The Last of Us Part II

• Thread starter Techy
  • 203 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123

4K Trailer

Wasn't sure if it's appropriate to start a new thread, but might as well. It's still super early for this game - it was only just revealed - but I think we can clearly say a couple of things about Naughty Dog's next AAA title.

I am beyond excited. I feel the first game's story is still strong enough to start and end on its own, but I know ND wouldn't be making a sequel if they didn't feel they couldn't create something just as great as the first.

Damn, I might have to get a PS4 for this. The first game was probably my favourite for the PS3

I cannot wait to see what this story will be about and how it pans out. Like uncharted 4, I still won't get a PS4 just to experience this.

Can't believe it! New Uncharted title: The Lost Legacy & now the Last of Us Pt 2? Wow, NaughtyDog is going all out on this current generation of gaming! Looking forward to both titles! :D

htxdafdjbdw9kgfc08ea.png

YES! :D The first game is my all time favorite, the best ever made. While this was a bit of a feels trip, and I have a feeling Ellie may be alone this time, I cannot wait for this game to come out. The atmosphere is intense, and Ellie looks like she's going to continue to defend her title as one of the awesomest characters ever done for a game, heck for a story. Curious to see how she got to this vengeful state. :scared:

Actually I think he already is. I may be reading into it too much, but "Valley of the shadow of death", somehow points to Joel being merely an image in Ellie's head during this game, like she's gone a bit nuts after his death and he's "guiding her". What does it for me is her "response" after Joel speaks. She's not really looking at him, and she speaks a thought rather than replies to Joel.

It's going to be interesting to see where they go with this story wise. I loved the first game, and I just hope that Part II can live up to it's predecessor.

Actually I think he already is. I may be reading into it too much, but "Valley of the shadow of death", somehow points to Joel being merely an image in Ellie's head during this game, like she's gone a bit nuts after his death and he's "guiding her". What does it for me is her "response" after Joel speaks. She's not really looking at him, and she speaks a thought rather than replies to Joel.
Seen this theory a couple times. Not going to discredit it since it's hard to know just what's going on in this scene beyond a lot of death, but others have questioned why Joel would be physically wielding a gun & his reflection appearing in the blood if he's nothing more than a spirit. I think him appearing out of the light may be giving more credit than due for this theory.

It does though, show how amazingly talented ND is; this is the pure definition of a teaser. :)

Seen this theory a couple times. Not going to discredit it since it's hard to know just what's going on in this scene beyond a lot of death, but others have questioned why Joel would be physically wielding a gun & his reflection appearing in the blood if he's nothing more than a spirit. I think him appearing out of the light may be giving more credit than due for this theory.

It does though, show how amazingly talented ND is; this is the pure definition of a teaser. :)
I know he seemed real, but other games who've shown "a person in the characters head", made him seem like he/she was actually there. Only reason I didn't toss out my theory about that. But yeah eitherway I'm super curious to see Naughty Dog have done. :D

I know he seemed real, but other games who've shown "a person in the characters head", made him seem like he/she was actually there. Only reason I didn't toss out my theory about that. But yeah eitherway I'm super curious to see Naughty Dog have done. :D
Personally, for now, I'm going to remain optimistic that he's real.

Only because his death & spirit following Ellie around is exactly the kind of thing that ND could pull off, and be done in a twist towards the end/halfway point. I'm not ready for those feels. :nervous:

Ohmigosh I have been waiting for this announcement so badly!!!!! :eek:

YAAAAAASSSSS!!!! :D Can't wait to see what the plot's about...
As much as Joel could be dead and all that, there's always the "What if" that Naughty Dog might have made it super misleading... ;)

I played the first game only once through, not because I didn't like it or anything, but because it was an extremely emotional game to play, nothing I've experienced in other games. Incredibly good story, characters, music, and overall quality. Think I might grab the first one on the PS4 and replay it.

I can't wait to play this one!

Remember the first game, had big emotional weight to it that I was exhausted at the end :lol: but it's one of my all time favorite games. People calling for ND to dive deep into Ellie's sexuality but I prefer if they don't and do it subtly and not be a focal point.

So here's what I think the main story will be about;

*SPOILER WARNING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL GAME BELOW*

We all remember the end of the original, where Joel took Ellie out of the surgery room, then killed Marlene and lied about it all to Ellie as they were heading to his brother's place. They obviously stayed there as it was a safe haven for them. That was until remaining Fireflies managed to track down and destroy the place, killing everyone besides Ellie and Joel. Ellie has made it her mission to eliminate all the Fireflies by tracking down the little pockets of society where they call home and destroying and murdering any found Fireflies, getting revenge for lying to her (she believes what Joel said to her at the end of the original TLOU) and for attacking Tommy and everyone at that safe haven.

How do I think it'll end if they go with that or something similar? Well, Ellie finds out the truth eventually, realises what she's done, blames Joel then kills him as a result. It's a stretch but holy crap that would be a hell of a plot twist.

According to developers, Ellie's story is about hate and revenge, so that's the best and most logical way to go about it and still ties directly into the original game. Obviously there will be underlying subplots and everything, but I believe that's going to be the main jist of things.

You do realize that you can attach a spoiler filter?

Like this?

Go to Insert and select Spoiler.
I do know this. I find this rather strange that you'd tell me to put it in a spoiler when it's just a theory and other people in this thread have openly talked about theories with no calls to add a spoiler.

And, most people would know what happened in the last game as it's pretty obvious what happens when you watch the trailer and know that Ellie is obviously atill alive.

Well you've got a bolded spoiler warning in your previous post, and I felt that a spoiler tag would do a better job than that sort of warning. And when you say that this thread is full of spoilers, there is no need of a warning in the first place. I think at this point everyone should know the plot to TLOU anyways, so no harm about discerning spoilers here.

So here's what I think the main story will be about;

*SPOILER WARNING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL GAME BELOW*

We all remember the end of the original, where Joel took Ellie out of the surgery room, then killed Marlene and lied about it all to Ellie as they were heading to his brother's place. They obviously stayed there as it was a safe haven for them. That was until remaining Fireflies managed to track down and destroy the place, killing everyone besides Ellie and Joel. Ellie has made it her mission to eliminate all the Fireflies by tracking down the little pockets of society where they call home and destroying and murdering any found Fireflies, getting revenge for lying to her (she believes what Joel said to her at the end of the original TLOU) and for attacking Tommy and everyone at that safe haven.

How do I think it'll end if they go with that or something similar? Well, Ellie finds out the truth eventually, realises what she's done, blames Joel then kills him as a result. It's a stretch but holy crap that would be a hell of a plot twist.

According to developers, Ellie's story is about hate and revenge, so that's the best and most logical way to go about it and still ties directly into the original game. Obviously there will be underlying subplots and everything, but I believe that's going to be the main jist of things.
I like the theory up until this point. A big debate about the end of the first game is whether or not Ellie knows the truth anyway, and just accepts Joel's answer regardless based on her attitude.

I like the theory up until this point. A big debate about the end of the first game is whether or not Ellie knows the truth anyway, and just accepts Joel's answer regardless based on her attitude.
Yeah I went on a limb there as Joel will likely die in this game, so that was less of a theory, and more of a hope there. :lol: It will be interesting though to see if they address that and put a definitive answer on if she onows the truth or not.

Yeah I went on a limb there as Joel will likely die in this game, so that was less of a theory, and more of a hope there. :lol: It will be interesting though to see if they address that and put a definitive answer on if she onows the truth or not.
What if she found out the Fireflies killed her mom and what they said before was a cover up? :scared:

If you haven't played the first game, you have no business being in this thread anyway... So let the spoilers run free!

I also suspect that she is tracking down and killing Fireflies. I don't think it likely that Joel would go along with going around actively seeking out trouble, so him being dead also seems like a very possible scenario, as well as motivation for Ellie's rampage. I hope the game will continue to feature a group of two, if not more, throughout most of the game, as it offers a great way for character development via dialogue throughout actual gameplay. The original game was a masterpiece in character driven story, and I hope this will be no different.

All this said, I was hoping we would see other parts of the world too, as well as get some more insight into the beginning of the outbreak.

Back