The Interiors Thread.

I really have a soft spot for Saab interiorsL

Saab+9-3+TTiD+interior.jpg

Also the FN2 Civic

Mugen_6-L.jpg

What makes an interior good for me is having things directed towards the driver, cocooning you in the car, making you feel like a part of the car before you start driving it.

I forgot one from my list, the Citroen DS5:

178996_Full_HiRes.jpg

The details are great, look at that roof console! And those seats, they're so cool. It's just a really original and cool design.

I gotta say though. Base model 80-86 Ford truck interiors...hands down my all time favorite interior of anything.

null_zps40d3ca29.jpg

The Spyker, F1 McLaren, and Zonda interiors have always been my favorite. (some already pictured in this thread)

I also love the 1998-2002 Ram Air trans am interiors (4th gen Firebird). I love them so much I put the entire interior into my 69 Camaro about 10 years ago. Including the 6 speed transmission.

my-interior-jpg.82783

Last edited:
I gotta say. For a squarish interior like that, it is REALLY well done. 👍
Despite that mines a mess :lol:

I added the 3 round gauges and all the switches and stuff. My floor is non existant on the drivers side, but otherwise, yup I love it. 1980-1986 Ford truck interiors aren't bad for being square. I love how all the lights are in the little rectangular cutouts. Always thought that was a neat touch.

IMG_1241.JPG

My gauge needles are faded badly....they were red at one point.

DSC_0019xr.jpg

Also really enjoyed the 1967 Mustang interior a lot. Love the gauge placement and surprisingly, the interior is very comfortable.

1954-mercedes-benz-300SL-dash.jpg

1955 Mercedes Gullwing 300. Love everything about this car.

Having been in a '67 Mustang myself and been around a few of them, the interior is incredibly comfortable. And those seats. SO SOFT.

My only complaint about old Mustangs is the seats sit really low. Its a bit uncomfortable to lean your arm on the window sill when the window is down.

Having been in a '67 Mustang myself and been around a few of them, the interior is incredibly comfortable. And those seats. SO SOFT.

My only complaint about old Mustangs is the seats sit really low. Its a bit uncomfortable to lean your arm on the window sill when the window is down.
I found the stock 67 Mustang interior was way better than the stock 69 Camaro interior. I honestly hated the interior in my 69 Camaro when I got it. I was lucky if I could sit in my Camaro for more than an hour without being uncomfortable. Now with the 4th gen interior swap, I have easily driven for hours and hours without any issues. Helps a lot having power lumbar. Made it very comfortable for the power tour. :)

I found the stock 67 Mustang interior was way better than the stock 69 Camaro interior. I honestly hated the interior in my 69 Camaro when I got it. I was lucky if I could sit in my Camaro for more than an hour without being uncomfortable. Now with the 4th gen interior swap, I have easily driven for hours and hours without any issues. Helps a lot having power lumbar. Made it very comfortable for the power tour. :)
I've never been in a 1969 Camaro so I can't really say how they compare. I have to say for comfort though, 1967, 1970 and 1976 were all pretty much the same as far as ride quality and overall comfortableness. If anything, 1970 was the stiffest of the bunch.

Some of these are reposts.

Singer 911. Perfect, like the rest of the car.
singer-vehicle-designs-reimagined-porsche-911-interior-photo-559442-s-1280x782.jpg

Alpine A110
bigd.jpg

Porsche 928
Has the added bonus of allowing you to play a game of chess if you get bored of driving; not that you will, because it's a Porsche 928.
131907.jpg

Ferrari Dino (Dino Ferrari?)
1974-Ferrari-Dino-246-GTS-Photos-interior-8.jpg

Ferrari 328
L-Ferrari-328-GTB-Interior.jpg

Lotus Europa
(Really, I'm probably just in love with steering wheels like this, thin three-spokes)
1_3_88_25824.jpg

Alfa Romeo GTV 2000
alfaromeo2000gtvcoupe2.jpg

Lancia Fulvia (Almost forgot)
Lancia_Fulvia_Interior.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised no one has mentioned the 1989 Oldsmobile Toronado. It had that cool touchscreen dashboard and the cell phone in the center console.
104_2482.jpg

The 1987 Chrysler New Yorker had a pretty slick interior too.
Eplatform.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back