The Highway Girl: Page 9 - The New Reina

Page 6 - Doing It For Master

After basking in the magnificence of Otoosan's mansion, I headed out and I'm on my way to the Top Gear test track which is just a few blocks away.

Oh how I miss that track. The last time I went there was when I tore up there in Otoosan's R34 GT-R. Hehehehehe.... he really did give me a pounding after the run.

Since the BBC crew hasn't started their filming in the set, the warehouse is just filled with the props and some of Top Gear's project cars.

Suddenly, I saw an orange Lotus Esprit outside, parking. A middle-aged man wearing a coat comes out and enters the warehouse. He immediately takes a good look on me, and so I grab his attention.

Takuma: "Excuse me, what is it that you want?"

Dudley: "Greetings. Pardon my sudden entrance. I am Dudley Hatton, a butler of Master Steven Fox. I am here because I am thinking you frequent this track. According to him, you live nearby here."

Takuma: "Correct. My name is Takuma Kanonji."

Dudley: "I see. Well, the picture I have matches you. You really are his rival. Say, is that a kit car?"

How dare you call it a kit car.

Takuma: "Eh? It's not a kit car. It's a Lamborghini."

Philistine!

Dudley: "Pardon me. I don't want to stall any longer. May you grant me a race, if you don't mind?"

Takuma: "Sure."

Dudley: "2 laps would do."

Takuma: "Bring it on, then."

So we lined up at the starting line. After three honks from his car, we set off. The Esprit is such a rocket off the line, with lightweight body wrapping a powerful 3.5 liter turbocharged V8. The Esprit is a force to be reckoned with in its life, shaming supercars and still carrying on Colin Chapman's principles.

8397040069_7ff2f2c09d_c.jpg

8398126058_0239fb0977_c.jpg

Dudley: "I shall do this for Master! He shall be filled with utopia if I beat Mr. Kanonji!"

8398127748_25919f7f19_c.jpg

Dudley: "You are not permitted to pass!"

Crap, I lost my balance. Nice block. Blocking like a sir, perhaps...

8398127294_3cb2822593_c.jpg

8398126958_04e371bba1_c.jpg

But the Countach is lighter. I can brake later and corner faster.

8397037697_6889741c09_c.jpg

8397037061_4ae95f1e79_c.jpg

Dudley: "Impressive. You are still in my range. No wonder you gained a contempt from Master. But I shall be the one finishing this... for him!"

8397036547_f89545ec27_c.jpg

You are rather sluggish in this track. The Stig can beat me here.

8397036225_7feb79e1bb_c.jpg

But then, you are too early on throttle! Accelerator control is crucial in the Hammerhead!

Dudley: "Oh cock!"

8398122112_2978ca58d3_c.jpg

And this is how you should do it... Hah! Sucks to be you.

8398121542_e0d2b18d38_c.jpg

8398120736_f995dd4ac4_c.jpg

Oh well, is he satisfied now? I think not.

I put the car to rest and then he arrived. Surprisingly, he shows a smile at me upon getting out from his car.

Dudley: "That was a good run, sir."

Takuma: "You have skills, but I guess you must hone them further."

Dudley: "Master Steven is currently in Germany. I think you should go there. And may I request something?"

Takuma: "What is it?"

Dudley: "Please make him change his ways. His obsession to beat you has made him detached from his friends. He always talks about his plans of revenge, and he blames you for the death of Sir Ben McCarthy. Please help him. His insecurities slowly warp his mind."

Takuma: "I understand. Don't worry, I'll head there and talk to him."

Dudley: "Thank you, kind sir!"

But it's not gonna be just a simple talk....

End of Page 6

Okay, so here's some info on the new character in the next story:

The RUF CTR Yellowbird's driver is codenamed "Project NH".

He has a mysterious origin, and he's an

...android with exceptional racing capabilities.

Sounds a lot like the Sage and Requiem, but they're still human. Keep up the excellent work, it inspires me to keep writing mine.

Sounds a lot like the Sage and Requiem, but they're still human. Keep up the excellent work, it inspires me to keep writing mine.

True that. You two have the biggest, longest running series' of novels on GTPlanet far as I can tell.

Why do I have this strange feeling those NH initials ring a bell somehow?

Update on the next story:

I'm starting to give up on the BTR and I might drop it off from the story. I'll just make that Yellowbird and "Project NH" deuteragonists in the story and of course, as a rival of Takuma.

Oh, something shady has happened in the FIA Organization and Sayuki will be back to tackle the case.

Next page: Wonderfully Fast to be posted later.

Last edited:
Page 7 - Wonderfully Fast

So I immediately headed to Germany. Man, I don't like long trips, especially when driving Otoosan's Countach. My left leg gets a workout thanks to the clutch as heavy as the weights in a gym.

I stayed at Axel's house, as per my half-brother's request. I am not that close to Axel, but I think it's a good opportunity to get to know him more, and I assume that he is a nice guy, since he and Takanori are close.

Axel: "So, what brings you to Germany?"

Takuma: "I want to settle things once and for all with Steven Fox."

Axel: "Ahhh... I know him. Every weekend, he goes to the Nurburgring to hone his skills in his Elise. Wow, he can afford to go there ever week, despite the distance between U.K. and Germany."

Takuma: "He is rich, Axel. In fact, his butler owns a Lotus Esprit. You can imagine how wealthy and how big Steven's mansion is."

Axel: "Yikes. And to think, he is calling you out for a showdown. I read his status in Facebook yesterday."

Takuma: "He even have to resort to social media, huh? How desperate."

Axel: "Well, he is dying to race you. Beat him."

Takuma: "No... beat some sense to him."

Axel: "I see. Anyways, please do feel yourself at home, okay? If there's anything you need, just give me a ring."

How hospitable... There really are people who care for me despite my demeanor.

And so the next day, I headed to Nurburgring. I am seeing lots of performance cars there having runs around the track. It's an open track day, and for a fee you can have a lap around the track. I, on the other hand, have a lifetime pass for the track, since I am an FIA racing driver which is just one of the countless benefits if you are one.

Finally, I saw Steven. Hmmmmm.... he has grown his hair long, but still neat as always. He is checking his purple Elise before he heads out. However, he manages to see me, and in delight, he approaches me.

Steven: "It's been a while, Takuma. And to think, you have the guts bringing Sir Ben's Countach when you really don't deserve to own it."

Takuma: "Well, he inherited it to me."

Steven: "Oh right, you are adopted. I don't know why he'd choose to pick a stuck-up like you. Adopted kids are spoiled, and I am sure Sir Ben has poured all of his resources on you, don't you think? Has he gotten soft?"

I can take whatever words you have against me, but don't you dare insult Otoosan... You have no idea how loving he is as a father.

Takuma: "How about you? Have you improved your skills since we parted ways? Or are you still the blabbermouth that I knew that you even have to let all the people in the world about this? Or do you really miss me, eh? Do you have a crush on me that my name is always coming out from your mouth?"

He just shows a smirk. Oh how I love that reaction...

Steven: "I shall make you regret taking Sir Ben away from the team. If it weren't for him, then you'd be in Japan just making some sushi or chopping off a giant tuna."

Takuma: "I love making sushi rolls and tuna sashimi is my favorite. Care to taste them?"

Steven: "All right. Let's cut to the chase. Let's race."

Takuma: "Sure. That's what I'm here for."

So we set off...

8402376924_537daacf4a_c.jpg

Steven: "No stinkin' Ferrari or a Lamborghini can compete with my Elise!"

8401287349_3665c29fe3_c.jpg

I pity you, Steven. Your jealousy hampers your development...

8401287111_de8798d9a9_c.jpg

Steven: "Though I must admit, I want to drive that Countach. Hah, we used to compete for that. Whoever impresses Sir Ben the most gets to drive that. But I don't know why someone like you is driving it."

8402376318_61501b01a3_c.jpg

Steven: "Sir Ben, why did you have to choose him? What does he have?"

8402376178_835dce2d68_c.jpg

If you feel an insecurity or jealousy in my abilities, then improve yourself! Don't let those cloud your mind! Then use me as your gauge of your abilities. I am the hurdle that you must overcome, and yet you haven't jumped on it. All you ever do is just yap around and look yourself so highly.

8402375974_3345eb040e_c.jpg

Steven: "Bloody hell! My brakes locked!"

8402375732_9f8884bbd7_c.jpg

Steven: "Seeing that Countach speeding away is a wonderful view."

8401286255_d3b993bb81_c.jpg

Steven: "It's a very beautiful machine... I really want to drive it."

8402375400_a3a6a31ebf_c.jpg

Steven: "But it's not yet over, imbecile. I shall have my last laugh."

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Together

After the race, I immediately head back to Axel's home. I told him what had transpired and he is impressed. As a treat though, I am cooking dinner for us and not the usual take out food from the restaurant just in front of his place.

Axel: "So what are your plans now?"

Takuma: "I'm returning home tomorrow. Thank you for accommodating me on such short notice.

Axel: "Awwww... I wish I could get to know you more."

Takuma: "There is always next time, Axel. Don't worry, we'll have more beer drinking sessions to come."

Axel: "Oh, and I will be the one making beer."

Takuma: "And I will cook food that will go along with those bottles."

Axel: "That's a deal."

The next day at the afternoon, the McCarthy mansion in Dunsfold still is empty. However, a group of students from a photography school in France arrive, and they wait at the gates.

When I arrive, I see students coming out from the bus. Well, the good thing is, they immediately informed me about their project photoshoot while I was on my way, so I just allowed them. I entered the mansion and welcome them. While I am telling them the story of the mansion, I suddenly see Kokoro! My heart again.... She came out from the bus rather late since she forgot something there. She just looks better and better. She had grown her hair even longer....

...oh crap. Where was I in my speech? So, moving on...

The rest of the students along with their instructor have started to take photos for their project. Kokoro and I, meanwhile, stay at the living room to have our moment alone.

Kokoro: "How are you? And I like your hairdo. I miss you so much."

Takuma: "I like your hair too. So, how's photography school?"

Kokoro: "I'm enjoying it. But even more now that we're together again."

Takuma: "Hey, um.... never mind."

Kokoro: "What? Say it."

Takuma: "I was thinking that maybe you could stay here after the tour. But I guess you have priorities."

Kokoro: "No worries! The submission is still far ahead. I can talk to the instructor to allow me to stay here."

Takuma: "I see."

Kokoro: "Besides, feel like having fun tonight?"

Takuma: "I'm game."

She gave me a kiss on my lip before doing the photoshoot. I am just observing her doing it. She really has to take all the good angles, eh? I even provided adequate lighting to help her out. But for me, all her angles are the best.

The photoshoot ended at sundown, and Kokoro stayed with me. I prepared a very special dinner for her. I have to keep up with all the time we lost together.

Kokoro: "Smells good! What have you cooked?"

Takuma: "My specialty roast beef. Look, I had it done in medium rare, your favorite."

Kokoro: "Wow, and excellent garnish!"

Takuma: "It's all for you."

I stood up and I put the bib on her. Well, of course to be gentleman, right? And then we have a hearty dinner. She tells me all her photography adventures during her stay in France. And I am getting more and more impressed by her photography skills as I hang on her every word. I miss her sweet voice.

At 11 in the evening, we sit together at the balcony, looking at the starry sky. And then we headed to my room. As we sit on the bed, my heart once again beats fast as she slowly unzips my shirt. I took it off immediately...

Kokoro: "How does a race car driver get hot?"

Takuma: "I can't explain how, or else I'll be too geeky."

Oh goodness, the moment she took off her shirt....

Kokoro: "Let's do it, let's stop the time."

Takuma: "Absolutely..."

And then, the lights are off....

You know what happens next, hehehe....

Early morning, at a racetrack in Norfolk, Steven is having a practice run with his 2nd sports car, a red Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

8405499072_8717f34e4b_c.jpg

8404407051_1c25de248b_c.jpg

8405498722_0411659360_c.jpg

8405498644_b166fc49ca_c.jpg

Steven: "Hah! Get ready, Takuma! We're not finished yet. This car shall teach you a lesson!"

End of Page 8

Last edited:
Page 9 - The True Protege

Ah yes, last night is the best night of my life. Hehehehehe....

Anyways, I woke up early so that I can prepare breakfast for my lovely Kokoro. As I am cooking though, she suddenly crept up behind me and cover my eyes.

Kokoro: "Good morning! Well, let's see if you can make the breakfast delicious even without your eyes. Heehee..."

Takuma: "Stop it. Haha."

Kokoro: "So, what are your plans today?"

Takuma: "Well, care to go shopping in London?"

Kokoro: "Sure. Oh, I know of a good restaurant there."

Takuma: "Okay then. And... the food is done. Please sit down."

I served Eggs Benedict which, according to her, is her favorite breakfast. I am just watching her eat.

Takuma: "So, you like it?"

Kokoro: "Mmmmmmm.... but there is something much more delicious."

Takuma: "Which is?"

Kokoro: "You, of course."

While she is eating, I open my laptop and check my e-mails. Once again, Steven sent me an e-mail. He is challenging me once again to a race. He wants to settle things once and for all at a racetrack in Norfolk. I know that track.

That is the place where we used to hone our skills. It's a very technical track that holds no regard for power. For Otoosan, it is a very ideal place.

Kokoro: "Something wrong?"

Takuma: "Someone is challenging me in a race this afternoon in Norfolk. I guess we could set our London date next time."

Kokoro: "I want to see the race. I'm coming."

Takuma: "All right."

We headed to that racetrack in Norfolk. It's actually located nearby Lotus Car's headquarters.

When we got there, it's rather silent.

Kokoro: "Who is this opponent?"

Takuma: "An old friend..."

Kokoro: "I see."

Takuma: "It's also a great opportunity to teach him a lesson."

Finally, Steven arrives in his Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Pretty interesting, and I think this would be a challenge for the Countach.

Steven: "Sorry, I'm a bit late."

Takuma: "Nice car."

Steven: "This could easily beat your Countach. And faster than the Bullet Train."

Takuma: "Honto ka? Omae no Ferrari wa Shinkansen yori hayai no? Sugoi jan! Misete kureru ka?"

(Really? Your Ferrari is faster than a Bullet Train? Amazing! Can you show it to me?)

Steven: "I miss your language... Oh well. Let's just get on with it. Let's see who is Sir Ben's best protege! We've got 3 laps to prove ourselves."

8405498494_69d0a6aa67_c.jpg

We lined up at the starting line. Interestingly, Steven placed himself behind the grid. I'm sure he wants to play...

Kokoro: "3... 2... 1... GO!"

And we're off! Steven backed off for a while so that he can observe me. Well, do it as much as you can, Steven...

8404406585_5656e5750a_c.jpg

Steven: "Knowing that your car is out this Ferrari's league, I'll just play with you. Now, show me why Sir Ben chose you!"

8404406385_4e8ab175ff_c.jpg

Like I said, this track holds no regard for power. Careful accelerator inputs are the key to take the corners faster.

8404406207_3331baa0d9_c.jpg

Entering the main straight, though, and Steven immediately starts to attack.

8404406047_a6aa342719_c.jpg

Steven: "That clunker is no match! I shall show to you how far ahead this 430 Scuderia is! Switching to CST Off mode!!!"

Obviously, the Scuderia can easily overtake the Countach on the straights. 2nd lap starts.

8404405923_9f80c277c4_c.jpg

Steven: "Why? Why does it have to be you?"

8404405761_39d5ef7411_c.jpg

Steven: "Before you came along, Sir Ben holds me in high regard."

8405497442_d1aba3e89c_c.jpg

8404403797_12d179d27f_c.jpg

Steven: "What's in you that he adopted you and taught you everything?"

8404403633_bb7e9d9d4a_c.jpg

3rd lap has started, I have to brake hard just before the line since a corner comes up immediately. I must make a move...

8405493754_5c72efa14e_c.jpg

His Ferrari starts to oversteer. I guess he's stepping on the pedal rather too early. He wants to outrun me as much as he can.

8404401673_cd211af054_c.jpg

Steven: "How come you're still behind me!? This Scuderia should be miles ahead!"

8405493576_0d2c4ab11b_c.jpg

I am just feathering the throttle while cornering. The LP400 can corner as fast as the modern supercars, you know!? It has a lightweight frame and a midship layout.

Steven: "I am going all out! This is the last lap, anyway."

Steven totally floors it. However, the Scuderia understeers at the next corner.

8404399657_8ac2ee8f7d_c.jpg

Takuma: "Power is totally useless here. It can betray you."

At the hairpin, one of Steven's Scuderia's rear tires touches the grass, and spins out.

8405491574_8927e01a2b_c.jpg

Steven: "Nooooo!"

8404399313_5788064224_c.jpg

I won...

Kokoro: "Yahoo! He did it!"

I stopped the car and joined Kokoro. After a while, Steven arrives as well, and he is in tears.

Steven: "Why? Tell me. Why did he pick someone like you from nowhere?"

Takuma: "You lack one important thing that makes a person better."

Steven: "Then what is it!?"

He just rushed at me and then I punched his face.

Takuma: "You lack inspiration. You look up to Sir Ben, right? And if you think that I am better, then use it as your gauge of your abilities! Then be inspired to be a better person! All you ever do is complain and brag about your skills. You stopped there. That's why he left with me. The path to greatness is never-ending. You improve based on experience; and even though did leave the team, you shouldn't stop in honing your skills. I am inspired because I look up to him... and with people that care for me, they give me the strength to face the challenges along the way. How about you? All you ever think is yourself, that's why you don't have that strength. Even if you do own a big mansion, a butler that serves you, and car with a 5-way traction control system with a racing-inspired suspension, they're not a measure of one's greatness. The true protege never stops learning!"

We just left him to think what I just said. Though I can feel what he's going through, since I was like that before...

...until Takanori came along. Thank you, Takanori. You are the greatest person I have ever known. You and Otoosan are my greatest inspirations.

Meanwhile, in Nurburgring Nordschleife:

8407110635_c0607790a4_c.jpg

8408205458_76c0bd9d13_c.jpg

8407109583_d681908eaa_c.jpg

8408204126_2c12ce86cf_c.jpg

The Protege - END

Nurburgring Legend

Page 1 - Appearance

In an auditorium in Stuttgart, Germany, there are a sizable number of people in attendance. An awards ceremony is being held, and with some people already being called to get their awards.

Hiroyuki Hiramoto has been invited to the event by his close friend named Dexter Heidelberg. Dexter is at the same age as Hiroyuki's and he is about to receive an award.

"And the Scientific Mind Award goes to Dr. Dexter Heidelberg for his significant contribution in biochemistry with his nanoparticle technology."

The audience applauds as Dexter receives the medal.

After the ceremony, Hiroyuki and Dexter head out to a bar nearby to celebrate.

Hiroyuki: "Looks like my friend here has bagged another award."

Dexter: "I have been working for it for so long. And I am so happy that I finally achieved it. Oh, I shall call my son, by the way."

He tries to call his son, but he gets no answer.

Dexter: "Oh well, I think he's preoccupied with his hobby."

Hiroyuki: "So, how is Nigel?

Dexter: "Doing good so far. Oh how I always love seeing my son so happy with his life."

Hiroyuki: "That's what every father desires."

Dexter: "I am really saddened by the death of your son, Hiroyuki. So, how are you coping up with it?"

Hiroyuki: "I am always thinking of him; and there is good news. My wife and I have reconciled. We did this all for our son's sake. We want to make him happy even from beyond the grave."

Dexter: "That's good to know. Say, why don't we have a dinner sometime? With my son and with your wife? I think it's good for our families to get together."

Hiroyuki: "Brilliant. I want to make my vacation worthwhile with my wife."

Meanwhile, at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, there is an open track day.

hunt1_zps621922c9.jpg

All seems normal...

hunt2_zpsac560b0c.jpg

hunt3_zps01871c71.jpg

However, a mysterious and very fast opponent enters the fray.

hunt4_zpsa30214e2.jpg

hunt5_zps70b08f8f.jpg

It immediately blitzes away from the other cars.

hunt6_zps76bcf9b9.jpg

Despite its age, it makes mincemeat of an Audi R8.

hunt7_zpsadb620f4.jpg

R8 Driver: "Isn't that....? The legendary Yellowbird!? It's fast!"

hunt8_zps7540f78c.jpg

End of Page 1

Page 2 - On The Case

Kokoro decided to return to France to focus on her project. I also left with her, though I'm heading to Germany to stay with Axel again. Germany and France are neighboring countries, so I guess it should be no problem if she decides to meet up with me on a weekend. Axel lets me in his house warmly.

Axel: "Hey, how are you?"

Takuma: "Just fine."

Axel: What brings you here?"

Takuma: "I took my girlfriend to France to continue her project. I just decided to stay here for a while."

Axel: "Feel yourself at home. Oh, mind if we have a run at the Nurburgring?"

Takuma: "Sure."

Axel: "I haven't really doing some racing, and I'm itchin' to do that."

We get in his Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. I like its shade of gray. We blast through the Autobahn at speeds exceeding 300 KM/H.

Axel: "Hey, have you heard?"

Takuma: "What is it?"

Axel: "The Yellowbird is back."

Takuma: "Yellowbird? I haven't heard of that."

Axel: "It's a legendary machine tearing up the Nordschleife."

I am just looking at the internet through the smartphone if that part of the track is open. Unfortunately...

Takuma: "Speaking of which, it's closed off for now. The GP track, however, is open."

Axel: "Nah, it's okay. Anyways, it's a rare opportunity seeing it."

Takuma: "What's that Yellowbird supposed to be?"

Axel: "It's a yellow RUF CTR. I'm sure the driver behind the wheel must have a thorough knowledge of the RR layout."

Takuma: "A souped-up Porsche 911, eh?"

Axel: "It's not just that. It has 470 horsepower, and a lightweight construction that propels it to a top speed of 340 KM/H. In its time, it's the fastest car in the world. The Ferrari F40 and the Lamborghini Countach simply could not keep up; not even the Porsche 959. Not only that, it's a capable track car."

Takuma: "Impressive."

Axel: "Last year, though, it has been involved in a crash at that track. And the driver is rumored to have died. But seeing it back on the track, it seems that the rumors are false. But it could have been a different Yellowbird."

Takuma: "Driving a Porsche 911 needs to have a godly skill. Especially when it is a classic 911 chassis."

Axel: "I agree."

When we entered the track, Axel simply floors it. He has the skill, and I am impressed, considering that he didn't really do racing when he was on our team last year.

8409784365_f359f02ca8_c.jpg

8409784269_f87004d886_c.jpg

Axel: "Man, I gotta work on my driving line."

Takuma: "It's good, don't worry."

8409785057_e18d4d919f_c.jpg

Axel: "I could never be as good as the both of you. You and Takanori are in a different league."

Takuma: "You just have to believe in yourself. Your skill as a mechanic is second to none, and I'm sure you can improve on your driving skill as well."

8410880918_31824ff129_c.jpg

Axel: "Though I want to see the Yellowbird in action."

Takuma: "Interesting..."

Meanwhile, in Tokyo, Japan...

Sayuki is at the CIA headquarters, waiting for Agent Clinton to arrive. She is sorting out the papers on his desk since they're scattered and just to kill her boredom.

Within minutes though, Clinton has arrived.

8409823483_1a3300bb85_c.jpg

8409823373_730c5a2c5d_c.jpg

He ascends to the top floor of the building where his office is, and he sees Sayuki organizing his paperwork.

Clinton: "You don't have to do that. You have something more important to do."

Sayuki: "Oh there you are. You called me up here. Why?"

Clinton: "You have a new case to tackle on."

Sayuki: "That's what I want to hear. What is it?"

Clinton: "The FIA Organization asks for our help again. They have been in this trouble for a year."

Sayuki: "Hmmmm... why just ask for help now?"

Clinton: "Well, they usually take care of their problems by themselves, but it seems that it has gotten out of hand that they need our help. Listen well.

A racer data has been stolen. And they have been looking for it for a year. They thought that they have misplaced it, but it seems very unlikely."

Sayuki: "So, who's that missing racer data?"

Clinton flashes the information using an overhead projector plugged on his computer. Sayuki is very shocked at what she saw.

Sayuki: "That's..."

Clinton: "That's the info we have for now. So, you should get on it. Head to FIA headquarters in Europe to get more info on this case."

Sayuki: "Roger that."

Sayuki leaves the room, still in a distraught mood.

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Enter Nigel!

We take a break and I bought canned beer. Man, it is hot all over. We're just looking at the car while drinking.

Axel: "I still remember our moments here last year. Man, it's the best 24 hours of my life."

Takuma: "Me too, actually. I hope we could do that again."

Axel: "Even now, they're still talking about our victory."

Takuma: "That's rather exaggerating. We only did the best that we can."

Axel: "I want to return those moments... because those are the times that we are very close, like a family."

Takuma: "I agree."

Suddenly, I saw that Yellowbird!

8412941589_d65967ca06_c.jpg

8414039928_6d192c40a5_c.jpg

Takuma: "Is that the Yellowbird?"

8412941397_0e71b68733_c.jpg

Axel: "Indeed."

It looks so stable through the corners! Something like that must be hard to manage!

8414039716_5bf11ba666_c.jpg

Axel: "I can't believe that the driver can manage that powerful machine with a peculiar layout."

8414039632_d2fe93e2f1_c.jpg

8414039530_91fd203e57_c.jpg

8412941047_11ab4bebe8_c.jpg

It enters the pit lane and stops in front of us. Getting out of the car is a man with a pale skin and... a bright green hair with yellow eyes. What is this, a cosplay of some sorts? The man simply stretches out his hand.

"Hajimemashte, watashi wa Heidelberg Nigel desu. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu." (Greetings, my name is Nigel Heidelberg. Pleasure to meet you.)

I shake hands with him. Nigel can speak Japanese, huh?

Takuma: "Ore wa Kanonji Takuma da. Nihongo ga dekiru ka?" (I am Takuma Kanonji. You can speak Japanese?)

Nigel: "Hai."

Axel: "Multilingual, huh?"

Nigel: "Indeed. I can speak over 70 different languages."

What!? Over 70 languages! One foreign language is already difficult to learn!

Takuma: "Impressive talent. And I must say, you have the skill to control that Yellowbird."

Nigel: "I use different algorithms to perform the proper steering and accelerator inputs."

Algorithms? Is this guy off the hook?

Nigel: "Is that an SLR McLaren? According to my Performance Point calculations, it has the capability to lap the Nurburgring faster than the Yellowbird by around 10-20 seconds."

Is he a geek? Well, I'm not against nerds, but I find him peculiar...

Then someone calls him up. After a brief call, he bids farewell and enters the car.

Nigel: "I'm very sorry, my father summons me. We can meet some other time. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He leaves the track. He is a very weird person...

Axel: "What in the world..."

Takuma: "I guess he knows a lot, then."

Nigel arrives in his house in Pfaffenhausen, Germany. He meets up with his father, Dexter.

Nigel: "Good evening, father. How's your day?"

Dexter: "I am just having a wonderful day. How about you?"

Nigel: "I met two new people today. Takuma Kanonji and Axel Eisenberg.

Suddenly...

Nigel: "Takuma Kanonji... retrieving data.

S-Rank FIA Organization racer.
Known as the Black Stig.
Specializes in Time Attack, Indy 500, and has mastered over 100 racetracks.
Other talents include hand-to-hand combat, swordfighting, and cooking.
Use all racing skills necessary if challenged."

Analysis complete."

Dexter: "Well, no wonder Takuma Kanonji is very popular. I hope you can have true friends soon."

Nigel: "I will, Dad. Don't worry. Anyway, I need to charge up."

Dexter: "Okay, I guess you won't eat dinner tonight. Good night."

Nigel goes to his room, while Dexter just stays at the living room.

Dexter: "I guess this will go well... But further testing is needed."

End of Page 3

Back