The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Trump.

Meanwhile Bidon's handlers won't even let the press ask him any questions

EffWPbuVAAE0vps

Nationwide attendance for a Trump boat parade & all it could muster was 2,000 boats to attempt a world record, despite a NMMA-reported 12 million registered watercraft in the country.

779e913b7a6ea3148570e30c11bffd78.jpg
A bunch of the West coast boats were stuck in the Panama canal.

"Thousands & thousands".
“People are coming from all over the place," he said. "We’re coming from the East Coast, they’re coming from the south, they’re coming from Orlando. We’ve got the original Trump boat here, he came up from West Palm Beach. We got people coming from South Carolina, all over the place to represent Trump and to support his effort."

Gephart believes they had close to 2,000 boats out on the water. They will know whether or not they broke the record after officials have a chance to review the footage.

"Trump sums up his usual lying in 1 minute" - correct statement.

"Thousands & thousands".

"Trump sums up his usual lying in 1 minute" - correct statement.
You forgot to post the link to your article. Here it is.

Anyway, just in case you have been locked in your basement like, well, you know who, these boating things have been going on all summer. Thousands and thousands.

You forgot to post the link to your article. Here it is.
I didn't b/c nothing else in the article actually disproves the pathetic attempt by Trump & his supporters like yourself to grossly over-think a couple thousand boats is evidence of the "large silent majority in history".
Anyway, just in case you have been locked in your basement like, well, you know who, these boating things have been going on all summer. Thousands and thousands.
If I & 4 others make up 5 of a 1,000 people at 1 event, & then make up 5 of a 1,000 people at another event, that's not actually 2,000 individual people combined.

That's what your silly "thousands & thousands" claim is. It's the same Trump or die folks going from 1 gathering to another. The largest gathering of Trump supporters from across the nation only managed 2,000 boats to attempt a world record & we're supposed to believe there's actually thousands more is hilariously delusional.

I didn't b/c nothing else in the article actually disproves the pathetic attempt by Trump & his supporters like yourself to grossly over-think a couple thousand boats is evidence of the "large silent majority in history".

If I & 4 others make up 5 of a 1,000 people at 1 event, & then make up 5 of a 1,000 people at another event, that's not actually 2,000 individual people combined.

That's what your silly "thousands & thousands" claim is. It's the same Trump or die folks going from 1 gathering to another. The largest gathering of Trump supporters from across the nation only managed 2,000 boats to attempt a world record & we're supposed to believe there's actually thousands more is hilariously delusional.
So what you are saying is, that these people, on the Gulf coast of Florida, they are the same people that are doing them all over the country. They are doing them in New Jersey, then popping off to San Diego, doing them in the Carolinas, then off to Lake Charles, these are some really busy people, I gotta say.

As to the silent majority, there is a reason Fox News creams CNN and MSNBC in the ratings every night. Hell, even dumb ass Sean Hannity beats Maddow, and she is their highest rated host. A full half of of the top ten radio programs feature conservative hosts. In fact there is only one progressive host in the top 20 and his show is ranked 16th.

So what you are saying is, that these people, on the Gulf coast of Florida, they are the same people that are doing them all over the country. They are doing them in New Jersey, then popping off to San Diego, doing them in the Carolinas, then off to Lake Charles, these are some really busy people, I gotta say.
No, that's directly from the fellow Trumpsters like yourself.
As to the silent majority, there is a reason Fox News creams CNN and MSNBC in the ratings every night. Hell, even dumb ass Sean Hannity beats Maddow, and she is their highest rated host. A full half of of the top ten radio programs feature conservative hosts. In fact there is only one progressive host in the top 20 and his show is ranked 16th.
What a shame that doesn't mean anything. Your orange daddy already threw Fox under the bus, so what does its ratings have to do with the so-called "silent majority"?
Trump
And I don't believe that your -- first of all, the Fox polls, whoever does your Fox polls, they're among the worst.
Trump
I’m not a big fan of “Fox,” I’ll be honest with you. They’ve changed a lot since Roger Ailes. And I watch people like Swalwell, who I don’t even know, he goes on the show, he got less than 1 percent, all of a sudden he’s on – being interviewed for endless hours –

What a shame that doesn't mean anything.
It shows there is much more demand for conservative content than progressive content. If there wasn't, those shows would not be the highest rated shows.
Your orange daddy already threw Fox under the bus, so what does its ratings have to do with the so-called "silent majority"?
I don't see what that has to do with anything. You realize the guy complains a lot, right? Fox's evening lineup is not news, it is made up of conservative opinion shows, the most popular opinion shows on tv. And again, they would not be the most popular if there were not a higher demand for them.

Across the country? I'm not sure how much of a problem it is, but I can't imagine it's much. I've only ever voted via a mail-in ballot here in Utah, so I'm not sure what precautions are taken in other states. I assume you still have to sign your ballot and that's matched up to your voter's registration. I think if you sent in a ballot for your pet, it'd be found out pretty quick.
New York is still trying to figure out their primary from June 23rd.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

Ever four years, I take the day off from work the day after the presidential election so I can stay up late and watch the results. I thought the 2000 election was bad, but if dems get their way with nationwide mail in voting it will be a nightmare.

Your state does it, but they are prepared for it. Other states aren't

I don't see what that has to do with anything.
Exactly: the ratings have nothing to do with the Trump's "silent majority".

Your argument revolves around more people watch a few Fox opinion shows & therefore, claim there is more demand for conservative content. Yet by your own logic:
On MSNBC, “Deadline: White House” with Nicolle Wallace at 4 p.m. ET was No. 1 in total viewers across all of cable news for the second straight month, averaging 2 million viewers and edging out Fox News’ 1,700,000 and CNN’s 1,400,000 million. CNN had its most-watched July in 40 years and was in first place in the key age demographic of 25 to 54 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., averaging 304,000 viewers in the demo. Fox News averaged 254,000 and MSNBC averaged 180,000.
At CNN, shows helmed by Erin Burnett, Jake Tapper and Brian Stelter were the top in the key demo for their respective time slots. Tapper’s “The Lead” beat Wallace’s “Deadline” on MSNBC in the 4 p.m. slot for the demo, pulling in 329,000 average viewers between 25 and 54. Fox News’ “Your World With Neil Cavuto” followed with 269,000 demo viewers and MSNBC’s “Deadline” had 251,000.
MSNBC had a primetime win, too: “The 11th Hour with Brian Williams” at 11 p.m. had its best monthly audience performance in the channel’s history, taking the top spot in the time slot with about 2,100,000 total viewers. Fox News had 2,000,000 and CNN brought in 1,100,000 in the same slot.

The issue with this stupid ass argument is that everyone technically wins & loses depending on time slots, targeted demographics, etc.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. People can stupidly consume things without there being a genuine demand for them.

Yep. Some people just leave their TV on all day, doesn't mean they actually watch it. This is especially true for news channels.

I've seen people start a movie even, and then just goof off doing dumb stuff on their phone instead of watching it. Maybe the movie wasn't entertaining enough, I don't know, but it would make sense to turn it off at that point. :lol:

Yep. Some people just leave their TV on all day, doesn't mean they actually watch it. This is especially true for news channels.

I've seen people start a movie even, and then just goof off doing dumb stuff on their phone instead of watching it. Maybe the movie wasn't entertaining enough, I don't know, but it would make sense to turn it off at that point. :lol:
Odd that they leave it on Fox and walk away, but not CNN or MSNBC. That is still saying something.

More people are tuning into Tucker Carlson and walking away than to CNN and MSNBC combined.

I'm glad you guys think this way. You already know Biden is going to win in a landslide. If you don't show up to vote, it's no big deal. Go celebrate Taco Tuesday at your favorite Mexican restaurant instead.

People always slow down to look at a car wreck, especially when it's a rather nasty one, that doesn't mean they are good.

The issue with this stupid ass argument is that everyone technically wins & loses depending on time slots, targeted demographics, etc.
It is prime time that matters. That is when most normal people are home from work and are watching TV
Not really. It doesn't matter what channel it's on, it's still an inaccurate measurement either way.
Tell that to the advertisers who pay based on those numbers.

Anyway, I am done with this argument. If you guys aren't smart enough to see that high ratings means more interest in that content I am truly flabbergasted and don't know what to say.

It is prime time that matters. That is when most normal people are home from work and are watching TV
Tell that to the advertisers who pay based on those numbers.

Anyway, I am done with this argument. If you guys aren't smart enough to see that high ratings means more interest in that content I am truly flabbergasted and don't know what to say.

People that work evenings aren't normal people? Not everybody has a 9-5 job.

Ratings aren't hard to figure out really. You've got one conservative channel vs. dozens of other outlets and conservatives won't watch anything else but Fox. More open minded people will switch around and watch several different things.

It is prime time that matters. That is when most normal people are home from work and are watching TV.

Nah, you're done with this argument b/c you're not smart enough to stop with this disrespectful notion that anyone who doesn't fit your view on life, isn't "normal".

Normal people don't come up with abysmal logic like anyone whose not "home from work & watching TV" must be some liberal (since we all know that's what you mean by "normal").

Last edited:
People that work evenings aren't normal people? Not everybody has a 9-5 job.
I said most, not all.
Ratings aren't hard to figure out really. You've got one conservative channel vs. dozens of other outlets and conservatives won't watch anything else but Fox. More open minded people will switch around and watch several different things.
OK, Good for you being an open minded citizen. Biden is going to win in a landslide, so you don't really need to vote.

New York is still trying to figure out their primary from June 23rd.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

Ever four years, I take the day off from work the day after the presidential election so I can stay up late and watch the results. I thought the 2000 election was bad, but if dems get their way with nationwide mail in voting it will be a nightmare.

Your state does it, but they are prepared for it. Other states aren't

It's only going to be a nightmare if Trump succeeds with dismantling the USPS, which will delay ballots. As soon as the conventions are done with and the deadline to get on ballots is passed, there's no reason states can't mail out ballots early. I think the latest date is with Kentucky sometime in the first week of September, so why can't states just start sending out ballots the second or third week of September? That would give voters ample time to complete it, mail it in or drop it off, and have their vote counted.

I don't understand why anyone is in favour of limiting who can vote. If you're registered, you should be able to vote and it should be incredibly easy to do so. You shouldn't have to wait in line, you shouldn't need to be around a bunch of people during a health crisis, and you should be able to have all the time to sit down and research the candidates one by one if you want too.

The only reason any politician, from whatever party, wants to limit who can vote is due to their own fear that they'll lose the election. Gerrymandering is the same thing, and it's BS as well.

It's only going to be a nightmare if Trump succeeds with dismantling the USPS, which will delay ballots. As soon as the conventions are done with and the deadline to get on ballots is passed, there's no reason states can't mail out ballots early. I think the latest date is with Kentucky sometime in the first week of September, so why can't states just start sending out ballots the second or third week of September? That would give voters ample time to complete it, mail it in or drop it off, and have their vote counted.

I don't understand why anyone is in favour of limiting who can vote. If you're registered, you should be able to vote and it should be incredibly easy to do so. You shouldn't have to wait in line, you shouldn't need to be around a bunch of people during a health crisis, and you should be able to have all the time to sit down and research the candidates one by one if you want too.

The only reason any politician, from whatever party, wants to limit who can vote is due to their own fear that they'll lose the election. Gerrymandering is the same thing, and it's BS as well.
The postal service isn't the problem. Processing the ballots is the problem. In my county 1.3 million people voted in 2016. We vote on electronic touch screens. There is a huge difference between compiling the data from a few thousand voting booths, to handling a pile of 1.3 million pieces of mail.

The postal service isn't the problem. Processing the ballots is the problem. In my county 1.3 million people voted in 2016. We vote on electronic touch screens. There is a huge difference between compiling the data from a few thousand voting booths, to handling a pile of 1.3 million pieces of mail.

That's why you start the process early to give ample time and you require all ballots that will be mailed in to be postmarked something like a week before the actual election day. You also place secure ballot drop boxes at city hall and allow for in-person voting up to a week before election day. Would it be time-consuming and more expensive than normal? Sure, but I feel like it would be worth it to ensure that a representative government actually represents all the people. Plus, states would come up with a better process by the time November 2021 rolls around.

As for electronic voting on a touch screen? Ya, I'd pass on that, even if it wasn't during a pandemic. All governments (city, state, federal) have shown they're not capable of securing electronic devices. I'd question that method over a piece of paper every single time. Every place I've ever voted in person I'm given a blank ballot, fill in little circles, and then feed it into a machine that scans it. Could it be tampered with? Yes, however, it seems a helluva lot more secure than what amounts to a tablet.

The UK has more voters than that, guess how many electronic voting machines are used?

None, every single vote is done on paper, regardless of if it’s in person or postal.

Not only is it perfectly possible, but it can be done in the space of a day.

The UK has more voters than that, guess how many electronic voting machines are used?

None, every single vote is done on paper, regardless of if it’s in person or postal.

Not only is it perfectly possible, but it can be done in the space of a day.

In Canada voting is done with a pencil & a paper ballot. The ballots are dropped into a box. Representatives from the major parties oversee the process & oversee the tabulation of the ballots at each poling station. It generally takes about half an hour from the end of voting for the votes to be counted. It's a very simple process. I believe the complication in the US comes from having multiple different things to vote for on the same ballot.

Latest Posts

Back