The GTPlanet Summer Transfer Thread

Eto'o I believe is officially an Anzhi player in Russia, and is now the most expensive payed player in sports (from what a friend told me, still haven't read official confirmation yet)

Think he will get at the most £15 million a year!

Some recent updates... my Porto keeps getting dismantled. Uruguyan LB, Alvaro 'Palito' Perreira is apparenlty going to Chelsea. Porto's boss, PDC, wants the 30mil euro buyout paid while Chelsea is rumored to want to pay only 20mil euro.

In other news... my former Porto midfielder and one of my favorite players, Raul Meireles, is being rumored to go to Chelsea where Benayoun would go towards Liverpool. Deal apparently fell through. Personally, seeing as Meireles isn't starting at Liverpool AND SHOULD BE GAME IN AND GAME OUT, I'd rather him go somewhere he can get more play time. I think he would do just that at Chelsea. He was probably Liverpool's best player from mid season on and the pool fans loved him. And now he sits the bench mostly... :crazy:

Before any United fans Appear Arsene is busy doing some last ditch buys.yep better way way way late than never you french 🤬

Last day of transfers. Already some last minute deals but I think the biggest is yet to come. I think the market is officially open for another hour, if that, and some deals might be announced tomorrow.

Chelsea tried getting Alvaro Perreira from Porto by sending their new signing Lukaku on loan to Portugal, but due to rulings Lukaku has to stay put (can't play for 3 teams in 1 season).

Seems Modric is staying put at Spurs. I'm guessing January transfer he'll be offloaded since he doesn't want to be there.

Pedro Leon is on loan to Getafe from Real Madrid. I had a feeling that Mourinho didn't want him as he goofed up a few times last season during critical games.

Last days of transfers guys!

Lot's of activity!
Arsenal have got 3 new players!

Diego Forlan moved to Inter on a two year deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arsenal and Arteta rumors are what is is interesting but it maybe dead.Tottenham have signed Parker and might add benayoun and/or cahill.

Oh and new twitter account with no followers yet for me :D @Ali_Sems

Edit:5 Players ,still don't know why most gooners are jumping around for.Although I am Pleased with our defensive lineup.Arteta and Yossi don't scream Superstar and quality I wanted.

Arteta is an even more injury prone Fabregas.

Overall feelings are I am glad we did something but the best we can hope for is Top 4 and maybe a cup win. :indiff:

Last edited:
Raul Meireles submitted a transfer request within an hour of closing and is now a Chelsea player. I'm happy for him. I thought he was fantastic for Liverpool once playing in the positions he excels at and 'pool fans quickly fell in love with him. Under new coach he's been sitting on the bench or used as a sub (why????). Hopefully he'll get more play time at Chelsea. AVB will definitely use him there.

A lot of yesterdays transfers made no sense.:banghead: I'm glad I am a Man Utd fan.:)

Tottenham would have won without a doubt if they had just sold Modric to Chelsea for the 40 million they were offered, they could have brought in three good players for that money.💡

Cuco33, I see you're a Porto fan. How do you feel about the judas (Defour :)) and Mangala transfer?
In my opinion they're not really Porto material.

Just an FYI, Defour played his first game for Porto on Tuesday in a 5-2 win. He got his first assist with a good pass to Varela who scored. I'm guessing Porto might make Defour a better player than you thought.
Mangala only had few minutes so far but not yet in rotation.

Not really strange... Drogba is slow and old, still a powerful man to have up front but he's not the key to Chelsea's front line. Torres still isn't scoring as he should but he is making opportunities and has been passing nicely. Drogba probably thinks he's not going to get normal play and has no long term future at Stamford Bridge so he's wanting out and going where the money is.

Back