The GTPlanet Summer Transfer Thread

United States
Mill Creek, WA
HighSeasHoMastr
HighSeasHoMastr
A place to discuss all the transfer rumors, speculation, and conformation from the world of football.

There's been some notable action already with Clichy joining Manchester City, Ashley Young going to Manchester United, and Charlie Adam signing with Liverpool, and I'm sure there's more to come.

To start things off, I'll make a list of some of the more prominent rumors that are currently circulating.

- Manchester United want to sign Wesley Sneijder and have reportedly been given the green light by Inter Milan to do so.

- Carlos Tevez wants to leave Manchester City. City have reportedly placed his price at £50 million. Roberto Manchini reportedly wants him gone ASAP.

- Chelsea were keen to sign Romelu Lukaku from Belgian side R.S.C. Anderlecht, but new manager Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly not as interested.

- Barcelona want to sign Cese Fabregas from Arsenal who have reportedly priced him at £35 million.

- Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri reportedly wants to join Manchester United, or at least leave Arsenal.

- John Arne Riise will join Fulham.

- Manchester United have been tipped to have interest in Bastian Schweinsteiger, but only if they fail to sign Samir Nasri or Wes Sneijder.

- Porto striker Falcao wants to join Chelsea.

- Arsenal will attempt to sign Karim Benzema from Real Madrid.

- Manchester City eyes £45 million to sign David Villa from Barcelona.

- Arsenal are attempting to sign Valencia winger Juan Mata

If anyone has any more juicy rumors, post 'em up!

Anyways, personally, I'd be thrilled if United can get Sneijder or Nasri (or both :drool:) and if Fabregas leaves the Guns, I hope they decide to spend to replace him, because I can't see anyone on the team right now who will step up to fill that hole (Rosicky lol?) in the midfield.
I also really hope that Lukaku gets a move to the BPL with someone (even Chelski), he's a fantastic player!
And Man City looks set for another spending spree...

-Riise already at Fulham, is he not?

-Mata will be at Arsenal next season most likely.

-I would love to see Sneijder in the premier league, just a shame it could be with united. I'm hoping Nasri stays at Arsenal but I think he'll be in a blue shirt next season, whether that be at man city or chelseas, god knows.

-No huge clubs are interested in Tevez apparently, I wouldn't be too surprised if he withdraws his previous statement of wanting to leave.

-Villa wont go to City.

-I doubt any players form porto will follow AVB to Chelsea.

Sunderland have done good business today, getting O'shea and Brown for a total of 6 million. I want to see more of this Savic who signed for man city, cant wait till pre season to see some of the new guys around the premier.

-Riise already at Fulham, is he not?

No, but his brother Bjorn Helge Riise does play for them. Although John Arne Riise doesn't play for Fulham, it looks likely that he will join them pretty soon as the club have agreed a fee with Roma.

Anyway, I'd be happy to see Wesley Sneijder join Man United, the same can be said about Nasri as well.

Cool thread. A lot of craziness has already happened. I'm an FC Porto fan so I wasn't happy about AVB leaving his coaching job after 1 absolutely awesome season, probably the best in Porto's history, to go coach at Chelsea. And it seems that Falcao might be following him with the possibility of Hulk as well. :indiff:
Porto CB Rolando was being linked to Juventus, Roma and even Chelsea so we'll see how that goes. I'm not a fan of him leaving this year though. Fernando is also set to leave. These are great players that will make excellent impacts at the big clubs and leagues. I think that most big South American players will be transferred only after the Copa America final. At least that's for sure on Falcao and a few other players that I know of.

Santos young star, Neymar, appears to want to stay at Santos but all these big clubs want him again. I doubt he'll stay at Santos another year.

Barca again after Cesc.... jeez.... just get it over with already! I'm tired of every summer and winter transfer season hearing how Barca want Cesc and Cesc want Barca. I can't stand Barca too so if Cesc goes over there I hope one of his injuries comes up and sidelines him long term. :drool:

For me, in the beginning of the La Liga season I wanted Benzema gone so bad that I didn't care where he went. But he seemed to found his form, playing the best footy for Madrid since he signed on, and now I want him to stay around. Higuain should be fit all season long so I'm hoping Real pick up the Santos kid.

Also as an Inter fan, it seems both Sneijder and Maicon might be seeing their way out the door. Tiaggo Motta also seems to be on his way out. The great Inter squad that Mou left behind has started to break apart. Even RB youngster Davide Santon claimed he wouldn't be at the San Siro next season.

Most don't look at the smaller leagues but I have to say that my FC Porto's contract extension with James and recent signings of Iturbe and Kleber... man... I can't wait for the season to start!!!!!

Lukaku is really talented, but not ready for Chelsea.
Maybe if they buy him it's best to lend him to a smaller team with less expectations.
Alot of young players coming from the Belgian league with high hopes and sometimes a big mouth, fail in England (except for Kompany, Fellaini and maybe a very few others).

Nice to see Arsene Wenger changing his Methods this season /sarcasm

He might be forced to change now that Nasri and Cesc appear to be on their way out. My cousin's bf is a huge Arsenal fan and he's been pretty grumpy talking about Arsenal these past few years. He didn't even want to talk about the end of last year and how his team started choking a bit. Can't say I blame him.

6 players joined real madrid
jus sayin'

It's not over yet either. I just read like right now that Neymar's agent stated he prefers Real over Barca, and both clubs want the kid. My biggest questionable signing so far for los blancos was Fabio Coentrao from Benfica. Love the kid and think personally he's a smidge better than Marcelo (Marcelo forgets to play defense sometimes) but both are VERY similar so why 2 FBs who favor the left side?

I'm a huge Mourinho supporter, have been since he joined Porto in 2002 and brought us glory for 2 straight years. He's said it at Inter and at Madrid 'give me at least 2 years'. Few dibbles in the 1st year transfer markets followed by big moves the 2nd. At Inter he only brought over Mancini, Muntari and the flop at the top Quaresma (talk about disappointment...)

Last edited:
Nasri been told they'll put his wages up to 120k a week if he stays at Arsenal, making him the highest paid player at the club.

Last edited:
Honestly let the 🤬 go .What is it with Diva Players ,Does he think his Leo Messi or something and why when any Arsenal Players (aside from a few)have a great season they demand a huge wage increase or they want out .

City want him and his wages .He can 🤬 Off then.

Comparing stuff here Arsenal have only signed Carl Jenkinson (Who)and Gervinho (:lol:)Funny they finished 4th last season While the champions have already signed one of the best young keepers a Very promising Defender and one of the best Wingers in the league .Arsene I am not against you but I am sure as hell not with you if you keep this up.

Honestly let the 🤬 go .What is it with Diva Players ,Does he think his Leo Messi or something and why when any Arsenal Players (aside from a few)have a great season they demand a huge wage increase or they want out .

City want him and his wages .He can 🤬 Off then.
I'm affraid that's the way things are going lately.
My favorite team (KRC Genk) was champion last season with alot of young homegrown players, and they're trying the best they can to keep them for one more season.
But money is a powerful thing so I'm affraid we're gonna lose alot of players

De Bruyne (Chelsea), Courtois (Chelsea), Anele (Trabzonspor), Vossen (alot of teams), and more unknown players to you guys probably.

The stress is killing me :ill: :D

I'm affraid that's the way things are going lately.
My favorite team (KRC Genk) was champion last season with alot of young homegrown players, and they're trying the best they can to keep them for one more season.
But money is a powerful thing so I'm affraid we're gonna lose alot of players

De Bruyne (Chelsea), Courtois (Chelsea), Anele (Trabzonspor), Vossen (alot of teams), and more unknown players to you guys probably.

The stress is killing me :ill: :D

Well Belgium have been really Producing some Astonishing Talent as of Late.So this will probably go on.Look at the bright side though atleast you don't have to go through champions league Qualifiers (Unlike some Teams ):ouch:

I can't believe that Modric is acting like this huge baby trying to force his way out of Tottenham. I can understand if there was a gentleman's agreement but if it's not on paper... then it doesn't count. Seems he'll be gone before the season starts. I think Spurs could really have used him but it's a shame he doesn't consider them a big club.

Chelsea confirmed Essien's latest knee injury will put him out for 6 months. Something tells me that Roman is opening his wallet up and will want to take more of my Porto players. Moutinho being a potential pick up for Essien, as well as Rolando, Falcao and maybe Hulk.

Last edited:
It's sad that I believe Wenger does good for Arsenal and could be the right man for the job but... Arsenal is trophy-less. I really thought last season that Arsenal would win the EPL but they choked so bad towards the end they dropped way too many points and lost big games. They play pretty footy but have troubles at times actually scoring. I'm amazed he still has his job, but if Arsenal goes on not winning anything this year, you better believe he's out the door.

And this was all with speculation that some of Arsenal's big players would be leaving this year. Nasri, Cesc Fabregas, etc.

Corinthians bid £35 Million for Tevez last night, which has been rejected. Also Chelsea has came in with an improved offer of £27 Million for Modric. You guys have probably seen all this already since it's all a day old, just thought the thread needed a bump.

@sems4arsenal
Comparing stuff here Arsenal have only signed Carl Jenkinson and Geriviniho

I suggest you watch a few videos of him, he sure does look brilliant, especially as no one has heard of him. He also looks like he has a single minded approach, so he will be confident about doing things on his own up front, which I feel is what we need.

As for Wenger leaving next season if we are trophyless, it will be said to say farewell to him, but I feel he is going to need to buy some excellent, experienced players (unlikely, I know) to win a trophy this season.:(

On a higher note, I'm going to the emirates this summer to watch the emirates cup against NY red bulls, so I will get a good look at the new transfers:)

Argentinian Forward and former member of the Disgraced River Plate Erick Lamela signed with Roma some days ago... I really want to see that kid playing... I've heard he's pretty good... 👍

Also, my favourite team, Juventus, seems to be interested in Carlos Tévez. I hope they can get him, since Toni and Del Piero aren't getting any younger... :dunce:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't really see anything about Souleymane Coulibaly, who's being pursued by teams Manchester United, Real Madrid and Arsenal and is being dubbed "New Drogba". I watched him at the U-17 World Cup and he was phenomenal. Any thoughts on where he might go?

As for Wenger leaving next season if we are trophyless, it will be sad to say farewell to him, but I feel he is going to need to buy some excellent, experienced players (unlikely, I know) to win a trophy this season.

To me Wenger is obviously doing exactly what the board want him to, if he wasn't they would have fired him already. Arsenal won't win anything again this year and Wenger will still keep his job. You are stuck with him, so you may aswell get used to it. :sly:

I can't believe Corinthians can actually pay that kind of money to ManCity... :scared:

I was shocked too and Man City don't seem to believe they can afford it either, hence the delay over the transfer.

Last edited:
Manchester City to make a bid for Aguero from Atletico Madrid in the next few days according to Mancini and SSN.

No one has mentioned that Jerome Boateng completed his move from Man City to Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee. Goalkeeper Shay Given has also left Man City and moved to Aston Villa as a replacement for Brad Friedel.

His reason for leaving, and I quote, "Bayern Munich are a bigger club" is madness. Manchester City have the financial backing to become european champions in the next 5 years or so, maybe even less and by that time Boateng could be around 26/27/28 mark and will be in or close to his prime.

The simple fact is that a lot of players are unwilling to take the chance on a club that might become big if the money stays interested when they have an offer from an established club.
Man City is a gamble right now. Sure, if the money stays around they're in a position to become a giant, but with the new financial fair play rules coming into effect, they're going to face challenges with maintaining a budget. Add to that the fact that the money could get bored and leave as fast as it came in, and City's position isn't as solid as it may appear. Bayern are a well established club with great history and a much more certain future, so I can see why he made the decision he did.

Also, Charlie Adam went to Liverpool 👎

Latest Posts

Back