The 'I didnt know that' Thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 717 comments
The lunatic is in my head.

And anyone who knew "that" was incorrect, as it was that the blue moon (referred to as such because it was the second full moon in January of 2018) was a blood moon (referred to as such because of its orange hue--not unlike that of my text--due to the lunar eclipse that occurred in the same period).

TMYK. ;)

Right. It was a blue-blooded moon. :dopey:

Are you sure you're not suffering brain damage? Maybe it was an eclipse fooling us and them. Neither time nor money can help; you'll soon be on the run...chased by the great gig in the sky.

Speak to me. Breathe... Is my orange text the issue? I can use any colour you like.

That’s a pretty epic post. 👍

For my debut here, I didn't know last night about "The Dab" dance. I saw it a whole lot and didn't know what it was. I am not one of the cool kids, and I'll be the last to understand a joke or a meme. So... I didn't know about The Dab until I saw a YouTube video on it. I actually just didn't know what that dance move was called.

My comments in this colour.

Pigs suffer from anorexia
Obviously

Wagner always wore pink silk underwear
Probably not the only one?

It is impossible to whistle in a space suit
Well, there goes that job then

J. K. Rowling has no middle name
Who?

The first computer mouse was made out of wood.
Had to test its mettle

Source: 1339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop. Faber & Faber

So you advise roasting small parts at a time for my meals?

Why roast? Frying brings out the best in the flavour.

I’d like to know what is considered an average human body by which this calculation was made.

I’ve burnt 7k calories on a bike ride before, that’s a substantial amount of self to lose in a day, especially for somebody of a lean 65kg like myself.

Why roast? Frying brings out the best in the flavour.

I’d like to know what is considered an average human body by which this calculation was made.

I’ve burnt 7k calories on a bike ride before, that’s a substantial amount of self to lose in a day, especially for somebody of a lean 65kg like myself.
I see. Thank you for the advice. Is that pan fried or deep fried and battered?

No no honey can be good with meat. Don't tell me you have never had honey roast ham before unless you don't eat ham at all.
:lol:

It was a clever play on the multiple definitions of "bitter"; or maybe it wasn't [clever]...

You cant smell your own house due to a survival instinct called 'olfactory adaptation'. The Brain is always looking for new or unusual smells as a sign of danger, so it ignores familiar smells.

The Dinosaur noises in Jurassic Park were made from recordings of Tortoise sex.

You can be denied citizenship in Switzerland for being 'too annoying'.

Volkswagen owns Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Audi, Ducati and Porsche.

In 1989, Mike Tyson offered a zookeeper $10,000 to let him fight a dominant male Gorilla, the zookeeper declined.

I would imagine nearly everyone on this website knows that.
ten_thousand.png

There was a time I didn't know this:

It's = It is.
Its = belonging to it.

It's not its - what? The apostrophe, of course. :)

There was a time I didn't know this:

It's = It is.
Its = belonging to it.

It's not its - what? The apostrophe, of course. :)
In the same way as his hers and yours aren't hi's her's and your's, because they're pronouns.

The Dinosaur noises in Jurassic Park were made from recordings of Tortoise sex.
I knew they sounded familiar...

Anyway, I wondered if GTP member identification numbers (displayed when quoting a post) were a set number of digits (I recall only ever seeing 6) or if the number of digits scaled as needed. So in checking to see whether site founder @Jordan was 1 or 000001, I found out he's 658. Who are the 657 that came before him?

:odd:

As I was trying to design a historically-accurate skin for one 1980s car, I wondered what Denim was. After seeing an F1 car's livery with Denim on it, I learned the Denim in question was Denim After Shave. There was a BMW M1 Procar that even had Denim livery. So I learned Denim is a company that makes toiletries.

Anyway, I wondered if GTP member identification numbers (displayed when quoting a post) were a set number of digits (I recall only ever seeing 6) or if the number of digits scaled as needed. So in checking to see whether site founder @Jordan was 1 or 000001, I found out he's 658. Who are the 657 that came before him?
The length of ID numbers grow as needed. They are in chronological order with the exception of the first few thousand posts, users, and threads.

The early IDs are not in order because of our first forum software conversion from Ikonboard to vBulletin in late 2001. The conversion software, which imported the Ikonboard data into vBulletin's database, preserved the original dates but did not process the data chronologically. This is why the first thread has an ID of 56, the first post in the first thread has an ID of 1222, and why my account has an ID of 658.

@Jordan's Other Account has the ID of '1' because it was the account I had to create during the vBulletin installation process (you had to install the board before you could import data from another platform into it). That account was not deleted during the import, so once that process was completed, I was left with two accounts. Account merging wasn't a feature in vBulletin back then, so I just kept using my original account... and I still am, 17 years later. :D

The length of ID numbers grow as needed. They are in chronological order with the exception of the first few thousand posts, users, and threads.

The early IDs are not in order because of our first forum software conversion from Ikonboard to vBulletin in late 2001. The conversion software, which imported the Ikonboard data into vBulletin's database, preserved the original dates but did not process the data chronologically. This is why the first thread has an ID of 56, the first post in the first thread has an ID of 1222, and why my account has an ID of 658.

@Jordan's Other Account has the ID of '1' because it was the account I had to create during the vBulletin installation process (you had to install the board before you could import data from another platform into it). That account was not deleted during the import, so once that process was completed, I was left with two accounts. Account merging wasn't a feature in vBulletin back then, so I just kept using my original account... and I still am, 17 years later. :D
Having 2 accounts is against the rules.

The nobles and aristocracy these days. Different rules for them. :P

I've heard "bespoke" a lot. Basically, I learned "bespoke" means "custom-made." I actually kind of knew that to begin with, but had to be reminded of that.

Today I just learned that there is a quasi-weight restriction for F1 pilots. I'd never become a F1 pilot since I'm nearly twice as heavy as them, and also probably way too broad for the cockpits.

Well, now I do know that I should not keep pursuing that career any longer. :lol:

Guinness World Records
The farthest distance to throw a peanut is 37.92 metres (124 ft 4 in), achieved by Colin Jackson (UK) at the Welsh Institute of Sport in Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, UK on 20 February 2008.
So, yeah...

Back