the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,471 views
My gf wants an FJ and she wants it in matte black with a white top. I'm trying to get her to stray away from a white top because the metallic white top would throw off the looks. I suggested a moon roof, and she loved the idea
 
1991 Isuzu Nagisa concept
isuzu-nagisa-01.jpeg
isuzu-nagisa-02.jpeg
 
Get a whole bunch of them, and you can play bumper cars! :dopey:
 
This is the new one:
2015-mini-countryman.jpg

That's the S, same panels and platform with different bumpers and hood cutouts and 120kg heavier. And still hideous. The ride looks horrible too IRL.
 
mitsubishi-concept-xr-phev-front-three-quarters.jpg


And i can't help it but to post the ricer Evolution variant:

mitsu-xr-phev-vgt-01.jpg




Top Gear could do a better job than that :sly:

I have to disagree here... I think these two designs are far from ugly and I absolutely love the poise and stance that just oozes from the great use of angles and curves in these. I guess bold designs are always going to be emotive and divisive :)
 
I have to disagree here... I think these two designs are far from ugly and I absolutely love the poise and stance that just oozes from the great use of angles and curves in these. I guess bold designs are always going to be emotive and divisive :)
I appreciate your opinion ;)


Now, back to plain ugly cars....

Youabian-Puma-32.jpg


:crazy:
 
Pontiac Trans Sport, the vehicular definition of ****.
1280px-90-93_Pontiac_Trans_Sport.jpg

It also got terrible safety ratings.
 
I suspect a lot of people will like this because it has Zagato written on it, but I think its pretty awful.

tz3_corsa-30.jpg
 
Last edited:
I suspect a lot of people will like this because it has Alfa Romeo written on it, but I think this is a terrible attempt to cash in on the estate craze.

tz3_corsa-30.jpg

FTFY

I like it and I don't even know what it is.
 
I suspect a lot of people will like this because it has Zagato written on it, but I think this is a terrible attempt to cash in on the estate craze.

tz3_corsa-30.jpg
But, it's not an estate. It's a one-off modern interpretation of the AR Giulia TZ and built for a collector.

Here's the original, which isn't a wagon, either.
Alfa_Romeo_TZ1_08pop.jpg

Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TZ_Goodwood.jpg

I think they're both beautiful, Alfa/Zagato, or not. But I can see why someone wouldn't like the modern one.
 
It did look like an estate in that picture, sorry.

Still the original one looks brilliant, but the new one...:indiff:
 
I appreciate your opinion ;)


Now, back to plain ugly cars....

Youabian-Puma-32.jpg


:crazy:
What a poor job. It looks the body of another car has been put in a caccoon
 
Isn't that the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa? (a racing version of the TZ3 Stradale featured in GT6)
Yup. Interestingly, they built the Corsa on an Alfa 8C chassis and the Stradale on a Viper chassis.
 
Back