The GTPlanet Barclays Premier League 2010/2011 thread

United 10 points above Arsenal right now, after 2-0 win with Fulham. If Gunners don't win tomorrow at Bloomfield Rd, title will probably be United's, unless something inexplicable happens.

United 10 points above Arsenal right now, after 2-0 win with Fulham. If Gunners don't win tomorrow at Bloomfield Rd, title will probably be United's, unless something inexplicable happens.

Well I am usually Optimistic when it comes to our title chances But even if we did win Tomorrow ,the F.A are already carving United's name on the Trophy.:(

e F.A are already carving United's name on the Trophy.
By exaggerated (imo) bans on Ferguson and Rooney? :sly:

Who do you think will be relegated this season? I think:
20. Wigan
19. Blackpool
18. Wolves

Who do you think will be relegated this season? I think:
20. Wigan
19. Blackpool
18. Wolves

Before the start of the season I had West Ham, West Brom and Blackpool to go down, but West Brom have been a lot better lately under Roy Hodgson and that has probably saved them. So now I'll go for:-

20. Wigan
19. West Ham
18. Blackpool

Some another bad decisions by officials this weekend. To start with, I must admit that Berbatov's goal was offside. That wouldn't probably alter the course of the game. But if Howard Webb saw that Al-Habsi was fouled and disallowed Malouda's goal, things could go differently, deadlock might have not be broken. And on Sunday, Koscielny's foul was clear and obvious. And this happened with the score 1-2, so game on. BTW: it would get interesting if Lehman got sent off (but ref decided to play advantage) and one of outfield players got the gloves. Any guesses who could it be? I'd guess RvP

Played liverpool, good win against a good city side, shame Tevez was pulled off with hamstring injury though, might have added some more spice to the game. Carroll's first goals for the club were good too, nice half volley from outside the box for the first.

Some another bad decisions by officials this weekend. To start with, I must admit that Berbatov's goal was offside. That wouldn't probably alter the course of the game. But if Howard Webb saw that Al-Habsi was fouled and disallowed Malouda's goal, things could go differently, deadlock might have not be broken. And on Sunday, Koscielny's foul was clear and obvious. And this happened with the score 1-2, so game on. BTW: it would get interesting if Lehman got sent off (but ref decided to play advantage) and one of outfield players got the gloves. Any guesses who could it be? I'd guess RvP

There was the same Incident in an Italian match on the same day We played Blackpool ,the Ref Gave the Penalty but only awarded the Keeper a yellow card as there is a point that had Campell rounded Jens ,Koscielnyy would have been able to challenge him .(That's How I understood it anyway).

Stunning Match by Liverpool as well .

Why oh why didn't Ferguson play Hernandez from the start? Berbatov was rubbish today. Hernandez would score from his chances with his eyes closed and legs tied :ouch:
Overall, extremely disappointed with today's performance. In the second half, City were more aggressive, done more sliding tackles, it could be seen that they want trophy more. Now I hope they will be humiliated in the final :mad:

Predicted a United Humilliation of City.Carrick ,Berbatov and scholes let their fans down really.Now let's Beat some mersysiders

Amazing conclusion at yesterday's match between Arsenal and Liverpool. I feel bad for Arsenal, to be honest.

Maybe we should put sems on a suicide watch...

I think If I killed Wenger It wouldn't be called Murder (probably Public service)and here I am thinking it's over United drop Points again ,Honestly how bad can your team be not to win the title this year.Lets beat our Lovely Spurs (Old habits)

Probably sems haha, you'd probably be doing the Guns a favor.

Strong showing by Spurs in an absolute thriller today, they were unlucky not to take all 3 points even after going 3-1 down at one point. Arsenal came out well, but once again started to fall apart in the later stages. Bentner(sp?) going in didn't help either, what were you thinking Wenger?!?

Probably sems haha, you'd probably be doing the Guns a favor.

Strong showing by Spurs in an absolute thriller today, they were unlucky not to take all 3 points even after going 3-1 down at one point. Arsenal came out well, but once again started to fall apart in the later stages. Bentner(sp?) going in didn't help either, what were you thinking Wenger?!?

I did Actually mouth out like crazy with my whole family Sitting beside me when Bendy was coming on :embarrassed: .What can I say lets add this to the list of honours this season.

-)Winning the Emirates Cup
-)Becoming the first team to take the lead in the 98th minute of a 8 minute stoppage time and still not win
-)Blow a four goal lead in 20 minutes
-)Score without registring a single shot
-)Have all 4 goalkeepers out at the same time
-)add a year to make it 7 without trophies and still have the decency to increase Season ticket prices by 6.5 %

I could go on and on but the train I'll jump in front off is coming .

Looks like the Guns are done.
Hopefully sems train came on time :P

but no joke, hopefully there's some changes at the Emirates this summer. Its sad to see this continue.

increase Season ticket prices by 6.5 %
Under Glazer's ownership ticket prices rose even by 42%.
Now it's a two-horse race, and I'm fairly sure that it will be United who will win the Premier League. Unless they lose both to Arsenal and Chelsea, but that seems quite unlikely to me, since they played well against them this season. Huge match this Sunday, Arsenal - United. I'm optimistic, seeing how well United performed today at Schalke. But it has to be said that Schalke weren't too demanding opponent today.
Stoke 3 Wolves 0 - I won't be surprised to see Wolves in the Championship next season. Stoke are now safe and can concentrate on FA Cup final - I hope they'll win.

Stoke are now safe and can concentrate on FA Cup final - I hope they'll win.

I sure as hell don't. Am I right in thinking if Man City take it, the euro spot for the FA Cup winners instead go to the club in sixth place in the league? Probably Liverpool's only hope.

Bee
I sure as hell don't. Am I right in thinking if Man City take it, the euro spot for the FA Cup winners instead go to the club in sixth place in the league? Probably Liverpool's only hope.

Not exactly, it depends, if Man City win the FA Cup and qualify for the Champions League then the FA Cup runner up (Stoke) will get the Europa League place. If city don't qualify for the Champions League they take the Europa spot from the cup meaning there is an extra place available from the League. ( If City finish 5th it will go to the 6th place team ) If Stoke win the FA Cup they take the Europa spot.

All this creates a strange situation, if Stoke lose the cup final, it makes sense to then lose their League game against Man City so that they (Stoke) qualify for the Europa League.:crazy:

Damn Chelsea. Two goals which shouldn't have been. Now all Tottenham can hope for is Europa League.:ouch:

The pressure is on more than ever at the top of the table. I can't believe Arsenal beat Manchester United today. I'm happy for them as I don't care for United, but Arsenal hasn't looked great of late.

What a Bunch of 🤬 They just proven that when the Players feel like it they can beat anybody .The reason you 🤬 Lost the title is because of the other 🤬 games .Idiots really.

What an exciting start to the Chelsea vs man.u match, 12 minutes in, 1-0 to man.u.

Meh... by the 12 minute mark, the game had gone 11 minutes and 23 seconds without another goal.

I'm listening to the radio commentary... who are 'Manchunited'?

Back