers had their very first real car race of thier live in front of an audience of 30 000 peoples in an sold out Hockenheim autodrom) the officials at Renault wanted to shut down the series already, because half of the field crashed their cars...luckily they changed their opinion.

In 1981 the the R5 Turbo replaced the older model, and there were 4 more editions of this popular racing series(and one of the first international one-make racing series in an affordable car!) until 1985, when it got replaced by the Renault Clio Cup

Reanult-Elf decals seemed to be mandatory, as were Dunlop decals (since Dunlop provided the tires), although there seemed to be no fixed rules where to apply those decals...the number board(white) only contained the racing number(black) and a stripe with the drivers nations flag above it(no writings...) and was applied on the sides and central on the hood.

Most cars in the field had additional sponsors(but not all)
I choose an Austrian option, with Felix as main sponsor(a swedish/austrian food manufacturer , highly popular in Austria since the 1970ies up to this day), and Sebring(an austrian company for racing exhaust systems), Zgonc( the first big chain of hardware stores in Austria, highly popular in the 1970ies-1980ies and that were sponsoring all kind of sport events in their prime time) and SEV Marchal(not austrian, but very present in motorsports in the 80ies...and not out of the place since it is a french company and it is a french car) as side sponsors

Here is a great video about the series...unfortunatly only in german, but worth your time just for all those vintage racing scenes(some great footage from the above mentined first race at Hockenheim)...I don't know if the youtube translator works but you should give it a try, since all the guys in the video provide great and funny stories (about partying, cheating, fistfighting and,of course, racing...)

Here's some racing action from the R5 Turbo Euro Cup

I am hooked, and can't wait until the R5 shows up in the UCD again, to buy 16 more(i have 5 already) for a full custom grid...It will take some hours to do all the liveries, but I'll keep the cars barely stock with just some very minor tuning allowed, to stay true to the original spirit of the series: afforable costs, maximum fun!

Last edited:
This is a Renault 5 Turbo for the R5 Turbo European Cup which was held between 1981-1985.

Already its predecessor, the R5 European Cup, wich was held with stock R5s, was a legendary racing series, that brought mostly true amateur racers to the biggest racing tracks at the time(as side events for Formula 1 and 2 races), where they provided chaos, mayhem and loads of pure racing action for big audiences.
After the first race in Hockenheim in 1976(where a lot of the drivers had their very first real car race of thier live in front of an audience of 30 000 peoples in an sold out Hockenheim autodrom) the officials at Renault wanted to shut down the series already, because half of the field crashed their cars...luckily they changed their opinion.

In 1981 the the R5 Turbo replaced the older model, and there were 4 more editions of this popular racing series(and one of the first international one-make racing series in an affordable car!)

Reanult-Elf decals seemed to be mandatory, as were Dunlop decals (since Dunlop provided the tires), although there seemed to be no fixed rules where to apply those decals...the number board(white) only contained the racing number(black) and a stripe with the drivers nationans flag above it(no writings...) and was applied on the sides and central on the hood.

Most cars in the field had additional sponsors(but not all)
I choose an Austrian option, with Felix as main sponsor(a swedish/austrian food manufacturer , highly popular in austria since the 1970ies up to this day), and Sebring(an austrian company for racing exhaust systems), Zgonc( the first big hardware store in austria, highly popular in the 1970ies-1980ies, that were sponsoting all kind of sport events in their prime time) and SEV Marchal(not austrian, but very present in motorsports in the 80ies...and not out of the place since it is a french company and it is a french car) as side sponsors

Here is a great video about the series...unfotunatly only in german, but worth your time just for all those vintage racing scenes(some great footage from the above mentined first race at Hockenheim)...I don't know if the youtube translator works but you should give it a try, since all the guys in the video provide great and funny stories (about partying, cheating, fistfighting and,of course, racing...)

Here's some racing action from the R5 Turbo Euro Cup

I am hooked, and can't wait until the R5 shows up in the UCD again, to buy 16 more(i have 5 already) for a full custom grid...It will take some hours to do all the liveries, but I'll keep the cars barely stock with just some very minor tuning allowed, to stay true to the original spirit of the series: afforable costs, maximum fun!

Very cool, love your affection!

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
I've been through digging around the videos about JTC in the mid-80s. So I choose fictional Pocari Sweat Supra JTC because this brand was born in the mid-80s, and I want to make it into a JTC race car, and it was driven by Takao Wada and the legendary driver Keiichi Tsuchiya some of the sponsors may appear around the mid-80s JTC events around the decades and I did put it correctly

Latest Posts

Back