The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
I ran this one and finished 3rd, 1 minute behind P1. I thought the problem was me running 2.30/2.31.xx laps, whilst the cars in front were running 2.26.xx, and then I saw your fastest lap time of 2.24.xx!

I must be doing something really wrong, as I've more power than you, more torque, and less weight......🤔
Same... i'd read how easy this one was with the S660... not true.
Looks as no race is like the other, generally. On Autopolis I used the Cappuccino ( the UCD trend :lol: ), my average laps were a bit below 2:30 and nowhere near the S660 FL, however crossing the line I had lapped the whole field. :D

Looks like I've been quite lucky so far as I've won every race ( 1 - 6 ) at the first try.
The cars I've used ( setups from Praiano ) :
Roadster
Mono
Cappuccino
Lancer Final
FD3S RX-7
Stratos
_________________________________________________________________________________
BTW The Alsace race with the Stratos was incredibly cool - one of the best races I had so far. :cheers:

Last edited:
Looks as no race is like the other, generally
Absolutely true! Every time I've tried to follow a strategy detailed here, the race, and often the competitors I have faced, have been very different.

Even when I think I've got my own strategy sussed, I re-enter the event, and find it's all changed!

Looks as no race is like the other, generally. On Autopolis I used the Cappuccino ( the UCD trend :lol: ), my average laps were a bit below 2:30 and nowhere near the S660 FL, however crossing the line I had lapped the whole field. :D
Wow! You lapped the field!!! I used the Cappuccino too and was running a bit below 2.30's and crossed the line in first only a short distance in front of two other cars (can't remember exactly what it was but I did pull a gap on the last half a lap). I had to fight them off multiple times over the last couple of laps because their straight line handling was far, far better than mine. I thought I was going to get swamped at one stage when I made a small mistake.

I'd tuned a S660 before the last update to do that race that could run easy mid 2.20's but I hadn't had the time to run it and then the last update pushed 14pp over the limit. :irked::lol:

Wow! You lapped the field!!! ...
Ho mate, no idea how this happened. But I believe everything's possible since today :lol: when I saw Tsutsu Beauvois in his Merc, the dominating driver of the Mission 7 race on RBR, stuck for a whole minute sitting on the rear wing of some backmarker, incapable to overtake, and letting me pass for the lead just like that ... My guess is he was searching for a Baguette.
:banghead::dunce::cheers:

And Mic, you'll smash the field with your S660 ! :D

Last edited:
My strategy for red bull 1h race:
Peugeot rcz gr3. Start with softs, pit on lap10, softs again, full fuel. Pit on lap 19(when rain starts), switch to full rain tires, full fuel. Pit on lap 28, switch to softs, full fuel. Race ends at lap 36. Fuel map always on 1.

I won with over 0:50.000 advance over 2nd.
Did this before the update.

Anybody needs the s660 setup for the autopolis human comedy , can check this

@Revolux
  • power restrictor 70%
  • ECU 70%
  • Ballast 200kg max !
For me yesteday: Alsace
Alpine A220
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220506191747.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220506191950.jpg

Last edited:
At Deep Forrest the Silvia Touring Car can do it without stopping. Straight from the dealership - just turned down the ECU. Took the lead when they all pitted then had to manage the fuel till the end. The Taycan came storming past a couple of times and the Megane was getting close towards the end. Finished with 1% fuel and the Taycan 0.4s behind.
If I was doing it again I would dial down the aero for better top speed as there was enough grip even on 30 lap old RH.

4. Road cars (550pp) - Kyoto
This was a fun race with lots of different viable cars. I ended up using the Supra RZ ‘20, but i tested out the Yaris GR, Silvia S15 Aero and NSX Type R and all of the cars did great.
View attachment 1138003

Tune:
I tuned the car for 550pp using SH tires, as 550 SM performs very closely in lap times but the medium tires wear out a lot quicker. Important thing for this race is to make sure that the car can‘t reach 240 as getting the 240 km/h rotational G to 0 will reduce PP a lot and allow for performance gains in other places.
View attachment 1138004
View attachment 1138005

Strategy:
I used a 1-stop strategy with a stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and topped fuel for 11-laps remaining.

I’ve found similar quirks to the tuning as well. It’s the only way I can survive these races!

On the Kyoto race, the refueling takes FOREVER! I checked the replay to see what Kokubun did and he finished the race with at least 2/3 a tank of gas and only pitted to change tires. How in the world did he conserve so much gas??? He flew past me early on so he’s clearly on FM 1. Is it just a really efficient car or what? I finished 1:30 behind that guy! I’m totally flummoxed.

I’ve found similar quirks to the tuning as well. It’s the only way I can survive these races!

On the Kyoto race, the refueling takes FOREVER! I checked the replay to see what Kokubun did and he finished the race with at least 2/3 a tank of gas and only pitted to change tires. How in the world did he conserve so much gas??? He flew past me early on so he’s clearly on FM 1. Is it just a really efficient car or what? I finished 1:30 behind that guy! I’m totally flummoxed.
Depends a lot of the car, some are really fuel efficient. When I ran Kyoto with the Radical I didn't pit at all on SH tyres and easily lapped the field. Probably would be even quicker to pit because the tyres were really bad by the end but you can easily make it on fuel.

Depends a lot of the car, some are really fuel efficient. When I ran Kyoto with the Radical I didn't pit at all on SH tyres and easily lapped the field. Probably would be even quicker to pit because the tyres were really bad by the end but you can easily make it on fuel.
Coincidentally, that’s exactly what I ended out doing. The car is so light that tire wear wasn’t an issue. I think I ran medium tires, though, so I pitted for a quick change but could have used yards with no stop. I’m going to try that approach at Deep Forest. It’s insane how long it takes to refuel! They warn you before the race, but they didn’t say the out crew uses a teaspoon to fill the tank!

Kokubun's RX-7 on Kyoto has R26B-787B engine.
That explains it! Where did you find this information, because I’d like to see tunes from the other cars as well.

I tried running the Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!) with the swapped 2JZ-GTE-Supra engine, but it wasn’t as fuel efficient. Maybe if I tried fuel map 6 it would work since the engine light s so powerful.

Last edited:
The cars I used (not counting tsukuba and trial mountain obviosly):
Autopolis: honda s600
Kyoto: ktm x-bow
Deep forest: renault megane thophy gr4
Alsace: chaparal 2j (look on youtube or reddit how to detune it)
Red bull ring: peugeot rcz gr3
Lago maggiore: hyundai genesis gr3

I‘ll try that and now:

I‘ve just finished Autopolis and this is the best setup for the Honda S660:

I did it 3 Stop all 5-7 laps with fuel map on 1 all the race. I took over the lead at the beginning lap 3. I think tyre deg is tremendous but if you do an average time of 2:24 every lap you‘ll be fine.

And in addition, I fitted my car with Type B Front/Rear Bumpers and side skirts

View attachment 1143337
View attachment 1143336
thank you

I just found this on you tube but you can use a stock R34 GTR skyline on Kyoto no tuning needed. I did do level 1 weight reduction just to get it closer to the pp limit but it’s not needed.I almost lost for putting in too much fuel

I feel like just about all advice/strategy provided for these races has all been rendered useless by the recent updates. Or maybe the people winning these races don't have the AI set to hard? :ouch:

I feel like just about all advice/strategy provided for these races has all been rendered useless by the recent updates. Or maybe the people winning these races don't have the AI set to hard? :ouch:
I was getting hammered at the first Tsukuba race and saw that they were driving impossibly fast laps. As I was doing research I read about the difficulty bug, and if you set the difficulty to easy it actually has the reverse effect. I don’t know if this is true or not as I was playing at middle difficulty, but when I set it to difficult I noticed that the lap times got a little bit slower.

Unfortunately I was only able to win the first four or five races with glitched cars for whatever reason I stumbled upon while tuning. I’m on the Alsace one now and there are no glitched cars for this, just sheer persistence. But the AI is brutal! I’m getting pitted several times by turn two and they’re long gone before I can recover. I’m not sure how they are doing laps so fast, but it’s going to be a real challenge to figure this one out.

I wish we had access to the AI’s tunes for their cars, both to get some ideas for my car and also to make sure it’s on the level.

Last edited:
These are races with lots of laps!
Having the fastest car is not enough.
  • Fast car
  • Know the circuit well ;)
  • Save fuel
  • Saves tires

- Pit strategy inferior to AI
Less traffic.
And we double them when they are at the PIT

Alright things went a little better last night! Was able to win Kyoto with the Mk5 Supra. I used the following set up:

• RH tires with one pit stop
  • Race brakes & pads
  • Full Custom Transmission (reg not race) set to 230 kmph
  • Front splitter and rear wing (both set to max downforce)
  • Race Exhaust

With the above setup the car is EXACTLY at 550.00PP. Car is able to go 12-13 laps per tank (which is more than enough because the race is 21-22 laps long). While minding the front tires (keeping them from staying red under braking) this car can consistently lap around the 2:50 mark all race long.

All the races were un. Most enjoyed using my Super Taikyu Demio. Great diesel fuel economy, but the front tyres were toast towards the end. Had to do a bit of defending that last lap. :D

ALSACE PRE-‘79 MISSION

Just a quick heads up: the LCD now has the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 and it is flat out the best car I tried for the Alsace mission. Like the Alpine A220, it's light and has a lot of power but has a much lower PP score. Just add some ballast and a reduce the ECU (not the power restrictor) to 91 (more on this in a bit), fiddle with the transmission to limit the top end but raise the bottom end dramatically, and you're good to go. Run it full tilt at FM1! Add this to my list of "glitch cars," but it's fun to drive.

As for the ECU, for some reason there is a weird break point at 91. It interacts with the transmission settings to really give you some gift PPs. Plus I decided to use this instead of the power restrictor because I went with very (VERY) short gears and I wanted to keep the power band in the high RPMs rather than stretch it out like the restrictor does. With the short gears for all the turns and a power band in the high revs I was able to get to third place by the second lap at which point I set my best ever lap time (~1:27.8xx). I could have overtaken the lead two drivers but I was driving at the edge of my abilities and I knew they'd pit before me anyway, so I just hung behind. At FM1 I lasted until around the 13th lap with something like 28:00 remaining, so I stopped for fuel and no tires because the car is so dang light even with he ballast added. After fuel and no tires I pulled out still in first by about 3 seconds (not changing tires really made the difference!). I was able to pull ahead by about a second a lap until P2 and P3 pitted again, at which point I cruised to a finish nearly a minute ahead (if I recall correctly . . . I was pretty tired).

I tried the new Ferrari 250 GT as well, but it's so loose and aggravating. The Giulia is definitely the better of the two for this particular race because the Ferrari is going to require a lot of tuning. FWIW, they are both worth the cost because they are a lot of fun to drive!!!!

Last edited:
Back