The Le Mans Car photo and discussion thread!

• Thread starter GT Freak!
  • 198 comments
:nervous: 👎 sorry i didn´t know what i was writing there, of course the audi R8R, R 00/01/02 HAD V8s FSI-engines---also all Bentleys i was just....dunno elsewhere look:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/audir8-01.html
Audi-PM5-thumb.jpg

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/audir8.htm
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/audir8r-99.html
Audi-SP12thumb.jpg

does anyone know ANYTHING about the "2nd GT4"???
i think it´l come out autumn or even summer 2005!or perhaps 2006

don´t you know? well GT4 was supposed to be WITH ONLINE MODE but this was taken out from the game because there wasn´t much time to get it cleared and perhaps no room on a DVD(?). However, GT4 "2nd edition" IS with Network gaming and with some more cars, but i dont know if there are more trcaks , too! So that´s the situation now, we have our game without network play and we´ll get a kind of "add-on" to this to play online on the PS2!!!

tigre_hobbes
France has never made a sportscar? perhaps but they made the fastest Le Mans car ever ;)
And look at the WRC in the past few years : 2000 pug 2001 pug 2002 pug 2003 citroen 2004 citroen ! pretty good huh?

And check whose motor won most of the GP during the '90 years
: renault!

And just wait till the end of the week and you will see how fast a french car can be!
( don't forget to watch australian gp)

By the way, can someone ( rotary_freq, legendmaster?) tell us where do you win the pug 905? And its specifications please?

Did you see? Last sunday a french car winning the australian GP?
I told you :D

tigre_hobbes
Did you see? Last sunday a french car winning the australian GP?
I told you :D

I did indeed. Fantastic race and im glad there is now a contender to Ferrari. Granted i wish it was mclaren (the car looks awsome this year with the viking horns) but Renault was my second choice. I was talking originaly along the lines of the road cars, i cant think of a french sports car!

Come on now March 9th, hurry up!!

why do people just sign on to gtplanet and spam? So sad!

Strange that you can buy the the 905, would have thought you would have to win it!

MR8, if your about this thread, would love for you to post up some more photos!

I now this is not a GT4 rendered pic but i think it is such a good photo or the R8. Could someone try and replicate?

A little bit of Photoshop funÂ…

attachment.php

-I have been enjoying the Pug and Jag for the last few days.
Two concerns: despite a more than respectable power to weight ratio, the 905 laps well below its real world potential.

-PD has seen fit to lump the XJR-9 with the dubious engine sample from the BMW LMR. Disappointing.

Ok, back to frisky fun in the silkcutless.

Samberto

attachment.php

Two concerns: despite a more than respectable power to weight ratio, the 905 laps well below its real world potential.

-PD has seen fit to lump the XJR-9 with the dubious engine sample from the BMW LMR. Disappointing.

I don't understand either. What's the problem with the 905's gearbox? It's nothing like a race gearbox : it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too slow!

tigre_hobbes
Little tribute to the 905 :

and last but not least the evo2 (pretty rare) :

Peugeot-MG2.jpg

Peugeot-MG1.jpg

Does anyone have any other pics of this car?!?! especially the frontal area?? I need it partially for the GTP car draw comp located in my sig. Thanks! đź‘Ť

Might as well post my R8 pic too...

VipFREAK
Does anyone have any other pics of this car?!?! especially the frontal area?? I need it partially for the GTP car draw comp located in my sig. Thanks! đź‘Ť

Might as well post my R8 pic too...

I'm sorry but these are the only ones I've found....

Samberto

attachment.php

so can the XJR-9 keep up with the C9 and the Minolta?

tigre_hobbes
so can the XJR-9 keep up with the C9 and the Minolta?
No, the low drag spec XJR-9 is not as capable as the aforementioned cars. I will see you all later in the year.

Warm regards,
Samberto.

One last pic:
(the order in which I enjoy)

sambertogroupc1gg.jpg

by the way... don't know if anyone said anything, but while we're on the whole naming detail thing. the mercedes in the game is actually the CLK LM, which was different aerodynamically (note the deep inlets where the front fenders meet the windscreen for example), and also had the V8 instead of the V12, which is what the clk GTR had.

pit

Mercedes-CLK-LM-in-pits.jpg

CLK LM

clk1.jpg

CLK GTR

Samberto
Possible that PD was under instruction from Mercedes. They want us to remember the success in the FIA-GT championshipÂ…but to forget about the poor showing at Le Mans 1998. Hence the fudging of the name.

Merc motorsport boss Norbert Haug on LM 1998:
“We just did a bad job…we hope that it doesn’t happen again.” Little did he know about the fun to come with the CLR.

There are significant differences between the two cars:
-CLK GTR = 6.0lt V12.
-CLK-LM =6.0lt V8. (thunderous sound)

The differences in body work are also substantial. Note the intakes on the LM (highlighted in red.) Note bumper design and the altered low drag body work that GT Freak has referred to.

attachment.php

Incidentally, the V12 GTR was unlockable with a cheat device in GT2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's the best explaination on this CLK error ever đź‘Ť

Samberto
It is my view that the car is in fact an obscure subtly updated 88-CV that may have raced or tested in early 1989 before the model change. It is of note that the GT4 car differs from regular 88C-Vs in that the front wing/nose section is not recessed. The ground hugging front wing is of course a feature that appeared on the 89C-V. Further, if we look at the sponsorship above the headlights (minolta) we can see that it has changed from CIBIE to KoiTo. This is also a feature of the 89CV.
Nonetheless, the GT4 version shares a closer resemblance to the 1988 CV than the 1989 CV. Note the rounder headlight coverings, the lack of side intakes, the different exhaust system/positioning and importantly the differences in bodywork (squared-off rear end highly prominent on 89CV).

Hence, we can be certain that the car is not an 89C-V. Now to find some photographs of the mysterious 88C-V that features in GT4Â…

attachment.php

Edit: one prepared earlier:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49212

post 12 in this thread may hold the answers ie go to the website - it has pictures of a minolta car in both years le mans series

Here are some R8 pics some normal, some not:

I also have a question. Is the movement of the drivers head dependent on the direction you are steering. If not my driver is looking the 'wrong' way (or is he praying and bracing for impact?).

this is kinda off topic but has anyone ever watched an entire replay of a lemans race without speeding it up?

cus i have the 90 lap race on laguna seca from gt2

Back