The GTPlanet Summer Transfer Thread

Looks like Corinthians move for Tevez has fallen through because the club said there wasn't enough time to finalise a deal with Man City due to the Brazilian transfer window closing in a few hours. The deal might happen during the January transfer window instead.

Also, Inter Milan apparently want to do a swap deal with City, which would involve Tevez going to Inter and Wesley Sneijder moving in the other direction. I'm personally hoping that this doesn't happen as I'd really like to see Sneijder join Man United.

Looks like Corinthians move for Tevez has fallen through because the club said there wasn't enough time to finalise a deal with Man City due to the Brazilian transfer window closing in a few hours. The deal might happen during the January transfer window instead.

Also, Inter Milan apparently want to do a swap deal with City, which would involve Tevez going to Inter and Wesley Sneijder moving in the other direction. I'm personally hoping that this doesn't happen as I'd really like to see Sneijder join Man United.

More like they dont have 40 million quid to pay for him :lol:

Man, I hope Wenger actually decides to buy some players. I mean, he has sold off half the squad, Cesc is on his bike and Nasri maybe too. And who has come in? Jenkinson! Quality right there. Gervinho is not exactly what we need.

More like they dont have 40 million quid to pay for him :lol:

Man, I hope Wenger actually decides to buy some players. I mean, he has sold off half the squad, Cesc is on his bike and Nasri maybe too. And who has come in? Jenkinson! Quality right there. Gervinho is not exactly what we need.

If Man City had accepted Corinthians initial offer of £35m instead of demanding an extra £5m, then Tevez could have been playing the whole of next season in the Brasileirão rather than spending another few months playing football in Europe.

As for Wenger, well, he's trying to sign Jagielka for £10m to strengthen Arsenal's defence. Trouble is, Everton won't accept a bid of less that £18m and Wenger isn't willing to go above £15m. He has other defensive players on his transfer wishlist, but Jagielka is his main target.

It's official, Barcelona signed Alexis Sánchez from Udinese...

Also... Felipe Melo is leaving Juventus (thank god)... his destination is said to be Paris Saint Germain or Galatasaray...

Also, on another Juventus note, it seems Giuseppe Rossi is declining the offer of the bianconeri... This really makes me mad :ouch:... Why on earth Juve can't sign anyone??? :scared: :ill:

... Oh yeah... I forgot... they signed Arturo Vidal from Bayern Munich...

About Tévez... no, I wouldn't want him on Inter if it means no more Sneijder...

Last edited:
As for Wenger, well, he's trying to sign Jagielka for £10m to strengthen Arsenal's defence. Trouble is, Everton won't accept a bid of less that £18m and Wenger isn't willing to go above £15m. He has other defensive players on his transfer wishlist, but Jagielka is his main target.
It's Mark Schwarzer all over again!

Also, I've been out to see United play my local Sounders last night, and consider my trepidations over Ashley Young laid firmly to bed. He looks like he'll fit quite nicely. Also, why does Obertan not see playtime?!?! He was absolute dynamite on the right wing!

I wish Cesc would just go already, this saga is past tedious (and I'm a gooner!). Get in Mata, get in Jagielka and get in Mertesacker and voila! The world is your oyster when you loosen the purse strings Mr Wenger :mad:

Not too surprised about this, but Alexis Sanchez has completed his move from Udinese to Barca for around £33m. He was unveiled by the club as their new number nine on Monday.

It's a little bit old, but Adrian Mutu, former stricker of Chelsea, Juventus and Fiorentina signed a contract to play for Cesena, one of the smallest clubs currently in the Serie A.

It's a little bit old, but Adrian Mutu, former stricker of Chelsea, Juventus and Fiorentina signed a contract to play for Cesena, one of the smallest clubs currently in the Serie A.

I'm guessing that Mutu will now be Cesena's greatest asset.

The only other players I'm aware of who currently play for Cesena are Erjon Bogdani and Steve von Bergen. I only know of those two because I've watched them play international matches.

Villa bid for N'Zogbia has been accepted.
The fee is in the region of £9.5 million

Wigan will struggle next season, even if they didn't sell N'Zogbia I still think they'd be likely to go down. Is a shame for Wigan to lose him though, such a solid player last season, good playmaker and can score goals. I was hoping Newcastle would try and re-sign him :(

More on topic, Sergio Aguero has publicly said he likes Man Citys offer.

Would be nice to see Lukaku at Chelsea, seems a great finisher of the ball. In other news Middlesbrough accept a 1.75M pound bid from Swansea for Leroy Lita.

I'm surprised he ended up there... I thought Real Madrid was going to be more aggresive on their move to get him on a white shirt... but anyway... :ill:

I have question for Arsenal fans, since I've noticed there are many of you here... Do you know a particular reason why Carlos Vela never gets a chance on the first squad??? :confused: it's been 5 years since Arsenal got him and they just use him from time to time... Is he that good at benchwarming??? :confused:

I have question for Arsenal fans, since I've noticed there are many of you here... Do you know a particular reason why Carlos Vela never gets a chance on the first squad??? :confused: it's been 5 years since Arsenal got him and they just use him from time to time... Is he that good at benchwarming??? :confused:

I am not an Arsenal fan :dopey:
But with FW like van Persie, Walcott, Chamakh and others, it will be hard to break into the starting spots. He is a good kid but not enough (or proven) as the above.

I am not an Arsenal fan :dopey:
But with FW like van Persie, Walcott, Chamakh and others, it will be hard to break into the starting spots. He is a good kid but not enough (or proven) as the above.

That's what angers me, how can he prove he's good without playing time on the 1st squad??? IMHO, Arsenal is wasting his talent 👎 and they should sell him... or at least send him on loan to a team that is actually going to use him... West Brom barely used him last season... :grumpy:

Anyway... a couple of notes...

-Maarten Stekelenburg has signed a contract with AS Roma...
-Juventus moved to "plan C", as they acquired Mirko Vucinic, former stricker of AS Roma, after they pathetically failed to sign Kun Agüero and G. Rossi... :yuck: in fact I think they didn't even tried that hard to sign them... :grumpy:
-Finally... Doni signed back in July a deal with Liverpool to back up Pepe Reina... he is the former goalkeeper of Roma...

Where's Sneijder going? There's been rumors for some few weeks now that he could be a Man U player soon, which turned to Man City. He even came out saying that Inter need the money and he's for sale. Always liked the guy and never understood why Real Madrid dumped him off (I'm also a Madrid fan). To EPL or not? That's the question

Ganso from Santos was recently linked with my Porto, but he came out just today saying he's definitely staying at Santos. Ah well... My Porto squad still has some top key players that many clubs want, from Falcao to Hulk. Transfer deadline is 3 weeks away

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain set to join Arsenal from Southampton!!!
He is having a medical at Arsenal! :)
The fee has been around £12 million.

Lukaku has a medical at Chelsea. (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is way better!:sly:)

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of his former team but I wish the very best for Lukaku in Chelsea, very talented player.
Chelsea also bought Courtois (5 year contract) from Genk but he's already borrowed to Atletico Madrid. I wish to see a Genk youthplayer in the Chelsea squad some day.

Right now it seems Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri from Arsenal are staying put. Both were listed in the roster against Udinese for the CL meaning if they do get sold off they can't play in either CL nor peewee cup (Europa League), so their values will be lower.

Bunch of rumors around my Porto players. I'm sure I said something at least once but Falcao is being linked with Atletico Madrid, Fernando with Roma, and Guarin was rumored today to be in talks with Real Madrid (not that I think they need him but his power shots from outside the box... watch out!) along with Joao Moutinho, Rolando and Hulk being linked as well to various clubs. Basically majority of FC Porto's starters lol. I hate when this happens but the club will bank lovely with all these transfers. I'm sure Chelsea are still in talks with PDC from Porto. They seem to love my Porto side (Mourinho, RCarvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Bosingwa, even the big league flop Quaresma!)

And here I was hoping that the dismantling of my epic team wouldn't happen just yet... seems it's only a matter of time. I'm now hoping that whoever stays as well as many of the new/young players like Kleber, James, Varela, Juan Iturbe, Sandro and Danillo amongst others step up their game and take the dragons deep into the CL like the current Portuguese champion side could..

Matthew Upson Joins Stoke City!
Also...
Shane Long joins West Bromwich Albion from Reading!(Pronounced Red-ing)

Urm... Fabregas has left and he played yesterday against Real Madrid!
Good luck at Barcelona Fabregas!! I'll miss you!

Cuco33, I see you're a Porto fan. How do you feel about the judas (Defour :)) and Mangala transfer?
In my opinion they're not really Porto material.

Cuco33, I see you're a Porto fan. How do you feel about the judas (Defour :)) and Mangala transfer?
In my opinion they're not really Porto material.

What's up man?! Defour might fit in since it seems fernando and 1-2 other mids will go. I mean atletico Madrid took falcao (portuguese transfer record) and Ruben micael already and defour could fit into ruben's spot. Mangala have to be honest... I really am not sure. Rolando is our main cb with the other cb spot going to Maicon or otamendi and we have others too picked up even this summer! Maybe he's to be fit into rotation a bit or be a back up just in case but im with u. Mangala and defour need to prove themselves. I once didn't think Guarin, beluschi and 'palito' Alvaro perreira (and to an extent fucile) weren't quality but been wrong before! My Porto does amazing things with players. Past few years it was falcao, Raul meireles, Lucho gonzalez, lisandro Lopes, bruno alves, just to name a few.. on top of more like pepe r.carvalho and bosingwa. Its why I love my club and enjoy the portuguese 'jumper' league. Many great players pass through there. We will see if they fit. More Porto players are bound to go.. from hulk to fernando

If Defour is fit he might be a good help in the Porto squad but the last few years he hasn't been playing much due to numerous injuries.
I can't say what style they usually play in Portugal but seeing a live game (Porto - Sporting I believe) it looked pretty heavy fysically. Mangala might be able to fit in such a style of play but Defour... I doubt it.
Anyway I hope you'll enjoy both players, for myself I'm glad he's gone.

If Porto's new coach follows what AVB was doing, or previous manager on a few occasions, they'll play a more attacking 433. This transfer came out of nowhere for me. Usually I'll read some speculation and rumors or that some talks is in the works but from 1 day to the next it was Defour and Mangala to Porto. I can only hope for the best!!

Nasri at Man city now! :grumpy:

I was about to post this. I think it was just a matter of time but now it's official. 4 year deal.

Juan Mata also signed with Chelsea from Valencia. I think Chelsea could use him too.

Eto'o I believe is officially an Anzhi player in Russia, and is now the most expensive payed player in sports (from what a friend told me, still haven't read official confirmation yet)

Back