The 'I didnt know that' Thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 717 comments
Thread bump time!

People born between 1995-1999 have lived in three decades, two centuries and two millenniums.

The first VCR cost $50,000.

FIFA has more member countries than the UN.

All four members of the band Queen have composed more than one chart-topping single, They're the only band in the World to have every member in the Songwriters Hall Of Fame.

There are more printed copies of IKEA catalogues than the Bible.

Well technically, people born on December 31, 1999 at 11:59.59 PM are the last people to have lived in two different millenia. That may have been what that fact was getting to.

Incidentally, December 31, 2017 was also a critically important date for a generation but I can't remember exactly why. It may have been something about minors and adults in this millenia.

Don't take that last sentence out of context.

Well technically, people born on December 31, 1999 at 11:59.59 PM are the last people to have lived in two different millenia. That may have been what that fact was getting to.
The last people, sure, but not the only like was alluded to.

Male specimen of the Drosophila melanogaster, also known as the small fruit fly, prefer to feast on overripe alcoholic fruits when they encounter troubles in mating, like not finding a mating partner or getting scared off by other larger rivals.

Insert ''I know that feel bro'' meme (with fruit flies)

Actually that would have been December 31, 2000 at 11:59:59 PM.

Incidentally, December 31, 2017 was also a critically important date for a generation but I can't remember exactly why. It may have been something about minors and adults in this millenia.
It bugs me that no one brought this up yet, but it was a date where everyone born in the last millennium was an adult while everyone born in 2000 and beyond were underage.

Millenia is plural and no, '01-'00. Most people kept quiet about the fact on New Year 1999 because that would have been party pooping.
Oh, whoops. So the 3rd millenium is 2001-3000? That makes sense.

It bugs me that no one brought this up yet, but it was a date where everyone born in the last millennium was an adult while everyone born in 2000 and beyond were underage.
That's what it was! It was the last day where anyone born in 2000 was a minor.

There's an all yellow version of the Shinkansen bullet train in Japan, which carries special equipment on board to monitor the condition of the track and overhead wires.

Its nickname is "Dr. Yellow".

PM Dawn did the remix for White Zombie's "Blood, Milk and Sky" under the name "Miss September Mix" for Rob's remix album "Super Sexy Swingin' Sounds".

Apparently we learn something new every day, feel free to share anything intriguing you learnt recently.

I'll start. I found out that National Pizza Day falls on my birthday. Given that I like Pizza, I am surprised it took me this long to realise this by accident. Ended up looking up national days out of curiosity to see what else I'm not aware of and learnt that National Toothache Day is a thing. I bet nearly everyone checks out their birthday now.

Warning: Can't be unseen!

Did everyone know in the now old F1 logo, there was always a 'hidden' 1 in it? Or is that technically the only 1 in the logo and red part is to indicate it is flying? :confused: :dopey: Motorsport nerds on here please enlighten me. Only noticed it this year. :crazy: :dunce:

Warning: Can't be unseen!

Did everyone know in the now old F1 logo, there was always a 'hidden' 1 in it? Or is that technically the only 1 in the logo and red part is to indicate it is flying? :confused: :dopey: Motorsport nerds on here please enlighten me. Only noticed it this year. :crazy: :dunce:
I don't even follow it and this isn't news to me. A quick search also yielded this:

The Moon isn't round, it's egg-shaped. The larger side faces us all the time.
I didn't know that.

It was fooling me all this time - that dark side of the moon.

It was fooling me all this time - that dark side of the moon.
Are you sure you're not suffering brain damage? Maybe it was an eclipse fooling us and them. Neither time nor money can help; you'll soon be on the run...chased by the great gig in the sky.

Speak to me. Breathe... Is my orange text the issue? I can use any colour you like.

That prism is blinding you. :dopey:
Are you sure the lunatic is not on the grass?

The Moon sure can be a surprising object. There was a blood moon in a blue moon recently - but I guess everybody knew that.

That prism is blinding you. :dopey:
Are you sure the lunatic is not on the grass?

The Moon sure can be a surprising object. There was a blood moon in a blue moon recently - but I guess everybody knew that.
The lunatic is in my head.

And anyone who knew "that" was incorrect, as it was that the blue moon (referred to as such because it was the second full moon in January of 2018) was a blood moon (referred to as such because of its orange hue--not unlike that of my text--due to the lunar eclipse that occurred in the same period).

TMYK. ;)

Edit: And it occurs to me the mistake made may have been word usage, as I made what would be the same mistake by saying "in the same period" instead of "during the same period"...whoops! Indeed, the moment in time was that of a blue moon, and the blood moon occurred in (during) it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back