The Homosexuality Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Duke
  • 9,138 comments

I think homosexuality is:

• a problem that needs to be cured.

Votes: 88 6.0%
  • a sin against God/Nature.

Votes: 145 9.8%
  • OK as long as they don't talk about it.

Votes: 62 4.2%
  • OK for anybody.

Votes: 416 28.2%
  • nobody's business but the people involved.

Votes: 765 51.8%

• Total voters
I'm not sure that cultural bias changes that much in just a decade or two.
I agree with that completely, but I dare say the results of the poll probably aren't an accurate representation of the beliefs of those who participate on this site, much less of society. (Is any?) The results reflect the views of those who chose to vote, at the time that they voted. I have good reason to believe you know and understand this, so I'm not saying it for your benefit so much as just to say it.

I think it's an interesting hypothetical proposition. We don't actually know who voted, let alone how they voted, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone saw the option they picked however long ago and shook their head. It reminds me of someone recently being reminded of their comments from years back in the abortion thread and actually calling themselves out on it.

I still haven't voted in the poll. I first posted in this thread in 2011, and whilst I can see why I wrote what I wrote, I probably wouldn't say something that came across as such a negative generalisation now. I then posted again in 2014 and that position still represents my opinion.

Homosexuality - created by your god.

So is sin.

The Abrahamic god created our universe full of pitfalls and traps so that he could put the good people in heaven and torture the bad people for eternity, and of course he already knew who he would put in heaven and who he wouldn't (he knows everything). He created Adam and Eve knowing full well what they would do, and then cast them out of Eden for doing it and being what he knew they would be, and then condemned their offspring with original sin and sent them to hell for also doing what he designed them to do.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. They convey the same message.

[Edit] I think "beatin'-ass" has a nicer ring to it.

(˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)
I think with the beatin first, it makes the bible sound like its tattered, where as with the beatin after, it sounds like the bible is being used as a paddle. No?

I think with the beatin first, it makes the bible sound like its tattered, where as with the beatin after, it sounds like the bible is being used as a paddle. No?
Not to my mind. Beaten? Sure. And if you're speaking it aloud, where one might imagine the difference isn't so readily apparent, you're able to place the emphasis on "beat" so as to make the intent clear.

Consider "paddlin'-ass" versus "ass-paddlin'"; they also convey the same message.

Consider "paddlin'-ass" versus "ass-paddlin'"; they also convey the same message.
Paddlin'-ass is either the act of paddlin' an/some ass or it's an ass used for paddlin'.

Ass-paddlin' is either the act of paddlin' an/some ass or it's an occasion involving the paddlin' of an/some ass.

I think.

Ass-paddlin' is either the act of paddlin' an/some ass or it's an occasion involving the paddlin' of an/some ass.

Here's an alternative interpretation:

w1u48o9u5p2u.jpg

I get you. The same goes for me, and I'll always be the first to say I'm not infallible.

Paddlin'-ass is either the act of paddlin' an/some ass or it's an ass used for paddlin'.

To my mind, "paddlin'-ass" is an adjective to describe something used for paddling ass. In this particular context, "ass-paddlin'" is equally correct.

250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27.png

An ass used for paddling would likely be a "paddlin' ass"; not hyphenated.

"Beatin'-ass", much like "leather-bound", was used to describe the bible. Of course, the ass being beaten by the beatin'-ass bible may also be leather-bound.

(˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

Here's an alternative interpretation:

w1u48o9u5p2u.jpg
That right there is one paddlin'-ass (or ass-paddlin') man!

Brilliant. But I don't think that one would be hyphenated.
I think that depends on how it's used.

:)

These are the important discussions!

Oh maybe he’s set me to ignore then? /shrug

It says he's limited who can access his account when I click on it. I'm guessing he hasn't gone out of his way to block me since we've never conversed...

I haven't been banned, nor is anybody blocked. Not sure why my account is saying limited access. Just been crazy busy. Lots going on. I can still paddle an ass with the best of them though.

Ken
I haven't been banned, nor is anybody blocked. Not sure why my account is saying limited access. Just been crazy busy. Lots going on. I can still paddle an ass with the best of them though.
They were talking about @VFOURMAX1, unless you are him. ;)

Ken
Well, aren't I a giant dodo head? :embarrassed:

Half asleep and read things wrong. It's my first time back in months. I'm rusty. Where's the paddle?

Probably being used for paddling ass.

So is sin.

The Abrahamic god created our universe full of pitfalls and traps so that he could put the good people in heaven and torture the bad people for eternity, and of course he already knew who he would put in heaven and who he wouldn't (he knows everything). He created Adam and Eve knowing full well what they would do, and then cast them out of Eden for doing it and being what he knew they would be, and then condemned their offspring with original sin and sent them to hell for also doing what he designed them to do.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.
God giving aids and cancer to innocent children while at the same time starting hurricanes and earth quakes makes perfect sense as well, right?

No, it doesn’t. The fact that people with views like yours exist in the 21st century gives me the creeps.

God giving aids and cancer to innocent children while at the same time starting hurricanes and earth quakes makes perfect sense as well, right?

No, it doesn’t. The fact that people with views like yours exist in the 21st century gives me the creeps.
Did... did you read only one post in the last two pages or have you glossed over all the other posts made and just zeroed in on that one... from like 6, 7 months ago. Surely that length of time was enough to read this whole thread in full... I really think you ate missing parts of this conversation.

Read that last line in my post again with a huge dose of sarcasm. :)

Back