The GTPlanet Barclays Premier League 2010/2011 thread

Game over 2-1 United. Great result, now they need only a point to get the trophy. And they're facing relegation candidates, so it's very unlikely they lose both games.

Oh yes, the title is ours, well mathematically not but 6 points clear, 2 games to go.......

Doesn't take a genius. 👍

If anyone was at the game, did JT do this:

john-terry-crying.jpg

👍

Wenger's stay at Arsenal has to be coming to an end. They have too much talent on their team to be where they are in the points.

I could barely believe how quickly Chicharito scored against Chelsea today. They looked terrible the first 30'.

Wenger's stay at Arsenal has to be coming to an end. They have too much talent on their team to be where they are in the points.

I could barely believe how quickly Chicharito scored against Chelsea today. They looked terrible the first 30'.

Nope ! ,Wenger as a Person can(and will)Stay But he must change himself He just said he will be on the Market ,it is not rocket science On Paper we are the best in reality we need 2 or 3 Experienced well known stars that know what it takes to win.

So the magical 18 has been serpassed well well wonder how Liverpool fans are taking it .

3-0 after what..... 20 minutes, but Fulham haven't been playing very well... I believe there was also a penalty claim, what an eventful half.

Well, every team has scored this weekend, second time this season (and second time in Premier League history). Now Liverpool fans think they'll be serious title contenders next season :rolleyes: But I have to admit that Liverpool still have the chance to finish 4th this season, therefore qualifying for Champions League football. I'd rather see the Reds there instead of City :mad:

Nice :D

...Now Liverpool fans think they'll be serious title contenders next season :rolleyes:

There were a lot of Liverpool fans who thought we were title contenders as soon as King Kenny took over...there are a lot of Liverpool fans who think we'll be title contenders every year!

We've got a very long way to go though.

But I have to admit that Liverpool still have the chance to finish 4th this season, therefore qualifying for Champions League football. I'd rather see the Reds there instead of City :mad:

Me too but I can't see it happening, I'll be more than happy with 5th if we get it as that seemed like a no hoper not that long ago.

Nice :D

There were a lot of Liverpool fans who thought we were title contenders as soon as King Kenny took over...there are a lot of Liverpool fans who think we'll be title contenders every year!

We've got a very long way to go though.

Me too but I can't see it happening, I'll be more than happy with 5th if we get it as that seemed like a no hoper not that long ago.
I'd prefer Liverpool were there instead of City too. The problem with City is that as soon as they can offer top players Champions League football, top players will be interested. They already have Tevez and Silva, two geniunely top players without being in the CL.Doesn't mean they'll win titles year after year, but I'd prefer them to not be in contention :).

Liverpool could struggle to be regular CL goers with the ammount of money United, City and Chelsea have. You're looking at Arsenal, Liverpool and maybe Tottenham if they can keep thier stars, fighting for the 4th CL spot. I do think Kenny is a good manager and I would be miffed if he wasn't given the job long term. Financially though Liverpool will need backing, you got that with Rafa but Rafa bought too many mediocre players, some of whom didn't play more than a handfull of games for the first team. those £4-5 Million purchases all added up.

I know a lot of United fans revel in Liverpool losing games etc, but truth be told most of us love the rivalry too much. We love to beat you, but we want you to be a good team when we do. That's what a great rivalry is all about and even though you haven't won the league for so long, you have been a good team throughout those years. You still are, just lost your way a bit in Rafa's latter years in charge and then under Roy who just wasn't the right man, likeable guy and not a bad manager, but not the right man.

I know a lot of United fans revel in Liverpool losing games etc, but truth be told most of us love the rivalry too much. We love to beat you, but we want you to be a good team when we do. That's what a great rivalry is all about and even though you haven't won the league for so long, you have been a good team throughout those years. You still are, just lost your way a bit in Rafa's latter years in charge and then under Roy who just wasn't the right man, likeable guy and not a bad manager, but not the right man.
I absolutely agree, the Premier League is somehow not the same when Liverpool isn't threatening.
Man City - Spurs tonight, I hope for a Spurs win.

I'd prefer Liverpool were there instead of City too. The problem with City is that as soon as they can offer top players Champions League football, top players will be interested. They already have Tevez and Silva, two genuinely top players without being in the CL.Doesn't mean they'll win titles year after year, but I'd prefer them to not be in contention :).

Liverpool could struggle to be regular CL goers with the amount of money United, City and Chelsea have. You're looking at Arsenal, Liverpool and maybe Tottenham if they can keep their stars, fighting for the 4th CL spot. I do think Kenny is a good manager and I would be miffed if he wasn't given the job long term. Financially though Liverpool will need backing, you got that with Rafa but Rafa bought too many mediocre players, some of whom didn't play more than a handfull of games for the first team. those £4-5 Million purchases all added up.

I know a lot of United fans revel in Liverpool losing games etc, but truth be told most of us love the rivalry too much. We love to beat you, but we want you to be a good team when we do. That's what a great rivalry is all about and even though you haven't won the league for so long, you have been a good team throughout those years. You still are, just lost your way a bit in Rafa's latter years in charge and then under Roy who just wasn't the right man, likable guy and not a bad manager, but not the right man.

Slightly late reply but I agree with everything you've said there. In my opinion our rivalry is more important than with Everton because it's taken as read we're better than them but beating and finishing above Man U is a much higher achievement as you are one of the top teams. Of course the rivalry isn't just confined to football but it is the focus of it and provides the best bragging rights. Truth be told both cities are very similar and as a rule I get on very well with most people from Manchester albeit with a large amount of ribbing. ;)

1 - 0 to City.

More good news (as I had no hope of 4th spot) :D 6 points up for grabs and we're 2 ahead of Tottenham, Sunday's game should be interesting! The Kop best be on form.

I'm resigned to the fact that City were always likely to clinch a spot in the Champions League, but I would have preferred Liverpool or Spurs over them any day of the week. Peter Crouch had the dubious honour of scoring the decisive goal for the second year in a row - albeit in favour of the wrong team this time :ouch:

Touring Mars
I'm resigned to the fact that City were always likely to clinch a spot in the Champions League, but I would have preferred Liverpool or Spurs over them any day of the week. Peter Crouch had the dubious honour of scoring the decisive goal for the second year in a row - albeit in favour of the wrong team this time :ouch:

Yeah I Agree, loved watching spurs in the champions league this season.

But Man City still can not qualify into group stages, they will need to go through two-leg match. And they could play Bayern Munich or Villareal, and they're both hard to beat. (assuming City won't overtake Arsenal in 3rd)

Manchester United have won Premier League title once again :cheers:
:bowdown: Sir Alex Ferguson
And as I type, Yaya Toure just put City ahead. Well, you can't have everything.

Great win for the Villa today in an otherwise abysmal season for us. Who'd have thought I'd be celebrating premier league survival with a game to go a year ago :ouch:

Now, where's Sems :D

Now, where's Sems
He's probably hung himself now :scared:
I'd be genuinely surprised if Avram Grant still was the manager after the summer. Millwall fans hired a light aircraft with the slogan "Avram Grant: a Millwall legend" and flew it over DW today. Wigan still have hope, they need a good result at Stoke, which is likely since Stoke have nothing to fight for anymore, since they have taken Europa League spot.
Great match at Blackpool yesterday, it'd be a shame if a team playing such entertaining football left Premier League. They're in drop zone and with a visit to Old Trafford, don't look like staying up. Birmingham are far from safety as well, they lost to Fulham today and next week they play at White Hart Lane, where Spurs need a win to seal Europa League spot.
Well done Newcastle, they played Chelsea three times this season, no defeats.
Next Sunday is going to be brilliant. 10 games at the same time and five teams still can be relegated. It will be probably the best Match of the Day this season. A brilliant season. According to OptaSports, the average number of goals/game this season so far is 2.79, level to the record in 1999/00.

He's probably hung himself now :scared:
I'd be genuinely surprised if Avram Grant still was the manager after the summer. Millwall fans hired a light aircraft with the slogan "Avram Grant: a Millwall legend" and flew it over DW today. Wigan still have hope, they need a good result at Stoke, which is likely since Stoke have nothing to fight for anymore, since they have taken Europa League spot.
Great match at Blackpool yesterday, it'd be a shame if a team playing such entertaining football left Premier League. They're in drop zone and with a visit to Old Trafford, don't look like staying up. Birmingham are far from safety as well, they lost to Fulham today and next week they play at White Hart Lane, where Spurs need a win to seal Europa League spot.
Well done Newcastle, they played Chelsea three times this season, no defeats.
Next Sunday is going to be brilliant. 10 games at the same time and five teams still can be relegated. It will be probably the best Match of the Day this season. A brilliant season. According to OptaSports, the average number of goals/game this season so far is 2.79, level to the record in 1999/00.

Blackpool atleast have a chance... they are scoring plenty of goals, and the good news is that they probably won't really be playing "Manchester United" next week, just a team that looks like them ;)

That said, Man Utd's 2nd string (or even 3rd string) will still be a good side, but I too would like to see Blackpool survive 👍

edit: Avram Grant has been sacked... :ill:

Stoke have nothing to fight for anymore, since they have taken Europa League spot.

Great match at Blackpool yesterday, it'd be a shame if a team playing such entertaining football left Premier League. They're in drop zone and with a visit to Old Trafford, don't look like staying up.

Stoke are playing Newport County in a friendly match soon (which I'm going to watch) , I wish they'd won the cup because they could've brought it with them.

For the first time ever I'm hoping for Man Utd to lose. I like Blackpool and the way Ian Hollaway handles the club, it'd be a shame to see them go down.

Latest Posts

Back