The GTPlanet Forza Race Mod thread.

• Thread starter VXR
  • 99 comments
Thanks dude, I saw that @SlipZtrEm was going to do it when I had finished the design and thought about stoping and going with a different one but I really liked the chrome :lol:.
That's alright, this looks fantastic! I did a similar thing with the Demio A-Spec's silver (turning it chrome). It's a nice touch, and considering the Touring Car DLC that GT5 got, I don't think it's a huge stretch to think PD would consider a similar move these days.

Last night, I got a bit more inspired to do create another Racing Mod. I was looking at SlipZtrEm's racing mod albums and I decided to make something similar to the Camaro Racing mod from Gran Turismo 1.
23065693806_3ad5dabcac_h.jpg

23065693726_ee0d63dac8_h.jpg

22699494029_bd30d89936_h.jpg

I've had it sitting in my garage in this colour since FM5, but never got around to putting the proper decals on. Super-basic, I'm just going to get one more done for the door, and a GT logo for the rear license plate insert, and then she'll be up (along with a tune that's been quite useful on the twistier tracks in A Class):

upload_2015-11-18_17-34-12.png

The Golf had a crazy number of variations in GT2. You'd have a big job ahead if you did them all!

upload_2015-11-20_17-46-5.png

Like @Frizbe's Eclipse, and my own 3, I've done a slight change and given the car a metallic base. I think it's a cool look, but I'll probably do a regular version as well.

The Golf had a crazy number of variations in GT2. You'd have a big job ahead if you did them all!
Yup, and despite that; I'm probably going to do the other 2 anyway. :lol:
Well, I first have to create some vinyl groups. I don't want to keep using other peoples decals.

Yup, and despite that; I'm probably going to do the other 2 anyway. :lol:
Well, I first have to create some vinyl groups. I don't want to keep using other peoples decals.

One of the fonts, I think it is the fourth from last, is pretty close to the Castrol logo from that era when given a few degrees of skew. I cheated and used that rather than make it from scratch.

VXR
One of the fonts, I think it is the fourth from last, is pretty close to the Castrol logo from that era when given a few degrees of skew. I cheated and used that rather than make it from scratch.
Yeah, I did that too when I made my castrol logo on FH2.

I think I'm more or less done with making the GT1 race mods for the time being. There are more, but they're either:
  • Going to be made on a car that wasn't actually in GT1 (like my existing Mazdaspeed 3 designs), or
  • Based on recognizable real-life liveries, which I'd rather just do (again, like one of the MS3 ones).
There are a few GT2 ones I'd like to try, but I think the next ones are likely to be the original influences of the Race Mods.

Last edited:
Well, It got imported eventually...

23495582675_0235f4fc22_z.jpg
23199808910_215a7ae555_z.jpg
23199808600_7bfe9508c5_z.jpg
23495582855_bcfb11d9d3_z.jpg

I used the keywords; RX7 Gran Turismo Race Mod

My gamertag is; motorforum

The front bumper needs to be the JUN one to line up with the Brembo and Japan decals. The hood works with all three options, but I like this one with the bonnet pins best.

Cheers.

WIP time.

There's several nice RMs for the Legacy wagon and saloon, so these will be released together once I've finished them all.

Here's the colourway I started with. Some of the sponsors on the GT model were just pixels for decoration, so I used creative license and added my own in the form of Racing Variant, Proud of Boxer and WRX, roughly in the same style as the original.

23002112573_a940d575a1_z.jpg
23520613172_4b8f3afed8_z.jpg
23629192445_70a8c1fa60_z.jpg

How do you get that GT logo?

You create it out of the basic shapes. It's not terribly difficult, though the bottom of the G is tricky.

I've got a GTPlanet logo done up as well that I really should get around to sharing...

@VXR - Great minds! I've had my eye on those ones for a while too, but wasn't sure which vehicle to stick them on. Looks great, that would've been my first colourway to work on as well.

Been away from this game for a while but keep this thread going gents and superb work.
I am still hoping someone will tackle some liveries from F355 and Ridge Racer.

Personally not only appreciate real life replicas but also iconic cars from gaming history.

Been away from this game for a while but keep this thread going gents and superb work.
I am still hoping someone will tackle some liveries from F355 and Ridge Racer.

Personally not only appreciate real life replicas but also iconic cars from gaming history.
I've really wanted to do some RR liveries but I can't find good enough photos to do them with.

You create it out of the basic shapes. It's not terribly difficult, though the bottom of the G is tricky.

I've got a GTPlanet logo done up as well that I really should get around to sharing...

@VXR - Great minds! I've had my eye on those ones for a while too, but wasn't sure which vehicle to stick them on. Looks great, that would've been my first colourway to work on as well.

Thank you, SlipZ. I thought about the hatch Impreza when it dawned on me the later 4-door version was in the game too.

My GT logo isn't very accurate at the bottom of the G, so I fully concur with that point, too.

After getting the F-Type R in a prize spin (For finishing the first volume) I decided to make this, based off the DB7 LM from GT1 and the Jaguar Project 7.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Search Project 7 in the storefront to use it. (GT: JR98 GAMING)

I haven't seen it posted here but I found a replica of the Race Modded RX-7 from GT2 on the storefront. Don't have a picture of it but it is pretty accurate. Just search GT2 in the storefront and there should be 2 RX-7 FD designs, one red and 1 green.

Video of it:

Back