The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anybody else has been wondering what, exactly, was about to come out that prompted Trump to spend the last couple days constantly attacking Biden, wait no more:

Ee0pjKKXYA48Eib
lmao, it was almost like there were orders to stay at home and businesses closed as such.

Whatever it takes to say orange man bad...

It's almost like we saw this coming and nothing was done to even attempt to minimize it.

Whatever it takes to say orange man not that bad...

It's almost like we saw this coming and nothing was done to even attempt to minimize it.

It's almost like we tried shutting down travel from China and everyone said no you can't do that.

Whatever it takes to ignore the fact orange man tried to do something...

It's almost like we tried shutting down travel from China and everyone said no you can't do that.
Which would be untrue on two counts.

1. Travel from China was not shutdown, it was restricted, with plenty of exceptions in place (such as all Americans).

2. It's utterly untrue that 'everyone said no you can't do that', in fact very, very few people said any such thing.

Sources please? I've been following this whole thing and that doesn't sound the least bit familiar.
Here you go...

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

...Trump sycophants might not want to read it.

The short version of it is, it wasn't a ban and plenty of exceptions to it existed (such as all Americans), it wasn't Trump's idea but rather advise from a number of sources and people, and very, very, very few people said you can't do it (including the WHO, despite what some people will try and claim).

Last edited:

I would say that's not fair, but considering he wanted all the credit for the "good" market, he can take this one too.

Lie. Bush won Florida. The dems only wanted to recount heavenly democrat areas, the Supreme court shot them down.

Florida Law requires an automatic recount if the margin of victory for an elected office is less than or equal to 0.5%, and an recount by hand if the margin of victory is less than or equal to 0.25%. After initial voting, Bush had 537 more votes than Gore out of of a little over 5.8 million total votes for both candidates, aka, a margin of victory of just over 0.000092%.

The recount wasn't a Democratic ploy, it was a per-existing law that was being used for its intended purpose, which was shot down by the Supreme Court for reasons that lean more towards the political side rather than the judicial. Last I checked, weren't states rights and a low government interference historically major talking points for the Republican Party?

And Trump flat out won the electoral college.

Despite losing the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. So, yes, Trumps victory in 2016 is, by all accounts, a loss-win, and called into question the strength, role and reliability of the Electoral College for a lot of Americans.

Says you. Citation needed.

I know I've asked you this before, but I'll ask again: Why do you constantly defend a man that has demonstrated, amongst many other things, a clear contempt of the constitution when it does not benefit and/or works against him, an ignorance of American Civil Rights History, and a clear contempt of the electoral process when it has the potential to not benefit and/or work against him? You are actively defending man who would literally prefer his fellow citizens to potentially expose themselves to COVID, get sick and DIE, than for them to be safe, stay at home and vote by mail, even though it's been shown on multiple occasions that mail-in ballots are not a reliable vehicle for significant voter fraud.

If those things aren't the mark of a bad leader for you, than I've got to say I am quite plexed (though not exactly surprised).

You realize we are in the middle a pandemic, right?

And we were very acutely aware of the spread and effects of said pandemic months in advance, with common sense dictating that it would get to the US sooner rather than later. I'm not saying that we could've prepared for everything, 'cause that would've legitimately been impossible, but our government probably could've done a bit more beforehand, beyond introducing lightweight travel "bans" (See @Scaff 's link for further). None of which was helped by Trumps claims that the virus was a Democratic hoax, or by giving it racist nicknames.

C'mon, Oprah wouldn't be so bad. At least she'd promote literacy by hawking trashy novels from the Oval Office. Or how about Beyoncé as POTUS? Kelly Rowland could be Chief Of Staff. They'd be sure to sing your national anthem in tune, if perhaps a little heavy on the melisma.

Did you not listen to @Dotini? Ol' Steve thinks Biden is the trojan horse concealing a horde of progressive pinkos within. I imagine this is the angle Trump central is also going with, as the cupboard is pretty much bare by now as regards positives with which to promote the orange pres to anyone other than end-times evangelicals.

Of course if the progs had that much power within the Demo party they surely would've ensured the selection of a far more attractive stalking horse than Sleepy.

Apparently the choice s down to Rice and Harris. Joe knows, likes and and worked long and well with Rice. She makes him feel comfortable and safe. But the downside - not to mention she's a serious war hawk - is alienating Bernie and his voters from an enthusiastic turnout at the polls.

If America didn't have strong laws in place to limit a Presidents power there would be little doubt what direction Trump would turn the country towards.

If America didn't have strong laws in place to limit a Presidents power there would be little doubt what direction Trump would turn the country towards.
26 words that say absolutely nothing.

26 words that say absolutely nothing.
You know what the word intent means.

Past history aside we have seen many countries fall with poor policies in place to limit power at the top, most notably Rome, with recent examples like Turkey.

Last edited:
You may maintain your delusional thoughts on what Trump's intentions are, but that does not make them true.

You may maintain your delusional thoughts on what Trump's intentions are, but that does not make them true.
It's not like he hides his intentions, he talks about them on a stage with dribbling fangirls every week, and don't even get started about Twitter.

Ahem...

I know I've asked you this before, but I'll ask again: Why do you constantly defend a man that has demonstrated, amongst many other things, a clear contempt of the constitution when it does not benefit and/or works against him, an ignorance of American Civil Rights History, and a clear contempt of the electoral process when it has the potential to not benefit and/or work against him? You are actively defending man who would literally prefer his fellow citizens to potentially expose themselves to COVID, get sick and DIE, than for them to be safe, stay at home and vote by mail, even though it's been shown on multiple occasions that mail-in ballots are not a reliable vehicle for significant voter fraud.

Really then? So in the case of the airline business, how does one prevent these business from losing millions every single day while flying at most 66%? Social distancing + mask enforcement along with constant sanitizing still will not give a positive cash flow.

But it's okay though, airlines, restaurants and many other service industries saw this coming and they're all in top shape...

Lie. Bush won Florida.

Where did I say anything about Florida? He lost the national popular vote, just like Trump.

Lie. The senate was controlled by Republicans, "elections have consequences" it is their job to approve or disapprove judges.

They did neither. They sat and refused to do their Constitutional duty at all.

The dems only wanted to recount heavenly democrat areas,

An apt typo if I've ever seen one.

the Supreme court shot them down.

Not sure what this has to do with it either.

EDIT: On this front, why don't you respond to @NotThePrez. He laid out why your view on this is nonsense.

And Trump flat out won the electoral college.

Not sure what this has to do with it either.

I think you entirely missed my point. My post brought up gerrymandering. Both Bush and Trump lost the popular vote, yet they both got into office anyways. Because the combination of the long-ago unneeded Electoral College and heavy gerrymandering efforts have given the Republicans a built-in advantage. Which makes the ongoing whining of Republicans everywhere that they're persecuted against pretty dumb.

Says you. Citation needed.

Yeah, statements like this are obviously opinions. I don't need to cite anything other than myself. I do feel pretty confident, though, that Trump, McConnell, et al will no be looked upon favorably in future texts.

If you don't see the bias in the media, then I don't know what to tell you. Here is one example to look for. Trump wonders, or speculates about something, and the media always adds the words 'without evidence Trump says...'. The guy can not even speculate without the press jumping all over him.

If Trump doesn't want the media to preface his words with "without evidence," then, and try to stick with me on this one, he ought to stop his nearly daily bloviating on all manner of things without evidence. Fact-checking is only biased against liars.

--

You realize we are in the middle a pandemic, right?

I do. Nowhere in that post did I make any comment on the factors behind the job numbers. Nor did I even make any comment on whether I thought it was valid to knock Trump for those numbers. I quite clearly said that those numbers probably explained Trump's sudden escalation of attacks on Biden. That's it. That's all I said.

So I guess you believe he should not have shut down the country.

When did he shut down the country? Last I looked, we've still got, by far, the world's highest number of cases and deaths, largely due to the hesitation of leadership, both nationally and in many of the currently hardest-hit states, to take the necessary steps to "shut down" in any meaningful sense.

huskeR32 says, "No lockdowns, everyone keep working!"

Wildly missing the mark here.

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, I hate it when it happens to me, but what else do you mean?

I meant what I said. Which at the time of your decidedly misguided response here was nothing more than "I bet Trump started attacking Biden because he's worried about how the job numbers will look." Everything else you responded to was imaginary.

Black swan events are, by nature, unprecedented. This too shall pass.

It could have largely passed a long time ago, with many fewer deaths, if we had any sort of consistent leadership in this country.

--

lmao, it was almost like there were orders to stay at home and businesses closed as such.

Whatever it takes to say orange man bad...

See above. You're trying to have the same imaginary argument that Chrunch is.

Last edited:
Really then? So in the case of the airline business, how does one prevent these business from losing millions every single day while flying at most 66%? Social distancing + mask enforcement along with constant sanitizing still will not give a positive cash flow.

But it's okay though, airlines, restaurants and many other service industries saw this coming and they're all in top shape...
Oh no, the economy! Can't let that die. But humans? Sure they can die as long as the economy is okay. Right?

Replying to a post on the America thread.

I've seen complaints online about the recent Virginia mass mailing of ballots in which pets and dead people received registration forms. How much of a problem is this really? Do you know of any recorded instances in which pets and dead people have recorded fraudulent mail in votes?

I did find this one instance of fraud in a different state in which a WV mail carrier altered Democrat votes to Republican last month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/us/politics/west-Virginia-election-fraud.html

Replying to a post on the America thread.

I've seen complaints online about the recent Virginia mass mailing of ballots in which pets and dead people received registration forms. How much of a problem is this really? Do you know of any recorded instances in which pets and dead people have recorded fraudulent mail in votes?

I did find this one instance of fraud in a different state in which a WV mail carrier altered Democrat votes to Republican last month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/us/politics/west-Virginia-election-fraud.html

Across the country? I'm not sure how much of a problem it is, but I can't imagine it's much. I've only ever voted via a mail-in ballot here in Utah, so I'm not sure what precautions are taken in other states. I assume you still have to sign your ballot and that's matched up to your voter's registration. I think if you sent in a ballot for your pet, it'd be found out pretty quick.

Back