The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not surprised in general, given that - as we discussed - Republicans think it should be part of their GOP identity to say that Trump won, no matter the reality. However, I can't fathom this:

For comparison, only 16 percent of Democrats and 27 percent of independents said they think the election results should be overturned.
Who are these people, especially the registered Democrats who would even remotely consider overturning an election that was many-many times was proofed as legitimate???

:lol:
Yesterday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson unveiled a dramatic trailer for his new special, one which will reveal the “true story” behind the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

In it, he drops real truths like: Americans are being held in Guantanamo Bay for their participation in the riot (not true); that a new “war on terror” has been launched against right-wingers (not true); and that it was a false flag attack (ehhh…. probably not true). The trailer was resoundingly panned.

But there is one truth from the trailer that needs to get out there. Fox News is not involved in this documentary.

Carlson is Fox News’ most popular host, the anchor of its primetime show, the most-watched show on cable news. But this documentary about Jan. 6 is not a Fox News joint.

In our story, the Daily Dot did not mention that the show had Fox News’ backing, just that it was being released by Carlson. We did mention that one prominent conservative called out Fox News’ personalities over it, asking them to denounce it.

But after we ran it, Fox News emailed the Daily Dot with an “Update Request.”

It said at the top of the email “not for publication,” but as PR teams know, you need to agree on the conditions of publication of information before it is provided. The Daily Dot did not agree to Fox’s demand when it was sent this quote, and thus is not bound by the request.

Plus, you should know that even Fox News wants to distance itself from Carlson’s documentary, which claims patriots are being “purged” by the federal government.

“Can you please add so it’s clear that these new episodes are for FOX Nation? The subscription based streaming platform that is behind a paywall. I don’t see that noted anywhere in the piece. Tucker Carlson Originals is not for the channel.”

So there you have it. You must pay and subscribe to Fox Nation to watch the documentary, because Fox News will not be airing it. We want to be clear about that.

We have updated our original piece.

This kind of thing feeds the conspiracy that the FBI was ignoring warnings because they were planning the whole thing #deepstate. That, of course, doesn't make a ton of sense because the warnings were not about FBI plans, but about right-wing activity on the Parler site.

This kind of thing feeds the conspiracy that the FBI was ignoring warnings because they were planning the whole thing #deepstate. That, of course, doesn't make a ton of sense because the warnings were not about FBI plans, but about right-wing activity on the Parler site.
Yeah so I'm certain there's a narrative alleging Parler did the normal right thing and alerted the FBI to a harmful element on the platform and the FBI ignored it because acting may have compromised their operation.

I don't know what the FBI is supposed to have investigated, but I'm given to understand its investigation lasted just a day before determining there was no credible or actionable threat. It may very well have been deemed to be hyperbolic.

"I mean sure I broke the law when I entered the Capitol illegally but I'm being punished because the media doesn't like that I exercised my right to free speech on Twitter. The moral is don't use Twitter."

"I mean sure I broke the law when I entered the Capitol illegally but I'm being punished because the media doesn't like that I exercised my right to free speech on Twitter. The moral is don't use Twitter."
CandidDentalBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Needs more jail time.

Edit:

And before anyone gets in here and says I'm suggesting she stay in jail longer because she needs punishing, it's not that. I think she's a genuine danger to society, and that 60 days is not going to be enough time to protect the rest of us from her. If anything, she's getting more and more insurrectiony.

Last edited:
CandidDentalBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Needs more jail time.

Edit:

And before anyone gets in here and says I'm suggesting she stay in jail longer because she needs punishing, it's not that. I think she's a genuine danger to society, and that 60 days is not going to be enough time to protect the rest of us from her. If anything, she's getting more and more insurrectiony.
In the judges' words: “A defendant who believes she is immune from strict punishment because of her race and physical appearance may reoffend because the consequences for wrongdoing will never, in the defendant’s mind, be severe even when severity is merited,”

White privilege fail.

And it continues....

I'd say Gosar has gotten increasingly bonkers, but to be fair its now par for the course, which is not something I ever thought I would say in regard to someone posting videos fantasizing about killing your co-workers!
Odds are nothing will happen to him because of course nothing will happen to him.

And it continues....

I'd say Gosar has gotten increasingly bonkers, but to be fair its now par for the course, which is not something I ever thought I would say in regard to someone posting videos fantasizing about killing your co-workers!
Firstly, that would seem like it could be a problem for safety in the workplace laws. I don't know what they're specifically called in the US, but if one of your colleagues is posting videos about killing you that seems like reasonable grounds for feeling unsafe at work. There are jobs where the potential for injury or death is a reasonably expected part of it, but politician probably isn't and shouldn't be one of them.

Secondly, I can't imagine that the use of the AoT footage is fair use in any form. Funimation should probably be going after him for this, as I can't imagine it's the sort of association that they want for their commercial product.

From I've gathered, Gosar depicting himself as Eren Yeager has unknowingly painted himself as someone the fan base has had divided reception to. Here's a fan that basically sums up the irony of this video. Putting it in spoilers since the show is in its last season & these events seem to be recent.
Several characters in the show can transform into "titans" (the monsters AOC and Biden were depicted as), including literally the protagonist (who Gosar edited himself onto) and Annie (who in this vid is MTG, doubly funny because Annie is actually plotting against the heroes for most of the show) and eren later goes on to basically become the villain of the story, including killing 80% of the worlds population.

Last edited:

FD7GzERX0AUkoxY.png

Also, Capitol attack participant Scott Fairlamb, a former MMA fighter and gym owner from New Jersey, was sentenced yesterday to just shy of three-and-a-half years in prison for his actions on the day, which included assaulting a cop.
Secondly, I can't imagine that the use of the AoT footage is fair use in any form. Funimation should probably be going after him for this, as I can't imagine it's the sort of association that they want for their commercial product.
Yes, please, if only for the bad first amendment takes that would surely follow.

This is normal right?

Whiny little bitch who got beat so bad by a possibly senile old man that he compelled an army of the ****tiest people on the planet to the United States Capitol, like a perfidious pied piper, with the aim to disrupt a joint session of Congress during which the election he lost was to be certified now using his blog to recount his adventures LARPing world leader? That?

Isn't that, like, illegal?
Is this what you're referring to?
Logan Act
§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Last edited:
Is this what you're referring to?
I figured there had to be something, because while Trump may have been part of the government he isn't now. Generally governments frown upon private citizens carrying out diplomacy on their behalf without their express approval, for pretty obvious reasons.

I'm sure there's a fine and probably very hard to pin down line between "carrying out diplomacy" and "just meeting with some people to be supportive", but one would assume normally that people would steer very clear of anything that looked like interfering with the government or acting in a manner that would suggest that they had assumed ambassadorial dutes without authorisation. Like not using the word "ambassador", which has a pretty specific formal meaning.

Funimation should probably be going after him for this, as I can't imagine it's the sort of association that they want for their commercial product.
If they treat this like they treat TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Z Abridged, they'll go nuclear about it.

Complete psycho.
In an interview for a new book about the end of his presidency, Trump was asked by ABC’s Jonathan Karl if he was worried about Pence’s safety during the riot. After storming the Capitol in an attempt to stop the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory, supporters chanted “Hang Mike Pence!” Pence and his family were forced to evacuate the Capitol.

"No, I thought he was well-protected, and I had heard that he was in good shape,” Trump told Karl, according to audio obtained by Axios.
Trump added: “Well, the people were very angry.”

“They were chanting, ‘Hang Mike Pence,’” Karl said.

Because it’s common sense, Jon,” Trump shot back, before launching into a full-throated attack on Pence for not helping him overturn the election results and steal the election.

:lol:

Edit: Original tweet's still up and, predictably, people are dunking on it and those in the replies who bought it.

The sad thing is that the tweet's likely still up because the base has bought into it so completely. They've been conditioned and they're unlikely to question it even as new evidence comes in to contradict the claim.

Back