The Le Mans Car photo and discussion thread!

• Thread starter GT Freak!
  • 198 comments
GT Freak!
Thanks for that Samberto! I dont think this is a common view but i think the Pug looks butt ugly! Plus i couldnt take the car sersiously as France has never made a sports car, so it is strange that this seems to be so popular! March 9th is closer but im trying not to think about it or my school work will suffer! Am i right in thinking that in a straight line the LMP cars like the R8 are not as fast asthe closed top cars? Im talking in real life terms but i would be interested to know in GT4 terms as well! Slightly off topic but i am linking le mans with long distance here, how many kilometeres do you do when the engine starts to loose power like it did in GT3 and can you do something to return the engine back to the original power level?

France has never made a sportscar? perhaps but they made the fastest Le Mans car ever ;)
And look at the WRC in the past few years : 2000 pug 2001 pug 2002 pug 2003 citroen 2004 citroen ! pretty good huh?

And check whose motor won most of the GP during the '90 years
: renault!

And just wait till the end of the week and you will see how fast a french car can be!
( don't forget to watch australian gp)

By the way, can someone ( rotary_freq, legendmaster?) tell us where do you win the pug 905? And its specifications please?

Tigre_hobbes- yeah thats true that the French teams has won a lot in past years,we all know it I think. Unfortunately you forget one of my favourite teams-Schlesser Aventures and them great buggies in the Dakar race. Damn I would have seen Schlesser-Ford,Schlesser-Renault or the Kangoo in GT4 but atleast we have one of the Schlesser raced cars in the game,the Sauber C9 but number is wrong :( .

Not much to GT4 PAL release anymore. Waiting has always been really hard for me but I think all the wait is worth of it 100%. At the 9th,Circuit De La Sarthe here I come! Like I have said thousand times I really wait to drive in this track. In last days I have just been watching the real videos of Le Mans and to GT4 Circuit De La Sarthe :D .

GT Freak!
Thanks for that Samberto! I dont think this is a common view but i think the Pug looks butt ugly! Plus i couldnt take the car sersiously as France has never made a sports car, so it is strange that this seems to be so popular! March 9th is closer but im trying not to think about it or my school work will suffer! Am i right in thinking that in a straight line the LMP cars like the R8 are not as fast asthe closed top cars?

Don’t get me wrong…I am of the view that the 905 is an unsightly piece of work. That won’t however preclude it from being the fastest vehicle aside from F1.

Here is a real sample of the 905 in action:
http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/schlumpf/sounds_files/son_moteur5.mp3

In regard to the LMPs, the top speed differential is only really noticeable on circuits such as Le mans or Fuji. Not long now…

Has anyone bought the Pescarolos? I'm eager to try out the '04 model, but I'd hate to spend all that cash on something that is far inferior to the BMW LMR or the Audi.

Pironi
Thank you (& tigre_hobbes) for the research! For obvious reasons there's no tabacco & alcohol ads in GT, but I always hated the fact they didn't even have Opel in GT1,2,3 but Vauxhall! Never understood that, but finally they got it right in GT4. What's the point of modelling a car and after that putting the wrong stickers on it?

You do have Opel in GT2 and 3. If you change the game language into German or other languages (NOT English), you get Opels.

dbartucci
Has anyone bought the Pescarolos? I'm eager to try out the '04 model, but I'd hate to spend all that cash on something that is far inferior to the BMW LMR or the Audi.

This is what will happen if you go against the BMW LMR and Audi R8 with the inferior Pescarolo: :lol:

GT-One Lover
i like this here:

was that really a sound of the 905??? it rather sounded like a F1 car!!! the Toyota TS010 had such a noise, too!

Hahah I was wondering at first, why does that pic looked familar? :sly:

Samberto
Don’t get me wrong…I am of the view that the 905 is an unsightly piece of work. That won’t however preclude it from being the fastest vehicle aside from F1.

Here is a real sample of the 905 in action:
http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/schlumpf/sounds_files/son_moteur5.mp3

In regard to the LMPs, the top speed differential is only really noticeable on circuits such as Le mans or Fuji. Not long now…
i'm not really convinced with that clip. sounds too much like a v12 f1 car.

GT-One Lover
i like this here:

was that really a sound of the 905??? it rather sounded like a F1 car!!! the Toyota TS010 had such a noise, too!

It sounds like an F1 car, as the engine was essentially an F1 unit. 3.5 lts of high revving naturally aspirated V10. It is also of note that some of the Pugs’s 3.5lt competitors were using the Judd F1 V10 at the time. (used in the '04 Pescarolo)

I would love to see the un-raced Nissan NP35 in the game, as it carried a 3.5 lt V12 that is said to have had the most glorious sound.

Edit: GT-One lover, why not make the TS020 photo-mode pic your avatar?

Attachments

• p35.jpg
    p35.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 44
MR8, great pictures, i am sure i would not be on my own by saying please post some more of your great photos! That 905 does sound nice to be fair!

dbartucci
Also, not to offend anyone but the long straight isn't called Mulsanne, that's the corner at the end of it.

Thanks to http://www.racingcircuits.net for these images.

Technically the long straight is not called the Mulsanne, but thats what everyone calls it including drivers and annoucers. The real name is Hunaudieres, but who can pronounce that. Isn't the straight used as a road when there is no racing going on? Mulsanne straight just sounds cool.

GT Freak!
MR8, great pictures, i am sure i would not be on my own by saying please post some more of your great photos! That 905 does sound nice to be fair!

Nothing new here, all from my big fat thread: :dopey:

Some great photos here guys, makes me wish the PAL release date of March 9th was even sooner. :( As you can tell by my user name, I prefer the Group C era cars to the modern Le Mans vehicles, although I can't wait to unlock all of them.

Definately looking forward to the Jaguar XJR9 and Sauber-Merc C9 more than anything else. I've been waiting for these for a long time and now I finally have a chance to drive them in GT4. Also the 905B looks exciting, it used an engine similar to modern F1 cars with the familar shrill shreik of the V10. Not exactly sure why PD decided to put the Nissan R89C and R92CP in the game, the must like their Japanese cars since these two weren't very successful.

Here's a car I would like to see in the next GT - the Aston Martin AMR1:

astonmartin4_amr1_89.jpg

I also like to C group cars. Yeah and I am also waiting to drive a C9 specially with some new Le Mans LM-GTP cars. As a fan of Schlesser team I want to see can I go to 400 km/h with C9 in Hunaudiers :D .

neurokinetik
Try it with the Pescarolo Judd next time... I think it will be a bit more even.

So you would recommend the PS Pescarolo C60 Judd over the Bimmer? How does it stack up against the Bentley? I see their real-life qualifying times are pretty close at LeMans.

is there any chance of getting some photos of the jaguar le mans car and that old aston is cool but the new gt car looks so much better i hope it gets into g4 along with the mc12

zr2man
Technically the long straight is not called the Mulsanne, but thats what everyone calls it including drivers and annoucers. The real name is Hunaudieres, but who can pronounce that. Isn't the straight used as a road when there is no racing going on? Mulsanne straight just sounds cool.

I never heard any driver calling the hunaudières straight Mulsanne!
It's Mulsanne corner and Hunaudières straight! That's all! :)

GT-One lover, why not make the TS020 photo-mode pic your avatar?
good idea!
so the 905 had a engine similar to F1 cars´? nice! well the TS010 sounded like a F1 car, too(it had a F1-like V10 as well :) )!!
and the Pescarolos even have F1 engines today? lol, but audis V10 are still better ;)

GT-One Lover
good idea!
so the 905 had a engine similar to F1 cars´? nice! well the TS010 sounded like a F1 car, too(it had a F1-like V10 as well :) )!!
and the Pescarolos even have F1 engines today? lol, but audis V10 are still better ;)

Yes, the ’04 Pescarolo carries an enlarged Judd F1 style engine that began life in the early 90’s.
http://www.engdev.com/gv4.htm. The original engine was used in cars such as the Mazda MXR-01 which competed against the 905 and the TS010.

The Audi V10 sounds a little coarse in the game. The Lemans is a decent super-car however.

Here is colour corrected version of the avatar.

Attachments

• GTOne Avat.jpg
    GTOne Avat.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 289
Audi R8 Lm 2000, 2001 and 2002 man!! i dunno if the 1999 version had that V10, too but those last 3 cars had and it´s one of the best engines built for race cars so far(powerful but still usable for endurance races!)
and the revolutionary FSI-technology helped to save some important fuel to get the race in a very dominant way ;)
well audi´s good but GT-One is better :sly: and TS010 even more ;)
don´t comment---you know me :lol:
i just hope that the TS010 is at least in this "2nd editon GT4", which includes ONLINE mode and some more cars (and tracks?)!!
TN_Le_Mans-1992-06-21-007.jpg

well i would prefer the 93 model( i hate that "doors" at the rear wheels!)
TN_Le_Mans-1993-06-20-037.jpg

GT-One Lover
Audi R8 Lm 2000, 2001 and 2002 man!! i dunno if the 1999 version had that V10, too but those last 3 cars had and it´s one of the best engines built for race cars so far(powerful but still usable for endurance races!)

Nope, all of the Audi LMs carried a turbo charged V8 of around 3.6 lts. However Audi do have one V10 in the game… it features in the Lemans Quattro. (also fitted in NA form to the Lamborghini Gallardo.)

Edit:
Oh, make that two. I seem to have forgotten the Nuvolari in the PAL and NA versions.

Back