the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,469 views
I don't like this:
Datsun-redi-GO-concept-front-three-quarter-live.jpg
 
I'm sure that the Fiat Multipla has already been mentioned ( Probably the ugliest car ever...)
So I'll go with the Chrysler PT Cruiser640px-06-08_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser.jpg
 
Feast your eyes on this "magnificence"!!
2001_Avanti_Convertible2.jpg

The $60000 Corvette-engined 2001 Avanti Convertible.
 
Looks okay to me, but I see it has been modified. the hood reminds me of TRD 3000GT or something.

Just paint it silver or gray and that's good.
 
Okay so this car needs to be burned...now. WHO'S THE FOOL WHO DESIGNED THIS?! :banghead:

Toyota Mirai :crazy:
toyota_fcv_1-1-600x337.jpg


fuelcell.jpg
 
Its not that ugly. Its just really bland and generic.
 
Its just really bland and generic.

The first gen nailed it.

Second gens looked modern enough to avoid the 'bland' label a decade ago and haven't aged too badly. It's even better looking than a lot of modern mid-size SUVs, though far less distinguishable in that sector than it once was.
 
The Pontiac Transport:
90-93_Pontiac_Trans_Sport.jpg


Pure eyesore on wheels. If it ever made its way to GT (which will not), I wouldn't mind it being a turd-quality standard.
 
I think most of them (if not all) are already said but here it's

Nissan Tiida

2008_NISSAN_TIIDA_02.jpg


:yuck::yuck:

Sedan back end

Nissan_Tiida_rear_20080222.jpg


:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Why anyone over where i live even dare to try to think about buying the car ?:crazy:
----------------------------
Toyota Alphard

2008_Toyota_H20_Alphard_01.JPG


Mitsubishi lancer (NO NOT THE EVO, I MEANT THIS!)

06-Mitsubishi-Lancer.jpg


posting more.....
 
Last edited:
Honestly, none of those are ugly. I'd go as far as saying I like the new Tiida.
 
The Lancer isn't that ugly, its just very bland, or in other words, boring.
And usually, bland =/= ugly
I can see why people would see the Alphard as ugly though.
The same bland =/= ugly can be used for the back of the Tiida sedan.
And the other bits of Tiida are actually quite alright, if the new one had a bit more "oomph" to it, it would look great.
However, a car that i personally see as ugly....
108_11.jpg

I think if the emblem was changed from the bonnet to the grille, it could be a different story.
 
I think most of them (if not all) are already said

This isn't the Boring Car Thread. So unlikely.

However, a car that i personally see as ugly....
108_11.jpg

I think if the emblem was changed from the bonnet to the grille, it could be a different story.

It looks like a 308 that's been shrunk down to city car size thanks to the identical grill size and positioning. Not especially pretty, but far from repulsive.

If any of the new TPCA models were hit with the ugly stick, I'd only ever point to this.
 
Toyota Echo 2-door. When Toyota tried to make the Yaris to look more conventional type of a car with chancing the hatchback configuration. Of course they forgot that the rest of the car was still a hatchback and left it awfully portioned.
03.jpg
 
I think most of them (if not all) are already said but here it's

Nissan Tiida

2008_NISSAN_TIIDA_02.jpg


:yuck::yuck:

Sedan back end

Nissan_Tiida_rear_20080222.jpg


:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Why anyone over where i live even dare to try to think about buying the car ?:crazy:
Um, my dad bought one...
 
I am sure that legions of angry members here will rise up in protest, but I would like to nominate:

the front-end of the 458 Speciale.

2014-ferrari-458-speciale-front-end-in-motion-10.jpg


While the 458 was never pretty from the start, its track edition bigger sibling is even more unsightly (which is contrary to the fact that track versions of supercars, sans the SLS Black, tend to be sexier - think MP4-12C GT3, Gallardo Superleggeras, 911 GT3 RS etc).
 
Last edited:
The front-end of the 458 Speciale:

2014-ferrari-458-speciale-front-end-in-motion-10.jpg


While the 458 was never pretty from the start, its track edition bigger sibling is even more unsightly (which is contrary to the fact that track versions of supercars, sans the SLS Black, tend to be sexier - think MP4-12C GT3, Gallardo Superleggeras, 911 GT3 RS etc).

Leave and don't come back!
 
Leave and don't come back!
No, it has way too many creases and holes in its face. The 360CS and F430 Scuderia are, for me, a lot more tasteful.
 
I think the creases and holes are for aerodynamics and not just something stuck on to make it look different.
 
Back