The I don't care about mid-race saves club

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 115 comments
  • 7,314 views
I don't really care for the mid endurance race save option feature that PD is suppose to introduce. I think that's the whole point of an endurance race, if you enter one you need to realize that's it's going to be a long and hard race so might as well stick with it.

I can see a little why some may want it, so I do respect there opinion but I personally find it a bit useless when they could be updating some more important things.
 
It's all perfectly fine. Fun and sense of achievement should be the only reason to do anything. If it's not fun, and the achievement doesn't mean anything to you, you should not care. If you do care, you shouldn't require a prize to go along with your achievement. This is why trophies are somewhat pointless (at least to me), and unlocks are stupid, etc.


Why not? Difficulty levels (which PD ignores) were made to solve this problem. The game should be as easy or as hard as the player wants. The reward is winning in the end.


Given the number of money/XP glitch rooms, I don't necessarily agree. I think one of the biggest things Kaz wants the GT series to do is give players a reason to improve their racing skill, and learn about and appreciate cars, and currently the game doesn't have any incentive to do so. I mean, if a player has fun getting to level 40 using the X2010 in every possible race and doing online glitch races, so be it. But I seriously doubt it's more fun then if he raced every race with reasonable cars, won money slowly and worked his way up through the slower cars to the faster ones. The problem is he's not likely to try to do that given how easy it is to just skip it all. He may think he's having fun, but he's not having nearly as much as he could be.

The bigger problem is that kids these days think winning is the only goal of the game, that the faster you win the better you are as a player and the greater achievement. And the bigger problem is that some of these people then complain that the game was too short or too easy. PD needs to create a game that discourages these mindsets, in order to give every player the potential to have an a fully enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Another thought: The game should not be so hard that only people who are very talented can finish it. People with less skill should be allowed to make the game slightly easier to suit them, but they must be made aware of the higher challenges that are available when they do become skilled enough. After all, a person gets better at the game as they play. The fact that one gains enough skill to complete the game on, say, a "medium" level after completing it on "easy" is all the more reason to keep playing the game and getting better, as well as having more fun and feeling more achievement for accomplishing more difficult tasks.
 
Directed toward OP and those who agree with him. Would you idiots quit complaining about things that effect you in no way, but may be enjoyable for others? People like you are f'n buzz kills, don't be a douche. GTP needs a separate board for complainers, its not fun to read, and is not constructive. Who cares if it isn't "realistic", neither is your car collection. It's a game. Have fun. Quit whining.

Bro...I agree with you though I do not agree with you making personal insulting comment towards the OP and those that agree with his views.
 
options... just that. It is still a game and if people want to play it like it is in real life (like me), then we'd just go ahead and do the enduros. But a lot of people who bought the game do not have that much free time, and I know a lot of people with older systems want to make sure they don't unnecessarily stress their console. So if they put it in, kudos PD! But if they didn't - well... Meh...

Personally, I think a B-spec reserve driver implementation deserves more thought than in-race saves.
 
options... just that. It is still a game and if people want to play it like it is in real life (like me), then we'd just go ahead and do the enduros. But a lot of people who bought the game do not have that much free time, and I know a lot of people with older systems want to make sure they don't unnecessarily stress their console. So if they put it in, kudos PD! But if they didn't - well... Meh...

Personally, I think a B-spec reserve driver implementation deserves more thought than in-race saves.

Here's an idea: Team up with a driver using online. Once it's there turn you go to the pits next time needed and the drivers are switched. This has nothing to do with the topic but oh well. Just thought I'd share an idea. :)
 
i say this thread should be lock -_-

just cause you dont need this doesn't mean that PD shouldn't add it. Guess what your not the only one who plays gt5 . -_- and on like you. I have a social life -_-
 
i say this thread should be lock -_-

just cause you dont need this doesn't mean that PD shouldn't add it. Guess what your not the only one who plays gt5 . -_- and on like you. I have a social life -_-

You need to work on your spelling and why are you mentioning anything about having a social life, this is GTPlanet not Facebook. :dunce:
 
Uhm Well i'm not a complainer or something, actually i've really wanted the mid race save too, but to be honest NOW i don't care anymore about it too.
Of course i'm not saying that gt5 don't need this feature, i'm just talking for me. I not even playing a spec anymore, so i'm not going to do the longest endurance..i've done the 4h and suzuka and i'm ok.

Anyway, i really hope that pd give you this thing asap. 👍
 
Thing is, you don't care because you did them when the option wasn't available. You managed to find time to do them all (I assume from the first post), but many others haven't.

I will do them once the saves are there, because they are definitely a useful feature, even for the FGT Championship.
 
EliteDreamer
Here's an idea: Team up with a driver using online. Once it's there turn you go to the pits next time needed and the drivers are switched. This has nothing to do with the topic but oh well. Just thought I'd share an idea. :)

And what if my internet connection is so great? What if I still can't be bothered to arrange such a tiresome event? What if you stopped proposing stupidly and innecesarily complicated solutions and you finally accept a function much anticipated by many players??? What if you stop pretending you're such a hero of endurace for sitting in front of a TV 24 hours straight???
 
Given the number of money/XP glitch rooms, I don't necessarily agree. I think one of the biggest things Kaz wants the GT series to do is give players a reason to improve their racing skill, and learn about and appreciate cars, and currently the game doesn't have any incentive to do so.
I feel that online racing is just that. Also feel that if people just see GT as a game, there isn't much you can do to turn them into auto enthusiasts. And if there is something you can do, it's not getting them to play in a very certain way that works. You can suggest things, but you can't force things on people and expect a positive reaction all the time.

I mean, if a player has fun getting to level 40 using the X2010 in every possible race and doing online glitch races, so be it. But I seriously doubt it's more fun then if he raced every race with reasonable cars, won money slowly and worked his way up through the slower cars to the faster ones. The problem is he's not likely to try to do that given how easy it is to just skip it all. He may think he's having fun, but he's not having nearly as much as he could be.
People know what they like and they know what they don't like. There lists aren't perfect or unbiased, but everyone has a list. My fun list does not have A-Spec on it. I'd skip it in a heartbeat (and I did) and I'd suggest that other people do the same. Online makes A-Spec useless as far as I'm concerned, and that's what I'd rather do. Oddly enough X1ing every race and glitching money helps me do that. People aren't glitching to get out of playing the game. It's just the opposite. They're glitching because it's the quickest way to play the game in the way they want to play.

There's plenty of opportunity for a glitching/X1ing/whatever player to give A-Spec a chance to entertain them. I did, many times. A-Spec always failed to be online mode, and it failed by miles. So I decided to ignore it. I'm very glad that you can glitch past a lot of the game, because that's how I get the most enjoyment out of it. And I'm not thinking I'm having fun, but really missing out on the good stuff. I am having the most fun I could have short of PD giving me a button to press to unlock everything for online.

I'm not the only one with that opinion/experience.

The bigger problem is that kids these days think winning is the only goal of the game, that the faster you win the better you are as a player and the greater achievement. And the bigger problem is that some of these people then complain that the game was too short or too easy. PD needs to create a game that discourages these mindsets, in order to give every player the potential to have an a fully enjoyable experience from start to finish.
I don't know what kids think without going around and polling them. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of any sentence that mentions "kids" and what's wrong with them, but that's a different issue perhaps.

Anyway if someone's goal is to win by a huge a margin as possible, that is a legitimate goal. Not only is if completely legitimate, it can be made competitive via forums (or the often desired leaderboards), and this competition can lead to skill and other good things.

As for the mindset that winning is everything
-Winning gives you the most money
-Being fast and getting gold gives you the biggest prizes
-GT races are short and lack qualification, encouraging drivers to be much faster than the competition to win
-GT5 has XP, and the game harshly limits you unless you win and win often
-There are trophies for being fast

Games like GT, that have pointless things other than fun and personal achievement as rewards for success, are the problem. Get rid of the rigidly structured gameplay, and the pointless locking away of secret/special items, and make the focus of the game the actual playing of the game, and the problems will probably vanish.

If you turned on GT5 and had all the cars, all the tracks, and the only thing there was to do was race, not building up a score, or XP, or cr, or anything, I'd bet people would spend more time worrying about racing and driving.

Another thought: The game should not be so hard that only people who are very talented can finish it. People with less skill should be allowed to make the game slightly easier to suit them, but they must be made aware of the higher challenges that are available when they do become skilled enough. After all, a person gets better at the game as they play. The fact that one gains enough skill to complete the game on, say, a "medium" level after completing it on "easy" is all the more reason to keep playing the game and getting better, as well as having more fun and feeling more achievement for accomplishing more difficult tasks.
That's fine. But there should be no reason to pick hard mode over easy mode other than the player's own desire.


if people want to play it like it is in real life (like me), then we'd just go ahead and do the enduros.
The race saves would make endurances more realistic, not running them full on.
 
I'd like to mention that Forza gives you better rewards for turning off assists. A set percentage increase in reward is given for each thing turned off, including using manual instead of automatic. I'm not saying GT5 should use that system though, but incentives like that don't change how I play.

Personally, I have played hundreds of hours of GT5. I miss being able to trade off to a b-spec driver like in GT4. You get the gold standard trophy whether you do enduros in a-spec OR b-spec. Plus, trading off to a driver would be more realistic and fun than all those people who suggest that everyone should be hardcore and race 24 hours straight.
 
I don't understand how anyone can actually complain about this :odd:

It's like you just want to complain, especially when it's about an ADDITION to the game which takes away nothing that was already there.

You must be deluded if you actually think there's a legitimate reason for you to complain about mid race saving.

This.👍
 
It takes away the purpose of endurance...? :sly: That's my legitimate reason.
 
People know what they like and they know what they don't like.
Not necessarily. You may know exactly what you like through experience, but many people don't have a clue. They've grown up to love Ferraris or NASCARs or really anything, and would never drive anything else unless they had to. But what if they would like driving them if they tried? I mean, you never know until you try.
I don't know what kids think without going around and polling them. To be honest, I'm kind of tired of any sentence that mentions "kids" and what's wrong with them, but that's a different issue perhaps.
True. I don't think all kids feel that way, or that the only ones that feel that way are kids. Let's say "many GT players then."
Anyway if someone's goal is to win by a huge a margin as possible, that is a legitimate goal. Not only is if completely legitimate, it can be made competitive via forums (or the often desired leaderboards), and this competition can lead to skill and other good things.
Winning by as huge a margin as possible is a very interesting goal and challenge. But how many people who take the X2010 to the Sunday Cup actually care how well they do, other than just getting first by any margin?
As for the mindset that winning is everything
-Winning gives you the most money
-Being fast and getting gold gives you the biggest prizes
-GT races are short and lack qualification, encouraging drivers to be much faster than the competition to win
-GT5 has XP, and the game harshly limits you unless you win and win often
-There are trophies for being fast
I agree that all of these are big problems of the game, and they should be fixed. However, I don't think the solution is removing incentives for winning, it's giving incentives for doing better in a slower car, as in more rewards based on difficulty. And I also don't think there should be any "Special" prizes for doing the absolute best or completing the most difficult thing. Everything should be available to win, but it makes sense that it takes longer to get more of them if you don't do as well.
Games like GT, that have pointless things other than fun and personal achievement as rewards for success, are the problem. Get rid of the rigidly structured gameplay, and the pointless locking away of secret/special items, and make the focus of the game the actual playing of the game, and the problems will probably vanish.

If you turned on GT5 and had all the cars, all the tracks, and the only thing there was to do was race, not building up a score, or XP, or cr, or anything, I'd bet people would spend more time worrying about racing and driving.
Maybe, but how many would actually give every aspect of racing a try? How many would skip the supercars and the GT-Rs and take to the track in a Daihatsu Copen? I'm guessing very few. And of course there's nothing wrong with racing supercars, but many people pass judgement on the slower cars before racing them, and it just discourages exploration and growth as far as learning about cars and racing.
That's fine. But there should be no reason to pick hard mode over easy mode other than the player's own desire.
Then the people who don't feel they need to play on hard mode remain worse drivers, forever racing below their full potential. It's every person's right to do so, I suppose, but it's still quite a waste of talent. If you're not playing a game to get better, why play at all??

Also, consider this. There are people, who, if Gran Turismo literally took two weeks to complete 100% on the absolute easiest level of difficulty, they would, and would never look at the game again. Some of those same people, however, if that option was unavailable, would play it anyway, for much longer than two weeks, and enjoy it much more as a result. Some may even find a passion for cars and racing through the game, that they wouldn't have found had they played on easy. I think that alone is enough reason to at least have an incentive to race more challenging races through the form of better rewards.
 
It takes away the purpose of endurance...? :sly: That's my legitimate reason.

A lot of people keep saying that...I WOULD agree, however it takes more than one racer to "endure" things like 24 hours of racing. Suzuka 1000km in one stint without saving? Why yes, thank you. Le Mans 24 hours? No, no thank you.

If you could only save every 4 hours in a long enduro, then that would be pretty nifty.
 
And I do see the problem of people not having real life team mates. They should really just put in Bob like a few others have mentioned.
 
And I do see the problem of people not having real life team mates. They should really just put in Bob like a few others have mentioned.

Yes, I don't care about saves if I can do that. I'd rather drive for 8 hours of the 24 and have other drivers go. That way, I can be done in 24 hours as opposed to 2 weeks of off/on by myself.
 
There should be a section in gtp for useless moaning.
I really wonder how we didnt had complains about PD offering an SLS and not e.x. a Zonda.

You dont want to use the feature, dont bloody use it... you dont care? who asked you?
Will anyone force you to use it? No, No one will.

Whats the reason for starting a topic for a future feature that you dont care? That will NOT affect you game experience at all?
Especially when you know that is a feature that most people want, that most people asked for.
I dont get it... that need for moaning/whining for everything and even worse to go public....i dont know what to say, i just dont get it.
 
We really just don't want other people to use it because it's not "realistic" and a guess in some people's opinions, "cheating." Don't yell at me now. I am not asking for responses to this statement. I am just answering a question. i don't want to here someone rant about how it's "unrealistic" to sit in front of the TV for 24 hours or whatever. I don't want to see it.
 
sdf
There should be a section in gtp for useless moaning.
I really wonder how we didnt had complains about PD offering an SLS and not e.x. a Zonda.

You dont want to use the feature, dont bloody use it... you dont care? who asked you?
Will anyone force you to use it? No, No one will.

Whats the reason for starting a topic for a future feature that you dont care? That will NOT affect you game experience at all?
Especially when you know that is a feature that most people want, that most people asked for.
I dont get it... that need for moaning/whining for everything and even worse to go public....i dont know what to say, i just dont get it.



I think you nailed it, good sir 👍
 
We really just don't want other people to use it because it's not "realistic" and a guess in some people's opinions, "cheating." Don't yell at me now. I am not asking for responses to this statement. I am just answering a question. i don't want to here someone rant about how it's "unrealistic" to sit in front of the TV for 24 hours or whatever. I don't want to see it.

Realistic? Realistic you say??????

Alright. Quick, tell me one driver in the past 25 years that has driven 24 hours straight all by himself in any real life pro-circuit. Or tell me a race that's run for around a week where all drivers run around two hours per stint and when they're tired they just "pause", park their cars, have a rest.

If you come up with a name for any, I shall shut up and agree with your ridiculous argument.

Seriously, it's not realistic. Get over it. People want endurance saves. Get over it.
 
I don't care much about those events, I think they should fix the online first but don't know if one thing interferes with the other.

IDK why everyone is obsessed with completing the game 100%. I mean, there's not any unlock-able feature if you do the endurance races. Nothing Special.
 
Realistic? Realistic you say??????

Alright. Quick, tell me one driver in the past 25 years that has driven 24 hours straight all by himself in any real life pro-circuit. Or tell me a race that's run for around a week where all drivers run around two hours per stint and when they're tired they just "pause", park their cars, have a rest.

If you come up with a name for any, I shall shut up and agree with your ridiculous argument.

Seriously, it's not realistic. Get over it. People want endurance saves. Get over it.

Your not a good reader.
 
I said for nobody to respond. Simple as that. Moving on.
 
EliteDreamer
I said for nobody to respond. Simple as that. Moving on.

So, you're effectively saying you can't defend your argument. Admit it. You're wrong, it's not realistic, and we'll be getting the function. 'Nuff said.
 
WHAT?! I never said I couldn't defend my argument. Where are you getting this? I just said what I said and that's it. Does my argument have to be some crazy 5 paragraphs long or something? I was saying that people think race-saves are unrealistic and may be considered cheating. Also that I stated I know what a person's argument would be, it would be about the whole sitting in front of a TV for a long time deal or real races where drivers switch out and stuff. What the 🤬 is wrong with you coming up with this 🤬?
 
I think the issue with this discussion is the mindset of the two opposing parties. Not the actual topic. I would venture to guess that the "for" and "against" people could probably butt heads over numerous issues. It's starting to look like a senate debate in here. The "for" crowd can't understand the "against" crowd and vice-versa. Players should not be so self-righteous. i.e. "I beat it without the advantage, so you should have to as well." I never post in online forums, but this eagerness to jump all over add-on content just gets under my skin. I want GT to be a great game, I've played every one of them, and criticizing new content is just counter productive. Yeah, it could be better, but it is what it is. I mostly agree with CarBastard's sig, a 10/10 sim in a 5/10 game, maybe a little higher than five. Rant complete, ready for reaming.
 
I'm for AND against it, mwahahahaha. I wouldn't mind in race saves, but at the same time, I feel it takes away from the experience. That's why I say let b-spec bob drive with you.
 
Back