The Honda Beat Is the Sporty Kei Car That's Big on Fun and Small in Size

Over here in Canada I think I've seen at least one these before. The import cutoff is 15 years here I think.

I was able to ride in one once and it was a hilarious little thing. I love Kei cars, and it solidified that I must own one at some point in the future. The only thing is it's super scary to be next to trucks or semis.

I love Kei Sports Cars. The car I was most looking forward to in the latest update was the Honda S660 and it’s as much fun as I expected to throw around. I really want them to bring it to Europe, and Kei cars in general. There are so many great ones. I suppose it would be sad if they weren’t exclusive to Japan any longer and it took away something special about Japanese motoring, but I think the benefits to everyone are too great to pass up.

I have seen one in white during my family trip to Japan back in January of this year. Looks great! Here are my photos of the Honda Beat.

fTpZZCX.png

JMj6jjc.png

I can't agree with the AZ-1 comment. The Beat was always a plain and ugly spud, and you can date it pretty much to the year. The AZ-1 was much more adventurous, and I think it's aged much better than the uber-Japanese Honda.

Just my 2 yen. Go see Tom's Turbo Garage to see how he dressed his AZ-1 up.

I can't agree with the AZ-1 comment. The Beat was always a plain and ugly spud, and you can date it pretty much to the year. The AZ-1 was much more adventurous, and I think it's aged much better than the uber-Japanese Honda.

Just my 2 yen. Go see Tom's Turbo Garage to see how he dressed his AZ-1 up.
But if you look at them stock, the Beat is smooth. The AZ-1 looks more 1980s(like an MR2) than '90s.

Back