The little things that make you LOVE GT SPORT.

I wouldn’t say this makes me LOVE Gran Turismo Sport, but I just found that in Arcade mode you can change the track, car, time of day in without having to exit back to the main screen. Nice.

If we could change the race settings it would be even better, but I’ll take this time saving feature for now.

Attention to detail... older cars with incandescent tail lamps illuminate like they should, and in color correct tones as bulbs behind red or amber lenses would, compared to modern led. With a subtle delay that’s actually animated, when you hit the brakes. Noticed it in particular on the Silvia in Race A this week, for example.

Attention to detail... older cars with incandescent tail lamps illuminate like they should, and in color correct tones as bulbs behind red or amber lenses would, compared to modern led. With a subtle delay that’s actually animated, when you hit the brakes. Noticed it in particular on the Silvia in Race A this week, for example.
Most developers would skimp on these kinds of details but GT doesn't. Once you notice, you can't unsee it.

Last edited:
I’m going to be honest but everyone signalling the doom and gloom about GT7 being heavily based on GT Sport seems kind of crazy to me. Sport is easily in the top 3 for best looking games I’ve ever played in my life, so I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.

Not really sure why I’m posting this in this thread but I guess GT Sport’s insane and meticulous level of detail is a major reason why I played it for so long despite not being huge into the online championships. So if 7 is on the PS4 as well and looks like Sport but there’s just more of it, I’m fine with that personally. You don’t have to be, but I’m cool with it.

I’m going to be honest but everyone signalling the doom and gloom about GT7 being heavily based on GT Sport seems kind of crazy to me. Sport is easily in the top 3 for best looking games I’ve ever played in my life, so I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.

Not really sure why I’m posting this in this thread but I guess GT Sport’s insane and meticulous level of detail is a major reason why I played it for so long despite not being huge into the online championships. So if 7 is on the PS4 as well and looks like Sport but there’s just more of it, I’m fine with that personally. You don’t have to be, but I’m cool with it.
I would love that the gap between GT7 and GTS to be as huge as the gap between GT6 and GTS. That won't stop me to play GTS, and I'll look forward to buy a PS5 and GT7 (and probably a 4K monitor...)

It always makes me smile/chuckle whenever I see the rubber building up just outside of the racing line. I see it, and I think of David Hobbs calling F1 races on Speed Channel with Bob Varsha and Steve Matchett. David always called it "klag". And I remember the first time he used that word (or, at least, the first time I heard it) and Bob said, "What is it called? Klag?" Steve just sort of laughed under his breath and David said, "Yeah. All that klag out there." Like it was a normal thing to say. So now, every time I see it, I think of David and the guys calling F1 races.

It always makes me smile/chuckle whenever I see the rubber building up just outside of the racing line. I see it, and I think of David Hobbs calling F1 races on Speed Channel with Bob Varsha and Steve Matchett. David always called it "klag". And I remember the first time he used that word (or, at least, the first time I heard it) and Bob said, "What is it called? Klag?" Steve just sort of laughed under his breath and David said, "Yeah. All that klag out there." Like it was a normal thing to say. So now, every time I see it, I think of David and the guys calling F1 races.
I miss Hobbs, Matchett, and Varsha calling the races, they were informative, insightful, and entertaining. It's amazing how much their work improved the races.

I would love that the gap between GT7 and GTS to be as huge as the gap between GT6 and GTS. That won't stop me to play GTS, and I'll look forward to buy a PS5 and GT7 (and probably a 4K monitor...)
If you look at the next gen games so far, there's isn't much a huge gap in terms of visuals. So, I think we won't see a big jump with GT7, there's still a lot room for improvement to make the game look appealing though.

I feel the same way. I like the look of GTSport already, if they can improve the environment details in GT7, I'd be perfectly content.

So, I think we won't see a big jump with GT7, there's still a lot room for improvement to make the game look appealing though.
Yes I think you are right but it does not prevent me to dream 😇

Goodness, had the game for nearly 3 years and just noticed this!
I made a Scapes of 2 old Porsches next to each other, front-end view.
One was noticeably lower than the other - numbers, lights, wing mirrors.
I made sure to have them exactly aligned for distance from camera, but the height difference remained.

Checked in settings for each car and sure enough, I had lowered one just over 2 inches..... and it shows up in the Scapes!

That is amazing and shows the level of detail these guys go to. No wonder GT7 is a bit late!

Kudos to PD. :cheers:

Goodness, had the game for nearly 3 years and just noticed this!
I made a Scapes of 2 old Porsches next to each other, front-end view.
One was noticeably lower than the other - numbers, lights, wing mirrors.
I made sure to have them exactly aligned for distance from camera, but the height difference remained.

Checked in settings for each car and sure enough, I had lowered one just over 2 inches..... and it shows up in the Scapes!

That is amazing and shows the level of detail these guys go to. No wonder GT7 is a bit late!

Kudos to PD. :cheers:
Correct me if im wrong, but hasn't that always been the case?

What I like about GTS you don’t need to have points or rating to have great race with good online competition in the three Sport Races . Thing you need is only a good qualifying time to put you in race with drivers with close to your driving abilities. When you qualify with in 3 seconds of the top ten qualifying it is good racing no matter where you finish.

It's not a little thing perhaps but I do think the online experience of Gt Sport is still underrated or not celebrated as much as it could be. I play a lot of F1 and try to play online as much as possible and it is just constant frustration of either landing in empty lobbies or not finding lobbies with more than 4 or 5 other players, and this is constant to the point you may spend a couple of hours or more and never find a decent sized lobby to race with. With GTS I know I can pick any of the 3 races or whatever champs races are available at that time and have a full lobby to race with that more or less match my skill level. When I think of racing games that are PS4 available, this is just not the case in any other game and that reliability keeps me playing it almost every night of the week.

It's not a little thing perhaps but I do think the online experience of Gt Sport is still underrated or not celebrated as much as it could be. I play a lot of F1 and try to play online as much as possible and it is just constant frustration of either landing in empty lobbies or not finding lobbies with more than 4 or 5 other players, and this is constant to the point you may spend a couple of hours or more and never find a decent sized lobby to race with. With GTS I know I can pick any of the 3 races or whatever champs races are available at that time and have a full lobby to race with that more or less match my skill level. When I think of racing games that are PS4 available, this is just not the case in any other game and that reliability keeps me playing it almost every night of the week.
You are so right about this one. No more need to spend 20 min only looking for a lobby with a decent amount of players. Then you look at rule setup only to find out they are stupid (RS everywhere etc.). It is so time consuming, PD nailed that part of the game.

Today, I learnt that if you race on the Nürburgring 24H layout in Arcade Mode, the AI cars will indicate to the left or right as soon as you come up to pass them. Another neat detail reflecting the similar practice on the real-life Nürburgring 24 Hour endurance race, though in this case I think that's more of a self-defeating strategy on the AI's part.

Yes, I've been burning through Arcade Mode races while waiting for my GT7 steelbook to turn up...

Last edited:
After playing GT7 on PS5 for 2 days....I'm back to playing GT Sport and love it so much more. The game feels way more polished and just better overall.
Hopefully once the server shuts down, they make it so you can save the game offline!

Last edited:
Back