The I don't care about mid-race saves club

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 115 comments
  • 7,314 views
*Signed*
I don't care about mid-race saves. Give us stuff that we (the real gamers) want. Like more detailed race results, replay controls + other.
 
ShaZZa
*Signed*
I don't care about mid-race saves. Give us stuff that we (the real gamers) want. Like more detailed race results, replay controls + other.

"the real gamers"??? It seems like you need a Gaming PC with rfactor or iracing, a full racing seat and wheel to go with it.
 
"the real gamers"??? It seems like you need a Gaming PC with rfactor or iracing, a full racing seat and wheel to go with it.

Already got it all :P Hence 'real gamer' :P
 
*Signed*
I don't care about mid-race saves. Give us stuff that we (the real gamers) want. Like more detailed race results, replay controls + other.

:tup:Improve the Online mode with qualifications results,lap times,Races resultes,Weekend races with officiale qualification,Replays controls,Online Clubs..........Who cares about Mid-race saves?Who cares about the Offline-mode?!
 
It takes away the purpose of endurance...? :sly: That's my legitimate reason.

No it doesn't.

I completed the 24hr Le Mans race a few weeks back, The PS3 was on constantly for 7 days whilst I found time to complete the race.

I still did the enduro which was still driving for 24 hours, I don't see what the harm would be in me being able to turn the PS3 off in between stints, here's a few GENUINE reasons why I would like mid race saving:

1. I don't really like the idea of leaving my PS3 on for all that time again when it comes to me doing the Nur 24

2. It's right by my bed which made it difficult to sleep at nights during the time I was doing the 24 hour race

3. It makes my room hot to the point of unbearable and causes pretty severe discomfort for me when trying to sleep at night :(

So, from a person who did a 24 hour race all on there own, without mid race saves some reasons why I'd like them please :) It's only the same as hitting the pause button like I did only you'd be able to turn the console off too so I don't see the problem here at all.
 
I personally don't "care" about mid-race saves, either. But I still want them, if only for the benefit of others. I'm sure I may even eventually get around to a 24 hr race or two that way, although I have no actual motivation to bother with the enduros these days.

I shall not be joining your club, though. Gotta love the human tendency to label everything, self-segregate themselves and self-justify it all. :)
 
Last edited:
PD - put in the endurance race game saves already will ya!?!
 
Wtf kind of thread is this. This feature will benefit and help people more than not. Seriously do we need these types of threads?:dunce:

I'm not hating on anyone and i do respect people to voice their opinion but this is my 2 cents.
 
ShaZZa
Already got it all :P Hence 'real gamer' :P

Fair enough, im investing in one right now, but you have to realise, the game tries to cater for all ages.
 
SRF isn't realistic, but it's in the game, so mid-race saves should be too.

I don't like SRF, so I don't use it, if you don't like mid-races saves, don't use them.

Due to having a wife, an 18 month old daughter an 8-5 job and doing freelancing I get about 3 hours an evening to play some GT5 if I give up a little sleep. I was told, just pause it then noob, you don't need saves.

So 24 hour race would take 8 days if I ignore the "rest for 15 minutes every hour" advice, which I always do to be honest.

So for 8 days my wife can't watch anything on Netflix, my daughter who loves Backyardigans won't be able to watch an episode or two after dinner anymore and I can't play anything else. I'm still not doing the race in one go, so saves just make sense.

I don't think it is actually possible for anyone to do that race in 1 sitting without pausing. In a real car, maybe, but in GT5, no way.
 
Pausing the PS3 for long periods doesn`t seem healthy to me. When i was playing p.c. games i had the OCD (On Screen Display) feature. The GPU temp would be shown in the top corner of my screen while gaming. I noticed the temp would only increase when pausing. So yeah, for the sake of the lifespan of my PS3, bring this feature on 👍
 
I suppose now we need the "I don't give a damn about those freaks who do not care about mid-race saves, only because they have too much free time, and don't have to respond to life duties... Club"
 
Why not? Difficulty levels (which PD ignores) were made to solve this problem. The game should be as easy or as hard as the player wants. The reward is winning in the end.

Definitely odd to me that PD has ignored difficulty levels. Anyone remember Doom's difficulty levels? It had 5, with Nightmare being the top. The game even warned you about how insane it was. For a long time I had NO chance at Nightmare level. But once I got good enough, it was well worth it to try. Almost a completely different game experience.

And would I care if someone only played the lower difficulty levels? No, why would I? It's not my business.

GT should've had some sort of Professional mode with all the simulation options turned on a LONG time ago, but oh well.
 
It takes away the purpose of endurance...? :sly: That's my legitimate reason.

Endurance racing is also about the endurance of the car. If you have an off and smash up the car, it has to go back to the pits and be fixed up (assuming you can even make it back to the pits). If the engine gives up on the last hour, you're done. Tire gets cut down, you crash or have to pit early. GT5 doesn't emulate any of these things, so you could argue there's no point playing endurance races for those reasons either, right? Just sayin'
 
Endurance racing is also about the endurance of the car. If you have an off and smash up the car, it has to go back to the pits and be fixed up (assuming you can even make it back to the pits). If the engine gives up on the last hour, you're done. Tire gets cut down, you crash or have to pit early. GT5 doesn't emulate any of these things, so you could argue there's no point playing endurance races for those reasons either, right? Just sayin'

Obviously, there are no legitimate arguments against saves, other than any technical issues. The only questions are whether the people complaining:
1) Know this, and are simply trolling.
2) Don't know this, and are really that ignorant.
3) Don't think about this, and just want to defend their imaginary 'achievement.'

For sure, anyone who has ever pressed the pause button during an endurance race has no right to complain about saves.
 
They just believe they're in the majority. Well, not even. They just NEED PD to stop "wasting" their own time and do something for the "fans" who don't NEED mid-race saves, which is unrealistic. There's been a vote on it. But Morgoth_666, you got it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwUw35HrVs
related to your name Morgoth, it's funny. Sorry for the off-topic video, but we WANT to cool our jets with all the arguing.
 
Last edited:
"I don't care" doesn't mean "I don't want", by the way.
 
I think FishHunters' point was that online racing is where the real GT action is (in his opinion), so the mid-race saves patch is irrelevant (to him), so he was seeing if others shared his view. I doubt it was meant to be trolling.
 
your_opinion.jpg

Damn I love that movie. Jeff Bridges wins 102% of the time.

I think FishHunters' point was that online racing is where the real GT action is (in his opinion), so the mid-race saves patch is irrelevant (to him), so he was seeing if others shared his view. I doubt it was meant to be trolling.

QFT

But there really are too many of these type of threads.
 
Last edited:
I'm maybe old fashioned, but if I buy a game for £45 I will want to finish it. I've never finished a GT game before and I doubt I'll finish GT5, but the enduros are within my ability, so I want to do them, but I don't have the time to do so; I can maybe do 4 hours a day, and that's if I want to, so I'd have to leave my PS3 on for nearly a week, risking power cuts, other family members wanting to use my PS3, other family members turning my PS3 off because it's not supposed to be on, and so on.

I'd use mid race saves, so I'm happy to have them, I'm not sure why anyone would oppose them. I don't get the 'realism' argument, last time I checked I'm not a professional racing driver, I do other things for a living, I'm not trained to sit in one place for hours on end, I don't know two or even one other person who could spare that much time to come and help me do it in shifts and I'm not going to get paid for doing it so the incentive is not quite there; quite the opposite in fact as I risk my PS3 breaking and it'll definitely use a whole load of electricity, thus costing me money. Given what I said before, it could cost 6 or 7 days worth of electricity, and there's no way I can do that.
 
neema_t
I'm maybe old fashioned, but if I buy a game for £45 I will want to finish it. I've never finished a GT game before and I doubt I'll finish GT5, but the enduros are within my ability, so I want to do them, but I don't have the time to do so; I can maybe do 4 hours a day, and that's if I want to, so I'd have to leave my PS3 on for nearly a week, risking power cuts, other family members wanting to use my PS3, other family members turning my PS3 off because it's not supposed to be on, and so on.

I'd use mid race saves, so I'm happy to have them, I'm not sure why anyone would oppose them. I don't get the 'realism' argument, last time I checked I'm not a professional racing driver, I do other things for a living, I'm not trained to sit in one place for hours on end, I don't know two or even one other person who could spare that much time to come and help me do it in shifts and I'm not going to get paid for doing it so the incentive is not quite there; quite the opposite in fact as I risk my PS3 breaking and it'll definitely use a whole load of electricity, thus costing me money. Given what I said before, it could cost 6 or 7 days worth of electricity, and there's no way I can do that.

Basically this post, and the other posts before that have argued THE SAME THING, means one thing and one thing only:

/THREAD
 
I could care less about saving in the middle of a race. We didn't do it back in #1 and #2. Besides I've done both endurance races.. Le Mans twice.
 
I want Endurance races to be like GT4 where I could switch between A and B-Spec. Don't really care for a save feature. It would be nice though to be able to leave a championship to cruise the used car lot or use practice mode then be able to come back to the championship where I left off.
 
Back