The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
Hi to all...there is this 3d for Human Comedy

I’m stuck on the Red Bull Ring mission. I can get to P2 by the time the rain starts, and have P1 while everyone changes their tires, but the rest of the race I get passed like I’m standing still because I’m slipping around on Wet tires like an idiot. I’ve tried TC 6 and it only slows me down even more as I slip around just as much but can’t accelerate out of the corners. This is driving me nuts! Can somebody help me figure this out?!

I’m stuck on the Red Bull Ring mission. I can get to P2 by the time the rain starts, and have P1 while everyone changes their tires, but the rest of the race I get passed like I’m standing still because I’m slipping around on Wet tires like an idiot. I’ve tried TC 6 and it only slows me down even more as I slip around just as much but can’t accelerate out of the corners. This is driving me nuts! Can somebody help me figure this out?!
Try this:
Peugeot rcz gr3. Start with softs, pit on lap10, softs again, full fuel. Pit on lap 19(when rain starts), switch to full rain tires, full fuel. Pit on lap 28, switch to softs, full fuel. Race ends at lap 36. Fuel map always on 1.

I haven't done that race yet, so don't know how bad the rain gets or how long it lasts, but if you're on full Wets, do you think it would be possible to use Inters instead? In theory, they should last longer as the track dries out, if that's when you're getting passed?

Try this:
Peugeot rcz gr3. Start with softs, pit on lap10, softs again, full fuel. Pit on lap 19(when rain starts), switch to full rain tires, full fuel. Pit on lap 28, switch to softs, full fuel. Race ends at lap 36. Fuel map always on 1.
Thanks for that. It matches what I’ve been doing. It’s the driving in the rain part that is getting me. I got the gold S license at Spa, so you’d think I’d be able to do this with the right tires, but no, not at all.

I haven't done that race yet, so don't know how bad the rain gets or how long it lasts, but if you're on full Wets, do you think it would be possible to use Inters instead? In theory, they should last longer as the track dries out, if that's when you're getting passed?
I’m getting passed in the full downpour by drivers who haven’t even switched from RM tires yet! It’s maddening! TC1? Nope. TC6? Nope. Short shift for less torque? It helps, but I’m still spinning out while they’re flying by full speed, splashing puddles in my face. Or worse, they get behind me and pit me rather than maneuver around me. Im just lost! I need more practice in the rain, obviously, but this is madness.

Or . . . a human comedy, and I’m the punchline.

Edit: one last thought. Would an MR vehicle work better since the weight is over the driving wheels? I usually avoid these because I’m terrible with them, but it can’t really get any worse for me. . .

Last edited:
Thanks for that. It matches what I’ve been doing. It’s the driving in the rain part that is getting me. I got the gold S license at Spa, so you’d think I’d be able to do this with the right tires, but no, not at all.

I’m getting passed in the full downpour by drivers who haven’t even switched from RM tires yet! It’s maddening! TC1? Nope. TC6? Nope. Short shift for less torque? It helps, but I’m still spinning out while they’re flying by full speed, splashing puddles in my face. Or worse, they get behind me and pit me rather than maneuver around me. Im just lost! I need more practice in the rain, obviously, but this is madness.

Or . . . a human comedy, and I’m the punchline.

Edit: one last thought. Would an MR vehicle work better since the weight is over the driving wheels? I usually avoid these because I’m terrible with them, but it can’t really get any worse for me. . .
When you're in the heavy raining part of the race, try switching to tcs1 or tcs2 (tcs0 in heavy rain even with full rain tyres, its a bit tricky to control the car). I won that race in tcs1 all the way. Its in the pit stops that you win.

When you're in the heavy raining part of the race, try switching to tcs1 or tcs2 (tcs0 in heavy rain even with full rain tyres, its a bit tricky to control the car). I won that race in tcs1 all the way. Its in the pit stops that you win.
I’ll stick with TC1, which was my tendency. But seriously, I’ve got the pit stops down pat. It’s the fact that I’m running laps at 2:30 in the rain when everyone else is running 1:50 that is killing me. I simply don’t understand why they don’t have to slow down. Or at least the good drivers. Lots of spin outs by the whole field, but still they’re able to pass me in the rain like I’m standing still. I completely lose the advantage of making the proper rain tire choice in one pit stop when I drive so slow that they could pit every single lap and still pass me.

I used the GT500 Nissan R34 with just ABS weak. Run RM until lap 10, then do tyres and fuel. Run until lap 19 when it chucks it down and run wets until they really start to wear on the dry track, then just throw some RS on at lap 30 and run until the end. Not sure what fuel map I used, but I don't think I really saved much. Chances are most of them will switch back to RS too early and will lose a ton of time. Just watch the standing water when you lap other cars.

I used the Subaru BRZ GT300. TCS1, RS, fuel map 1, pitted end of lap 9 for new RS and full fuel. By the time I pitted again on lap 18 for full wets & fuel I was in first place. Come out and changed to TCS 5 until it started to dry a bit. Pitted again end of lap 27 for RS & full refuel. Had one spin before the end but finished 12 secs clear of 2nd place and had lapped the rest.

I simply don’t understand why they don’t have to slow down. Or at least the good drivers. Lots of spin outs by the whole field, but still they’re able to pass me in the rain like I’m standing still.
I've noticed that too. My advice would be don't try to keep up with them. They're using some AI magic. Drive at your own pace in the rain. Try setting the fuel map lean when it's wet. You don't need full power and it will help not spin out, plus it will save pit-stop time.

I had many attempts at this one before winning it. Ironically the time I won was when I'd given up on the race. I got dive-bombed by one of the AI, spinning me round into the wall about half-way through. I was so cheesed off I went after the offender and smashed him off the track. That cheered me up no end so I did it again, sending us both into the gravel and damaging my car. For some reason instead of quitting I decided to carry on to the end, and ended up winning. The AI all messed up their strategy and were on the wrong tyres so either went really slowly or had to pit again.

I got dive-bombed by one of the AI, spinning me round into the wall about half-way through. I was so cheesed off I went after the offender and smashed him off the track. That cheered me up no end so I did it again, sending us both into the gravel and damaging my car.
I keep getting pitted. It’s crazy. They bump me and I fly off the track. And if I try to bump them, I fly off the track. If I do t drive fast enough, they run me off the track. If I try to drive fast enough, I run myself off the track. This mission is killing me!

I’ll stick with TC1, which was my tendency. But seriously, I’ve got the pit stops down pat. It’s the fact that I’m running laps at 2:30 in the rain when everyone else is running 1:50 that is killing me. I simply don’t understand why they don’t have to slow down. Or at least the good drivers. Lots of spin outs by the whole field, but still they’re able to pass me in the rain like I’m standing still. I completely lose the advantage of making the proper rain tire choice in one pit stop when I drive so slow that they could pit every single lap and still pass me.
I dont understand whats happening in your situation. I just did the race again, same car, almost same strategy (pit stop laps and tyres same, but this time i used tcs0 from lap1 to lap19 and tcs1 after). Won by 1:05 over 2nd. You're saying you are having trouble in the raining part. Thats where the AI drivers fail the most. Beavouis (the one in 1st place in the first half of the race) pitted 3 times between lap 19 and lap 28. And there about 3 yellow flags in the same period.
20220513_213014.jpg

I dont understand whats happening in your situation. I just did the race again, same car, almost same strategy (pit stop laps and tyres same, but this time i used tcs0 from lap1 to lap19 and tcs1 after). Won by 1:05 over 2nd. You're saying you are having trouble in the raining part. Thats where the AI drivers fail the most. Beavouis (the one in 1st place in the first half of the race) pitted 3 times between lap 19 and lap 28. And there about 3 yellow flags in the same period.
View attachment 1149695
Ok

"Peugeot rcz gr3. Start with softs, pit on lap10, softs again, full fuel. Pit on lap 19(when rain starts), switch to full rain tires, full fuel. Pit on lap 28, switch to softs, full fuel. Race ends at lap 36. Fuel map always on 1."
Thanks for sharing!

Alsace guide is outdated. Everything is faster if you turn down to 450 pp(150 hp and additional 60kg of balast). It is around 470pp after using settings in guide.

Reasoning
I wanted to make a guide for all Human Comedy races in one place, as an easy look-up for people who are yet to complete the races. I will post strategies for the races i have completed so far, and update the post with results for the rest as i get them finished.

I drove all races on PS5 in frame rate mode using the PS5 controller with ABS enabled, but all other assists disabled.

1. Mazda Roadster Touring - Tsukuba
This race is all about changing tires at the right time. I won the race with a gap of about 15 seconds after using a really bad strategy costing me two additional stops, but the race can easily be won with a large margin by boxing at smart times.

Tune:
Pretty basic tune lowering power a bit, and adding some ballast to keep the car at 600pp.
View attachment 1137987
View attachment 1137988

Strategy:
Stay on dry tires through the first patch of rain, as it will pass quickly. Drive carefully and gain a lot of time on the AI due to them going to inters and back again.

When the second patch of rain comes, go straight to full wet tires when there is not enough grip to stay on dry tires. When the racing line drys enough for slicks, switch back and drive very carefully to avoid going to the wet patches and slide of.

Fuel saving should not be necessary.

2. BAC Mono - Trial Mountain
All about staying smooth and reducing tire wear in this very slippery car.
View attachment 1137997

Tune:
Remember to upgrade parts improving pp that doesn’t change HP or weight. I stiffened the rear of the car a bit to try and improve grip, but it doesn’t make much of a difference.
View attachment 1137998
View attachment 1137999

Strategy:
For this race i went on SS tires all the way, stopping at 20 and 40 minutes for fresh tires and fuel. Fuel map 1 all the way.
The most important thing to make the race easier is to avoid sliding, especially on the rear tires, as the car melts through them if driven hard. If you conserve tires, you should catch up on the AIs during the later parts of the stints.

3. Kei Cars - Autopolis
Probably the most boring of the races, but the strategy is quite simple. I used the S660 and fuel map 1 the entire race and won by quite a large margin.
View attachment 1138000

Tune:
Basic tune upping the car to 400pp. I put on a medium-range turbo to be able to run at a bit lower revs and save fuel that way.
View attachment 1138001
View attachment 1138002

Strategy:
Stop at 20 and 40 minutes for fuel and fresh tires. Like the BAC, it’s important to avoid sliding too much, as the tires will wear out quickly if you do.
Fuel map 1 all the way through, but you can switch at 75% rpm bar to save a bit of fuel.

4. Road cars (550pp) - Kyoto
This was a fun race with lots of different viable cars. I ended up using the Supra RZ ‘20, but i tested out the Yaris GR, Silvia S15 Aero and NSX Type R and all of the cars did great.
View attachment 1138003

Tune:
I tuned the car for 550pp using SH tires, as 550 SM performs very closely in lap times but the medium tires wear out a lot quicker. Important thing for this race is to make sure that the car can‘t reach 240 as getting the 240 km/h rotational G to 0 will reduce PP a lot and allow for performance gains in other places.
View attachment 1138004
View attachment 1138005

Strategy:
I used a 1-stop strategy with a stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and topped fuel for 11-laps remaining.
This is what I used for Deep Forest. It’s basically a modded praiano tune. Very consistent 1:36’s
D004EE0A-4600-4F4F-B44A-A0E58C221B48.png
17A208BD-7F87-41BC-92E0-5D148723993A.png

Try this:
I don't like the rcz...personal preference just on how it drives, if others are struggling there are definitely other viable choices to try. I just finished 2nd and currently furious, span multiple times on final lap to give up a 1 min lead then totally lost it on final corner and got passed by Beauvois, literally watched him drive past on the final corner final lap while I failed to get out of the gravel like a moron lols. Delicious. But the strategy I used would have worked if I didn't so catastrophically ruin my final lap.
Car: GR Supra racing concept '18 (very easy to drive/handle and good straight line speed)
1. Start on racing soft, fuel map 2
2. Pit at end of lap 10. New racing softs, refuel, change to fuel map 1
3. Pit at end of lap 19 (wall of rain should be about to hit on radar). Swap to full wets, refuel. I used fuel map 6 because can't really go all out anyway, doesn't really matter though
4. Pit at end of lap 26 (rain should be cleared). Swap to racing softs, refuel
From there you can go to the end. I used fuel map 2 for a bit but probably could just fuel map 1 the whole way.
Should leave you about a minute ahead if you don't make a serious of hilarious final lap mistakes like me. Time to go run it again :)

Last edited:
I don't like the rcz...personal preference just on how it drives, if others are struggling there are definitely other viable choices to try. I just finished 2nd and currently furious, span multiple times on final lap to give up a 1 min lead then totally lost it on final corner and got passed by Beauvois, literally watched him drive past on the final corner final lap while I failed to get out of the gravel like a moron lols. Delicious. But the strategy I used would have worked if I didn't so catastrophically ruin my final lap.
Car: GR Supra racing concept '18 (very easy to drive/handle and good straight line speed)
1. Start on racing soft, fuel map 2
2. Pit at end of lap 10. New racing softs, refuel, change to fuel map 1
3. Pit at end of lap 19 (wall of rain should be about to hit on radar). Swap to full wets, refuel. I used fuel map 6 because can't really go all out anyway, doesn't really matter though
4. Pit at end of lap 26 (rain should be cleared). Swap to racing softs, refuel
From there you can go to the end. I used fuel map 2 for a bit but probably could just fuel map 1 the whole way.
Should leave you about a minute ahead if you don't make a serious of hilarious final lap mistakes like me. Time to go run it again :)
I'm sure there are more viable options. I only tried this race with 2 cars. Prior the peugeot rcz gr3, i tried Mclaren 650 gr3. Things didnt go well, but the peugeot was a dominant beast. With that strategy, I won with over 1:00 over the 2nd.

Last edited:
Need some tips on making the Miata mission easier.

I had two goes and finished 2nd both times with the 3 stop strategy. First one I had some mistakes ending up in the gravel, and thought the same strategy should be good to go on the second run. 2nd run was faster and there weren't any major mistakes, but I got overtaken at the end again. I think the second run would've been fine if I made a 4th stop to go back to the slicks.

I'm at 1830 pounds, 218hp, 154.8 ft-lbs of torque, brake upgrade and about 45kg of ballast on racing hards. I've also had to use the fuel maps to make this work.

Would going to racing medium help and using more ballast? Should I take off the power upgrades? Get a customizable transmission and/or suspension?

Need some tips on making the Miata mission easier.

I had two goes and finished 2nd both times with the 3 stop strategy. First one I had some mistakes ending up in the gravel, and thought the same strategy should be good to go on the second run. 2nd run was faster and there weren't any major mistakes, but I got overtaken at the end again. I think the second run would've been fine if I made a 4th stop to go back to the slicks.

I'm at 1830 pounds, 218hp, 154.8 ft-lbs of torque, brake upgrade and about 45kg of ballast on racing hards. I've also had to use the fuel maps to make this work.

Would going to racing medium help and using more ballast? Should I take off the power upgrades? Get a customizable transmission and/or suspension?
See post #1 in this thread for a tune and strategy - should be helpful for you 👍

See post #1 in this thread for a tune and strategy - should be helpful for you 👍
I tried the racing mediums and won by over a lap, but that strategy doesn't seem totally right. Unless there are two pit stops before the wet tires you will need to save fuel.

I don't know what was up with that second run yesterday. The AI must've pitted less.

I think racing hards or mediums are both an option. With mediums you'll need a bit less power and more ballast, but for this challenge it should more or less be the same.

Strategy wise I would recommend the following:
Pit at lap 18 for new slicks,
and then around lap 36 for heavy wet tires once the circuit is decently wet (fuel saving will be needed to make it that far),
Last stop is to pit around lap 47 for slicks once the track is drying (partial fuel to make it to the end)

First two stints require fuel saving. 3rd stint doesn't but you're in the wet, so adjust to preference, short shift, do whatever you prefer.

Be cautious in the wet. Brake early if you're not sure. Time lost off track will be greater than if you slow down early on the track.

You can also steam into the pits at full power, just keep to the right.

Last edited:
Back