The K-Car Championship looking for racers all welcome. "4" spots open!

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 1,130 comments
  • 56,118 views

What time do you want racing to start on a sunday


  • Total voters
    25
I just tried to fill in the form but the link didn't work :(

But I'm running a Suzuki wagon r rr '98. It's a shed, but it's all I had in my garage!!

It should be working now, it does for me, if not i can add you later manually.

Edit: Does it look like this :D.

Santa-Pod-Comedy-Shed-car.jpg
 
I'm using the app on my phone - maybe that's why?

Edit: I just know it's going to handle like that lol. Ah well, it'll be fun!
 
If you goto a or b-spec and select the k car races then press square to bring up your garage, youll get a list of all your k cars.

If i had know that^ it would have saved me an hour of trying to see if i had them.

You can always goto the new cars, and get a mazda autozam, or a diahatsu OFC concept, or a Suzuki cappuccino
 
The cappuccino ea11r isn't on the allowed list. Is it banned?
 
Wow i just realized i dont know how to work GT5's online interface very well. I cant figure out to invite the people on my friends list to a race...
 
Wow i just realized i dont know how to work GT5's online interface very well. I cant figure out to invite the people on my friends list to a race...

You can't

What times is everybody getting? I'm getting 1:29.7's on a good lap, I think my car can get into the 1:28's
 
Wow i just realized i dont know how to work GT5's online interface very well. I cant figure out to invite the people on my friends list to a race...

You cant, it is so stupid :drool:. You need the room number, give this to the friend, they can then type this in and join.
 
Joining room
 
Great race. Sorry if you think i cut corners, but at least i went from 3rd to like 7th on the last lap. Thats justice right?

*Mental note- Buy racing hard/medium tires.

Good job to all who raced, you did awesome.

And Coxbox, you where in front of me for a while(and so was sakery) but it said I was in second. I didnt understand that.
 
So 7pm gmt is the definite time? And if it's OK with Cox i might host a saturday night testing lobby (if he doesn't).
 
Great racing guys. Really enjoyed the long race despite it not being wheel to wheel racing but at least the numerous pit stops made it exciting.

If anybody is up for any midweek running that would be good too. I'll try make Saturdays if I can but I've usually got stuff on
 
So 7pm gmt is the definite time? And if it's OK with Cox i might host a saturday night testing lobby (if he doesn't).

Yes guys this is the define race time, and you are welcome to host a saturday night testing lobby.

And good race guys results to come soon, stay tuned.
 
Great race. Sorry if you think i cut corners, but at least i went from 3rd to like 7th on the last lap. Thats justice right?

*Mental note- Buy racing hard/medium tires.

Good job to all who raced, you did awesome.

And Coxbox, you where in front of me for a while(and so was sakery) but it said I was in second. I didnt understand that.

looking at the replay there was some lag at the start, i started to move but the rest of you did not, i released and slowed down for you to catch up. this may be the cause.
 
Regarding the lag at the start, my screen was blank for ages. When the picture finally came on it said 'START' and people were already off!
 
Race Information

Track Autumn Ring
Laps = 27
Total Race time = 40:52.228


picture(10).php


Race Results
  1. Sakery
  2. tacom08
  3. long-haired-lout
  4. coxbox
  5. flimbo84
  6. roniethebooster
  7. SP3DYO2011
  8. Ophiochus
  9. wackyhockeykid9

Top 5 Lap Times
  1. Sakery - 1:22.484
  2. tacom08 - 1:23.421
  3. long-haired-lout - 1:23.988
  4. SP3DYO2011 - 1:24.943
  5. coxbox - 1:24.978
 
Last edited:
good practice race. i have to play around with my setup through
 
Regarding the lag at the start, my screen was blank for ages. When the picture finally came on it said 'START' and people were already off!

Yes GT5 does this sometimes i have experienced it, if this happens again then i will look for other members to host the rooms.

My internet speeds are:

Down speed 9.52 Mbps
Up speed 0.810 Mbps

The Down speed can change between 9 and 15 Mbps.
 
They are some fast lap times! Wow.

To be fair I had to go back to the dealership to buy a new car minutes before the start as my wagon was naff! I only had enough time to put a few mods on and got on track with about 30 seconds to spare!

Hopefully once I've done weight reduction and done some set up work I'll be a tad quicker. Something to look forward to :)
 
There was some lag a bit at the start, next time i will wait until everybody is in the race:)

Sorry, I should have explained better. The 404 was what I got when I clicked on the link. I went to the OP and found the room number and got in the room fine. I did't make the race because I wasn't watching the clock. I went and made a transmission adjustment, and when I came back out there was only 8 seconds til race start...:ouch:
 
Sorry, I should have explained better. The 404 was what I got when I clicked on the link. I went to the OP and found the room number and got in the room fine. I did't make the race because I wasn't watching the clock. I went and made a transmission adjustment, and when I came back out there was only 8 seconds til race start...:ouch:

OK no problem well i will make sure that everybody is on track before the race starts.
 
Last edited:
Oh one more thing, guys you may want to take a look at this, this thread explains the different tires in game and their performance, it does look as if RS are better then RH and RM when endurance racing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=236549

That article just says what is already pretty obvious....

Im not trying to be a sore loser, i just miscalculated my driving style and had dead tires at the end. If had just been smarter, i could have second if not AT LEAST 3rd. I lost the last 4 positions 1/4 mile before the finish.

The fact that my car is FF would make a huge difference correct? thats personally what im blaming it on.Also everyone seemed pretty pissed at me when the game ended but i didnt mean to be a prick. I was just trying to win. If you guys dont kick me out, i would like to try to get to the mid-week and/or saturday runnings. AND i regret messing up and not saving the replay. Otherwise there would be some nice pictures.
 
That article just says what is already pretty obvious....

Im not trying to be a sore loser, i just miscalculated my driving style and had dead tires at the end. If had just been smarter, i could have second if not AT LEAST 3rd. I lost the last 4 positions 1/4 mile before the finish.

The fact that my car is FF would make a huge difference correct? thats personally what im blaming it on.Also everyone seemed pretty pissed at me when the game ended but i didnt mean to be a prick. I was just trying to win. If you guys dont kick me out, i would like to try to get to the mid-week and/or saturday runnings. AND i regret messing up and not saving the replay. Otherwise there would be some nice pictures.

I did not think you were a sore loser, yes a FF drive train does not help sadly the front tires do all the work, thus they ware the most. We will not kick you out the next race, however penalties will be on. That way people can not complain for cutting corners or ramming. I do have the replay, I think I can send this to you or you can download from me.

Going back to tires quickly, I had to pit twice, this lost me second so I think strategy will be important in the next race.

Anyway i will sort out the replay for you, them i am going to head off and watch TV , good racing today Ophiochus and everybody else.

Coxbox :)


Edit: Cant send replay over ps3 however can send it via internet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239169

I am uploading now and will put the link on here for download.

Here is the download link to the replay:

Download Link

If you can not access the replay due to region coding, then someone from Europe may need to load the replay and take pictures.
 
Last edited:
Yes guys this is the define race time, and you are welcome to host a saturday night testing lobby.

And good race guys results to come soon, stay tuned.

Ok then, i'll host a members only tuning lobby the night before each race and put the lobby number in this thread.

And yeah hopefully it won't be laggy at the start again.
 
Last edited:
Well gang, I missed the race due to my own :dopey:, but I did watch it in it's entirety. And I was bouncing from driver to driver, watching battles and looking at tire wear and such.

Sakery obviously had an awesome set-up, but he drove the wheels off that Beat as well. His tire management was perfect too, as he had petty much 0 tire left at the end of the race.

I also enjoyed watching Coxbox and Tacom08 battle, lost count of how many times they traded the spot. That battle went on for most of the race.

I thought Long-haired lout did a good job as well.

Ophiochus? Not gonna go there. ;)

Not sure what happened at the start. Coxbox started out front, but was showing last on the leader list. Odd. Perhaps turning off mics could help? Just a suggestion...

We did a little racing afterwards. I thought I had something for Sakery, but boy, was I wrong. Don't know if my set-up or my driving style was too aggressive, but my tires were toast at 5 laps. I'm guessing both.

I'd say overall, Coxbox did a fine job. Turnout was really good I thought. I'm looking forward to next week.
 
Last edited:
Back