The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I think it should be a big priority for PD to give race and road cars a more equal balance in fuel consumption.

I’m enjoying customizing cars into race versions that can compete with Gr4 & Gr3 cars, but right now, the only custom road cars that can really do well against them are one with Gr3 or Gr2 engines swapped into them like the M3 and the Crown.

Maybe this has something to do with the fuel tank sizes too, but some balancing of fuel consumption to make it so tuned road cars can compete against race cars a little better in races where the fuel consumption is on.
I still feel it’s fuel delivery. Briefly tested the laps to empty of the R34 GT500 and Alfa 155 versus the C6, built to Gr.4 specs. The C6 held more fuel. I can understand race cars having race tanks, but it’s not adding up with fuel capacity. Fuel delivery might be the issue. If that’s what PD programmed. However, I agree about PD needing to fix this issue.

Ηere are my thoughts on selling our collection cars and also buying cars from others.
1) it would be very interesting if we could auction them (with a specific sales limit for each car to avoid inflationary trends!!! like Forza Horizon 5.)
2) by direct sale to an interested player that (he or she) can make an offer in a real players used cars department.
3) donation to a random player for some cars.

What really annoys me about this game, or at least, whoever is the one making the decisions for what the updates include - is that you really don't have to include any cars or tracks in an update in order to elevate the game from where it is now into one of the best GTs.

Content means nothing if you have nothing to do with it, and that's where GT7 struggles the most. From this, I wrote a short "dream" patch note list, without including anything that I think would actually take more than a weeks dev time to do (cars, tracks, functionality overhauls, big features, and so on).

Events (assuming a GT League is not possible)
  • Added "Manufacturer" and "One-Make" Events to various brands in Brand Central - Golding all of the events of a manufacturer offering "invitation" cars provides the player with a permanent invitation to these cars.
  • Added "WTC600" "WTC700" "WTC800" "Hypercar Parade" and "Gr.1" events to the majority of circuits in "World Circuits"
  • Added 3 one hour long "2008 Super GT" events to the following circuits: Fuji International, Suzuka, Autopolis
  • Added 3 one hour long "2016 Super GT" events to the following circuits: Fuji International, Suzuka, Autopolis. All these events all pay 1 million (1.5m with CRB)
  • Added the "Suzuka 1000km" event to World Circuits. This event pays 5 million per completion. (7.5m with CRB)
  • Added 24h events to Nurburgring, Le Mans and Spa, each paying 40 million per completion (60m with CRB)
  • Added the "Laguna Seca 200 miles" event to World Circuits. This event pays 3 million per completion (4.5m with CRB)
  • Added 6 lap Clubman+ events to High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain, and Deep Forest Raceway, with cars limited to Japanese vehicles from 1990-1999 - Events including these, WTC600 and beyond have had their payouts rebalanced to match the rates of the existing higher Spa, Sardegna, Tokyo and Le Mans races (750k/hr).

• Sport Mode
    • Crossgen play is now enabled on daily races. The warmup timer has increased by 30 seconds to accommodate load times.
    • Decreased the penalty threshold, making it easier to accrue penalties for contact with other drivers (debatable, now damage is properly enabled)
    • Re-enabled SR/DR for Daily Race A
    • Daily Race D and E introduced. Daily Race D is a new race that provides users with a random combination on every race, with no SR/DR impacts. Daily Race D can also be queued for in the World Map by entering the new "Quick Race" section.
    • Daily Race E is a 60 minute long endurance race with dynamic weather enabled. Qualifying for this race is done within the event, the same as GTWS events. Events are run every 90 minutes.

• Custom Races
    • Payouts have been increased by roughly 10x when racing an "Endurance" Event lasting longer than 10 minutes (as to avoid exploits, though I haven't actually tried to calculate if this is a good multiplier or not. It sounds nice at least!)
    • A new difficulty has been added, "Ace" - a difficulty harder than the existing "Professional"
    • Fixed a bug where the AI could not go above 95% throttle input on all difficulties

Again, what annoys me is the fact I genuinely believe that you could get this done within a month of dev-time with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Using "Professional" in Custom Races already isn't the highest internal difficulty so it's not like it would take them a thousand years to even make the AI gain pace, they just need to let us use the difficulty we can't. Crossgen play in dailies is also surely possible, as it already exists in lobbies and in GTWS Sport events.
I digress.
It depresses me the fact that this game has direction that is taking it in a way that is appeasing absolutely nobody. 99% of the things here boil down to something that just lets us race our cars which is an absolutely asinine thing for a driving game to be missing out on.
I'm sure there's things I missed. But I don't think many would complain if we got that in an update, nothing more - even though it functionally includes no new content, it just expands on what is already there and gives us what should be there anyway.

Last edited:
Couple of small changes for me.

Photo mode slide show- I love taking photos in GT7 , the scope of what you can do is amazing but do you remember in GT5 you could sit back , chill and have a slide show of all your photos and set it to show them in a random order? Not in this one. You have to select it then expand it , look at it then repeat. Why have such a good photo mode but you cant sit back and review what you have taken?

HUD- Just please let us move where the MFD is! I use a rig with a DDpro and my TV is quite low so I cant see the MFD as my DDpro obscures it. I have to lean to the left or right to see my TC, fuel or weather map. I know it moves to the right in cockpit view so it must be possible? Just some ability to change the HUD would be great like PC1 and PC2 had.

Happy racing

Like Formula 3? Or CanAm?
They can do it with the cars they have. Put super formula into its own category. Do the same for 90s Japanese performance cars and BoP it. Subdivide Group 1 so you actually have Group C cars only racing Group C and not LMP and Hot Wheels cars. Have the pickups have their own category with proper BoP. They even toyed with the idea in GT Sport when you'd occasionally have daily races that were the FF Group 4 cars or 90s Japanese performance cars, they just never saw the idea through properly.

GT7 isn't the sum of its parts and one of the reasons is because they just dump all production cars into one category and restricting it by PP, which is incredibly lazy.

It would be good if PD could release more structured updates or even paid for dlc like assetto corsa. Something like this would be amazing.

Gr1 pack

Cars:

Ferrari 499p

Porsche 963

Bmw m hybrid v8

Peugeot 9x8

Cadillac V-LMDh

Citcuits:

Sebring

Bahrain

Events:

Gr1 Championship online/ single player

Gr2 pack

Cars:

Nissan z gt500

Honda nsx gt type s

Toyota gr supra gt500

Honda civic type r gt

Circuits:

Sugo

Motegi

Events:

Gr2 Championship online/ single player

Gr3 pack

Cars:

Chevrolet r8

Ferrari 296 gt3

992-Generation Porsche 911 GT3 R

Lamborghini huracan evo 2

Mclaren 720s

Circuits:

Zandvoort

Paul Ricard

Events:

Gr3 Championship online/ single player

Never going to happen though

Last edited:
I would like it to bring more classic circuits, such as Silverstone, Monte Carlo, Hockenheim and Imola, as well as more continental diversity, leaving the US-Europe axis.

I would like to see, for example, Kyalami (RSA), Istanbul (TUR), Hermanos Rodriguez (MEX), Brasilia (BRA), Potrero de Los Funes (ARG), Sepang (MAL), Dubai (UAE), Buddh (IND), Macau (CHI), Mosport (CAN) and Inje Speedium (KOR).

Obviously, in addition to the iconic original circuits of the franchise, such as Grand Valley, Red Rock Valley and city tracks.

And as for the cars, I would like updated or even fictional Hypercars, GT3 and GT4 that correspond to modern models.

Last edited:
Back