The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #38 (Your Racing Stable - 80s' Edition) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 89 comments
Well executed, but unless I'm reading the specs on this competition wrong, it is original liveries only - no replicas.
Sorry didn't realise that
Yeah gotta change that entry to something original, just applying an existing livery to a different car isn't enough for it to be counted as original :)

Some sponsors not around in the 80's. I know, I was there. Also what race series is you car in? Being from Washington USA near Seattle I'm not familiar with all the different European race series where ASDA would be a sponsor.

About us | Fanatec
Our story Endor, with its Headquarters in Landshut / Bavaria, was founded in 1997.......

GoPro, Inc.[3] (marketed as GoPro and sometimes stylized as GoPRO) is an American technology company founded in 2002........

FINAL ENTRY

Toyota Team Radio Panamericana #53 MA70 Supra Race Car '87
PS4 Base
full

full

FINAL ENTRY

Toyota Team Radio Panamericana #53 MA70 Supra Race Car '87
PS4 Base
full

full
Its been a while, I know! But I'm finally out of college for now! So I have more free time to return to the liveries! :D. Once again a Radio Panamericana (my workplace) livery, but a throwback to the 80's when its "Target" logo was the norm, and when the radio hitted its peak on its Rock 'n Pop era! :D

The livery is based on the signal waves radio antennas produce, also working as a hint for something bigger Radio Panamericana was working at the time, the transition to satellite broadcast for 1990! On a fictional story, the MA70 Supra worked for Toyota Team Radio Panamericana's entry to the 1987's Spa 24h, in a work in conjuction with Toyota's official TRD team (making it into a Pseudo official team for the race), the team also worked in pair with TOM's for the car's setup, making it a mix between a JTCC-Spa 24h weapon (All inside Group A regulations). Of course, being a Radio Panamericana car, the main entry was N° 53, driven by the top 3 best radio hosts/racers the radio had at the time!. In the race, the team did it well finishing on the Top 5! :D

Last edited:
Here's my entry, I hope I've understood the rules correctly.
If I was team manager I would try and take a car that is not common, so here is what would happen if Nissan entered the DTM at the end of the 80's.

Question: does it count as an original livery if its a concept by a livery designer that hasn't been used in the real world? 🤔

I’d rather it was your own. The Christmas LEC will be perfect for what you’re describing

So that would make mine not valid I guess...

It is indeed from a livery designer on Instagram, but he only shows the side views, so I had to wing it for the front, back and hood.
No worries if this does cancel my entry.

So that would make mine not valid I guess...

It is indeed from a livery designer on Instagram, but he only shows the side views, so I had to wing it for the front, back and hood.
No worries if this does cancel my entry.
I wouldn’t ask you to cancel your entry

I wouldn’t ask you to cancel your entry
Yeah I just mean if it would be invalid, then I fear that I'm not going to find time to create something new with the holidays coming up and stock taking at work.
Busy busy busy :D

Last edited:
I can do a rough thread if anyone with a better skill set can then tidy it up.
I had planned to throw it up on Friday, when the LEC 37 poll ends.
If I had time I’d help, but I’m hectic at work this week. Though I’ll look forward to breaking my new ps5 in with a livery for it on Xmas day

If I had time I’d help, but I’m hectic at work this week. Though I’ll look forward to breaking my new ps5 in with a livery for it on Xmas day
I'll put it together on Friday so that it's good to go over Christmas.

If people want to start now, it will be as if we're all meeting up for a Time Attack weekend.

Rules will be:

• Any car you want.
  • Must have racing mods.
  • Must have racing numbers. (Front and side)
  • Must have Ignition and Extinguisher stickers.
  • Scapes must be Christmas Themed.

After that people have complete freedom to design their own style of livery,
use a replica or use a concept from social media.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
1000 Lakes Rally '88
Alfa-Ville Racing

Finlands wrc race had a Sierra in 1988. Wanted to do a livery for the car when it came to the game but it took a while. The idea for the round lec came to me instantly when I saw the chocolate bar Tupla logo. The brand back then was very macho, so it fits the Sierra perfectly. Added some custom stickers like mobira -which is better known now as nokia. Hope you like it.

Back