The K-Car Championship looking for racers all welcome. "4" spots open!

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 1,130 comments
  • 56,116 views

What time do you want racing to start on a sunday


  • Total voters
    25
I know my buddy greestlightnin usually likes writing paragraphs for us to read, not that I mind he usually says something funny. He does write lots and I do read it all, but I cannot help but wonder why. I believe though that long posts are usually important, which is why I will take some time to read them.
 
I swear im the only person who takes a week for testing. I wanna put up some numbers im getting outa my car, but im afraid that you members will say my numbers are slow or use them to your advantage.

So far my fastest time is 1:45.5, im getting 10 laps out of medium tires and hitting 115 mph on the back straight. I dunno if those numbers are slow, but i feel so stupid when planning out my car. Suspension-wise im so in the dark, i pretty sure i set up the height and springs to be lower and harder. Ive been trying to tap the hand brake to kick the back end out . the under-steer is SOOOO bad its like driving a bus.
 
I swear im the only person who takes a week for testing. I wanna put up some numbers im getting outa my car, but im afraid that you members will say my numbers are slow or use them to your advantage.

So far my fastest time is 1:45.5, im getting 10 laps out of medium tires and hitting 115 mph on the back straight. I dunno if those numbers are slow, but i feel so stupid when planning out my car. Suspension-wise im so in the dark, i pretty sure i set up the height and springs to be lower and harder. Ive been trying to tap the hand brake to kick the back end out . the under-steer is SOOOO bad its like driving a bus.
I will get on later and see what I can do for my hot laps. I have a feeling you are not to off the pace, but that time does seem a little bit slow to me. I noticed it was on Mediums though, so maybe thats why.
 
sakery´s gonna win every race he attends to.... so the battle for second will be hard.good luck everybody but i hope somebody can beta sakery atleast once and that sure as hell is not going to be me ;)
 
I swear im the only person who takes a week for testing. I wanna put up some numbers im getting outa my car, but im afraid that you members will say my numbers are slow or use them to your advantage.

So far my fastest time is 1:45.5, im getting 10 laps out of medium tires and hitting 115 mph on the back straight. I dunno if those numbers are slow, but i feel so stupid when planning out my car. Suspension-wise im so in the dark, i pretty sure i set up the height and springs to be lower and harder. Ive been trying to tap the hand brake to kick the back end out . the under-steer is SOOOO bad its like driving a bus.

Cool OK I am going to have a go at this once I mend my stubbed Toe :ouch: "Stupid Bed Getting In The Way" :ouch:. Oh and I need to get some food, but will defiantly post some lap times, however my pitting strategy will be a secret.


About your under steer, try changing your break balance and using softer spring settings. The best way to tune is to default everything and complete a hot lap. Once done, change settings one by one and complete hot laps to see the time difference. Once you have a good tune you don,t need to keep altering settings, apart from the gear ratios.

Edit: have you looked here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135268
 
Last edited:
Yup. and there are two more i found that ive been trying. thanks for the help tho:tup::)


Just lapped in my Cervo i am nearly 45 seconds slower on racing softs.

2:27.712

These racing softs seem to last about 8-12 laps so this will probably be a 1 stop race, about midway through on lap 8-9-10-11-12.

As this track is fast with long straights, faster cars with greater acceleration will be faster then some of the slower cars. This race on Sunday will be a race of two half's. The faster cars will race ahead while cars like the cervo will be 6-16 place:grumpy:.

Edit:Would be great if other racers could post their times to compare the difference.
 
update: Racing softs, Ophi tuned.... 1:44.306
 
It depends on which Car I can use ;)
If I drive with the Beat => I surely could win every Race, because I think it has no weakness.

But if I had to choose an other Car (what I will be doing, cause annihilation is no fun I want racing and not hotlaping for 15+ laps) I would go with the OFC-1.

Here is a general Tip from me for the Kei-Cars:
The peak HP isn´t always at peak RPM => shortshifting and looking at the power curve.

Example:
Car X has 123bhp at 7400rpm but the redline is at 10.000rpm.
Power-curve drops at 7400.
The perfect shift pont is at about 7700rpm => you gain so much acceleration and Lap-Time only with this Tip

Espacially in the Autozam ;)
In the OFC-1 you also have to shortshift but not that much.
I think the Beat is in this case one of the only exceptions.


Will test tonight a bit in both Cars. But I´ll take the OFC-1 till end of Series.
I gave Sp33dy my Beat setup => hope I didn´t make him that much faster :D

=> Opiochus if you want my AutumnRing OFC-1 Setup (1:23.3xx) I´ll give it to you.
 
everbody is testing so much,i havent driven my cervo after the practice race :D
 
Will someone be able to host the test lobby on saturday for me? I'm not sure if i'll be at home on time or even at home at all saturday night haha.
 
yep i can host the test lobby.. im the other admin anyway :)
 
Here is a general Tip from me for the Kei-Cars:
The peak HP isn´t always at peak RPM => shortshifting and looking at the power curve.


Interesting, I may have to try this, however I am no good at manual shifting. 💡 I think it may be time to learn:idea:.
 
I've not had any testing time either. I will try and do some running tonight.

I'm now out on Sunday and not sure if I'll be home in time for the race - fingers crossed!

Edit: which track have you guys been testing on?
 
I've not had any testing time either. I will try and do some running tonight.

I'm now out on Sunday and not sure if I'll be home in time for the race - fingers crossed!

Edit: which track have you guys been testing on?

nurg burg short track. ive used three tunings i found online, and they seem to work . im not gonna use sakerys tune ,becuase im gonna lose anyway, so at least i can blame on my tunings , not my inadequatecy as a racer.
 
I know my buddy greestlightnin usually likes writing paragraphs for us to read, not that I mind he usually says something funny. He does write lots and I do read it all, but I cannot help but wonder why. I believe though that long posts are usually important, which is why I will take some time to read them.

I'll

keep

it

short

next

time

.

;)

:lol:

:lol:

:lol:
 
Did a short Test in the Beat at GP/F:
2:17.5xx


Was too tired => just did 3 laps and almost fell asleep while driving => didn´t test the OFC but me think 2:20 or lower could be possible with her.
 
i don't know why i typed 1.44.. that's nowhere close to my time. its was about 2.25.4, but I'm using a tune i found on the forum, but ill try sakery's tune when i convert the kph to mph.
 
glad to see this is a frienly series where everybody is sharing and not too competive,keeo it up guys
 
1:18.6 honda beat z 10laps and 1 broken controller to get that
 
i was racing a friend for fun which got abit competetive turning 2 hard and snapped the stick, luckly got 3 more so am still good to race
 
i was racing a friend for fun which got abit competetive turning 2 hard and snapped the stick, luckly got 3 more so am still good to race


Lets have one mate i'm down to my last one ;)
 
i was racing a friend for fun which got abit competetive turning 2 hard and snapped the stick, luckly got 3 more so am still good to race

My rule of thumb is that if you hear the horn your tuning to hard and you will break the controller:sly:.
 
i don't know why i typed 1.44.. that's nowhere close to my time. its was about 2.25.4, but I'm using a tune i found on the forum, but ill try sakery's tune when i convert the kph to mph.


You got me worried the lap record in real life by an F1 car is 1:29.468 by M. Schumacher. I thought for a moment that your K-Car had a V10 :).
 
glad to see this is a frienly series where everybody is sharing and not too competive,keeo it up guys

Yes i like the vibe, i hope to continue many seasons as well as open up other championships.
 
Yeah I like the relaxed feel too, hopefully it'll stay that way!
 
I am going to do bad tomorrow. My car is doing a 2:30. It just doesn't have the power.
 
Back