The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,040 comments
Seriously? Sarcasm? You think sarcasm gonna help. Good for you
With just a bit of going through this thread you would have seen that the race is absolutely possible.
The faster AI even pits 3 times pretty often after update 1.43, which actually makes this event easier than before.
If you dont win on 2 stops, you really just are too slow.
There is no secret to it other than finding the car that suits your driving, sticking to it to learn its habits, and sticking to the track for (and by) practice until you can win.

When I first attempted it I was thinking "how the hell did I just finish on p12?".
When I now play it I am thinking "how much faster are better players still?".
Just consider it like this: have a look at the online timetrials, then see the difference of your laptime to the world record, multiply that by (just in this case) 30 have the speed difference over a 1h race.

And then either surrender to this event, or try to become better - the 2nd is what this game is made for: playing.

Last edited:
@Meythia the most challenging car to get a win with here?
To me it was the old Audi.
I really had to hold back to make the tyres life worth 10 laps to make it to the pits.
This also applies (or applied, I think it has "slightly" improved with one of the recent uptades) to the Lambo and the new Audi, but the old Audi also was slower than them.
With every other car I dont have any trouble doing 10 laps without getting (much) slower because of tyrewear.
Adding to that I have troubles braking and cornering with them, which also goes for the Ferrari, but the pony car at least doesnt destroy tyres, sounds nice and has the speed to stay ahead.

And lastly I simply generally dont like Audis, so I maybe just am bad because I am biased against them 🙄

I did this yesterday after quite a few tries and lots of practice (in v1.43).
I used the Porsche 911 with a 10/10/10 lap RM strategy and was doing 1:59:xx laps most of the time, my fastest was 1:58:04.
Interestingly, Rubilar here also did 3 stops (same as Yamanaka), which might have been key to my success. The biggest threat in the end was Fraga.

After failing a few times I did the Circuit Experience in the Alfa again, all sectors multiple times so I could consistently set a gold time there. It did not improve my fastest lap times with the Porsche however, I had done 1:57:30 before.
What did change though was my consistency, that went quite up and I think this was key.
For me before that my line through turns 2 and 5 (? the V-shaped one) was rather random, also about the line in the last corner I had been unsure.

It's really important to not make any mistakes. On the attempt before the successful one I had a similar performance and was 9s ahead of Rubilar at lap 23, when I spun out on the throttle after turn 1, which cost me about 6 seconds, which made everything fall apart, Rubilar caught up quite quickly (although it wouldn't have been a problem due to his extra pit stop) and then also Gallo and Fraga came with crazy speed and I just made more mistakes and ended up 9th or so in the end (Gallo pushed me wide and later on when overtaking a backmarker out of the last corner I hit him in a way that I spun out into the pit lane...).

Last edited:
In my current account this one is my last challenge. Did it on first try in an AMG '20 back in the day, before latest updates.

Question: There is now a GT3 Cup event, 5 laps, BoP on Lago Maggiore. Does this give a good picture of which cars to use? I tried the often mentioned Mazda RX Vision and am not sure about it. In the AMG '20 i was instantly faster again.

5 laps, BoP on Lago Maggiore.
5 laps is only a limited scope of a 1h race. As there is no pitting required, you dont really see the difference of tyrewear, or - although this has become pretty close between most of the cars - how to manage fuel.

The Mazda usually is a strong contender because it is (or was) very fuel efficient and light on the tyres compared to most of the other cars, except for the McLaren 650. But my personal experience/test of all avialable cars was back in version 1.31 of the game and I havent done any new attempts with all of them but those that I liked.

In my current account this one is my last challenge. Did it on first try in an AMG '20 back in the day, before latest updates.

Question: There is now a GT3 Cup event, 5 laps, BoP on Lago Maggiore. Does this give a good picture of which cars to use? I tried the often mentioned Mazda RX Vision and am not sure about it. In the AMG '20 i was instantly faster again.
I was way faster in the Mazda

No. I’m with controller, doing 1:57 per lap, and still lose by 5/10 secounds. Difficulty doesn’t matter in this race, tried all three. I’ve tested a couple of things with the AI and there’s something fishy on this race.
But I don’t care. Already got platinum on the game, not gonna waste any more time on this.
You just have to try and get up to 2nd by lap 3 or 4, then put on lap 11 and 21 If you don't restart.

Rx7 on medium

Tried this race last night in the GT500 Supra. Good on fuel, but the front tires only last 9 laps. Really hard to put in sub 2 minute lap times when you can't get grip on the front end. Rubilar in his M6 Endurance only pitted twice after laps 11 and 23. He beat me by almost a minute through 30 laps. I took 6th place.

Something that surprised me was that there were no rolling roadblocks in this race. Maybe the updates to the game have changed the pit strategy for all AI and now everyone has fuel for the whole race. Last time I ran this race there were a couple AI that ran out of fuel and rolled around at 60 mph blocking the AI really well. That didn't happen this time. I think I'll try the M6 Endurance next.

Maybe the updates to the game have changed the pit strategy for all AI and now everyone has fuel for the whole race.
I think the previous update made it "too easy" with the occasional 3 pit stops of the AI and now they have corrected it again.

The previous update was as hard as it gets.
The AI at least did one extra pit I have never seen before, making the race much easier than I remember.
1709145281370.png
1709145302890.png
This was 1.43, AI pitting 3 times is like an automated 15-40 second advantage.

I dont see how it can be any easier.

There seems to be some new BoP for mid tuning on Gr.3 cars with this update. Should make the McLaren even better than it was. Unfortunately I don’t own that car in my 2nd account. I guess I’ll use the BMW or the Mazda if that doesn’t work.

I did that race and they only pitted twice.
I said this was the previous (1.43) patch and now it propably is corrected.

Also I did it twice again on the current patch (1.44) and it wasnt changed, some of them still did 3 pit stops, but it wasnt as frequent as before: Rubilar 3 stops in Race 1, and 2 stops in Race 2, which introduces some kind of random difficulty ever more than ever before - which means if you are not further behind than 20 seconds you dont know if you win until lap 30 begins.
Beofer that I have never seen more than 2 stops. So in fact it currently still is easier than before.

New BoP for Hyunday Genesis feels nice.
New BoP for F-Type makes it less stable in the final corner.
new BoP for Lancer seems to be good - if I feel like it I propably will try again.

I haven't tried this for about a year and could only get a silver back then but I've finally got round to trying again. Used the 2020 Merc. RMs are utterly knackered on laps 9 and 10 of the stint but TCS up to 1 for these two laps makes things a bit better. Won by 17.1s, might've been more had Grady not wound me up; just after my first stop I was passing him again and he pushed me into the wall just before the downhill straight, so I made sure I spun him out when I got him again.

Best lap was a 1:57.097, though I was just pipped by Hizal on that front. The Merc is so lovely to drive and easy to be consistent; I had a 6-lap run all of 1:57.5s in stint 3.

I tested the black Ford GT with the buffed PP level. It’s actually pretty good on fuel. 12 laps on FM1. Despite its extra PP it’s really not meta. At least not in my hands. Yamanaka was still turning low 1:58’s and Rubilar could hit 1:57 in his M6. Of course Fraga will hit some low 1:57’s in the second stint but I’m only able to hit low 1:58’s in the black Ford.

I tested the black Ford GT with the buffed PP level. It’s actually pretty good on fuel. 12 laps on FM1. Despite its extra PP it’s really not meta. At least not in my hands. Yamanaka was still turning low 1:58’s and Rubilar could hit 1:57 in his M6. Of course Fraga will hit some low 1:57’s in the second stint but I’m only able to hit low 1:58’s in the black Ford.
I couldnt make the extra power into extra speed neither. Not in the 1h mission, and even in the short I wouldnt have been much faster, too much relearning the braking points with the extra speed.

Did it today in an Mazda RX Vision. Really good and easy on tires and fuel. Most of the drivers pitted 3 times. Would have won anyway as i was leading since lap 12.

I finally finished this race the other day, getting totally destroyed even in the bugged Ford GT. I made it up to 2nd place but a mild spinout changed that. The refueling speed is a killer, too.

Ford Mustang doesnt feel like a boat anymore, propably going to try again.
Subaru WRX feels absolutely nice, likely I need to rerun all cars, because this one is currently outstandingly good on cornering to my past experiences, I dont know how much the others have changed.

Did it today in an Mazda RX Vision. Really good and easy on tires and fuel. Most of the drivers pitted 3 times. Would have won anyway as i was leading since lap 12.
What kind of lap times you were doing?
I'm struggling with this, I guess I'm just not good enough or consistent. I mostly do 1:59's with best lap 1:57,5 to 1:58

If i remember correctly mostly high 57 and 58, Best was probably a low 57.

It seems you are not much slower but a little bit more inconsistent (perhaps).

I finally won this race yesterday with the Mazda RX vision.You have to be very consistent and this car helps a lot.

This race has no mercy.One mistake or penalty and you're done.

Thanks for the Aston Martin. :D

After six tries this week I managed to finally win this one. I did it with Porsche 911 RSR. L.Fraga was pushing me from his last pit stop to the line and he was much faster but I had some luck with traffic and I was able to defend myself. In the end he was 1,5 seconds behind me.

Back