The hybrid showcase thread [Read OP before posting!]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 4,129 comments
  • 537,547 views
My Ratrod is back!​



6.3l V8 from an SLS AMG. Yea buddy!
 
^^^Nice job man! Looks good! :dopey:👍
 
Now just to go through and recreate all my favorites that I had. Im like a kid in a candy store now.
 
Now just to go through and recreate all my favorites that I had. Im like a kid in a candy store now.

Agreed. Love my twin-turbo RB26DTT Camaro Z28 '69. :dopey:
Will post pics soon.
 
My Ratrod is back!

6.3l V8 from an SLS AMG. Yea buddy!

I love it!

But how about "Krautrod"? That sounds kinda cool.
 
I expect this thread to blow up within a few days. :sly:👍
Can't wait to see the oncoming wave of cool hybrids!
 
I expect this thread to blow up within a few days. :sly:👍
Can't wait to see the oncoming wave of cool hybrids!

Yes!
 
I expect this thread to blow up within a few days. :sly:👍
Can't wait to see the oncoming wave of cool hybrids!

I agree with you, my friend

only nice cars, enough! FREAKCARS:crazy:
 
It's 2JZ Prius time!!!
 
SuperStreet is going to be delighted. :lol:

Quote from his signature: "GT5 needs has HAD a 2JZ Prius."

Yup!
 
An actual hybrid photo to break up all the slowchat. After two hours of help from a friend I successfully made a 2.14 hybrid. Its IS-F V8 performs just fine, however there are some issues. The gearbox, also sourced from the IS-F, is a little wonky, and the suspension is really messed up. If you had a hybrid before 2.12, this is what it's like. It bounces like hell and is borderline undriveable. It does wheelies, though.

9376052264_3cb81ee0ce_h.jpg


I think the LSD, which I grabbed from the IS-F, is the culprit.
 
Last edited:
After a 2 hour skype chat with my friend :sly:, I've brought life back into my Calsonic R32 Special. Calsonic R35 Engine/2010 Impreza chassis for now. Waiting until I get the kinks worked out until I re-do all of the suspension/drivetrain. Anyways, here it is before the update:
Ho4md6y.jpg


And here it is today:
7wd4kJa.jpg
:indiff: Still needs to be lowered a little more. I don't particularly want to mess with the transmission/LSD after what Doog's 86 turned into.
 
And this is on 2.14? Engine and fitment swaps?
 
If you would good sir, PM me the source... I need to have fun again.
 
:indiff: Still needs to be lowered a little more. I don't particularly want to mess with the transmission/LSD after what Doog's 86 turned into.

Yeah, speaking of that...

9376278688_234d0739ca_h.jpg

9376278620_ee5028d224_h.jpg

9373499733_b3601cf732_h.jpg

9373499683_2ef596e2a5_h.jpg

9373499671_1e3f68b5aa_h.jpg

9373499605_0c315b2221_h.jpg

9376278496_4ef4040740_h.jpg
 
Also, please don't PM the people who posts pics asking about any of this either.
TL;DR

For those of you who
don't know how these cars are made: Don't ask.
For those of you who
do know how these cars are made: Don't tell.
Just post pictures, thanks.

Just friendly reminder..
Google is your friend.
 

785 HP monster :dopey:
The donor engine is an Xanvi Nismo GTR '03.
 
:drool: So glad this is back.

 
Nice hybrid Doog. :lol:
 
CallmeDan
It's 2JZ Prius time!!!

I was thinking X1 prius...


Anyone?


Also.. could someone help me recreate my favorites? I never was aboe to do it :/

The help is greatly appreciated
 
That photos make me sad, Doog :(




​

Is hybriding in 2.14 any harder than in 2.11?
 
Not a single bit. What chassis are you using?
 
Cool. :D

Schulze GT-R '11 (The one that came with Spec II)
 
Back