The K-Car Championship looking for racers all welcome. "4" spots open!

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 1,130 comments
  • 56,116 views

What time do you want racing to start on a sunday


  • Total voters
    25
Not shure if ill make these races im running an F1 championship at 9 pm GMT so ill b cutting it close.
 
Well gang, I missed the race due to my own :dopey:, but I did watch it in it's entirety. And I was bouncing from driver to driver, watching battles and looking at tire wear and such.

Sakery obviously had an awesome set-up, but he drove the wheels off that Beat as well. His tire management was perfect too, as he had petty much 0 tire left at the end of the race.

I also enjoyed watching Coxbox and Tacom08 battle, lost count of how many times they traded the spot. That battle went on for most of the race.

I thought Long-haired lout did a good job as well.

Ophiochus? Not gonna go there. ;)

Not sure what happened at the start. Coxbox started out front, but was showing last on the leader list. Odd. Perhaps turning off mics could help? Just a suggestion...

We did a little racing afterwards. I thought I had something for Sakery, but boy, was I wrong. Don't know if my set-up or my driving style was too aggressive, but my tires were toast at 5 laps. I'm guessing both.

I'd say overall, Coxbox did a fine job. Turnout was really good I thought. I'm looking forward to next week.

👍 Nive one, cya then.
 
Sorry I missed guys, was really looking forward to it to. It sounds like you guys had some fun though. I have found in the past running in private lounges actually does reduce lag, as does not using mics. Anyway see you guys next time. :)
 
Well I don't know if anyone noticed but I got disconnected from the lobby server just abouts when I took the lead :|

Sucks really, had the blank screen in t he beginning too, which disappeard all of a sudden to say "Start"

Tried connecting back soon as I could but it wouldn't let me. REal disappointing, was looking forward to racing 27 laps.

I'll make it next sunday, but I really hope this doesn't happen then too
 
Yeah everybody should plug-out their Mics atleast for the Races.

Race was fine but I thought mid-race that the Beat is maybe the Overpowered Car and not the Cappucino.
My Tire wear was perfect though. Could have done a 15th lap but that wasn´t needed (13 and 14 lap stints).

I could have done a 2 stopper because I had ~25seconds gap to the second at lap 10ish and at lap 20ish I had 44seconds gap.
Well I might think of not running the Beat for this Series, although I love the Car :D
The short Race after I tried the OFC-1 and I did a 1:23.2xx in it and I had quite good Tirewear for an FWD Car.
So possibly I make a Car-switch.
Or fit the specs to the Beat. Reduce power add weight etc. or just bann it like the Capuccino´s.

@greest: You smashed your Tires with your Driving-style ;) Drifting isn´t the best for the wear ;)

€dit:
@Opiochus: Try to get Lapped the clean way. You rammed me and almost spun me out 👎
 
and i have to ask u cox can i change my car? :D




cause my driving skills are not enough to be competive,i need something more powerful. just asking if its possible to change?.
 
Last edited:
I think disabling mics could be a good idea? and sakery do you use a wheel?
 
Yeh I agree with disabling mics. I was in my gaming chair with speakers by my head when all of a sudden a dog barked. I don't even have a dog - I nearly went off track it made me jump so much!

What tyres was everybody on and how many stops did you make? I was on RS and made two stops.
 
Yeh I agree with disabling mics. I was in my gaming chair with speakers by my head when all of a sudden a dog barked. I don't even have a dog - I nearly went off track it made me jump so much!

What tyres was everybody on and how many stops did you make? I was on RS and made two stops.

haha that dog made me jump too, and I did 2 stops on Racing Softs.
 
and i have to ask u cox can i change my car? :D




cause my driving skills are not enough to be competive,i need something more powerful. just asking if its possible to change?.

sure not a problem. I don't know why you were not competitive. Watching the replay you did slide off the track a bit. Remember some tracks are different then others.
 
Yeah everybody should plug-out their Mics atleast for the Races.

Race was fine but I thought mid-race that the Beat is maybe the Overpowered Car and not the Cappucino.
My Tire wear was perfect though. Could have done a 15th lap but that wasn´t needed (13 and 14 lap stints).

I could have done a 2 stopper because I had ~25seconds gap to the second at lap 10ish and at lap 20ish I had 44seconds gap.
Well I might think of not running the Beat for this Series, although I love the Car :D
The short Race after I tried the OFC-1 and I did a 1:23.2xx in it and I had quite good Tirewear for an FWD Car.
So possibly I make a Car-switch.
Or fit the specs to the Beat. Reduce power add weight etc. or just bann it like the Capuccino´s.

@greest: You smashed your Tires with your Driving-style ;) Drifting isn´t the best for the wear ;)

€dit:
@Opiochus: Try to get Lapped the clean way. You rammed me and almost spun me out 👎


The Beat did seam a little overpowered and unfair. What power and what weight is the car. Yes we should not use mics on Sunday in the race on Sunday. VOIP does defect bandwidth greatly, especially when there is no dedicated server.
 
Last edited:
Yeh I agree with disabling mics. I was in my gaming chair with speakers by my head when all of a sudden a dog barked. I don't even have a dog - I nearly went off track it made me jump so much!

What tyres was everybody on and how many stops did you make? I was on RS and made two stops.


Racing softs and 2 stop.s
 
sorry about the dog barking guys, seems evertime i have my mic on everything in my house starts making noise, i pitted 3 times with the beat due to killing the rear tyres so i dont agree that it should be banned, all the cars are pretty good but its how you race them that counts, also with the dodgy start didnt help ppl, did you have everything set to high for the room settings? good race overall and look 4ward to the series
 
sorry about the dog barking guys, seems evertime i have my mic on everything in my house starts making noise, i pitted 3 times with the beat due to killing the rear tyres so i dont agree that it should be banned, all the cars are pretty good but its how you race them that counts, also with the dodgy start didnt help ppl, did you have everything set to high for the room settings? good race overall and look 4ward to the series

Everything was set to recommended settings. I was thinking about this, and thought that because some of the drivers are from the USA, this could cause some issues with connections, I am not blaming but it could be the cause. Like it has already been said we should keep the mics off at least to the end of the race.

What i will do is have a contingency plan 💡 Before the race starts i will make sure everybody has a stable connection without being dropped out , and that all racers are ready to race.

Edit: i don't want to ban the Honda beat, remember there are other tracks which it might struggle. To be honest though it was fast and was over the horizon by the second lap, this was down to driving and tuning. The best way to pit less is to change the way you drive. If you watch for wheel spin and slide this should protect the rubber on the tires, and if they start to ware reduce your pace slightly.
 
Last edited:
I had racing softs and pitted around lap 13 and i thought i was pitting early. Of course my tires where smoked by 26, and i should have just done a stop at lap 10 and lap 20 (if i kept with racing soft).Would it make a huge difference if i go Racing soft on the back and Racing mediums (or even hards)on the front, then pitted and switched out to all softs ( to make up time)? switching the front tire grade i think might help me with my horrible tire conservation.

As for the mics, i think it has NOTHING to do with it.there was only 2 of us, and speedy barely talked. Don't get me wrong ,I'm am totally for shutting them off. I wasn't gonna use mine anyway, it seemed to hurt me more then help me.I honestly feel a little like this rule is pointed at me.. ;)

If there is a advantage to the Beat then we should ban it, but i think its just that Sakery is crazy German and knows what he is doing! I hope the midweek tuning is still going on because i have NO concept of tuning. i tried reading on it and its still a little foggy. Ive seen tunings for other cars in this series but I've yet to find one for my Daihatsu. This track i think will be much faster, and more about the driving, not the pits.

I also doubt i was trying to ram you.Maybe I'm a scrub, but i don't look behind me when i drive so I'm sorry if i bumped you when speed up to pass me out of a corner... that you all claim i cut anyway! :) I promise ill be much cleaner this time. Ill probably be DEAD last, but much cleaner.
 
The no mic rule isn't aimed at anyone as far as I know, any changes that could possibly help with connection is a good thing.

Oh and I'm hosting testing lobbies the night before each race instead of mid week testing.
 
I had racing softs and pitted around lap 13 and i thought i was pitting early. Of course my tires where smoked by 26, and i should have just done a stop at lap 10 and lap 20 (if i kept with racing soft).Would it make a huge difference if i go Racing soft on the back and Racing mediums (or even hards)on the front, then pitted and switched out to all softs ( to make up time)? switching the front tire grade i think might help me with my horrible tire conservation.

As for the mics, i think it has NOTHING to do with it.there was only 2 of us, and speedy barely talked. Don't get me wrong ,I'm am totally for shutting them off. I wasn't gonna use mine anyway, it seemed to hurt me more then help me.I honestly feel a little like this rule is pointed at me.. ;)

If there is a advantage to the Beat then we should ban it, but i think its just that Sakery is crazy German and knows what he is doing! I hope the midweek tuning is still going on because i have NO concept of tuning. i tried reading on it and its still a little foggy. Ive seen tunings for other cars in this series but I've yet to find one for my Daihatsu. This track i think will be much faster, and more about the driving, not the pits.

I also doubt i was trying to ram you.Maybe I'm a scrub, but i don't look behind me when i drive so I'm sorry if i bumped you when speed up to pass me out of a corner... that you all claim i cut anyway! :) I promise ill be much cleaner this time. Ill probably be DEAD last, but much cleaner.


Guys the odd bit of contact is OK this is understandable. For example in my Cervo when using the internal view, you can see anything on the left. Only major contact will cause you too loose major points e.g ramming someone clean off the track and not attempting to break.
 
I had racing softs and pitted around lap 13 and i thought i was pitting early. Of course my tires where smoked by 26, and i should have just done a stop at lap 10 and lap 20 (if i kept with racing soft).Would it make a huge difference if i go Racing soft on the back and Racing mediums (or even hards)on the front, then pitted and switched out to all softs ( to make up time)? switching the front tire grade i think might help me with my horrible tire conservation.

As for the mics, i think it has NOTHING to do with it.there was only 2 of us, and speedy barely talked. Don't get me wrong ,I'm am totally for shutting them off. I wasn't gonna use mine anyway, it seemed to hurt me more then help me.I honestly feel a little like this rule is pointed at me.. ;)

If there is a advantage to the Beat then we should ban it, but i think its just that Sakery is crazy German and knows what he is doing! I hope the midweek tuning is still going on because i have NO concept of tuning. i tried reading on it and its still a little foggy. Ive seen tunings for other cars in this series but I've yet to find one for my Daihatsu. This track i think will be much faster, and more about the driving, not the pits.

I also doubt i was trying to ram you.Maybe I'm a scrub, but i don't look behind me when i drive so I'm sorry if i bumped you when speed up to pass me out of a corner... that you all claim i cut anyway! :) I promise ill be much cleaner this time. Ill probably be DEAD last, but much cleaner.

Ophiochus,

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I was the first to post about turning the mics off. It was strictly made towards eliminating (or at least reducing) the lag issue.

As far as the set-ups go, I found at least 2. I go looking for them because I can't tune either. One is way better than the other. :sly:

I happened to catch Sakery put you a lap down live. What I found most disturbing was that it appeared that you tried to push him into the pits. Maybe Sakery can confirm this? Lap 22 seems to be in my head, but I don't think I saved it...

I highly doubt that you will finish last, as you are fast. You just need to clean up your act a little bit.

Lol, don't even argue the shortcut issue, as I watched you straightline turns 3 and 4 more than once, twice, three...:guilty:

I hope you don't take this post wrong, as it is mean't to be constructive criticism only. We are supposed to represent the Pennsylvania Posse, and present ourselves accordingly. ;)

What is an Ophiochus, anyway? :confused:
 
Last edited:
The Beat has 157bhp and mine has 67k km on the clock => maybe even more power (??)

Weight is pretty damn low (mid 600kg don´t know the correct figure will look at it) plus it´s MR drivetrain.
For the Record I use DS3 with Sensivity on 7.

Well I think I´m not the fastest (someone with a wheel could brake into the 20´s with the Car I think) and I´m far away of being a Tuning-expert, but maybe mildly "gifted".

Everybody who want´s my Beat setup and//or my OFC-1 setup just pm me here and I´ll write it down for you (I could post it here too soo...).

@Opiochus: Well nothing happend => forget about it ;)
But you already said you would better yourself 👍
 
What is an Ophiochus, anyway? :confused:

I took the name from 13th Stellazio coin in Final fantasy IX, and its a character in my video game plot.And a constellation.
 
dont write so long messages plz :D im too lazy read so much ;)
 
Back