The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Republican caring about the well-being of 2 kids outside the womb?
To the uninitiated, perhaps. This is actually just a sack of **** Trumper (redundant, I know) caping for compatriots who are refusing to appear before an investigative congressional committee, one of whom happens to have children. Those children are nothing more than political pawns this rat ****er is using in his emotional appeal.

You can see the wheels trying to turn to make sense of how stupid thinking Antifa was behind January 6th.

Capitol rioter found not guilty.

Apparently the man claimed he thought he was being let in by police who stood aside. He was toward the back of the crowd who were streaming in at that point. He milled around, took some photos, and left.

Here's what he was charged with:

"Martin was charged with four misdemeanor counts: entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building."

Ok, drop the violent entry, demonstrating, and disruptive conduct if he was a saint the entire time. But entering and remaining in a restricted building??? That should have held up. Yes, I agree that it might have appeared to him that police were not stopping rioters from entering at that point. But he was aware that rioters were clashing with the police, and he was aware that damage to the capitol building had occurred and alarms were going off. If he was not aware that they weren't supposed to be in the building, he should have been. It is not reasonable for anyone who participated in that riot to think that they were not intentionally entering and remaining in a restricted building.

Sentence him to some community service or something, slap on the wrist. But no criminal activity? Nothing? We're saying this was lawful conduct? I don't see it. Next time a police officer pulls me over for speeding I'm telling him it's lawful because I saw another cop fail to pull someone over doing the same speed.

Last edited:
Sentence him to some community service or something, slap on the wrist. But no criminal activity? Nothing? We're saying this was lawful conduct? I don't see it. Next time a police officer pulls me over for speeding I'm telling him it's lawful because I saw another cop fail to pull someone over doing the same speed.
Speaking of lawful conduct, two of the four people in the Whitmer kidnap plot were found not guilty and there's a mistrial for the other two.

Brandon Caserta and Daniel Harris were found not guilty of conspiracy; the jurors deadlocked on Barry Croft and Adam Fox, with the judge declaring a mistrial on those counts.

I read somewhere the mistrials would be retried.

I thought a couple people also plead guilty months back?
You're right.

2 pleaded guilty.

Six of the men — Barry Croft Jr., Ty Garbin, Daniel Harris, Adam Fox, Brandon Caserta and Kaleb Franks — were indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of kidnapping conspiracy, facing a maximum penalty of life in prison. Two of them, Garbin and Harris, pleaded guilty and testified against the others.

(Seven more men were charged in Michigan state courts with providing material support to terrorism. Those cases will be prosecuted by the Michigan attorney general.)

FQQw0R9VUAAFl0D.jpg

Screenshot-20220413-181354-Samsung-Internet.jpg

dd0.png

Face it, as soon as you see the t-shirt you know how this one's going to end. Needs one of those barking dog/meek dog memes.

Last edited:

Among the self-appointed responsible Republicans, the story of Trump’s attempted election theft goes something like this:

The former president had a few CRAZY people around him providing bad advice. Rudy and Lin Wood and Sidney “Release the Kraken” Powell and their ilk were egging on a strategy that was never going to work and that nobody was actually on board with.

Meanwhile, the rest of the players were maybe not profiles in courage, but they were trying to do the right thing. Just, you know, behind the scenes. Some were encouraging Trump to be more presidential—to finally do that growing into the office they had promised he would do four years ago now that he had lost. Others knew it was all a farce but were just “humoring” the president for a little bit. What could be the harm? After all, it was, they assured each other, the last thing they would ever have to do for Donald J. Trump.

According to a new book by Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns, Mitch McConnell went so far as to say that “everybody around [Trump], except for clowns like Sidney Powell and Lin Wood, are trying to get him to do the right thing.”

That’s not quite right.

The real story is that the circus was in town and even the supposed “good Republicans” were happy to put on their clown make-up.

On Friday morning, CNN published text messages in which Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah)—the purported originalist, the man who shouted at Trump from the convention floor in 2016, the Republican in good standing who maintains support even from Never Trumpers who yearn for a the party to return to normal—was not only one of the clown insurrectionists, but was a leader of the troupe!

Here are three texts from Mike Lee to the White House chief of staff on the day that the election was officially called for Joe Biden—and a few days after Biden’s impending victory was quite clear:
  • “Sydney [sic] Powell is saying that she needs to get in to see the president, but she’s being kept away from him. Apparently she has a strategy to keep things alive and put several states back in play. Can you help her get in?”
  • “It was at the president’s request that Sydney has been working on a strategy and has been trying to get in to see him. But she’s being kept out.”
  • “[Powell email address][Powell phone number] Sidney Powell”
It was not the case that everyone around Trump was doing the right thing while Sidney Powell contaminated the water table.

The true story is that “good Republican” Mike Lee and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows were forcing the crazy into the Oval Office at the most combustible time imaginable.

Two days after those texts, Lee updated Meadows on his progress. He said that CPI—presumably the Conservative Partnership Institute—had held a steering committee meeting featuring Powell with the goal of “socializing with Republican Senators” on the need to press forward with the coup.

On November 19, Lee’s texts betray some . . . concern with Sidney Powell’s rhetoric. And Lee has the gall to suggest to Meadows that the person he thrust on the White House might need to be shunted aside.

Oopsie.

You would think that setting in motion this insane assault on our democracy might’ve chastened Lee a bit, given his professed love for The Constitution.

Nope!

On November 23 Lee has a new harlequin he wants to throw into the mix, the man who wrote the memo suggesting Mike Pence could overturn the election. Lee texted:
“John Eastman has some really interesting research on this. The good news is is that Eastman is proposing an approach that unlike what Sidney Powell has propose could be examined very quickly.”
By January 3, 2021, “Good Republican” Mike Lee was in his feels.

The Eastman plan he had suggested was moving forward, but he was no longer confident it would work. Lee had “grave concerns” about the way his colleague Ted Cruz is arguing publicly for all the things he had been pushing in private. He was upset that President Trump doesn’t recognize how hard he’s been working—14 hours a day!—trying to help steal the election for him. And despite these disappointments he was still burning the midnight oil calling state legislators trying to figure out how to end our constitutional Republic.

In the end, Lee might not have voted to overturn the election but he was every bit a part of the coup as Cruz and Hawley and the rest.

As it turns out this wasn’t the case of “responsible” people trying to nudge things in the right direction in private.

It was a case where one posse of clowns was so insane that they were giving away the game. While the “responsible” clowns like Mike Lee did everything in their power to figure out how they could keep the madman in power, without getting Rudy’s hair dye on their face.

Well, that just sealed it, Lee is going to win reelection by a landslide given how stupid voters are in Utah.

The final 45 WH Chief of Staff has been removed from the electoral register of the state he represented in Congress after casting a (mail-in, of course) ballot there in the 2020 election despite not being eligible to do so.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I requested a mail-in ballot here in Ohio, and I'm pretty sure they were supposed to ship out like April 4 or 8 or something, and I'm definitely sure that it's over halfway through April and I haven't gotten one yet.

Pretty sure I requested a mail-in ballot here in Ohio, and I'm pretty sure they were supposed to ship out like April 4 or 8 or something, and I'm definitely sure that it's over halfway through April and I haven't gotten one yet.
Clearly they thought you meant April 2023. Whenever they make gaffes like this, I just assume they are incompetent.

Clearly they thought you meant April 2023. Whenever they make gaffes like this, I just assume they are incompetent.
I checked the tracker, supposedly my ballot was "processed digitally" on April 5, as expected. It however did not arrive in the mail a couple days later as expected. They must be upset I chose a Democrat ballot and am going to vote as hard librul as possible. We can't be having that in the Ohio 10th! This district is half-full of people who voted themselves into poverty and that's the way it's gonna stay, damn it!

Last edited:
It's shameful that absolutely nothing will be done about that phone call. Trump will be fine and if the election was tomorrow, he'd defeat Biden handily.

It's shameful that absolutely nothing will be done about that phone call. Trump will be fine and if the election was tomorrow, he'd defeat Biden handily.
If this were football, the Democrats intercepted the ball but then decided the best course of action was to fight over who would hold the football AND run backwards down the field before fumbling the ball away.

If this were football, the Democrats intercepted the ball but then decided the best course of action was to fight over who would hold the football AND run backwards down the field before fumbling the ball away.
The Jan. 6th panel, intentionally headed by two republicans, seems to have done a lot of solid work and in a way that looks at least somewhat bipartisan, which is great. The problem seems to be not necessarily in politics but in what the DOJ is willing to bring based on what the panel has uncovered. I gather there is still some time for this to develop, but I hope the DOJ has the resources, evidence, and will to act.

Back