the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,448 views
I forgot about the G6 coupe. Until I saw one today. The rear is just too long. :yuck:
pontiac-g6-coupe-2005-pics-100993.jpg
 
Oh but wait, there's a GXP version with arguably the worst wing ever put on a car.
112_0802_06z-2008_pontiac_g6_GXP_coupe-rear_view.jpg

112_0802_02z%2B2008_pontiac_g6_GXP_coupe%2Bfront_view.jpg

I had no idea you could get this much rice so recently direct from the manufacturer. Good. God.
 
Oh but wait, there's a GXP version with arguably the worst wing ever put on a car.
112_0802_06z-2008_pontiac_g6_GXP_coupe-rear_view.jpg

112_0802_02z%2B2008_pontiac_g6_GXP_coupe%2Bfront_view.jpg

That probably would have been a better example to post. :lol:

I just posted up the regular G6 since I haven't seen one in a while until recently.
 
Did Pontiac really make a factory ricer?

Well it did have 252hp from a 3.9l V6... And still slower than the Accord V6 Coupe, Solara V6 and everything else.
 
Well it did have 252hp from a 3.9l V6... And still slower than the Accord V6 Coupe, Solara V6 and everything else.
Bet Pontiac thought that a wing and hood scoops would instantly boost performance.
 
As well as one of the worst grilles ever, they stretched it down way too low.
That's what jumped out at me before anything else. The twin scoops are to be expected of a "performance" Pontiac of that era and at least the wing isn't trimmed in chrome.
 
Was GM drunk when they were planning the wing? Because it is absolutely hideous.
 
Looks like the wing was inspired by the whale tails of the 911...
 
Even better, the GXP.R kept the awful wing.
Good grief. Honestly, I don't have much against the G6 in standard trim.
 
Well the livery isn't good to begin with, and the car looks cheap-y on its own.
They have an LS2 engine producing around 450 hp and a custom built chassis.
 
Every modern Bitter looks awful IMO
D90_26304.jpg

bitter-vero_100408573_l.jpg
 
I kinda like the bottom one to be honest, not with those wheels mind.
 
Back