The "June", oops, "Next" Update speculation, wishlist and conspiracy theory thread

• Thread starter Outspacer
  • 950 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering June is Le Mans month and that we already had the Le Mans track last month, why not have the cars that raced on it?

If the June update were a big one, especially if it were a Spec II, it could be a large update with up to 30 cars, with lots of LMP1 cars for Gr. 1 and LMGTE-Pro cars for Gr. 3.

Gr. 1:
1. Aston Martin AMR-One (Aston Martin Racing) '11
2. Aston Martin Lola B09/60 (Aston Martin Racing) '10
3. Audi R15 TDI plus (Audi Sport North America) '10
4. Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Audi Sport Team Joest) '12
5. Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Audi Sport Team Joest) '14
6. Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Audi Sport Team Joest) '15
7. Audi R18 ultra (Audi Sport North America) '12
8. Peugeot 908 (Team Peugeot Total) '11
9. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (Team Oreca Matmut) '10
10. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (Team Oreca Matmut) '11
11. Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '15
12. Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '17
13. Toyota TS040 Hybrid (Toyota Racing) '14
14. Toyota TS050 Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) '18

Gr. 3:
1. Aston Martin Vantage AMR (Aston Martin Racing) '18
2. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Aston Martin Racing) '14
3. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Aston Martin Racing) '16
4. BMW M8 GTE (BMW Team MTEK) '18
5. Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (Corvette Racing) '14
6. Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (Corvette Racing) '16
7. Ferrari 458 Italia GTE (AF Corse) '14
8. Ferrari 488 GTE (AF Corse) '16
9. Ferrari 488 GTE (AF Corse) '17
10. Ferrari 488 GTE EVO (AF Corse) '18
11. Ford GT Le Mans (Ford Chip Ganassi Team) '16
12. Porsche 911 RSR (Dempsey-Proton Racing) '16
13. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche GT Team: Blue Livery) '18
14. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche GT Team: Pink Pig) '18
15. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche Motorsport) '16
16. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche Team Manthey) '14

New Tracks:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Full Circuit)
Fuji Speedway (GP Circuit and F Circuit)
Silverstone (GP Circuit, International Circuit, National Circuit and Stowe Circuit)

Total: 3 new environments and 7 new layouts (for a grand total of 23 environments and 66 layouts)

New features:

General:
It is no longer required to be online to save your progress. Furthermore, Brand Central, Library Mode and every other mode or functions are available offline, but any such online aspects of certain game modes, including, but not limited to sharing of content and information, social features, channels in Brand Central, signing driver contracts with manufacturers, visiting official manufacturer/brand websites, Mileage Exchange, Discover Mode, Sport mode and online lobbies will require an online connection.

Livery Editor:

Parameters such as the X and Y axis of decal placement, as well as angle of rotation and decal size have been added to make use of the livery editor much easier.

The number of decals you can add on any aspect of a car has been increased:

Body: up to 900
Hood: up to 450
Side Mirror: up to 150
Rear Wing: up to 300
Other: up to 450

Custom decals downloaded online can also be used offline.

It is no longer required to upload a custom livery before applying it.

When previewing a car in the Livery Editor, it is now possible to pan the camera around the car.

Arcade Mode:
All forms of gameplay in Arcade Mode will finally have every single car featured in the game (and any future cars) playable for free as courtesy cars. However you cannot customize or tune them in any way, as opposed to cars you have bought and owned from your Garage.

Qualifying and Practice have been added to Single Race and Custom Races.

Practice Time Limit:
10 minutes up to 24 hours

Qualifying:
On or Off

Qualifying modes are another type of practice mode where you get ready to prepare for the real thing. This will also determine who gets to start in a certain position. The fastest lap time, or pole position, will allow for any driver to start from first place.

Qualifying Time Limit:
10 minutes up to 24 hours

*NOTE: Turning on practice and/or qualifying will also increase your prize credits and XP.

The following parameters, taken from online lobbies, have been added to Custom Races:

False Start Check (Grid Starts only):
On or Off

In a grid start, drivers are encouraged to start when the countdown reaches "GO!", but if you start too early, you're going to be awarded a penalty which would mean you would be giving your opponents a head start by five seconds.

*NOTE: This would mean that if you do a false start, you will be penalized. Turning this on will increase prize credits and XP.

Visual Damage:
On or Off

GT Sport's damage system is characterized by scratches, dents and even broken lighting systems on the car. When set to off, even with the most brutal damage, the car will remain as is.

Allow Upgrades (N-class cars only):
On or Off

Some cars that are originally not of a specific class in the Group N (Road and production class) category can be adjusted up to a specific sub-class depending on their upgrade value (upgrading a car's performance through Mileage points), allowing them to compete against cars from the higher classes.

Setting this to "Off" will mean that only all cars from a specific Group N sub-class (e.g. purely N200 class cars only) can race against each other, and cars from outside that sub-class (e.g. a stock N100 class car upgraded to N200) that are upgraded to that particular class will be banned.

Car Restrictions:

Power Limit:
Off until anything not above 1479hp

The power limit will ensure that all cars competing do not exceed that of the limit imposed.

Weight Limit:
Off until anything not above 2000kg

This is the same as the power limit, only restricting the weight of the car so that no car is heavier than the stated rules set.

Tire Limit:
Off until Racing: Super Soft

Drivers can use tires of any grade no higher than the restriction.

Drive Type:
FF, FR, MR, RR, 4WD

The cars allowed for the race event will be limited to a specific drive type.

Aspiration Type:
Naturally aspirated, Turbocharged, Supercharged, EV, Unique

Penalty Settings:

"Invalid Lap" has been added to Wall Collision and Shortcut Penalties.

Wall Collision Detection:
Default, Mild, Strict

Depending on the strength of the wall impact, there could be a chance that penalty may or may not be awarded, but when set to "Strict", regardless of a wall impact, you're dead.

Side Collision Penalty:
On or Off

These kinds of penalties are awarded to aggressive drivers who are more likely to cause contact with other cars, running other cars off the road or driving other cars towards a wall.

latest

PLEASE PD PLEASE!

I don't think we'll see multiple cars that simply differ in livery, since GT Sport seems to be taking a quantity-over-quality approach to its cars. Even the two Renault Clios have slightly different models, rather than just skins. But I do agree that there's quite a bit of potential for modern LMP1s in Gr.1, like the AMR-One, the Audi R15, the other iterations of the R18, and even the older R10 TDI. Plus the TS040, and the other versions of the Porsche 919, where the latter would differ in model rather than just the skin/primary sponsor/etc.

I also agree with adding GTE cars to Gr.3, but I'd mostly cut it down to the newer Aston Martin Vantage AMR, the Ferrari 488 GTE (complete with additional lights that become exposed if the event is set in a condition that turns them on for all cars), the Ford GT GTE, the BMW M8 GTE, and the Corvette C7.R.

I honestly think PD kinda pigeon holed themselves into the class idea . In paper it's good with current gen cars ( GT 3) but when we start asking for legacy cars it becomes a issue .

I wanna see how it pans out from a meta-data perspective. At least give PD the chance to collect enough data to see if adding Group C cars to Gr.1 is a legitimately bad (or good) idea, even with BoP applied. Keep in mind that the actual FIA races haven't started yet AFAIK, and that the Group C cars haven't been in the game for even a month yet. I'm skeptical of this combination, too, but I also wanna see what happens. After all, IRL, regulating bodies change rules season-by-season. So, maybe in the next season of FIA events, we could see something like either a new group, or they could keep Gr.1, only host races where either it's all Group C cars, or all more modern Gr.1 cars.

Personally, I think there's some real fun potential in these "sub-regulations" that could go race-by-race. Like for Gr.1, you could have an event either limited to Group C, VGTs, or real-world LMP1 racers. Or maybe a combination of LMP1s and VGTs that specifically most-resemble LMP1s the most, like the Hyundai and Mazda cars. Alternatively, there could be a race where it's just Gr.1 cars that look more like touring cars, like the Audi and Bugatti VGTs.

Last edited:
Gr. 3:
1. Aston Martin Vantage AMR (Aston Martin Racing) '18
2. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Aston Martin Racing) '14
3. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Aston Martin Racing) '16
4. BMW M8 GTE (BMW Team MTEK) '18
5. Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (Corvette Racing) '14
6. Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (Corvette Racing) '16
7. Ferrari 458 Italia GTE (AF Corse) '14
8. Ferrari 488 GTE (AF Corse) '16
9. Ferrari 488 GTE (AF Corse) '17

10. Ferrari 488 GTE EVO (AF Corse) '18
11. Ford GT Le Mans (Ford Chip Ganassi Team) '16
12. Porsche 911 RSR (Dempsey-Proton Racing) '16
13. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche GT Team: Blue Livery) '18
14. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche GT Team: Pink Pig) '18
15. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche Motorsport) '16
16. Porsche 911 RSR (Porsche Team Manthey) '14

I would be very happy if we even get the 2018 BMW M8 GTE and the Ferrari 488 GTE (road version of either car would be even better). 👍

How long can they offer free major update every month when the game is at the moment 20 euros? Pikes Peak will come at a certain point (hopefully this month), free or paid dlc?

How long can they offer free major update every month when the game is at the moment 20 euros? Pikes Peak will come at a certain point (hopefully this month), free or paid dlc?

We are past 6 months since release and new free tracks and cars seem to be still coming, so I think free DLC will last at least a year from the release date. I know Kaz said that all updates would be free and up to 400 or 500 cars but I expect a limit will be set at some point by Sony or Kaz, which will be based on sales.

With the FIA event being still overdue to start, I think they will want to keep the game "fresh" and players active while they run the FIA races for at least the first season. The best way to do that is to keep free content and updates coming and available to all, in my opinion, and I think Sony will allow them to do this for the first season, even if sales aren't great.

Personally don't expecting Spa before / expecting it at end of August, when summer break for F1 is off and most famous week comes - Spa Francorchamps and Monza.

What I would like this month?

- HUD button, so it can be (re)moved on the go
- lobby options for cocpit camera lock, one make and full upgrades/tuning off = stock

Deep Forest!

Toyota GT One '98
Suzuki Escudo
Lister Storm
Rimac Concept One or Two
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Renault 5
Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 RSR

Dream race Ford i guess, though hard then I'll be able to drive any of them judging to my luck and current earnings...

I don't know if anyone noticed but in Honda dealership in the "channel" section there were 3 videos, one of them was the Integra DC2 & that particular video has been replaced last month with a similar one from Hondas museum but instead of the Integra there is a '87 Civic Si! And what i'm thinking is why they take the time to replace that video if one of them isn't coming? It's not that they've added it but they replaced the previous one! Idk maybe i see what i wanna see

Exept the cars and tracks that all we want to add them in the game would be nice to add a track bilboard editor for custom advertising bilboards e.t.c. like Interlagos version 2017 (Formula 1 race) or Monza 2017 (Blancpain GT race).

Last edited:
Wasn't all of GT6's DLC free, too, though?
Yes it was. But I don't think that's what he meant by based on sales.
I read it as (paraphrasing)"If Sony and PD feel that there hasn't been enough purchases of the game, they may just cut there losses and put more focus toward their future developments and stop adding to GT Sport." Of course I could be wrong :D.

But to get to the wishlist part of things. Please, Please, please let there be at least one version of both a proper NSX (preferably the R :drool:) and an S2000 coming in the not to distant future.

:cheers:

He tweeted something on Twitter but dont know if it means something.

Now something tells me its a new teaser of new cars, a track and some new features. It is probably a new sort of approach from Kaz instead of those silhouette teasers we've had over the past few months. (Guess the engine sound haha)

Or... its a tweak of engine sounds for some cars or even the new tyre model. But for sure an update is coming tomorrow. Both timed just right I think.

Now something tells me its a new teaser of new cars, a track and some new features. It is probably a new sort of approach from Kaz instead of those silhouette teasers we've had over the past few months. (Guess the engine sound haha)

Or... its a tweak of engine sounds for some cars or even the new tyre model. But for sure an update is coming tomorrow. Both timed just right I think.
Sound updates like this would be incredible.

It's a strange tweet. Listening to the sounds, I would say this is the sound of an older race car not a modern one, something from the 60s or 70s or maybe early 80s. So it could just be an existing car such as the 330 P4 with a modified sound or a new car altogether.

I know this doesn't really help much but I would suggest thinking of something historic, could it be a recording of the Suzuki Escudo on Pikes Peak for example?

It's a strange tweet. Listening to the sounds, I would say this is the sound of an older race car not a modern one, something from the 60s or 70s or maybe early 80s. So it could just be an existing car such as the 330 P4 with a modified sound or a new car altogether.

I know this doesn't really help much but I would suggest thinking of something historic, could it be a recording of the Suzuki Escudo on Pikes Peak for example?

You guys are looking way too much into this, he is simply congratulating toyota on behalf of the championship.
Appreciating midnight sound roaring down the mulsanne or mursanne...I dont know the translation can be a miss.
Screenshot_20180619-104339.png
If this is something to tease for the sound I am sure he would have kept it a "surprise" till the next update..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back