The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments
Almost seems ripe for a pre-order:

Eight cars(LMP, GT500, GT3, GT4, VGT, Historic road or race car, Pace car, cover car)

1,000,000 Cr.

100,000,000 Cr. Cap unlock.

;)

I don't want to see this,

Screenshot_20200527-130555.png

Screenshot_20200527-130534.png

The same cars with a different badge/name

Screenshot_20200527-130901.png

A car that has a 'J' in the title and the same car without the 'J' or a different name because it sold in another country (3000GT, GTO)

And this,

Screenshot_20200527-131526.png

4 old fiat 500's, have 1 for sure not 4 pieces of 🤬

It sounds really good when you have 1000+ cars but 25% of them are 🤬 doubles.

I'm glad I got that off my chest :D

Last edited:

View attachment 924500
View attachment 924502

View attachment 924501

A car that has a 'J' in the title and the same car without the 'J' or a different name because it sold in another country (3000GT, GTO)

And this,

View attachment 924505

I take it you won't be buying GT7 Midnight Purple Edition then

View attachment 924500
View attachment 924502

View attachment 924501

And this,

View attachment 924505

Yeah, PS3 era deciding to just put every regional or rebadged cars inside? That's the duplicate I can't accept. I won't consider the likes of both GR Supra in GT Sport as duplicates (they have different power, so not 100% the same!)

No more autonomous penalty system that is garbage like the one we got in GTS, rework this **** from the ground up or ditch it, as it stands it does more harm than good.

No more fantasy, nonexistent cars, I couldn't care less about the VGT program if we aren't getting Can-Am, actual FIA GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4 leagues and Group C categories...And I don't mean a few cherry picked cars from said categories against a bunch of nonexistent cars, I want the actual categories.

No more pre baked lightening system if that means getting rid of dynamic weather and time during races.

No more fixed cockpit camera view that barely moves at all, it takes all of the joy and immersion of driving in first person view, the camera has to turn to this sides as we steer the car on corners and it has rag doll just a little bit when we hit potholes on the road.

No more car roulette because that **** is just cruel, seeing a Ferrari 330 P4 on the wheel only to see it landing on a goddamn Miata for the eleventh time.

No more hard cap on credits at 20,000,000 because that doesnt make any sense whatsover, even PD noticed this and allowed a increase to 100,000,000...Albeit being locked behind a paywall.

No more stupidly easy GT League modes with AI that acts more like mobile obstacle than a proper competition.

No more half-assed GT League, what we got with GT Sport is just superficial, I want that **** to be deep like it was in GT2 and GT4.

No more customization options reduced to mere sliders in a boring menu, I want individual car upgrades again, I want to see the actual effects of a sports clutch and flywheel on a 1-liter *******, I want GT Auto again with the cosmetic parts that could add downforce to the cars, I want a actual racing modification to almost all road cars like we had in GT2.

I will refrain from saying something about online saves only, because I do not know what is going to be of GT Sport's GT League mode once they shutdown the servers.

Last edited:
Please PD, do not separate all tuned classic/nostalgic cars. Keep them all in one class. Especially cars that come with roll hoops/roll cages.
EZNgohuVAAAeYft

All three of these cars should race in the Nostalgic Gr.X class. If the R8 can, the Mini and Porsche should. Reading the write up of all three, in Brand Central, they all have been tuned to race. The 356A/1500 GS GT is even noted as being a "semi-race" car for the street, just like the Porsche GT3 road cars, that have been offered from the start. MOst 356A race cars were the coupes, but there were Speedster racers
WM_Nassau-1959-12-06m-083.jpg

Next, the Cooper S. Even though it's the smaller engine 970cc(64BHP), as opposed to the popular 1275cc engine(78hp), it was actually built(by John Cooper) to race in a specific class.

The Renault was built by Gordini, "by the request of Renault". There were even R8 One Make races.

For PD to include tuned road cars, as AI filler, in those Gr.X nostalgic races, it shows the cars above(and other classics) deserve to be used as they were intended.

I was reading the GT7 Wish List thread and thought about some things I definitely don't want to see in the next game.

If you think about some, feel free to share them. Could be things from GTSport or any other GT game. Simply things that annoy you and shouldn't be implemented again, so the experience of playing the game ideally improves for everyone.

I will start with a few:

1. Please PD, don't implement the current car roulette in the next game. It kills the mood 99% of the time when we see a cool, rare looking car we haven't purchased or won, but we end up getting another copy of an Alfa Romeo Mito or Audi TT. I'd much prefer an unveiling like before of a single car (even if it's random).

2. Related to the first, please PD, let us sell our cars. You can implement a system where they go to a used, community market (if we want to sell a car with a nice, unique livery for example) or simply the old way, where we get credits for it.

3. Please PD, improve the UX of the menus. Don't make us click several times and wait for a new screen to load every time, to go from a car dealership into the home screen (also happens a lot in the livery editor or photomode).

4. Please PD, give us an updated state of the memory when we enter photomode so we don't waste time preparing a shot just to get the info we don't have space to save the file. If we're able to delete older files right away, without having to leave photomode, perfect.

5. Please PD, don't make virtually impossible to get the exotic cars. As an example, I've driven tens of thousands of kms in the game, have hours upon hours in both Sport Mode, lobbies and career mode, and only got money to buy 1 single 20.000.000 car. I could have bought a couple others, but then I would have 3 exotic cars, 20 Mitos and 20 Audis TT.

7. Please PD, don't make your game useless by blocking us from playing and saving progress offline.

8. Don't make career mode races start with a rolling start and without qualifying sessions.

I think these are good to start and I couldn't think of more right now. Hopefully some of these won't come back to haunt us ever again. :D

I think the roulette could stay, but only if PD modifies it so it only gives you cars you don't own. Apart from that it's pretty useless 99% of the time.

Here's my not wishlist:

1. Remove or greatly expand the credit limit
2. Let us sell gift cars
3. Get rid of PSN microtransactions. Nobody I know uses them and I'm pretty sure nobody uses them period.
4. Declutter the in-game HUD. Customization options like in the F1 games would be greatly appreciated.
5. Stop it with 20 million credit cars. It's just an insult.

Last edited by a moderator:
No more Lenny Ibizarre, Hotel Costes, etc.
I agree. I wish to se new tracks from Japanese Jazz artists like Satoshi Bandoh, Yuki Oike, Kemmei, Maki Mannami, Isamu Ohira, Taku Yabuki etc.
Japanese type of Jazz and lounge music is a big part of what makes Gran Turismo a Gran Turismo.

Well, here's mine.

1. I hope that the A.I. from GT Sport doesn't come back and we get better A.I. that challenges you. There's every so often one car that keeps up with me in some GT League races, but that bot is always driving like an idiot. I don't want that again.

2. I agree that the credit cap should either be altered or gone altogether. I don't see the point in limiting it to 20 million credits. Especially since GT6 had the limit at 50 million CR.

3. I definitely don't want cars from different eras meshed in the same class together unless for a special event or something. In my opinion, GT1 cars from the 90s & 2000s shouldn't be racing against modern GT3 cars. There also shouldn't be a GTE car racing in GT3 (*looks at Porsche 911 GT3 RSR*).

4. Vintage race cars should no longer be put in a throw away class. Gr.X should not be throw-away class at all.

5. I don't want the online only save feature to EVER come back.

PD need to get rid of the numberplates. Nothing more unnatural than racing a Supra with a numberplate telling me its a Supra.

The GR Supra numberplate holder is so jarring it looks like one of those 70's era USA bumpers. There's really no need for a racing game to have any plates on the cars as well, unless the cars they scanned had plates on in race trim (eg Jaguar D-Type)

Last edited:
Fix the pit stops, we need different animations for different types of cars, remove the teleporting and allow drivers to manually drive to their pit boxes in the pit lane. I want a pit lane system that mimics other games, I found the GTS pit lane system was a bit lame and not as good as other racing games

They have to stop babying players by giving them supercars or sports cars in the very beginning.
It is great for arcade mode, however, the replay value of GTmode is being able to choose your first car with a low budget and work your way up to afford new and different cars.
It should also not be a grind to do so as well, it should be rewarding.
I see that championships are back, that is where, at the end of each championship, the player can receive a new car because that would be rewarding.

No more separating specially provided cars from garage cars. If I've bought a car and put a livery on it, I want to race it. Otherwise purchasing cars is disincentivised, and you lower the value that the livery editor provides.

I would like to see The A race Have a AA open race one day a week added with the same car It would be nice To change things up a bit so maybe a guy that Finishes in the last 5 of a 20 car race may finish in the top five. Let’s give us Rookies a chance to shine.

No more leaving us with less than 1% of all the cars in Arcade Mode and none get added as we progress through the game. Polyphony should stop with this method that makes Arcade Mode so boring and lifeless. I mean sure, it's good to collect cars, with the added benefits of customization in between, but why not give players a chance to enjoy every car in the game in their simplest form?

Not all players want to grind, and more people actually just want to have simple fun as well as experimenting with every car, even before they have a go in buying and customizing them.

The Arcade Mode car selection should be like in Forza, where we can use cars from our Garage, and have an option where we can have all of the cars in the game as rental/courtesy cars, but with a few limitations, such as:
  • Only default car-specific colors/liveries can be used (no custom liveries)
  • Upgrades are not available on these cars
  • Credits, XP, Mileage Points and Daily Workout distance will not be earned driving these cars
  • Basic set-up tuning only (car-specific)

Also, new cars that arrive via DLC through updates should also be added to Arcade Mode immediately besides Brand Central.

If Polyphony can pull off this type of car selection in GT7's Arcade Mode, the reception of the game will be extremely high and it will be sure to sell very well. I think that the reason why GT Sport eventually had microtransactions was because the Arcade Mode car selection wasn't like this.

Last edited:
Vision GT - needs to go. Not enough real cars in the game as is, let alone when you have 20% of the car list being a dumping ground for concept cars.

1km Spread Rolling Starts - It's 2020, starting 1km behind the leader without qualifying was arcade even in the late 90's, it's a complete joke for a game that considers itself a serious racer.

Credit cap - Just a terrible idea. The fact that it was lifted from 20 to 100 through paid DLC just cemented this.

Has been said before, but Rubberbanding needs to go. The entire "boost" feature, I don't want it.

Unfortunately, while custom races are better, the AI braking at weird spots (even on "hard") also should vanish. If you want to make the AI slower, do it more naturally instead of letting them go at reasonable speeds on the straights and then going through some (not all) turns at walking speed. It leads to me crashing into them (because their braking points are way off sometimes) when I want to overtake cleanly.
I did the new Gr. 3 endurance race today and the AI hits the brakes multiple times in the Stefan-Bellof-S. Come on...

Please PD, please!

And please, ban Rabbit AI. This is not racing!

Let GT7 take out multiplayer and put in GTS as online racing it’s all ready set up just make it better. If you remember it cost $20. I would pay for Two software titles to get the best of both worlds. Do it on a PS5 how sweet it is.

Last edited:
Rally

**** AI

No FOV options

When you try and look around your cockpit and it pans to the back window. Also the snappiness of the camera.

This! If GT7 Will be another chase the rabbit game then i might not bother.
I've got a horrible feeling the core of the gameplay will be unchanged and it will just be a prettier GT Sport with additional ray tracing and GI with nostalgic elements thrown in for marketability. I really hope I'm proven wrong!

I'd rather them improve the engine and the AI alone even if it meant visuals weren't improved... Visuals are important though.. it's just a trade-off I would have preferred.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back