The I don't care about mid-race saves club

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 115 comments
  • 7,314 views
I don't care if they add them. Pause button is enough for me but I doubt I'll ever feel like starting a 24 hour race.
 
Your wrong about the lappers. I just finished suzuka 1000 and lap traffic would absolutely come off their line when i was approaching. Flashing lights at them will get them to move faster. I tested this a couple times in the race and on one straight had one car going back and forth from one line to the next just by hanging back and flashing at him.

I used a slight tuned 10 camaro and won by 8 seconds. All 172 were in the rain.
 
I will be honest, I think it is worth doing the 24hour enduros just to experience the 24 hour cycle, I absolutely loved doing it. I know you can experience sections by setting the time of accelerating it but, I don't know, it just doesn't feel the same. At about hour 17 I was so connected with the car was just fantastic with the sun coming up and burning through a little bit of mist.
 
Not true. Weather changes in more races, not only in Endurance Series, but also in Expert Series.

And for (realistic) time changes, you need at least a couple of hours worth of endurance racing. There's not that many in the real world either.

Reading comprehension > You
 
I can't wait till it comes out. Finally I will be able to do the aspec endurances and get the awesome race car prizes. It will give my gt5 a point again since I'm already done everything else you can possible do
 
I will be honest, I think it is worth doing the 24hour enduros just to experience the 24 hour cycle, I absolutely loved doing it. I know you can experience sections by setting the time of accelerating it but, I don't know, it just doesn't feel the same. At about hour 17 I was so connected with the car was just fantastic with the sun coming up and burning through a little bit of mist.

👍 I agree completely. I'm 5 and a half hours into 24 hours of Le Mans and the day night cycle itself makes it worth it. The transition is beautiful and night racing has really tested me so far. Flying past the paddock all lit up is truly beautiful and GT5 at it's best.
 
Well, Mr. FishHunters..

I actually am looking forward to the update. I am a type of person who likes to complete Gran Turismo games. Have all those endurance races without trophies is something I do not favor.

Now, excuse me while I remove the hook.
 
i don't like racing offline endurance races so i don't care about them...
 
I am so over A/B spec that it doesn't matter weather they develop in race saves to me. Finished B spec and on A-35. Have zero plans to finish the A-enduros. Online racing is where it's at. Real people instead of the easily beatable AI.

Gotta agree with Fish here, organized online racing is a lot of fun, but I've been playing GT since day one, so I still like a good A-Spec race.

As all GT vets know it's your own responsibility to make the AI as competitive as you want with tire and car choice. I just read that Famine won 4hr Nurby Endro on Comfort Softs!

If you have no interest in doing these events, your game will be unchanged.
 
I care about the mid saves. Great that PD keeps putting money into this game by way of these updates.

About online racing. I prefer racing the AI. I did some online racing and i only met 1 person who was competitive (not that i`m good but to have the same racing level is hard to find). 95% of the online time is wasted. I like to race with the aids on. I don`t mind an occasional bump. So very few rooms to my liking.
 
I don't hate PD, i hate the lazy people that want to dumb down their(PD's) game so they can have a stupid trophy even if it's meaningless.

A endurance race have no purpose if it's not to test your endurance, if you don't have any friends to hotswap in endurance races with you, find some cheap hookers, idk.

Right now it's possible to take an X2010, drive for a couple of hours and park it until the competition finally catches up, don't hear as much complaints about this possibility than the save function which only main difference from the already available pause button is that you can turn off your PS3 and carry on whenever you want.
If the prospect of not worrying about energy consumption (some people need to pay their own bills), the lifespan of your PS3 (more important to me frankly), the not exactly bug-free videogame itself or the possibility of a sudden powercut makes you lazy then yes I'm extremely lazy.

I do have friends, some like playing GT5 occasionally at my home, none of them are willing or able to spend 24 hours together to play a videogame (and cheap hookers aren't that cheap since you probably need at least 2 for 4 or 5 hours each).
So if it's going to be a solo-activity anyway and instead of the X2010 you'd like to use a 'normal' racecar to experience it as it's supposed to (which actually means spending more time, how's that for lazy?) I really don't get why it's such a big deal for some to include a save-function.
The only thing it really changes is the ability to turn off the hardware (since you can already pause the game), if keeping your PS3 running for days on end is the true definition of endurance I suspect some need to think this through a bit more.
 
Good luck getting members! :)👍
 
Menown
Gotta agree with Fish here, organized online racing is a lot of fun, but I've been playing GT since day one, so I still like a good A-Spec race.

As all GT vets know it's your own responsibility to make the AI as competitive as you want with tire and car choice. I just read that Famine won 4hr Nurby Endro on Comfort Softs!

If you have no interest in doing these events, your game will be unchanged.
👍

Kazanski
wow, can't beleive people are against endurance race saves. No wonder this game is full of terrible features...because PD obviously listened to these fanboys who probably only played Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Because your targeting those who don't like race saves, I own every GT game to let you know and have played since GT1 came out. :/
 
And again the argument of "It defeats the purpose of endurances" and "You all have no friends to do this races with...

1. Real endurance races aren't done in one sitting. Period. I do not care about any of your arguments here, racing 24h straight is not realistic and shouldn't be mandatory. I respect those who've done it but I would get bored and tired doing it all at once so I just wont do it.

2. Suddenly the way I play a game makes me someone completely antisocial? Of course I have friends, but none of them know how to control the throttle of a diesel LMP and none of them have interest in locking for 24 straight hours in a room with two or three other men (having women to join you for an endurance race is out of question).

So, by denying this option you're effectively saying we shouldn't be able to complete OUR games OUR way because we have stuff to do and friends who do other activities rather than sim-racing...

Thankfully, PD is already developing it and won't care for any of your hater nonsense 👍.
 
And again the argument of "It defeats the purpose of endurances" and "You all have no friends to do this races with...

1. Real endurance races aren't done in one sitting. Period. I do not care about any of your arguments here, racing 24h straight is not realistic and shouldn't be mandatory. I respect those who've done it but I would get bored and tired doing it all at once so I just wont do it.

2. Suddenly the way I play a game makes me someone completely antisocial? Of course I have friends, but none of them know how to control the throttle of a diesel LMP and none of them have interest in locking for 24 straight hours in a room with two or three other men (having women to join you for an endurance race is out of question).

So, by denying this option you're effectively saying we shouldn't be able to complete OUR games OUR way because we have stuff to do and friends who do other activities rather than sim-racing...

Thankfully, PD is already developing it and won't care for any of your hater nonsense 👍.

You forgot the ending quotation mark.

Anyways, I see what you mean. I can find 2 people possibly willing to sit down to do a race. 1 of them is an maybe. They may develop and release it if they want. I'm just not going to use it. :)
 
I posted this in another thread but I think it's pretty relevant here:

"Have the event give out more money and experience if you don't reload a save from the middle of the race. You should be able to save all you want, in case there's a power outage or something, but the less you actually have to reload, the more rewards you should get. Just my opinion. It sort of worked that way in GRiD. Setting the options so you couldn't restart the race if you were doing badly meant that you received better rewards when you finished."

Basically, my problem with saves is the ability for people to reload if they mess up, without any consequences. The game really ought to reward consistent competitive driving instead of just winning. Enthusia was like this in a way. If you messed up in a race you either finished poorly or quit, and both lowered your career score. It really should be something like this in GT5 too, except in endurance races, where race-ending mistakes should not put you completely out of the running for those who don't have tons of time to do them. It should just be a bigger reward for less mistakes.

I might start a thread on this topic actually. I think the idea of rewarding consistency would bring a lot more replay value to A-Spec mode.
 
Basically, my problem with saves is the ability for people to reload if they mess up, without any consequences.

And if they do it affects you how? If people want to save after every lap and reload if it's too slow, let them. Sounds silly to me, but hey doesn't change how I play.
 
I don't understand how anyone can actually complain about this :odd:

It's like you just want to complain, especially when it's about an ADDITION to the game which takes away nothing that was already there.

You must be deluded if you actually think there's a legitimate reason for you to complain about mid race saving.
 
Yes, let them. But give them more money and XP if they don't. After all, it does take more experience to do the race without loading it over and over.

I don't care how people play the game, as long as the people who put in the effort to learn driving techniques and become consistent are rewarded fairly for it. Right now there is no incentive to drive slower cars in races, or drive without Skid Recovery Force, other than the fact that it's more fun and gives a greater sense of achievement. But few people care about that. They just want to win the game, and it's a shame.

Sure, people should be able to play however they want, but they shouldn't be able to play how ever they want and still be able to complete the game as easily as someone who puts in more effort and has more skill.
 
I propose we start a Petition to stop this maddness. sarcasm
 
Sorry but if you sit and look at a TV for 24 hours you have NO life what-so-ever.
 
Solution. Gold Trophy for clearing the Endurance Hall without saving. If you use save you get a lump of cheese trophy with a cherry on top instead. :sly:
 
Sorry but if you sit and look at a TV for 24 hours you have NO life what-so-ever.

It's a life, it's just different. Plus if your young like me (15), you don't have a job. So summer is free and there is time.
 
Does it state in the manual somewhere that they recommend you take a rest?

Usually game company's cover their arses against compensation claims with these statements.

Can't believe a game requires you to play non stop for 24 hrs TBH.
 
I don't understand how anyone can actually complain about this :odd:

It's like you just want to complain, especially when it's about an ADDITION to the game which takes away nothing that was already there.

You must be deluded if you actually think there's a legitimate reason for you to complain about mid race saving.

Thank you very much, you sensible sir. That's what I've been trying to say in a couple of posts, glad I'm not the only one that thinks in such a way 👍.
 
I don't understand why people likes to do the endurance races knowing that they are going to win those races with 20-30 laps over the AI!Please go and play GT5 online vs Human Intelligence!
 
Last edited:
Is this thread serious? I mean, most people wanted THIS feature, and some of you still moan? :lol:

Can't have your cake and eat it.
 
I remember when I beat Final Fantasy X in like 60 hours. It took me over 2 weeks. I was unemployed I must have saved like 20 times. I was hating the game after that many hours, and it was an all time great with tons of different challenges.

No sir, I can't join your club, you must the have fortitude of a Donkey. (Trust me it's a good thing)
 
This is great for me, because playing for hours straight isn't healthy and also gives me chronic headache that lasts for days.
 
Right now there is no incentive to drive slower cars in races, or drive without Skid Recovery Force, other than the fact that it's more fun and gives a greater sense of achievement. But few people care about that. They just want to win the game, and it's a shame.
It's all perfectly fine. Fun and sense of achievement should be the only reason to do anything. If it's not fun, and the achievement doesn't mean anything to you, you should not care. If you do care, you shouldn't require a prize to go along with your achievement. This is why trophies are somewhat pointless (at least to me), and unlocks are stupid, etc.

Sure, people should be able to play however they want, but they shouldn't be able to play how ever they want and still be able to complete the game as easily as someone who puts in more effort and has more skill.
Why not? Difficulty levels (which PD ignores) were made to solve this problem. The game should be as easy or as hard as the player wants. The reward is winning in the end.
 
Back