The Last Day Dawns.. of the Last Duper.

  • Thread starter Thread starter valroize
  • 117 comments
  • 8,857 views
Messages
70
Yes.. Yes... you are all right...
As I read in these forums... seems like...

Duping Cars you like = Crime and Dupers are critisized as "Criminals, Cheaters"

This is my GT5 Story:

1.) I got the game GT5 November 21, 2010. Played through the game [Lisence Test"] as usual as in all previous GT games. (I played GT from the very first game called Granturismo way back all those years and I can say those were the Golden years and I know many of you would agree.)

2.) Playing halfway through Lisence test (a)International... I came to know that getting the cars/being able to buy/drive the cars I love does not really need the Lisence test anymore unlike before which was Mandatory... I began to buy my first car.. and Race.. Race..race..race... for the credits and EXP to be able to drive the cars "I Love"... (Note: the word "Obsession" sets in.)

3.) I'm not a good driver and I just consider myself "Lucky" winning ALL races in A Specs... and most Especially B Specs with my friend "Bob" (He's 40 Now...with his Favorite Red Bull X1 Car.)

4.) I myself got through the races with the Chevrolet's cars.. I won My historic Cup with Z/28 69 and done all related races with it... from Beginer's up to Expert races/tracks, bought a 458 Italia and a Lambo to take care of the relative races because it is mandatory.

5.) Bought my ZR1 and RMed it that plowed through the races like "Like the wind, Dream Cars Challenges...

6.) Time passed by I accumulated 18Mil Cr Feb. 24, 2011... said to myself I am still 2Mil away from buying GT5's "Sexiest Car" (IMHO only) the Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car..

7.) Finally bought my Loved Car Feb. 25 doing Dream Car on B-Specs with my Bob on his Red Bull X1 = 866,000 per completed race series of Dream Car Challenge.

8.) Bought 330 P4 Feb. 26, 2011 with my "Hard EARNED" 20,000,000 ( see how many zeros there... whew!!! )

9.) I resulted to want to duplicate my Favorite Car; Because: Cars in GT5 now... has Mileage which leads to change oil.. then engine build.. but as mileage grows.. Engine rebuild will not be able to regain lost Hp of the car... just like real life cars.. and Because of the word "Obsession" I believe many would want to "Preserve" their Favorite car's 0.0 Km and all other STATS with it.. therefore finding a way to "Immortalize" (Preserve) the car...

10.) And as the 1.07 update was implemented.. and was temporarily lifted up to March 03, 2011... I started/created another account in my PS3.

11.) I spent my HARD EARNED 20Mil to buy my Lovely 330 P4... then send it to my alternate account... BUT as the Ban is on effect.. I was not able to send the 330 P4 back to my original as it said you haved used up your "Daily" quota in sending and/or recieving gifted cars.

12.) Sent the 330 P4 from original account Feb 26, 2011 7pm... I recieved it via second account Feb 27, 2011 then sent it back 7 pm same date.. recieved the car back Feb 28 10am...

13.) Now I still have my 20Mil and the Car in a Gift Ticket.



Now after reading/writting this.. people would accuse me of doing:
Crime?? Criminal?? Cheater..?? Call me anything, anyway, you want...

Cheater>??? I still EARNED 20,000,000 the hard way...
Criminal??.. I Invested TIME Doing all these... November 2010 until now... Feb 28, 2011...
I never sent any cars anywhere/anyone... I just want to preserve this car's mileage, Hp, Thus, resulting to duplicating it... "For My Own Pleasure."

I duplicated my Favorite Car. am I still GUILTY ?!!?

How can people say duping is cheating under the following cirsumstances listed below: And as PATHETIC PD seemed likely agrees too, THus, imposing the 1.07 Gift Limit... Is it justifiable??? OR JUst plain "Enviness" of other people who don't want to go through the hard work in the first place... if this is so.. I say die you people who envy people who duped cars for their own pleasure...

1.) I bought the game with hard earned money (Real Life)
2.) Played through the game in Both Aand B Specs to earn EXP and Cr.
3.) Duplicated the ONLY [One (1)] car I really love the Ferrari 330 P4.

My Apologies if this has been discussed b4...
My utmost thanks to those who took the time to read..
I just feel NOT all duping is cheating... IMO.
 
Last edited:
Took me 10 minutes to get that same Ferrari with the birthday glitch....
 
Why does everyone here seem to feel the need to justify how they are playing the game either by descriptions like that, or how they have a job/wife/kids/mom/dad/pet monkey that needs constant care.

Nobody cares, we surely don't. This thread is gonna turn into another whine fest about the rule change.

It changed, thats it, get over it.
 
Why does everyone here seem to feel the need to justify how they are playing the game either by descriptions like that, or how they have a job/wife/kids/mom/dad/pet monkey that needs constant care.

Nobody cares, we surely don't. This thread is gonna turn into another whine fest about the rule change.

It changed, thats it, get over it.

Talk about pet monkey.. We did had one when I was young...
well, he's gone.. (escaped)
would want to teach my pet monkey drive for me in those 24 hour endurace race while I'm at work.. hahahahaha.. LOLOLOZ... now won't that be a crime..LOLZ
 
Mother of god how many threads on the same topic do we need? Go a few threads down and post your story in one of the existing threads.

You earned some credits, duped a car, etc, etc

Some people will care, others won't, they'll argue about it and moan about devaluing the game vs playing it like you want. This will continue on for pages much like the other threads.
 
I feel you, I feel you...

Im planing on writing a book named - 1.07 - The end of an Era

I myself stoped playing the game shortly after 1.05 - what I really wanted didnt happen (more a-spec events) and I only have two 24hour races left to finish a-spec (2 races I cannot do ever - unless mid race saves come in the next patch)

But I still read the GT5 forum its better than a britcom series :D
 
I see nothing wrong with duping as it does not give any body a clear advantage online . For PD to do what they have done they might as well take out gifting all together . It's bad enough they are hurting theirselves by taking so long to release a sub-par game but after the fact they continue to push customers away ! Keep up the awful work PD !
 
tribolik
I myself stoped playing the game shortly after 1.05 - what I really wanted didnt happen (more a-spec events) and I only have two 24hour races left to finish a-spec (2 races I cannot do ever - unless mid race saves come in the next patch)

Aren't all the new seasonals basically like more A spec... Not just the bonus races but others like FF, AWD challenge, etc...
 
Personally I am just about done with GT5 as I have done everything except the endurance. I am yet to collect all cars and now that duplication is being phased out for the expensive cars then I don't see the point.

What can bring me back? The following:
1) More seasonal events;
2( Game saves for endurance races;
3) More credits for grinding to collect cars; or
4) Removing the trading limitations.

As far as I see it if you put 1,000+ cars in the game and include a trophy for it then you are asking people to play it like Pokemon. I'll only ever drive maybe 50 out of the 700 odd cars in my garage which means that so many cars are there solely for collecting, not driving.
And I'm cool with that.
Just don't make it so hard to collect the damn things.
 
freedomweasel
Mother of god how many threads on the same topic do we need? Go a few threads down and post your story in one of the existing threads.

You earned some credits, duped a car, etc, etc

Some people will care, others won't, they'll argue about it and moan about devaluing the game vs playing it like you want. This will continue on for pages much like the other threads.

What's the big deal he is not taking up space on your property and has a right to express himself just as you did ! Your they type that has such a boring life the only excitement you get is by sticking your nose into others business . If your so sick of it stop reading post, it's just that simple .
 
Mother of god how many threads on the same topic do we need? Go a few threads down and post your story in one of the existing threads.

You earned some credits, duped a car, etc, etc

Some people will care, others won't, they'll argue about it and moan about devaluing the game vs playing it like you want. This will continue on for pages much like the other threads.

In your post it seems that you don't care, but why still finish reading and posting like making yourself a smart a**?
 
Aren't all the new seasonals basically like more A spec... Not just the bonus races but others like FF, AWD challenge, etc...

Ok I lied Ive been playing GT5 1 hour each 15 days (thats about how much time it takes to get them done)...

thank you PD for the 20 extra races you gave us but Im still waiting for the 400 events that GT5 comes short from GT4
 
You don't need to care what other people say. Its your own personal copy of the game :)
 
In your post it seems that you don't care, but why still finish reading and posting like making yourself a smart a**?

Because it's incredibly difficult to find worthwhile posts in this place because every third thread is a complaint about a patch or duping. This thread adds nothing new to the discussion and could have been posted in one of the existing threads.
 
Why does everyone here seem to feel the need to justify how they are playing the game either by descriptions like that, or how they have a job/wife/kids/mom/dad/pet monkey that needs constant care.

Nobody cares, we surely don't. This thread is gonna turn into another whine fest about the rule change.

It changed, thats it, get over it.

^^ This.

There are still people who are going to play GT 5. Don't act like this update will have 99.9999% of the players quitting. It won't. If anything, it's only the online community, which isn't a fair representation of the entirety of the fan-base, that is expressing their opinions. I've seen it split, and I've seen a lot more people in favor of it rather than against it.

The ones who are in favor of it, however, don't go around making topics complaining, so they are a lot less evident. The ones who aren't are going around making a ruckus everywhere, thus making, what they think, is a huge impact, when in reality; it's just a drawn out complaint that people should have stopped caring about long, long ago.

tl;dr - get over it. It's gone. I want the previous rewards from 1.05 back in the game, but they're gone now, however, that hasn't stopped me from playing.
 
...This is my GT5 Story......

I'm kinda with you, on the same boat. I have been playing through GT5, A-Spec and Seasonal Events. I havent done any grinding. But when I reached $16million credits i started buying expensive race cars from the UCD; sending them to a sub-account and then copying the backed-up gamesave where i still had all my cash. i wasn't going to use those cars in races to 'finish' GT5; The rest of the cars i'm using to beat GT5 im taking the credit hit from them. i just wanted to collect them and race them later. That's my "duping". call me what you want or dont. means nothing to me. play how you want or the same way i did. doesnt bother me.
 
In your post it seems that you don't care, but why still finish reading and posting like making yourself a smart a**?

You know you're a really bad troll, right?
 
Do we really need this thead?

Um, did he not mention he had a pet monkey? OF COURSE we need this thread. GTP needs more pet monkey stories like Music needs more cowbells!

I'm captivated by this thread.
 
I don't dupe...and I don't mind people duping...but when they make a mistake and screw themselves and blame the game, then it's their own fault.

I don't trade or anything because I like to earn all my cars.
 
So you want 2 copies of the same car. The real life equivalent is printing your own currency, which is illegal.
 
I would dupe my favourite car, but it's a Mazda Atenza so I'd just buy another one.

And by the way, this game isn't meant to last an hour. You have to work hard for things, which is why PD put a
limit on the value of tradeable cars.
 
So you want 2 copies of the same car. The real life equivalent is printing your own currency, which is illegal.

It's about time someone said something like this.

I'm not saying I'm against duping. I understand there are reasons why people do it, but clearly PD see it the way this guy does, which I don't blame them for.

inb4 we get some guy come in making a 5 paragraph rant about how he "has a life" and can't play gt5 for 10 hours a day.
 
I'm close to 20mil and have considered the money trick for those cars, but those are the only ones that made me even think about it much. How many 20,000,000 cars are there anyway?
Very soon it won't matter anyway.
 
Um, did he not mention he had a pet monkey? OF COURSE we need this thread. GTP needs more pet monkey stories like Music needs more cowbells!

I'm captivated by this thread.

^ This almost made me spew beer everywhere!
 
Back