The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments

zzz_pt

Premium
Germany
Porto living in Hamburg
zzz_pt
I was reading the GT7 Wish List thread and thought about some things I definitely don't want to see in the next game.

If you think about some, feel free to share them. Could be things from GTSport or any other GT game. Simply things that annoy you and shouldn't be implemented again, so the experience of playing the game ideally improves for everyone.

I will start with a few:

1. Please PD, don't implement the current car roulette in the next game. It kills the mood 99% of the time when we see a cool, rare looking car we haven't purchased or won, but we end up getting another copy of an Alfa Romeo Mito or Audi TT. I'd much prefer an unveiling like before of a single car (even if it's random).

2. Related to the first, please PD, let us sell our cars. You can implement a system where they go to a used, community market (if we want to sell a car with a nice, unique livery for example) or simply the old way, where we get credits for it.

3. Please PD, improve the UX of the menus. Don't make us click several times and wait for a new screen to load every time, to go from a car dealership into the home screen (also happens a lot in the livery editor or photomode).

4. Please PD, give us an updated state of the memory when we enter photomode so we don't waste time preparing a shot just to get the info we don't have space to save the file. If we're able to delete older files right away, without having to leave photomode, perfect.

5. Please PD, don't make virtually impossible to get the exotic cars. As an example, I've driven tens of thousands of kms in the game, have hours upon hours in both Sport Mode, lobbies and career mode, and only got money to buy 1 single 20.000.000 car. I could have bought a couple others, but then I would have 3 exotic cars, 20 Mitos and 20 Audis TT.

7. Please PD, don't make your game useless by blocking us from playing and saving progress offline.

8. Don't make career mode races start with a rolling start and without qualifying sessions.

I think these are good to start and I couldn't think of more right now. Hopefully some of these won't come back to haunt us ever again. :D

1. Please PD, don't implement the current car roulette in the next game. It kills the mood 99% of the time when we see a cool, rare looking car we haven't purchased or won, but we end up getting another copy of an Alfa Romeo Mito or Audi TT. I'd much prefer an unveiling like before of a single car (even if it's random).

2. Related to the first, please PD, let us sell our cars. You can implement a system where they go to a used, community market (if we want to sell a car with a nice, unique livery for example) or simply the old way, where we get credits for it.

When I saw you explain what the thread was about, these two were the FIRST things I thought of. Spot on zzz. Couldn't agree more!

For mine, PLEASE PD don't go forward with this "slider tuning" system you have for Power and weight. I miss installing exhausts, clutches, flywheels, suspension kits, etc and having to manually upgrade your car through winning races. I always felt pretty accomplished about progressing my car through the game and thinking about how far it's come from being stock.

Lemme add a number 9 there:

Don't make career mode races so easy. I mean I took a stock AE86 to an N600 event and managed to win against seriously fast modern sportscars. I'm no Takumi, but I managed, barely, because I wanted an actual challenge...taking an N600 car to that event would be overkill.

Gran Turismo 4 had decently quick opponents. It was great. There are fast opponents in GT Sport too, but only in special events and missions. I want them all to be fast! I want a challenge!

Last edited:
Alternatively they could just simply ask us at the end if we want to add it to our garage so we can select "No".

GT6 was my last game in the franchise. GT7 will have to show innovation and fresh ideas to get me back. To start...
  • Cancel GT Vision cars
  • Stop the 20,000,000 credit valuation
  • Stop the license tests (see my above comment about innovation)
Edit: if I get a hint of standard cars... :mad: 🤬

Motorsport will be in poor financial condition after 2020. Maybe a few motorsports series can team up with Polyphony Digital as a way of getting their names out there, to revitalize their own brands.

Not Formula One, but series like the DTM, the FIA Hillclimb Championship, Super Taikyu, the Nurburgring Endurance Series. After the loss of an entire season's worth of revenue brands like these may need to seek as much exposure as they could. It could be similar to what the WRC and NASCAR did within Gran Turismo 5.
communique_top_fia_ehc_round_6_-_glasbachrennen_deu_45.jpg

Also maybe focus on the golden eras of specific racing series, ala the 1990s Group A era of the DTM/BTCC/JTCC
The Group C era
The late 1960s Group 4 era of LeMans. Polyphony loves motorsports history, maybe portray that history. Would even be fun with a classic version of a given track, like a classic version of La Sarthe.
34ed1f058aa6ba4914c27c988e27729f.jpg

And finally - multi-class racing. For a series that has sponsored the VLN and the JGTC for so long, you'd feel that multi-class racing would have been supported in some aspect in the past.
v1_VLN119_16322JPW_JS.jpg

Also, for the Manufacturers Cup some brands weren't eligible for as many races as they should have been. See Alpine's lack of a Gr4 (a GT4 exists in real life) or Bugatti's lack of a Gr.3 (the EB110 LM is a fine counter to the McLaren F1 GTR that is already in the series). Go out of your way to ensure that each manufacturer is fairly represented in the available classes.

I hope they bring back the Standard Cars from Gran Turismo 6 like the Gillett Vertigo Race Car '04 and Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99.

Motorsport will be in poor financial condition after 2020. Maybe a few motorsports series can team up with Polyphony Digital as a way of getting their names out there, to revitalize their own brands.

Not Formula One, but series like the DTM, the FIA Hillclimb Championship, Super Taikyu, the Nurburgring Endurance Series. After the loss of an entire season's worth of revenue brands like these may need to seek as much exposure as they could. It could be similar to what the WRC and NASCAR did within Gran Turismo 5.
communique_top_fia_ehc_round_6_-_glasbachrennen_deu_45.jpg

Also maybe focus on the golden eras of specific racing series, ala the 1990s Group A era of the DTM/BTCC/JTCC
The Group C era
The late 1960s Group 4 era of LeMans. Polyphony loves motorsports history, maybe portray that history. Would even be fun with a classic version of a given track, like a classic version of La Sarthe.
34ed1f058aa6ba4914c27c988e27729f.jpg

And finally - multi-class racing. For a series that has sponsored the VLN and the JGTC for so long, you'd feel that multi-class racing would have been supported in some aspect in the past.
v1_VLN119_16322JPW_JS.jpg

Also, for the Manufacturers Cup some brands weren't eligible for as many races as they should have been. See Alpine's lack of a Gr4 (a GT4 exists in real life) or Bugatti's lack of a Gr.3 (the EB110 LM is a fine counter to the McLaren F1 GTR that is already in the series). Go out of your way to ensure that each manufacturer is fairly represented in the available classes.

These are things you would like to see (me too), so maybe post them in the GT7 Wish List.

This thread is for things you don't want to be in the next game which have been implemented in released GT games. :)

When I saw you explain what the thread was about, these two were the FIRST things I thought of. Spot on zzz. Couldn't agree more!

For mine, PLEASE PD don't go forward with this "slider tuning" system you have for Power and weight. I miss installing exhausts, clutches, flywheels, suspension kits, etc and having to manually upgrade your car through winning races. I always felt pretty accomplished about progressing my car through the game and thinking about how far it's come from being stock.

GTS didn't have a career or RPG style progression like previous GT games because it's focused on getting into a car and tweak it right away to race, that's why the slider...

I didn't like the sliders at first, for the same reason you mentioned.
But now i am used to it.
Seeing that, hoping that GT7 will be a return to form, while bringing new innovation, I hope also that we will be able to buy parts and component upgrades that will have pre-determined level of performance, or buy the ultimate upgrade that will allow us to adjust with the slider.... Best of both worlds ;)

Alternatively they could just simply ask us at the end if we want to add it to our garage so we can select "No".

Yes to that option.... The more options, the better...

I hope they bring back the Standard Cars from Gran Turismo 6 like the Gillett Vertigo Race Car '04 and Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99.

This being a non-wish list, I do not want standard cars.
But I do want All cars that have ever been present in all GT games including standard cars, but all converted and upgraded at least to PS4Pro level of graphics.

GT6 was my last game in the franchise. GT7 will have to show innovation and fresh ideas to get me back. To start...
  • Cancel GT Vision cars

Why cancel VGT??
VGT are innovation that no other games have.

As much as I hate 20M cars, because I have been playing for a full year at a rate of once every other day for the DWG, I am only half way through @ 9M, so I can't quite get one of these.... But I think that's why it has so much play value, and will be a reward to buy one when I finally do.

Licence tests are a staple of GT, that the first thing I do...
Licence tests is what allow new comers to learn ... That is a must have!

You don't have to do it If you don't want...
Just like I don't do drift session but GT has drift mode for those who like, I don't go about hating just because I can't....

@Duphman
These are things you would like to see (me too), so maybe post them in the GT7 Wish List.

This thread is for things you don't want to be in the next game which have been implemented in released GT games. :)

Exactly.

Mileage Exchange needs to either be revamped completely or removed. Categories such as stickers, helmets, racing suits don't even have enough items to fill their allocated rows, while paint items can leave you waiting a whole year till you see the item you want again. Just confuses me as to why I can only buy certain wheels and paints in one week but not the next.

On the topic of paints, why limit us to only certain manufacturer paints. Clearly there are more in the game, so why are we limited to a select few of these. Remove this restriction on what manufacturer paints we can buy.

Some wheels aren't able to be used on some cars (which is realistic) however the wheels which are restricted don't always make sense, especially when it is possible to use these wheels on the car in real life. Why are these wheels restricted, because it's clearly not a real life issue. So get rid of that restriction.

When the A.I pit on the final lap of the race and take a full load of fuel and new tyres ... what kind of strategy is that? Whatever coding is making the A.I make illogical pitstops, that needs to be changed.
Also the A.I will indicate to one side of the track and let you past, especially on the Nordschleife, event 1st place lets you past. What if I want to have a good battle?

This might be a controversial one, but get rid of the wheel spin. Of the 700 cars I own, I bought 120 of them. Essentially I could've gone through this whole game only buying 10 cars. I think getting free cars every day makes the game too easy. You never need to worry about money except for the 20mill cars. I wouldn't mind if you had to earn the cars to use in events rather than just being handed a car every day for driving a small distance.

• Cancel GT Vision cars

Really?! License testes is what MAKES Gran Turismo. It helped me become a better driver and golding them is my first route toward my new GT racing career..

I do not want.

Fantasy tracks.
Vision cars.

A game where the online community things are hugely favored for a small group of aliens, where there is like very litle rewards or reasons for average Joe to play it.

Give us Community Events like in Forza with small rewards ( Cars, Credits, livery's ) for beating weekly / monthly Time trials VS Developers or other people from the Sim / Real Racing community.

I am not saying there shouldent be top tier events for the aliens. But there should also be something for the lesser skilled players who like to take part in events, but simply dont have the skill / time commitment to play 24/7.

You don't have to do it If you don't want...
Just like I don't do drift session but GT has drift mode for those who like, I don't go about hating just because I can't....
Exactly.
I believe the point of this thread is hating... specific features of GT. I'm not hating in terms of jealousy. I was hooked with GT1 and stayed until GT6.

Thank you for reminding me. Another item to my non-wish list.
  • Remove drift mode ;)
Really?! License testes is what MAKES Gran Turismo. It helped me become a better driver and golding them is my first route toward my new GT racing career..
Yes, really. I've played GT1 through GT6. I'm tired of the license tests in their current iteration. See my comment about innovation. How can PD freshen up the license tests?

This thread is for things that are in the GT series that you don't want to see in the next GT:
I was reading the GT7 Wish List thread and thought about some things I definitely don't want to see in the next game.

If you think about some, feel free to share them. Could be things from GTSport or any other GT game. Simply things that annoy you and shouldn't be implemented again, so the experience of playing the game ideally improves for everyone.
Not things that either are, were (but not in GTS) or have never been and you would like to see.

16 player lobbies. No explanation needed because it’s 2020.

(Weekly) Daily Races in the state it’s in. Only having one of 15 combos for all 3 races each week is frustrating in and of itself. If I had a dollar for every Gr2/Gr3 race at Fuji/Suzuka, I’d have enough for the GT5 Collector’s Edition.

The complete castration of tuning in game. It’s nearly non existent in GTS, and it was something that was glorified in every main game up until GTS.

- I don't want another Gr.X category that you cannot race those cars with the others in singleplayer - lobbies where you can choose any car doesn't counts on this one.

- I don't want free cars everyday, they're useless. I don't wanna park 300 cars in my garage that I'm not using because I got them as gifts.

- I don't want dynamic home screen if it's only updated with game updates. Let's rotate it like the Mileage Store or take it out, but I'm fed up seeing the same pics and cars - I know I see the newly added cars - over and over and over again. Or at least let us choose between a dynamic or normal background (like we had in GT6, some moving animations, that's all).

- Don't force us to save online and at least if the game's main feature is the online racing, make that free so everyone can play that without PS Plus requirements.

- Don't make so hard trophies like the 50 level career, because it costed me 2 years to finish my platinum trophy. I'm glad that it's at least on 0.1% because it shows how much of a nightmare it was to reach it. And last, please don't include online trophies in GT7 if the online mode (sport mode) is useless thanks to the bad sorting system and even worse penalty system. I'm saying this as someone - again - who already reached the platinum for GT Sport.

Lemme add a number 9 there:

Don't make career mode races so easy. I mean I took a stock AE86 to an N600 event and managed to win against seriously fast modern sportscars. I'm no Takumi, but I managed, barely, because I wanted an actual challenge...taking an N600 car to that event would be overkill.

Gran Turismo 4 had decently quick opponents. It was great. There are fast opponents in GT Sport too, but only in special events and missions. I want them all to be fast! I want a challenge!
They should add a difficulty option!

What I don't want to see is more "chase the rabbit" races. Let us have grid starts, with the option for competent AI! And no rubber banding

The awful and slow game update method. Fed up of uninstalling other games just add (yet another) Fiat 500/Toyota Supra.
For that matter. Stop adding, what are essentially, duplicate cars.

3. Please PD, improve the UX of the menus. Don't make us click several times and wait for a new screen to load every time, to go from a car dealership into the home screen (also happens a lot in the livery editor or photomode).

Car roulette is already a thing since even GT1 though (and the roulette is an exact recreation of GT3's). The real problem is that you can't sell prize cars like you do in previous GT (no. 2).

And for UX... yeah they should always keep the Top Screen's Mode Menu in any menu you're going to. Like in GT1/GT2's Simulation Mode menu, there's always 4 buttons to go to main menu, Home, Race, and save & load/status.

Also this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/annoying-features-that-mustnt-implemented-for-next-gt.386872/

Car roulette is already a thing since even GT1 though (and the roulette is an exact recreation of GT3's). The real problem is that you can't sell prize cars like you do in previous GT (no. 2).

Somehow in GT3 it didn't feel like I was being made fun of. The odds in GTSport are absurd. In GT3 you could get cool cars more often IIRC and the fact you could sell the ones you didn't want, made the whole process less fatiguing. Also the animation was way shorter and there were no micro transactions to, kinda, force you to buy at least some of the cars with your own money.

Also, the fact there wasn't online multi-player, there wasn't really anyway to know if you should have or needed a specific car for an online race. In GTSport, that's not the case.

I liked the fact that in past GT games career events had 1 prize car that you could win. If you wanted that car you had to win the event. Random prizes should only be a thing for daily milage reward and birthday. But that would mean, with a good, extensive career, more cars would need to be in the game from day 1. There must be a good compromise between randomness, expensive/exotic cars, number of specific prize cars for specific events and allowing duplicates to be sold

If, and i hope they do get rid of the roulette, with just unveiling the car you won. I hope that they would show you if the car is one you already own and allow you to either sell it or not take it, right away. So that your car list doesnt become bloated with duplicates, that you have to go through and spend hours deleting, but also going into the setup menu each time making sure you dont delete cars you have invested mileage points into...

GTS didn't have a career or RPG style progression like previous GT games because it's focused on getting into a car and tweak it right away to race, that's why the slider...

I didn't like the sliders at first, for the same reason you mentioned.
But now i am used to it.
Seeing that, hoping that GT7 will be a return to form, while bringing new innovation, I hope also that we will be able to buy parts and component upgrades that will have pre-determined level of performance, or buy the ultimate upgrade that will allow us to adjust with the slider.... Best of both worlds ;)

That is true. I guess I keep forgetting to take that into account.

Still though, my hopes are high that we don't see it return. Even though I myself have gotten use to it.

At the very least; like you said, they'll let us purchase ACTUAL upgrades and modifications that'll unlock a slider tuning system for power and weight. At least it'll make us feel somewhat that we're putting work into our cars in the game.

Ditch the absurdly high prices for unicorn cars. It’s terrible game design and quite frankly insults the player. No I’m not going to grind for literally days at a time just so I can drive a Shelby Daytona (as much as I’d love too). I’ve been a GT player for 20 years and do not have the time anymore to keep winning the same car I’ve already unlocked in past games. I ask the developer to respect my sense of time. Otherwise only a truly fraction of players will ever get to drive these things, therefore what’s the point in licensing and modeling them in the first place?

Instead I ask PDI to reward the skillset I’ve developed over many years of play. Reward the player by gifting these cars after accomplishing an extremely difficult task. Case and point the Lewis Hamilton DLC. Or back in the GT6 days when for a tiny brief period in time you could win the Jaguar XJ13 in an online time trial. I remember that challenge taking place at a specific sector at Grand Valley Speedway. Hard as nails and required many attempts but with a huge incentive to do so. That’s proper game design.

It especially kills me when when unicorns are stuck in Group X and their only use is a SINGLE event in GT League. PDI seriously need to establish historic racing car classes. Group C, GT1 and Group 6 for example. Forza and Project Cars have already done so, it’s time they did too. Give me a larger incentive to win these cars so I can actually use them. The sole unicorn I own is the Ferrari 330 P4 and the only time it gets used is the Nostalgic 79 event.

If PDI were really brave enough they’d ditch credits altogether akin to the likes of Project Cars and Assetto Corsa (even Turn 10 are considering this with Forza). The only point in credits really is to restrict entry into the higher classes, a game design approach they’ve had since GT1. Gain credits, buy the faster more expensive cars, then compete in progressively more difficult races. PDI have made a fantastic and class leading sim in GT Sport, but let’s be honest as a ‘game’ it’s pretty terrible.

Here’s a question I pitch to the GTPlanet community, what would your ideal campaign look like? How would you establish progression and reward?

Ditch the absurdly high prices for unicorn cars. It’s terrible game design and quite frankly insults the player. No I’m not going to grind for literally days at a time just so I can drive a Shelby Daytona (as much as I’d love too). I’ve been a GT player for 20 years and do not have the time anymore to keep winning the same car I’ve already unlocked in past games. I ask the developer to respect my sense of time. Otherwise only a truly fraction of players will ever get to drive these things, therefore what’s the point in licensing and modeling them in the first place?

Instead I ask PDI to reward the skillset I’ve developed over many years of play. Reward the player by gifting these cars after accomplishing an extremely difficult task. Case and point the Lewis Hamilton DLC. Or back in the GT6 days when for a tiny brief period in time you could win the Jaguar XJ13 in an online time trial. I remember that challenge taking place at a specific sector at Grand Valley Speedway. Hard as nails and required many attempts but with a huge incentive to do so. That’s proper game design.

It especially kills me when when unicorns are stuck in Group X and their only use is a SINGLE event in GT League. PDI seriously need to establish historic racing car classes. Group C, GT1 and Group 6 for example. Forza and Project Cars have already done so, it’s time they did too. Give me a larger incentive to win these cars so I can actually use them. The sole unicorn I own is the Ferrari 330 P4 and the only time it gets used is the Nostalgic 79 event.

If PDI were really brave enough they’d ditch credits altogether akin to the likes of Project Cars and Assetto Corsa (even Turn 10 are considering this with Forza). The only point in credits really is to restrict entry into the higher classes, a game design approach they’ve had since GT1. Gain credits, buy the faster more expensive cars, then compete in progressively more difficult races. PDI have made a fantastic and class leading sim in GT Sport, but let’s be honest as a ‘game’ it’s pretty terrible.

Here’s a question I pitch to the GTPlanet community, what would your ideal campaign look like? How would you establish progression and reward?

Here here!! I wholeheartedly agree with this 110%! :bowdown:👍

The odds in GTSport are absurd.

There are no "odds". The game has already determined what you're going to win before the roulette even starts. They throw in absurd cars to provide incentive. @Famine, and other users including myself, have already experimented in a previous thread on the GTS forums regarding this very issue.

Like you said, a one car reveal would be a lot more ethical and aesthetically pleasing than the current slap to the face.

Onward with this thread.

• I do not want the current search engine in the Discover page to return. It is a clunky burden to use that resets your searches every time you back out of a creator's content.
    • I've suggested solutions in the Wish List if they decide to bring it over, but I genuinely hope they don't.
  • Get rid of the mileage exchange and the mileage currency system altogether. If they decide to bring it over, then remove the 99,999 cap from it.

Back