The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, just the one I've seen and linked is shorter
Just trying to be helpful. I suppose it would have been more helpful had I watched the videos, but I don't particularly care for CNN and I wasn't willing to go that far.

:lol:

Just trying to be helpful. I suppose it would have been more helpful had I watched the videos, but I don't particularly care for CNN and I wasn't willing to go that far.

Here you go. Jordan Klepper: in the trenches with stupidity.

Here you go. Jordan Klepper: in the trenches with stupidity.

Not available as above, but I'm aware of that sort of content. Some aggressively stupid people are featured, but it's also nutpicking. Like Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" or Jimmy Kimmel's "Lie Witness News," this sort of stuff isn't likely to be representative.

Edit: It might be more representative than those other examples.

Last edited:
Not available as above, but I'm aware of that sort of content. Some aggressively stupid people are featured, but it's also nutpicking. Like Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" or Jimmy Kimmel's "Lie Witness News," this sort of stuff isn't likely to be representative.

Edit: It might be more representative than those other examples.
Yup, nutpicking fallacy. Fun though. Is it bad that they all remind me of my Dad? Yup, I think that's bad.

Yeah - the regional restrictions are hard to understand. FWIW, I can access the other link from Canada ... but there are sometimes links like that which I cannot.

Obviously heavily edited for comic effect (& to terrify us), but how unrepresentative of the crowd at these Trump rallies is it actually? Would you choose to show up at a rally that was festooned with with flags, posters & T-shirts like that if you didn't believe in the same stuff? Perhaps Danoff can check with his dad?

Yeah - the regional restrictions are hard to understand. FWIW, I can access the other link from Canada ... but there are sometimes links like that which I cannot.

Obviously heavily edited for comic effect (& to terrify us), but how unrepresentative of the crowd at these Trump rallies is it actually? Would you choose to show up at a rally that was festooned with with flags, posters & T-shirts like that if you didn't believe in the same stuff? Perhaps Danoff can check with his dad?
My Dad went on a rant about how Joe Biden's FBI probably orchestrated January 6th (you read that right) via ANTIFA, and the CIA, to embarrass Donald Trump, despite having rigged that election. He went on to call the riot a "sit in", and said that a few bad actors (which were ANTIFA or the CIA, or FBI dressed as ANTIFA dressed as right-wingers) were responsible for riling up the peaceful America-loving patriots that showed up to protest the stolen election.

I'd half expect to see both him and my mom on the daily show at that event. I actually had to ask him point blank if he was at the capitol. I wonder if he would have been if he had not been recovering from COVID-19 at the time.

So yea... I think it's actually quite representative.

Edit:

This is a completely separate rant from his rant about critical race theory being a Chinese Marxist takeover.

Last edited:
Yup, nutpicking fallacy. Fun though. Is it bad that they all remind me of my Dad? Yup, I think that's bad.
Yeah, it's fun. That wasn't necessarily a dig at nutpicking itself, mind you. It's just best taken in for comedic value because it's not likely to be representative; I shudder to think how much hits the cutting room floor.

I loved "Jay Walking." I mean...you're walking through Burbank with a camera and talking to people, a good number of whom are likely to be at least a little off. "Headlines" was also fun, but Dave was my preferred late night bozo.

Uh-oh...The Toyes again.

Yeah, it's fun. That wasn't necessarily a dig at nutpicking itself, mind you. It's just best taken in for comedic value because it's not likely to be representative
Is it not representative though? There was a time when such outlandish views might have been outliers ... but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. The very fact that tens of millions of Americans believe that the 2020 election was "stolen" & that Trump was a great President undermined by "deep state Marxists", that the Capitol rioters were "patriots" ... all that stuff is so inherently outlandish that I'm not sure the Klepper interviews are that unrepresentative. It's like Trump has lifted up a rock & the hidden nuttiness has crawled out into the daylight.

Is it not representative though? There was a time when such outlandish views might have been outliers ... but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. The very fact that tens of millions of Americans believe that the 2020 election was "stolen" & that Trump was a great President undermined by "deep state Marxists", that the Capitol rioters were "patriots" ... all that stuff is so inherently outlandish that I'm not sure the Klepper interviews are that unrepresentative. It's like Trump has lifted up a rock & the hidden nuttiness has crawled out into the daylight.
I rarely speak in absolutes, but you do you.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

The very fact that tens of millions of Americans believe that the 2020 election was "stolen"
Recently there were some poll results saying that most Republicans believe that it's absolutely necessary to believe in the stolen election to be considered Republican. I'm still trying to grasp that this is the reality we live in...

Just reading through that article from the tweet. It's hard to process that Americans complain about the Democrats being fascist and communist. I'm 1000% sure that most of these people have no effing idea what it means to live in communism. I'm fortunately not old enough to have tasted IRL fascism but I tasted communism - and no, the current US doesn't even get close to that. This effing nuts are crying wolf and I desperately hope that they and we don't get an actual taste of that because they wouldn't like it for sure...

I'm going to make sure I get citizenship ASAP and vote against these disastrous idiots...

EDIT: I'm more and more certain that this whole extreme individual liberty idea got seriously to people's heads here in the US in a very-very-very bad way.

Last edited:
Recently there were some poll results saying that most Republicans believe that it's absolutely necessary to believe in the stolen election to be considered Republican. I'm still trying to grasp that this is the reality we live in...
That's the Trump Effect. It's hard to accept that the arrival on the political scene of a career huckster is all that it took to create this extreme scenario ... but that's where we seem to be.

It's likely an existential thing. The current platform (by which I mean all of it, including the culture war pandering and grievance loops, and not just vague notions of small government and fiscal responsibility to which they don't adhere anyway) doesn't work but for a minority of the population, and not a bare minority either, so you have to believe these lies and support measures to marginalize votes (votes that may even be from the base but within a population likely to vote for the opposition), or worse, otherwise the party ceases to exist.
Just reading through that article from the tweet. It's hard to process that Americans complain about the Democrats being fascist and communist. I'm 1000% sure that most of these people have no effing idea what it means to live in communism. I'm fortunately not old enough to have tasted IRL fascism but I tasted communism - and no, the current US doesn't even get close to that. This effing nuts are crying wolf and I desperately hope that they and we don't get an actual taste of that because they wouldn't like it for sure...
Take that which you don't like and associate with it that which is generally accepted as bad so that others not necessarily inclined to oppose that which you don't like might end up doing so.

Last edited:
Take that which you don't like and associate with it that which is generally accepted as bad so that others not necessarily inclined to oppose that which you don't like might end up doing so.
That's too long for a bumper sticker. I did some searching for a cleaner way to say this, and the closest thing I came up with was "guilt by association", which is not entirely right. Because it's not really associated. Maybe it's guilt by artificial association.

Only Kirk could try to tackle that question by denouncing violence yet also saying, "It's the Liberals' fault the right-wing nutjobs want to kill them".
Not only, but I get what you mean.

For the election coming up, Colorado is doing what it always does, mails out ballots to everyone, but still allows voting in person, or returning your ballot by mail or through a drop box. I once again (as I have many times now) filled out my ballot from the comfort of my own home - researching the issues at my desk. Dropping off my ballot in a drop box did not require opening my car door or waiting in line.

Afterward I received a confirmation email letting me know my ballot was received, and then another a few days later letting me know that it was verified and will be counted. What is not to love about this system? My understanding (I've said this before, but I'm just saying it again) is that a nearly identical system works in Utah as well, and hasn't magically turned the state blue.

Last edited:
For the election coming up, Colorado is doing what it always does, mails out ballots to everyone, but still allows voting in person, or returning your ballot by mail or through a drop box. I once again (as I have many times now) filled out my ballot from the comfort of my own home - researching the issues at my desk. Dropping off my ballot in a drop box did not require opening my car door or waiting in line.

Afterward I received a confirmation email letting me know my ballot was received, and then another a few days later letting me know that it was verified and will be counted. What is not to love about this system? My understanding (I've said this before, but I'm just saying it again) is that a nearly identical system works in Utah as well, and hasn't magically turned the state blue.
This system sounds pretty good to me. I don't know how it works out here in Pennsylvania but I'm eager to find it out. Not sure whether I can obtain the citizenship before the 2022 midterms though, we'll see. But I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure I can vote in the future.

I'm going to make sure I get citizenship ASAP and vote against these disastrous idiots...

EDIT: I'm more and more certain that this whole extreme individual liberty idea got seriously to people's heads here in the US in a very-very-very bad way.
Have you considered Canada?

Texas & Florida are very upset with you, now.

Not yet tbh. I'm eligible for US citizenship next year, so that's the first thing to get. Never say never though. Does Canada allow dual citizenship in general?
Yes. I have Canadian & British citizenship. Ironically, I am currently applying for Hungarian citizenship.

Yes. I have Canadian & British citizenship. Ironically, I am currently applying for Hungarian citizenship.
Right, I think we discussed it :) As long as you have a single grand- or maybe even great-grandparent who was Hungarian, it shouldn't be an issue.

This system sounds pretty good to me. I don't know how it works out here in Pennsylvania but I'm eager to find it out. Not sure whether I can obtain the citizenship before the 2022 midterms though, we'll see. But I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure I can vote in the future.
But that system makes it too easy for the wrong people to vote.
Texas & Florida are very upset with you, now.
See these two states, among many others.

Back