The Highway Girl: Page 9 - The New Reina

Page 4 - Revelation

I just find that Nigel guy a peculiar person. He's brilliant, all right; but by his choice of words makes me bewildered. Maybe he's just intellectual.

Moving on... Oh, I just found out that Hiroyuki-san is also here in Germany, having a vacation with his wife. It seems that their marriage is in full bloom once again. The couple makes me remind of my future. I wonder when will I have a family of my own? Takanori has one, with 2 kids. Maybe I could seek a parenting lecture from him.

I am busy cooking lunch for me and Axel. He is excited to taste my cooking. To be honest, I'm not even so much into cooking, yet I have attracted so many fans. I just do it when I want a new dish to be served at home.

Takuma: "Lunch is served!"

Axel: "Coming!"

Takuma: "Dish for today's lunch: Pan-fried blackened salmon. I know you want black peppers so much, so I put more onto your plate."

Axel: "Can't wait! So, what to say again when starting to eat?"

Takuma: "Itadakimasu."

Axel: "Oh, okay... Itadakimasu."

Takuma: "I'm heading to Nurburgring this afternoon with my Countach. Care to come along?"

Axel: "I'd love to, but I have to discuss my marriage plans with Katrine."

Takuma: "I see."

Even he will get married soon... I'm so jealous.

Axel: "It would be fun if you drive that Countach over there."

Takuma: "I think so. Oh, Hiroyuki-san is also here with his wife. They plan to visit us soon."

Axel: "That's nice to hear."

At around the afternoon, I head to Nurburgring, and thankfully, the Nordschleife is open for the public. They do close off that part for maintenance purposes.

I showed them my FIA lifetime pass, and I simply get in the track's premises. When I exited the pits, I immediately saw the Yellowbird! I put to the pedal to the metal and start chasing it.

8415931393_2399286a1d_c.jpg

Nigel: "Incoming challenger. 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400. 390 HP, and 516 Performance Points. Engaging racing mode."

8417027434_49d1b14e3e_c.jpg

I am very much interested to Nigel's capabilities. That old 911 is sure-footed through the turns!

8415931117_7604b2f5e7_c.jpg

And I don't even have a chance on the high speed sections as well.

8417027062_dd14643cbf_c.jpg

Though there is a bit of a consolation as I braked late, so I kept up somehow.

8415930581_3fbcfa515d_c.jpg

Nigel: "Adenauer chicane. Tackle at 90 KM/H."

Whoa, that is unreal! Considering the nature of the RR layout and the huge turbo lag of that 911, it takes and exits from the chicane like a rocket!

8415930385_e92afb2caa_c.jpg

Nigel: "Wow... I wonder who's driving that Countach? I want to meet the driver. I am impressed that he can keep up!"

8417026304_56932bc604_c.jpg

Nigel: "Hairpin. Turn at 80 degrees to the left. Accelerator pressure at 60%."

He is in total control of his 911! This is insanity! The Yellowbird is a very demanding car to drive, according to car reviewers. He must have reflexes of a cat!

8415930001_4bcd7a4d42_c.jpg

I can't keep up, can I?

Shoot! The oil and water temperatures are very high! I have to pull over!

8417025970_a42a7d385c_c.jpg

Lamborghini's V12 heats up so much... Even the Murcielago suffers that problem. No wonder the Aventador has an all-new V12 built from scratch. Otoosan is sometimes annoyed at the Countach's cooling problem.

8417025710_761f790004_c.jpg

Luckily, Otoosan kept a spare coolant in the car's boot. I poured some on the engine and I keep the engine cover open to let heat out.

I'm sorry, Otoosan. I know that you would not let me eat supper tonight and breakfast on the next day.

I just look at the wonderful surroundings while I am smoking.

After the engine has cooled down (as if Fighting Bulls know how to calm down), I immediately go straight home. I called up Alessandro about the problem, and he'll be heading tomorrow to Germany to pick my Countach up.

Axel: "So, how did the run go?"

Takuma: "I found the Yellowbird and chased it. However, the Countach overheated.

Axel: "Bad luck for you, then."

Takuma: "Alessandro will pick it up tomorrow morning."

Axel: "I'm sure he can fix it up in no time so that you'll have a proper rematch."

Suddenly, we heard a doorbell. Axel reaches for the door, and it turns out that Sayuki is the visitor.

Sayuki: "It's been a while, everyone."

Takuma: "Hey, how are you doing?"

Sayuki: "I am here to tell you something disturbing. It'll be better that you know it, and I'll be needing your help."

Takuma: "What is it?"

Sayuki: "I am investigating a case of a stolen racer data from the FIA. They have lost it for a year. Since they can't find it at such long period of time, they decided to escalate it and asked for CIA's help. When I arrived, I discovered even more shocking information."

Takuma: "Which is?"

Sayuki: "You went through the injection of Nanoparticles when you registered, right?"

Takuma: "Yes."

Sayuki: "Those Nanoparticles record your muscle reflexes."

Axel: "I see."

Sayuki: "Then your helmets. All helmets are made by the FIA, and as you notice, there is a small camera in it. It records your racing line. With the Nanoparticle data and your racing line data being recorded, they are used as basis for your ranks in the organization and of course, they are stored into the database which are accessible by every member of the organization to keep track of their performance and ranking.

And another disturbing fact is that there are some renegade members who plan to create an "Ultimate Racer" using that stolen data."

Axel: "Ultimate Racer?"

Sayuki: "Once completed, it will put racers like you out of a job. Of course, racing teams will just buy those from them to have their own perfect racer. I am tasked to destroy that sole prototype before it nears completion and arrest those members."

Takuma: "I don't know that FIA could have a few screws loose. I thought they are well-organized."

Sayuki: "You will be devastated once you hear this..."

Takuma: "Huh?"

Sayuki: "The racer data stolen...

...belongs to Nobuhiko Hiramoto."

End of Page 4

Last edited:
Didn't see that coming. Is this becoming I-Robot GT5 Edition?

Project NH, Nigel Heidelburg, Nobuhiko Hiramoto; coincidence? I think not.

Page 5 - The 500 HP Sleeper

What!? Seriously!? They stole a racer data of a dead person!? I don't know that FIA people can get nuts. Nobuhiko and I were just getting close back then, and I can say that this is a disrespect for the dead...

Hiroyuki-san won't like hearing this.

Takuma: "Nobuhiko!?"

Sayuki: "That's right. Since they knew that Nobuhiko ranks at the top of the list, they decided to input his data on that prototype."

Axel: "This is crazy."

Sayuki: "Indeed."

Takuma: "Nobuhiko was indeed a racer on a totally different level. You can't really tell it, since he was silent for most of the time."

Sayuki: "I'm sure someone has gotten hands on the Nanoparticle data right after Nobuhiko's body was embalmed in the morgue. I have contacted the hospital in Japan that embalmed his body, and they are looking for the CCTV video that was dated on the day it was done."

Takuma: "This isn't right. Playing with the dead is a sin that cannot be forgiven, especially for a father like Hiroyuki-san. He'll get upset when he hears this."

Then I hear a diesel rattle from a truck. It's Alessandro, and he is about to pick up my Countach. Once I head out, though...

Alessandro: "Buon Giorno. You can use my car for a while."

8418643070_886bd649f6_c.jpg

Takuma: "Maserati?"

Alessandro: "It's a Maserati GranTurismo S MC Sport Line. I bought that MC sport package, but I tweaked the car even further."

8418642908_a4411224a2_c.jpg

Takuma: "It's beautiful..."

I sent out the Countach and his men loaded it up on the truck. Alessandro tossed the Maserati's key to me.

Alessandro: "You drive it. Let's test it at the Nurburgring."

Takuma: "All right."

I just told Axel and Sayuki that I'll be out to test the car. Alessandro and I once again head to the Nurburgring.

8418642716_430af653a1_c.jpg

Takuma: "I have some preconceptions about this car."

Alessandro: "You will like it this time."

As soon as I hit the throttle, there is an instant and huge surge of power! I did not expect that from a heavy GT car!

8418642580_d97c5dc793_c.jpg

Alessandro: "It now has 500 horsepower."

Takuma: "I love the exhaust sound..."

8418642418_9abfb103e9_c.jpg

The moment I turned the wheel, the car turns sharp. Stability is ensured as well.

Takuma: "Impressive handling."

Alessandro: "I decreased the weight by replacing the body parts with carbon fiber. And of course, these bucket seats are carbon fiber made as well. The suspension is already impressive in that sport package, and it blends well with the decreased weight."

Takuma: "I see. That's why."

8418642258_9a69a5b662_c.jpg

I effortlessly passed a BMW M5. This car is not expected to touch that super saloon.

8417549701_4235a93c77_c.jpg

Takuma: "I'm loving this car."

Alessandro: "That's why it's my daily driver and a track racer."

8417549593_c60ed339c2_c.jpg

Takuma: "Belissimo..."

Alessandro: "Hehehehehe. I'd expect you to say that. Sugoi, right?"

8417549461_2a4597e90d_c.jpg

Takuma: "Sou da. Kono kuruma wa kireide kanpeki da ze..."

(That's right. This car is beautiful and perfect...)

After the brief run, we went back to Axel's place. Alessandro left the car for me to use it for a while. As I go in, I am surprised to see Hiroyuki-san and his wife, visibly upset. I don't think they should know, but they should not be blinded by lies, either.

Takuma: "Hiroyuki-san..."

Hiroyuki: "Takuma. I know who's behind this..."

Takuma: "You... you know?"

Hiroyuki: "It's Dexter. He is the one behind the Nanoparticle technology. So definitely, he has something to do with this case."

Takuma: "But..."

Hiroyuki: "I will confront him the first thing in the morning. No one shall stop me. As a father, I cannot forgive the persons who disrespected my son's peaceful rest."

Sayuki: "That's a proper course of action. Let us interrogate Dexter Heidelberg. I have suspicions to him as well, since he was once a scientist in FIA."

I know that this would turn awry. Damn, I gotta do something!

End of Page 5

I can't wait for the next page! 👍

But what exactly is nanoparticle technology? How does one input his/her data, and how was it stolen? I can't get my head straight, actually. :indiff:

I can't wait for the next page! 👍

But what exactly is nanoparticle technology? How does one input his/her data, and how was it stolen? I can't get my head straight, actually. :indiff:

It would be explained in the next page.

Page 6 - Confrontation

I have no choice but to follow Hiroyuki-san to the Heidelberg residence the next day. He is really upset, his wife was crying last night.

I wonder why people have the guts to play life... I mean, you would use a dead person's capabilities just to earn money? That's just... unforgivable. When we got inside, he immediately punched Dexter's face.

Nigel: "Father!"

Nigel rushed at us to protect his father, but I delivered a kick on his face. However, what really shocked us all is when his head detached from his body! And I heard a heavy metallic clank once it landed on the floor.

Sayuki: "There's no mistaking it..."

Takuma: "Heh, at least you don't have an explosive head nor you have chainsaws hidden in your arms."

Dexter: "It's time for you to know the truth, everyone... including Nigel."

Nigel: "What!?"

Nigel's body reattaches the head. So Nigel even has emotions, huh?

Dexter: "Nigel is an android."

Nigel: "What do you mean, father? I am a human being!"

Hiroyuki: "You idiot. How come a human being can easily detach his head and return it!? Don't you realize it?"

Dexter: "I created an empathy chip that allows him to feel emotions like a human being does. Also, in that chip is that he is never to know his true being."

Nigel: "Why? Why do you have to lie? I am your son, right?"

Dexter: "Yes. But allow me to tell you the story behind your creation. I never thought that this day would come.

My real son, whose name was also Nigel, died a year ago."

Axel did tell me back then that the Yellowbird was involved in a crash last year. So the rumors are true.

Dexter: "Nigel was a very promising racer, and my most beloved son. One can say that he's an ideal son for a parent. He's kind, cheerful, helpful, and determined to win. He loves to tinker with cars... and the first one he did very successfully was my Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera which he transformed it to the legendary Yellowbird, as one would call it."

8419776630_97c431be04_c.jpg

Dexter: "The car is too powerful for him... but his skills and determination to control the car allow him to win over the beast."

8418679715_ffaf844e1f_c.jpg

8418679579_c1126b30e5_c.jpg

Dexter: "He fell in love with it immediately... And I was very happy for him. It won him plenty of races in the Nordschleife."

8418679449_fef28b48b3_c.jpg

Dexter: "But then, that fateful day last year, he lost control of the car..."

8419776138_f641548974_c.jpg

8419776026_7b83870eaa_c.jpg

Dexter: "...and crashed. He was rushed to the hospital, but...

...he is dead-on-arrival. You know when did he die? He died the same day Nobuhiko Hiramoto died."

I could clearly see on Hiroyuki-san's face that he's understanding.

Dexter: "I was so depressed, with my wife also gone, and then my son taken away from me. I was wondering what have I done wrong that they have to vanish. My son's dreams are vanished in an instant...

And then, a group of renegade FIA members have approached me. Knowing that I am a pioneer in Nanoparticle technology, they simply joined me in their quest to create "The Ultimate Racer". A racer that has no flaws and is fully efficient.

We opened the FIA's database and we searched for the racer on top of the rankings. It was your son, Hiroyuki. I immediately went to Japan and I volunteered to embalm Nobuhiko. I extracted his blood where his nanoparticles are.

Luckily, they still function, and I was very impressed with what those Nanoparticles recorded. Nobuhiko had top-notch reflexes. Once I returned here in Germany, I showed that nanoparticle data, and they combine it with Nobuhiko's racing line and lap time data. The rest of the members have already created the body. Once done, I simply put all of his data in the programming. But they left the prototype for me to test.

While doing so, I inserted an empathy chip filled with Nigel's emotional qualities. I want to see my son again, that's why. I want to hug him once more. I want to eat together with him. I want to laugh with him together."

Hiroyuki-san just banged his fist on the table. He's really upset...

Hiroyuki: "Why? Why did you have to involve my son into this!? Don't you know that this is wrong!?"

Dexter: "I know. While I was doing the prototype, my heart always beat with guilt. I just want to see my son..."

Hiroyuki: "I am a father too. And I have undergone the same pain you had. I lost my beloved son, and yes, I wished that I could turn back time and spend more moments with him before he died with his disease. But I would never, ever resort to sinister means just to see him again. I will never play with the dead just to see him, but I would rather think of him everyday. Because he is in my heart forever!!!

What makes me happy is that he had fulfilled all of his and my dreams. And that he has moved on. What I'm doing for now is my new resolve; I'm doing this all for my son's sake. I race because I want to return the favor that my son did for me."

Dexter: "I'm so sorry... Hiroyuki. Please forgive me..."

Nigel: "What the...!? JUST WHAT AM I!?"

Nigel just ran away, and I have to follow him. Hiroyuki-san comes along with me.

Hiroyuki: "Stay here and face your consequence, Dexter. Sayuki is here to arrest you."

Dexter: "I accept it... Just return my son to me. I want to apologize to him."

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... I'll try."

And so, Hiroyuki-san and I got in the car and we are now looking for Nigel. I still have a bad feeling about this...

End of Page 6

Last edited:
Mad scientists... always trying to play God.

Bring on the search for Nigel.

Page 7 - The Value of Life

We are blasting through the Autobahn with the Maserati in search for Nigel. As if we can find him that easily.

Sayuki provided help by asking the German authorities to track down his car.

Hiroyuki: "So, have they found him?"

Takuma: "We are waiting for Sayuki's call."

Hiroyuki: "Though I find the German police impressive. I'm sure they can find that yellow Porsche easily."

Takuma: "I can't believe that these things are happening. To think that a large-scale monkey business will commence."

Hiroyuki: "We'll have to destroy that prototype. It's the only way to end this."

Takuma: "Right. But..."

Hiroyuki: "But what?"

Takuma: "I can get the feeling that he's innocent. He does not even know his existence as an android at all! He's confused right now."

Hiroyuki: "Even if that's the case, we have to destroy him. What if he gets into wrong hands? Then you'll lose your job as an FIA racer. You have a bright future ahead of you, and don't let it be destroyed by that prototype. Don't let these people behind it ruin your dreams."

And then, after going around in circles...

Sayuki: "Takuma! The authorities located him. He's at Nurburg! Definitely at the Nurburgring!"

Takuma: "Right. Thank you very much!"

With no time to waste, I tear up the Autobahn so that we can locate Nigel. I think that he's at the track because he needs time alone to think...

8420326934_14c879e44c_c.jpg

Takuma: "There he is!"

Hiroyuki: "Take care."

8420326342_8bd02ef6d2_c.jpg

Nigel: "Incoming challenger... Maserati... Oh shut up! I am not a tool! Why are they following me?"

8419226205_ca6922c684_c.jpg

Takuma: "Even with this Maserati's improved performance, the Yellowbird is at the class of its own."

Hiroyuki: "Indeed. And Dexter's right, my son has impressive reflexes. I can barely beat him in Tennis. Reflexes are very important in accelerator and steering controls. No wonder Nigel can control that Porsche very well. Same goes to how Nobuhiko controls his Supra and my F40 back then."

8419225361_8c5264d2a3_c.jpg

Nigel: "Why? Why do you have to lie to me, father?"

8420323794_9e9049af1d_c.jpg

Takuma: "He's messing up."

Hiroyuki: "Dexter mentioned that he installed an empathy chip on Nigel. I guess with the confusion going on right now, he is having a conflict with his core programming."

8419223623_a2c1bb9865_c.jpg

Nigel: "I love you so much because you love me and even treated me like a real human being. Why did you have to lie?"

8419222729_cbb2f954b7_c.jpg

8419221975_08eec9156c_c.jpg

Nigel: "Conflict in core programming... all operations have decreased in performance.

Dammit! I can't deny the fact that I'm a tool! That I will be just a weapon. I can't stand it!"

8419221097_431c8317d9_c.jpg

Takuma: "I'm trying to draft behind. I think Nigel has returned to his core programming."

Hiroyuki: "Then we have to do something more drastic."

8420320028_8fd5924b8b_c.jpg

Nigel: "That's it! I am not gonna be a tool anymore! I will never ruin the dreams of FIA racers! I would end this travesty, here and now!

Mr. Hiroyuki, please forgive my father. He did everything just to spend time with his son once again, through me."

Suddenly, we saw the Yellowbird instantly heading to the right. He is aiming for a high-speed crash on the guardrail!

Takuma: "What the..!"

The Yellowbird lost control...

8420319290_d7a0ea551e_c.jpg

And then hit the guardrail at a high rate of speed. Then it keeps on spinning...

Until it stopped. We pulled over. The car's front end is severely damaged. I pull out Nigel's unconscious body.

Nigel: "Hey.... I'm sorry."

Takuma: "We will bring you back to your father. He wants to see you. He is very sorry for what he did."

Nigel: "I am apologizing... for him. Mr. Hiramoto, I am sorry. Please forgive my father..."

Hiroyuki: "He has to suffer the consequence of his actions, that's all I can say."

Nigel: "Tell me... how does a human being die? Where does he go? Heaven? Or Hell? No... I'll probably end up in a junkyard, ready to be crushed."

Takuma: "You are a nice... person. I'm sure you mean no harm. You are just a victim of their plans."

Nigel: "I don't want to ruin your dreams... You are... the... fastest racer in the world. I am happy... to meet you."

Takuma: "It was nice meeting you. I hope we can race together."

Nigel: "No... I don't deserve to live. I don't want to be a tool of their selfish plans. This... is... goodbye.

Initiating shutdown. All functions have suffered irreversible damage.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.

ALL SYSTEMS SHUT DOWN.
"

I just pity Nigel. He doesn't deserve this at all...

Takuma: "Let's go back."

Hiroyuki: "Okay."

When we returned, we granted Dexter's request. Dexter is just crying on his android son's lifeless body. All he can ever do is cry and regret what he did while his hands are cuffed.

This experience taught us how precious life is. Even though he knew all along that this is wrong, all Dexter wanted is to be with his son again. Life is something that is given only once, and we have to treasure it. I have experienced death before, and was given a second chance to live. With that, I have come to realize how valuable our life is. Every one of us has a purpose to live, even an android like Nigel has one, and he tried to live like a human being. He has just fallen victim to circumstance, and I don't think he deserves this.

The rest of the people behind the "Ultimate Racer" project have been arrested and charged. And the FIA implemented stricter regulations on how one must access a racer's data. From now on, only the racer has the access to his/her own data, not even the higher-ups of the organization has the access to racer data anymore. The racer data will just be viewed every month by the higher-ups for them to base the racer rankings.

Then the Nanoparticle injection has been taken out from the registration process. Those who have their Nanoparticles can have them easily extracted and disposed by the FIA at no cost.

And more good news as well. Kokoro is pregnant once again. Finally, I am going to have a happy family of my own! Little Ben will be very happy to have a little brother or sister to play with...

Nurburgring Legend - END

Last edited:
Next story will be:

Raging Determination

and it will feature the "First Supercar"

Also, this is the story in which Takuma gets to know his biological father even more, and will he finally bury the hatchet?

Raging Determination

Page 1 - A Special Bond

Well, Kokoro is pregnant now. I am worried that this might hamper her photography studies. But I have nothing to worry about since that she'll be able to finish them just before half of her pregnancy.

I wonder what will be the name of my 2nd child? Hmmmmm....

Anyways, I told little Ben about this, and he's very happy. I am thinking of summoning him here in U.K. during the summer vacation. I'll be arranging his flight, then.

One day, Kokoro is thinking of another subject for her photography class. She looks around the house, even as far as going to the garage. Then...

Kokoro: "Oh look! A Lamborghini Miura!"

Takuma: "Otoosan owns a vast collection of Lamborghinis."

Kokoro: "I know. But I find the Miura the most beautiful Lamborghini ever made."

Actually, the Countach is my favorite. But there is no use arguing with my wife. Haha! Speaking of which, the LP400 is still being worked on by Alessandro.

Takuma: "So, have you found your subject?"

Kokoro: "Finally. Well, how about bringing it out for me to start shooting it?"

Takuma: "Okay."

I did what she told. Man, the Miura just stands out when the sun shines on it.

8423840262_359cf161e3_c.jpg

8422746945_0cc0170a27_c.jpg

8422746475_4c06310d3f_c.jpg

Actually, Otoosan told me that the Miura is a very special car to him. Though I never knew why. Care to find out?

Takuma: "Ummmmm.... hey, care to have a ride? Actually, that car hasn't been running for so long. I might even think of restoring it."

Kokoro: "Sure. Right after the photoshoot, okay?"

Takuma: "Okay babe."

So we head to the Top Gear test track since it's conveniently located. Let's put this Fighting Bull to the test. Let's see if its horns are still sharp.

8422746153_a1bd507776_c.jpg

And we're off. Kokoro could not believe at the Miura's acceleration.

Kokoro: "Whoa... even if it's over 40 years old, the Miura is still fast! I did not expect this!"

8423838428_b79546d310_c.jpg

The moment I turned the wheel, something feels different...

8422745315_3d72698910_c.jpg

It turns better than the Countach. That's odd, since most car reviews state that the Miura is a pig to drive compared to the Countach.

8423837668_4af4af1f2c_c.jpg

Takuma: "It's even stable at the Follow Through."

Kokoro: "A Miura isn't expected to handle like this?"

Takuma: "Exactly. I'll ask Alessandro and see if he had something to do with it."

8422744663_a7c3b48439_c.jpg

After a few laps, it really turned out to be a better handling car. Once we return home, I immediately contacted Alessandro.

Alessandro: "Oh, hello! Want to know your Countach's progress?"

Takuma: "I drove Otoosan's Miura today. It handled like a track car. Have you fiddled with it?"

Alessandro: "Oh I see. So you finally drove it, eh? How is it that you only drove it just now when you have a lot of time when you are staying here in Europe?"

Takuma: "I just found that tucked away in his garage."

Alessandro: "I'm afraid it's the contrary. Though I know what's been modified."

Takuma: "So what is it?"

Alessandro: "Simple. The suspension is similar to the legendary Jota racing car and an LSD is installed. All those parts came from the Lamborghini factory!"

Takuma: "Impressive..."

Alessandro: "Oh, Ben McCarthy is the one who sent that Miura back to the factory when he tested it. He complained a lot about the car's handling, and even the front-end lift problem! Those modifications cured the problem! But there is even more interesting background about that Miura."

Takuma: "Which is?"

Alessandro: "It's not only owned by Ben McCarthy...

...but also your father, Michiharu, owned it as well."

Takuma: "Why?"

Alessandro: "Those two people have agreed to split the payment since they both love the Miura. And that's when their special bond has formed. Since then, the two have become best friends."

My fathers became best friends because of that Miura, huh? But... I want to know more about my biological father. Takanori tells stories about him, but I think it's not yet enough. I guess I have to rely on Alessandro to know more about him...

I was too irrational to hate him... my anger blinded me from reality. It's too late and I cannot voice out my feelings towards him. I want to...

...apologize.

End of Page 1

8422764425_4410b78705_c.jpg

Last edited:
Page 2 - Catching Up

Kokoro returned to France and will stay there for another week so as to work on her school project. She'll return on the weekend, definitely.

To keep myself from being bored, I decided to head to Italy, to visit Alessandro and...

...buy some pasta.

I visit his garage, and it's filled with cars of various types, from classic to modern era cars. Alessandro can sure do it all. I might as well ask and know more about my biological father.

Takuma: "Buon Giorno."

Alessandro: "Buon Giorno, amico mio! What a wonderful surprise!"

Takuma: "Well, I have nothing to do this week, so I decided to pay a visit here. So, how is the Countach?"

Alessandro: "It's okay now. But I suggest you keep on driving the Miura. You'll get to know your father even more."

Takuma: "I am also here to...

...ask about him."

Alessandro: "I watched your father in his heyday. I must say, he reminded me of you."

Takuma: "What do you mean?"

Alessandro: "Clueless from the start, but wins with fiery determination at the end."

Takuma: "Hey, that's Takanori."

Alessandro: "But how he does it, reminds me of you."

Takuma: "Huh?"

Alessandro: "See? Even you are clueless. He is as calm and composed as you are. He never lets pressure bring him down; and he concentrates at his fullest while his determination fuels his desire to win."

Takuma: "I see."

I grabbed a pack of cigarettes from my pocket. I offered them to Alessandro, and both of us just head out to smoke.

Alessandro: "Hah, and you also got his smoking habits."

Takuma: "I see..."

Alessandro: "You got more of your father's traits than Takanori does. The last time I met him, he theorized that."

Takuma: "Takanori does hate smoking. Just by how many sticks does Michiharu smoke?"

Alessandro: "In a day, he would empty 2 packs. 3 if he's smoking with a friend."

Takuma: "Heh... that's me all right."

Alessandro: "How ironic, amico mio. You hated him in your lifetime..."

I could not reply this time. I am carrying this guilt forever. I'm probably the worst son in the world... No wait, I really am.

Alessandro: "I have a daughter, whom I devote my entire life with."

8428848551_92ed5db7be_c.jpg

Alessandro: "Her name is Millena. Currently, she is a Gallardo Super Trofeo race car driver. The only female to make it there."

8428848373_f4d6d133e8_c.jpg

Alessandro: "She enjoys life like you people of your generation do. She socializes with everyone, and always goes to parties. But she never forgets to hone her skills. I am giving her everything that will make her happy."

8429936854_18f943f440_c.jpg

Alessandro: "You wanna ask why? Because she almost died when she was born. She hanged on for life when she was an infant. Her mother died from childbirth. When she miraculously survived, I promised myself to be the best father that a daughter could ever have."

8428848057_3563244b72_c.jpg

8428847931_3e52f08790_c.jpg

8429936422_92c3988b26_c.jpg

Alessandro: "You know, your father was sad whenever he talked about you. He missed you a lot. Have you ever tried visiting his grave? Even for once?"

Takuma: "I never had the time nor opportunity. But I know apologizing there is simply not enough."

Alessandro: "The last time I met him, he told me that you and Takanori are his most precious gifts that he had. He is thinking about you, and how he wished that he could turn back time and saved you himself."

Takuma: "Whenever I hear his name, it's like a part of me is lacking..."

Alessandro: "Someday, there will be a time that you'll finally see him, even in just dreams. While there, don't lose yourself in the moment and blurt out all your feelings to him. You have a lot of catching up to do."

I just wonder when... You just dream of random stuff, so chances of meeting Michiharu would be so slim.

Wait, why am I calling him by his first name?

DAMN! I'M SO PATHETIC!

End of Page 2

8429959726_7475ac94e8_c.jpg

Next page will be posted later.

It will be about Millena and Takuma meeting in Monza.

Since it's all about Lamborghinis, I decided to end pages with a Lambo saying "Moooooo!". Just a gimmick. :P

The next story would probably be about Paris-Dakar Rally. Not so sure about it.

Page 3 - The Gallardo Girl

I am contemplating the words I said against my biological father. I don't know, are they really worth saying those bitter words? Otousan did tell me that he abandoned me, so it was normal for me to get mad and shunned him out my life permanently.

When Takanori came in the picture, that's when I realized all my conceptions of him are truly wrong. He tells me every bit of his personality, but still...

...part of me is very eager to meet him. Otousan, why? Why did you have to lie? Is it for the love that you showered upon me?

I still have to dig deeper. Maybe this Miura could give me an answer...

Autodromo Nazionale Monza, 12 PM

8432841016_424196648b_c.jpg

Seems that the Miura is very stable at 250 KM/H. It's very notorious to lift when one reaches that speed. It seems that the Jota racing suspension is doing its homework very well.

8431756005_afd2a19c10_c.jpg

It's also stable through the turns as well. It could use a bit of opposite lock, though. Well, that's normal for a high-powered rear wheel drive car.

8431755789_e51539451c_c.jpg

Entering the apex. Pretty neat.

8432840410_827cdf96b9_c.jpg

This Miura is very compliant to driver inputs. Otousan loves a car that possesses that trait. Sending it back to the Lamborghini factory was a good course of action.

8431755299_6c28a3ae02_c.jpg

If Otousan and Mi... no... I'll call him Oyaji. If Oyaji and Otousan share ownership of this car, then what has Oyaji contributed to this car? I'm trying to find out.

8431755043_b59f6aaa92_c.jpg

I should have asked Takanori what are Oyaji's preferences when it comes to car performance.

8432839620_0caa31c23b_c.jpg

With an LSD in place, drifting is a breeze.

After a few laps, I decided to return to the pit lane to take a break. Bored, I opened the glove box to read something interesting. While I grabbed the owner's manual, a small piece of paper fell off.

I picked it up, and it contains the detailed suspension settings of the Miura.

Then at the end of the writing, something surprised me.

Truly yours,

Michiharu Kanonji.

So Oyaji came up with the suspension settings? To be honest though, Otousan never did a lot of mechanical work. He leaves it all to his trusted mechanics and tuners to do the work.

Then I hear something. A deep roar of a high-revving engine... it's familiar.

Then it finally passed by at the main straight. A green Gallardo!

8431754393_003b493911_c.jpg

I'd pick a Gallardo over a Ferrari 458. It has something that the 458 sorely lacks....

...which is a soul.

8431754225_02b5836da6_c.jpg

8431753773_ca3b5f8aaa_c.jpg

Despite being loaded with gizmos, the Gallardo still reminds us on how crazy and loud Lamborghinis are. And it's a perfect car for those who want to taste the brutality of a Fighting Bull.

8431753371_34405627cb_c.jpg

No wonder Otousan is very loyal to Lamborghini. The cars never failed to satisfy him.

8432837958_1ddc019094_c.jpg

Moments later, the Gallardo stops in front of me at the pit lane. A woman driver comes out and takes off her helmet. She has a wavy medium-length blonde hair and red lips. She looks like someone who is similar to my age.

Millena: "Buon Giorno. Are you... wait a second... Takanori?"

Takuma: "I'm afraid not. Takanori has brown hair. You are seeing a navy blue hair."

Millena: "Oh I'm sorry. You're Takuma! It's an honor to meet one of the Kanonji twins."

Takuma: "Nice to meet you too, Ms..."

Millena: "My name is Millena Rossi. My father is your mechanic, right?"

Takuma: "Oh, so you are his daughter."

Millena: "I am currently a Gallardo Super Trofeo racing driver. I want to aim even higher. I want to enter to your team... just kidding!"

Takuma: "Well, that's a possibility. There's nothing wrong in aiming high."

Millena: "My father always showers me with everything I want. And this is the only way to repay him."

Takuma: "That's good. Good thing you still have a father to meet with when you arrive home. While I...

...have none."

Millena: "I see... But you know, I have also looked up to Michiharu Kanonji as an inspiration. Even though I never met him, my father always tells me about his amazing achievements."

Takuma: "Good for you. I never met him...

...ever. Excuse me, I gotta go. Let's talk some other time."

How rude of me. I stormed out just like that. But really, it shifted my mood.

End of Page 3

Back