The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments
I hope that if they do updates we don't get stupid comedy duplicates like the GT86's or add shopping trolleys like the Fiat 500 when they should be keeping the leading categories like Gr3 and 4 up to date. And on the subject of Gr3 and 4, ditch all fantasy cars, change the name to GT3 and 4 and have real grids with multiple liveries available. Does my head in to see a grid full of standard RCZ's (dump those turds as well) or standard 911s when literally millions of liveries are available!

NO GT6 or GTS stupid chase the rabbit dodge the mobile chicane idiocy. That sort of thing is okay for Arcade mode but not for GT-mode

Proper races from a grid or side by side rolling start with qualifying for every race and difficulty AI settings as wide as possible to match the widest player abilities.

Awarding duplicates shouldn't be a thing, or at least let us take the money instead.

The entire unlocking/purchasing ecosystem in Sport was atrocious. Stop making certain cars amd items virtually unobtainable by so many people who don't have that kind of time to sink into the game. If I buy a game, I should have access to it's content. If I want to "work" for it, then that should be my option. I am playing the game to enjoy the different cars on different tracks and the competition and thrill of winning tough races, not to get an endorphin rush from lootbox prizes and fake currency to be able to access PRIMARY content.

There are some tracks that I don't want to see in GT7:
Yas Marina Circuit
Brno
Sochi Autodrom
Shanghai GP Circuit
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna Windmills
Colorado Springs
Broad Bean Raceway

There are some tracks that I don't want to see in GT7:
Yas Marina Circuit
Brno
Sochi Autodrom
Shanghai GP Circuit
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna Windmills
Colorado Springs
Broad Bean Raceway
Unfortunately, the last four (except BB Raceway) has been confirmed for inclusion.

On another note, considering the fact that there's already the realistic-looking RCZ Gr.3 and Beetle Gr.3, I want the VW GTI Gr.3 and Peugeot VGT Gr,3 to be EXCLUDED FROM GT7! Why? Because they're UGLY!

Awarding duplicates shouldn't be a thing, or at least let us take the money instead.

The entire unlocking/purchasing ecosystem in Sport was atrocious. Stop making certain cars amd items virtually unobtainable by so many people who don't have that kind of time to sink into the game. If I buy a game, I should have access to it's content. If I want to "work" for it, then that should be my option. I am playing the game to enjoy the different cars on different tracks and the competition and thrill of winning tough races, not to get an endorphin rush from lootbox prizes and fake currency to be able to access PRIMARY content.
In earlier games you can sell prize cars.

As always, this is very subjective; what I like somebody else won't, and someone else's favourite option will be my pet hate.

If I were designing a new GT just for me I would leave out drift mode, I wouldn't reintroduce B Spec and I certainly wouldn't have any 24 hour races.

But then that's just me... :D

As always, this is very subjective; what I like somebody else won't, and someone else's favourite option will be my pet hate.

If I were designing a new GT just for me I would leave out drift mode, I wouldn't reintroduce B Spec and I certainly wouldn't have any 24 hour races.

But then that's just me... :D
Damn.. I'd have all three!
Rally can go **** itself though.

Last edited:
-No rally stages with unbreakable fences. It's so unrealistic.
But knowing PD they'll never fix this.

-No focus on Ridge Racer's VGT.

-No tanks, moon rovers, electric slow cars or any other (imo) useless 4+ wheelers. Such a waste of time, money and resources to model them and assigning phyisics. Time, money and resources that could be used to bring a good amount of old school exciting race cars, such as those in FM7.

-No boring "new" fictional tracks. We already had enough of those in GTS.
They're just an excuse to fill the void, the absence of real life tracks such as Silverstone, Mugello, Road Atlanta, Sebring etc.

-No more car duplicates

-No more broken economy system

-No more broken penalty system

Last edited:
This should be easy: Polyphony Digital, don't include penalties or instant disqualification in main & special events. I simply refuse to play through the Festival of Speed & Ode to Ayrton Senna because you effectively have to drive perfectly on them.

Yes, I know penalties are only for the Super Events in Gran Turismo 6, but still, it angers me to no end to drive halfway through Nürburgring Nordschleife, only for a car to bump into me, causing me to get a penalty that makes me have to restart the whole race all over again since I don't want to end up 4th while I really came 1st.

My list begins with with noobs, specifically how to mitigate their ill effects from those that approach this game with integrity...if you're confused, I'm talking about crowd control...the bad drivers just don't have any consequences nor incentives to change.

I prefer this does not continue on the GT platform.

Get rid of Invisible Walls, chase the rabbit races, and cheap mobile tier star system.

Last edited:
7. Please PD, don't make your game useless by blocking us from playing and saving progress offline.

- the online save

In regards to Online Save, please for the love of God: GT7 needs to have OFFLINE Save by Default and OPtional Online Save.

Let us control our save data...

I don't want the online only save feature to EVER come back.
Waiting for internet connection in my new place and I can't access my replays or Brand Central. PD, if you are all reading this, please don't have online save only for Gran Turismo 7.

I do agree with offline saving, but another one of my issues has to be the Daily Workout system.

The Daily Workout system in GT Sport is very flawed and broken, where it may also seem rigged to get you either a duplicate of what you already have, or an unimpressive car, and is more pronounced when your car collection is pretty large already.

They should make it where you get a token for a Daily Workout prize, offering you to choose one out of four cars as a free reward, and that you should also be able to choose the default color/livery for them.

Or make it like Forza 6 where there is a similar system where you get a “prize spin”, be it a variety of new cars, a large amount of money or XP.

Another is that with the Used Car dealership, there should be a new mechanic where players can auction off cars (or attempt to buy cars from an auction), similar to Forza, besides selling a variety of second-hand cars at a much cheaper value compared to when they were in mint condition.

I do agree with offline saving, but another one of my issues has to be the Daily Workout system.

The Daily Workout system in GT Sport is very flawed and broken, where it may also seem rigged to get you either a duplicate of what you already have, or an unimpressive car, and is more pronounced when your car collection is pretty large already.

They should make it where you get a token for a Daily Workout prize, offering you to choose one out of four cars as a free reward, and that you should also be able to choose the default color/livery for them.

Or make it like Forza 6 where there is a similar system where you get a “prize spin”, be it a variety of new cars, a large amount of money or XP.

Another is that with the Used Car dealership, there should be a new mechanic where players can auction off cars (or attempt to buy cars from an auction), similar to Forza, besides selling a variety of second-hand cars at a much cheaper value compared to when they were in mint condition.
The flawed part is also the fact that we aren't allowed to sell prize cars like in earlier GT. Like Forza 6, large amount of money can be subsituted by selling the prize cars you don't want.

Or let you know how many of the same car you already own and then allow you to not accept the prize car. So your car list isnt rediculous.
So you dont need to go through said rediculous car list every 2 months and look at every cars setup page, 1 by 1, for an hour before you delete them, so you dont delete cars you've invested milege points in

Or let you know how many of the same car you already own and then allow you to not accept the prize car. So your car list isnt rediculous.
So you dont need to go through said rediculous car list every 2 months and look at every cars setup page, 1 by 1, for an hour before you delete them, so you dont delete cars you've invested milege points in
It would be good if the list of cars in the garage had a field for notes you could make such as "drift" or "monza" for when you have more than one of the same car.

Can we get rid of the black bars in replays? They kind of ruin the whole "live broadcast" look as well as the immersion in general.

Kinda baffling for PD to do this when they've never put black bars in their replay modes before, really.

-Hook up a keyboard.
-Press "N" on your keyboard.

Problem solved.

GT Sport: Replay and Spectator Keyboard Controls

The Keyboard Controls

* F1: Hides player names above cars.
* F4: Shows player names above cars.
* F9: Hides the HUD (only in spectator mode).
* F10: Shows car information (only in spectator mode).
* F11: Shows racing information (only in spectator mode).
* F12: Shows player information (only in spectator mode).
* 1-9: Changes selected car from 1 to 10 (0 is position 10).
* Q-P: Changes selected car from 11 to 20.
* G: Is Variable Camera type.
* H: Is Standard Camera type.
* J: Is Bumper view.
* K: Is Hood/roof view.
* L: Is Chase camera view.
* Arrow Key down: Is rear view (only in spectator mode).
* Z: Sets a replay marker. (Replay ends at the point where the live race has gotten to, when you press X, C or V.)
* X: Starts a replay 8 seconds before you pressed Z.
* C: Starts a replay 13 seconds before you pressed Z.
* V: Starts a replay 18 seconds before you pressed Z.

Tip: The Keyboard can also be used to type messages.

**References:**

* GTS: Hidden spectator options
* GT Sport Secret Keyboard Controls (and top split gr.3 close racing at Nurburgring)
* Hidden/secret controls while spectating. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hidden-secret-controls-while-spectating.373524/
* GT Sport Online Manual Replays/The Replay Feature https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/replay/content01

Last edited:
-Hook up a keyboard.
-Press "N" on your keyboard.

Problem solved.

GT Sport: Replay and Spectator Keyboard Controls

The Keyboard Controls

* F1: Hides player names above cars.
* F4: Shows player names above cars.
* F9: Hides the HUD (only in spectator mode).
* F10: Shows car information (only in spectator mode).
* F11: Shows racing information (only in spectator mode).
* F12: Shows player information (only in spectator mode).
* 1-9: Changes selected car from 1 to 10 (0 is position 10).
* Q-P: Changes selected car from 11 to 20.
* G: Is Variable Camera type.
* H: Is Standard Camera type.
* J: Is Bumper view.
* K: Is Hood/roof view.
* L: Is Chase camera view.
* Arrow Key down: Is rear view (only in spectator mode).
* Z: Sets a replay marker. (Replay ends at the point where the live race has gotten to, when you press X, C or V.)
* X: Starts a replay 8 seconds before you pressed Z.
* C: Starts a replay 13 seconds before you pressed Z.
* V: Starts a replay 18 seconds before you pressed Z.

Tip: The Keyboard can also be used to type messages.

**References:**

* GTS: Hidden spectator options
* GT Sport Secret Keyboard Controls (and top split gr.3 close racing at Nurburgring)
* Hidden/secret controls while spectating. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hidden-secret-controls-while-spectating.373524/
* GT Sport Online Manual Replays/The Replay Feature https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/#!/replay/content01

You're a few days late, bro. See the other wish thread.

Though a friend on Twitter says it doesn't work?

You're a few days late, bro. See the other wish thread.

Yes. I'm late to this party by 13 days. You're late to the original party by 2 years. Check the source thread.

Since no one mentioned it to you, I decided to repost it.

As to the actual feature, the last time I tried out the black bar removal was two years ago to confirm it worked and I haven't been in replay mode ever since. So I don't know if it's been removed or not.

This thread has kind of been beat to death. That's how it is with every wishlist thread with every Granturismo iteration.

Usually by page 3 users will start repeating themselves so the entire thread plays like a broken record.

Last edited:
The clean race bonus in AI races. Just give us the full amount for winning the race.

You can do everything right and have the AI sideswipe you into a braking zone, rear end you during braking, just blindly turn into you when you've already halfway through the pass on the inside, hit the brakes at the exit of a full throttle corner... the list is endless, and the result is always the same: you just lost a third of your prize money. The idea is a good one but it would necessitate AI better than I've ever seen in any game, practically flawless in its performance, to really work.

Now it's more of a lottery controlled entirely by the AI that decides if you get the full prize money or not, or a puzzle game along the lines of "you've already passed the car and have the inside line - try to find the correct moves to avoid contact from the opponent that wants to take you out and can use magic grip and acceleration freely". When I play GT I want to race cars, not solve puzzles. And I'm saying this as a person who indeed has won most of the game's races with the bonus but for most of the time it has been utterly frustrating.

I remember there are some cars in GT Sport that don't even have modeled interiors to begin with, such as the following:

• Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
  • BMW Vision Gran Turismo
  • Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo
  • IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo
  • Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
  • Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision Gran Turismo
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (Gr. 3)
  • Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo
  • Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
  • Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo
I really hope that in GT7, they implement proper and appropriate interiors for these cars, because well, they still haven't, even since GT Sport's lifetime where the game has been receiving updates and nothing has changed them.

Back